"Sorry Yoong, but I Can't."

Forgotten Promise

Yoona sat at the corner of the library, glancing secretly at Donghae, who was sitting on a chair, reading a book. Yoona couldn't help but drift off into her daydreams, thinking of her and Donghae together. 

"Ya, Yoona, are you listening?" Minho asked, poking his pencil had Yoona. Yoona felt the sharp led poke on her skin as she winced. She snapped out of her thoughts and heaved a sigh.

"Yep, I'm listening," Yoona lied. Minho pretended to go along with Yoona's lie and began to read a page from the book aloud. Again, Yoona glanced at Donghae once more, who had looked up to roam around the library. He caught Yoona's eyes and smiled warmly, making the doe-eyed girl blush madly. Minho, who noticed again that Yoona wasn't listening, sighed and closed his book. He eyed at Donghae and gave him a dirty look.

"Ya, Yoona, you better start listening or else…"

"Minho oppa, can you continue whatever you were doing without me? I just have to ask Donghae a quick question," Yoona said, as she got up from her seat. Minho quickly grabbed Yoona's wrist before she was able to take a step. She looked annoyed and irritated. "Mwoh?"

"You do know that you're my girlfriend and I'm your boyfriend, right?" Minho reminded. Yoona bit her lips and let out an awkward laugh.

"Course I know that! Who doesn't?" Yoona mumbled, as she sat back down. 

"If you have to ask a quick question, you can ask me."

"It's for Jessica's wedding. I need to ask Donghae to be my partner."

"I thought you asked him that yesterday?" Minho said, raising an eyebrow. Yoona's eyes wandered around the library and then looked down at her shoes. 

How am I supposed to tell Minho oppa that I couldn't ask Donghae oppa properly because I suddenly got nervous around him? Surely he'll think that I love him, even though I don't, Yoona thought, staring at Minho's charismatic eyes.

"I, uh, just need to ask him what he's going to wear. You know, it is a wedding after all," Yoona said, making up an excuse. Minho stared deeply into Yoona's eyes, trying to find out of she was lying or if she was telling the truth. He finally let out a sigh and released his grip from Yoona's wrist.

"Fine. Make it quick, though," Minho ordered. Yoona smiled brightly as she skipped towards Donghae, who was just about to get up from his seat.

"Donghae oppa!" Yoona called quietly. Donghae turned his head towards Yoona and flashed back a grin.

"Hey Yoong! Do you, uh, need something?" Donghae questioned. When Yoona saw Donghae's handsome grin, her heart began to race. 

It's happening again! Yoona thought, noticing how hot it started getting. My heart is beating for Donghae oppa again! I don't understand, why does my heart beat for Donghae oppa? Why is it getting so hot in here?

"Yoona, you're turning red. Do you have a fever or something?" Donghae asked. He brought up his hand and softly placed it on Yoona's forehead. With the free hand, he placed it on his own forehead. Silence filled the atmosphere, as Yoona began to hear her heart beating loudly as if she had just ran a relay race. Time seemed to be endless, as Yoona absorbed herself in her own little world. 

Slap! Donghae's hands were dropped to the side. Yoona looked up and found Minho glaring at Donghae with cold eyes. Minho had just slapped Donghae's hand off of Yoona's forehead.

"Too much skin ship," Minho snapped at Donghae.

"But she was turning red, and I thought she was sick," Donghae protested, frowning at Minho.

"Still, you were too close," Minho said, glancing at Yoona, "And I mean too close."

Yoona looked down at the ground in shame. "Sorry…"

"I thought you were just going to ask him what he was going to wear for Jessica's wedding," Minho said, heaving a sigh. "You took a long time, and I saw Donghae touching your face."

"What wedding? I'm invited?" Donghae asked, blinking cluelessly.

Oh no, Yoona thought, as she covered her face with her long hair. Minho raised an eyebrow.

"Sica's wedding. Yoona invited you, didn't she?" Minho questioned.

"Oh! So was that what you were going to ask me yesterday at the roof? She just ran away from me when I got a couple of inches close to her," Donghae said, sticking his tongue out. Minho stared at Yoona.

"Yoona…" he said in a scary tone.

"Um…He forgot?" Yoona squeaked.

"No, if I remember clearly, you didn't ask me about the wedding–"

"Oh shut up, Lee Donghae!" Yoona shouted, glaring at Donghae. The librarian shushed her, which made her close . Minho tossed his head up in the air and groaned. He rubbed his face, and then looked down back at Yoona disappointingly.

"So you ended up lying to me?"

"I didn't mean to!"

"You never lied to me, Yoona!" 

"Still!" Yoona protested, unable to say anything else. Donghae rocked his foot back and forwards, finding the argument interesting.

"Maybe Jessica's right about you being so stubborn," Minho snapped. 

Yoona's eyes widened. "Mwoh?"

"Maybe you're too stubborn to realize who you love. Here you are, lying to your boyfriend, and finding it hard to tell Donghae to tell Donghae about the wedding," Minho said, his dry lips. 

"Oh, so now you're talking behind my back?" Yoona snarled. Minho kept quiet for a moment to realize what he had just said. He widened his eyes, knowing that he had angered his girlfriend.

Shoot, he thought, biting his lower lips.

"Yoona, you know I'm sorry and I didn't mean to say that…"

Yoona simply ignored Minho and turned to Donghae. "Anyways, I was going to ask you about Jessica's wedding. Will you be my partner for her aunt's wedding?"

Donghae looked surprised, as if he wondered why Yoona was asking him such a question instead of Minho. Then, he pressed his lips into a thin line, looking down at the ground. Finally, he his dry lips and smiled.

"Sorry Yoong, but I can't. I have plans."