A Mixed Decision

Forgotten Promise

Minho was not sick. Of course he wasn't sick, he was always fit and ate healthy snacks and food. How could he get sick? It was only a mere excuse for him to avoid Yoona for a day. He had a lot of thoughts in his mind about last night–especially when he saw Yuri kissing Donghae.

He remembered the sharp pain that had tugged his heart when Yuri's lips touched Donghae. He asked himself repeatedly why he was jealous, but could not recall an answer. He heaved a sigh and decided to go out for a walk. He got up and changed his shorts and sweat shirt into a sweater and some sweat pants. When he stepped outside, he put a hood over his head.

Why was I jealous? Minho wondered, walking on the street. The wind blew on his questioning face. Why am I even thinking about the kiss? It doesn't make sense…I wanted Yuri to go to Donghae so that Donghae could fall in love with Yuri, but at the same time, I felt upset. 

"Why is it that Donghae gets all the girls?!" Minho grumbled, kicking an uneven, bumpy rock. The rock rolled down the street and curved a bit, landing on the street. Minho sighed as he rubbed his face with his exhausted hands. When he closed his eyes, an image of Yuri smiling appeared in his head. Immediately, Minho shot his eyes wide open, finding himself staring at the ground. His heart was beating at a much faster pace, as his ears flushed in bright, cherry-red colors. He fanned himself with his hand and breathed a puff of air.

"Oh my gosh, what's going on with me…"


"Kwon Yuri."

Yuri gracefully turned around, and then smiled slyly at the person who had called her name. "Oh, Yoona. What's the problem?"

"I declare war," Yoona stated. Yuri frowned.

"What do you mean?" she asked, confused. 

"You know exactly what I mean, Yuri. Don't act like you don't know what I'm declaring war about," Yoona snapped. Yuri smirked as she flipped her hair. She knew exactly what Yoona was talking about: Donghae.

"We all know who the winner is," Yuri said confidently. She shot a cold glare at Yoona. "It's me."

Yoona laughed. "Don't be so confident, Yuri. I still know that you love Minho oppa."

Yuri froze. "W-What are you talking about?"

Yoona wasn't sure if Yuri still had feelings for Minho; it was a mere guess. Yuri, too, didn't know if she still had feelings for Minho, either. She truly thought that Donghae was a better person, but Minho…

"Minho oppa is a jerk," Yuri snapped. Her tone was now icy and dark, as she clenched a fist. "Don't bring that name upon me anymore–"

"Yoona!" 

Yoona turned around while Yuri looked up. The two hearts raced like a galloping horse, as they saw their "prince." Donghae smiled warmly at Yoona as he approached her.

"H-Hi Donghae oppa…" Yoona said shyly, tucking her hair behind her back. Yuri snorted. 

"So you can make it to the cake shop, right?" Donghae asked. Yoona giggled.

"I told you that I'll make it! I keep my promises!"

"But you forget them."

"I'm a lady, Donghae oppa."

"I feel like we had the 'lady' discussion before," Donghae mumbled, smirking. Yoona rolled her eyes and playfully slapped her hand against Donghae's arm.

"Looks like someone is forgetting things too," Yoona snickered. 

"Hey, I assure you that I have a great memory," Donghae said, pouting like a puppy. Yuri couldn't help but enviously stare at Yoona. She wanted to be the one going to the cake shop with Donghae. She wanted to be the one having the playful conversation with Donghae. Then, out of the blue, she saw herself replacing Yoona and Minho replacing Donghae. Her heart immediately raced even faster than when she saw Donghae. She covered her face with her long, black hair and turned around without bidding a goodbye. She ran away from the two, who did not know that Yuri had disappeared. 

I can't still be confused with my feelings! Yuri exclaimed. I have to decide! And I've decided that I love Donghae!

But…why does Minho keep appearing in my head?