Triggering

Forgotten Promise

Heechul stared at the large, white mansion. He gulped, knowing that Jessica was in that mansion, coughing and sneezing. He checked his phone for no particular reason. Maybe he was waiting for Yoona to call him if he was all settled with Jessica. Maybe he was waiting for Donghae to encourage him. Maybe he was waiting for Yuri to call him and scream at him for being a wimp. However, he was definitely sure that he was waiting for that blonde-haired beauty to call him, or at least text him. 

With a dozen of red roses in his hands and a yellow card buried deep in it, he dropped off the bouquet of flowers in front of the mansion's gate. He rang on the silver bell. 

"Who's there?" someone said. It was an unfamiliar, deep voice. Heechul, thinking that it was Jessica's dad, chickened out. He wasn't ready to face Jessica's dad yet! He was hardly ready to meet Jessica! He ran away before the voice can see who Heechul was through the camera.

Hiding behind the green, thick bushes, Heechul banged the palm of his hand against his forehead. Stupid Heechul! he scolded. Stupid, stupid, stupid! You can't even probably give the girl you love flowers. Flowers! Gah!

Finding an empty can, he kicked it hard. He puffed his cheeks, hunched his back, and continued to kick the metal, red can. 

Meanwhile, Jessica's butler went outside and spotted the roses and the card. He was the one who had answered Heechul's ring, but found it strange that there was no reply. He noticed that the flowers and cards were for the sick girl. He took it inside in an orderly fashion. Once he arrived inside Jessica's room, he saw that Jessica was awake.

"Achoo! Achoo!" Jessica sneezed. She blew her nose with a tissue and groaned, as the butler handed her a yellow card. She frowned, and sniffed. "What's this?"

"I found these lovely flowers and this card outside. It seems to be for you, Madam Jung," the butler informed. 

"Does Krystal have to do with this?" Jessica asked.

"No. In fact, I'm sure the writing if from a boy. It's quite, er, unreadable," the butler said awkwardly. He placed the flowers in a fancy vase and left Jessica sneezing and reading the card. A smile plastered on her face, as she reread the card once more.

Naw, Heechul! Jessica thought, grinning and giggling. You didn't have to do so much for me!


"Woah, woah! Let me help you," Donghae said. He ran towards Yoona and grabbed half of the textbooks Yoona was carrying. Yoona blew a strand of hair away from her face and smiled tiredly at Donghae.

"Thanks Hae," Yoona thanked. Despise the fact that the books were heavy, seeing Yoona smiling made the books feel lighter. Donghae smiled back, his lips curving upwards until it hurt.

"No problem!" Donghae replied. The two began walking back home silently. None of them spoke a word, since they had nothing to say to each other. Finally, Donghae decided to bring up a topic.

"Anything stirred up in your memories yet?" Donghae questioned. Yoona sighed and shook her head.

"No matter how hard I tried, I can't remember," Yoona replied.

"Think now. Do you remember anything?"

"No."

"Don't be so direct. Think carefully."

"I am."

"No, you're not."

"How do you know?"

"Because you're replying right after I finish saying something," Donghae said cheekily. Yoona rolled her eyes and continued to walk with him silently. She thought, and thought, and thought. However, nothing about the past popped out. She frowned, as she sighed. She looked up at the sunset, which painted beautiful colors of red, orange, and yellow. Clouds were dyed in pink, as the sky began to turn purple. Yoona couldn't help but smile a bit. Suddenly, something triggered in her memories. The sunset looked so familiar. It was as if she saw this sunset twice, but that didn't make sense. She had seen this sunset every single day when she came home, but why was it that this sunset seemed more familiar?

"Donghae…" Yoona started. "Does something in the past have to do something with the sunset?"

Donghae looked shocked. "Are you really remembering?"

"Does it?" Yoona asked again. Donghae kept quiet, as if he didn't know if he should tell you. His head nodded up and down slowly, as Yoona scrunched her eyebrows. "But…why?"

"I guess you're only recognizing some parts," Donghae sighed. "All I want is for you to remember one event in our life. That one, really important even in our life."

Yoona shrugged, as the two noticed that they were already in front of Yoona's house. Yoona took her textbooks back and grinned softly.

"Well, let's hope that something else triggers in my mind."

"Yeah," Donghae agreed. "Let's hope…"