Can I Talk To You?

Forgotten Promise

"Hey Yoong?"

"What?"

"Can I talk to you?" Donghae asked. Yoona walked faster, embarrassed as she remembered what had happened during class.

"No," she snapped. She walked even faster, but Donghae easily caught up with her. She wished that girls were much faster than boys at that time.

"Please?" Donghae pleaded. "It's about pencil–"

"That has nothing to do with you," Yoona snapped. "I broke a pencil. So what?"

"No, after that," Donghae said. "I was going to talk about your red cheeks earlier."

Yoona froze and clenched her teeth. She took a deep breath, and then exhaled. Now might be a great time to confess my feelings towards him.

"Donghae, I want to say something," Yoona said after turning around. Donghae nodded.

"Okay, but I want to say something first," he insisted. Yoona nodded her head, prepared to what Donghae might have to say. He leaned closely to Yoona, only inches away from their face. Yoona's eyes widened as she tightly closed her eyes. 

Is he going to kiss me? Yoona wondered. Why so sudden? Ack! Wait, what am I supposed to do when I'm kissing someone? Ugh, I totally forgot!

Instead of lips meeting hers, she felt a pair of soft hands touching her forehead. Yoona slowly opened her eyes and found Donghae checking her temperature. He sighed in relief and smiled.

"Oh, good. I thought you were sick. I remember when we were so young, your cheeks used to be so red, I knew if you were sick. Good thing that your cheeks don't get really red now when you're sick," Donghae said, chuckling. He stopped laughing for a moment, and then stared deeply into Yoona's eyes. "So, you needed to say something?"

Yoona kept quiet, as she heard her heart beating really fast. She quickly shook her head and dashed off without saying anything else. 


Yuri stormed towards her locker and furiously tried to open her lock. It refused to open, as Yuri continued to add her combination.

"Stupid lock, I hate you!" Yuri screamed, banging her fist against her lock. Why was she so angry? Oh yeah, because she knew that Donghae was staring at Yoona half the history class, practically ignoring her. No wait, that wasn't the question to ask herself. Why was she pretending that she was furious? That question, she could not answer.

"Do you need help?" someone asked from behind. Yuri knew exactly who that voice belonged to. She turned around and spotted Minho right behind her. When I mean right behind her, I mean that he was centimeters away from her body. Yuri gasped, shocked at their closeness, as she banged her back against the locker. She groaned, as Minho chuckled.

"What's your combination?" he asked. Yuri reluctantly told him her combination, just for the sake of getting her locker opened up. It seemed like her lock fell in love with Minho, too, because he was able to open the lock in a breeze. "Well, that wasn't too hard. I don't understand why you were trying to open it as if it was jammed up."

"Ha, ha, funny," Yuri muttered, glaring at the lock Minho had handed to her. Yuri kept quiet with a frown on her face, as she placed her books into the locker and took out some more books. Minho watched, leaning against the locker next to Yuri's. Yuri suddenly began to feel uncomfortable. She glanced at Minho, who continued to stare at her, staring deeply into her eyes.

"Yes?" Yuri said quietly.

"Do you have lunch?" Minho asked.

"No," Yuri replied. "I'm giving them to Donghae."

Minho looked irritated. "How come?"

"Because I like him, duh," Yuri replied, rolling her eyes.

"Tell me, Yuri, why do you like Donghae so much?" Minho questioned. Yuri stiffened. Why did she like Donghae? 

"I…I don't really know," Yuri replied, biting her lower lips. "But I love him. I know that."

"Say that looking at my eyes," Minho demanded.

"No," Yuri replied coldly.

"How come?"

"Because I hate you."

"For what?"

"For not loving me," Yuri replied, not exactly listening to what she was saying. Minho smirked.

"So if I love you, will you reconsider me?" he asked.

"Maybe."

Minho nodded his head slowly, and then brushed Yuri's hair. "Then I'm looking forward for you falling in love with me."

With that, he disappeared without saying another word. Yuri finally finished putting the things she needed in her locker and closed her locker. She smiled satisfyingly and turned around, watching Minho walk away from her. She shrugged, and then walked away. 

However, she quickly looked back, staring at the charismatic boy, walking farther and farther away from her to the next class.