Cake Time

Forgotten Promise

"Yoona!" Donghae called from the end of the hallway. Students lined up against the wall, whispering and giggling at Donghae. Yoona groaned. She was at the other end of the hallway, trying to avoid Donghae as much as possible. How did he even find me all the way from the other end of the hall? Yoona wondered, as Donghae approached her.

"Yoona!" Donghae panted, dropping his hands on his knees, "Let's…go eat…cake!"

"Donghae, I…"

"C'mon! It's only a slice. What harm would that do to you?" Donghae asked, nudging his elbow against Yoona's arm. Yoona sighed and bit her lips. What should I do? People will think that Donghae and I are dating, Yoona thought.

"It'll do lots of harm," Yoona said, as she walked outside. Donghae glumly dropped his shoulder. She really doesn't want to eat cake with me! What's wrong with eating cake? Donghae thought, frowning, Don't give up, Donghae! You have to bring Yoona to a cake shop somehow! 

"Ya, Yoona-ah! Wait up!" Donghae called, running to catch up with Yoona. Yoona completely ignored him and walked even faster, pressing her books tightly against her chest. Will that boy ever give up? Yoona wondered, clearly annoyed and irritated. Donghae suddenly reached for Yoona's wrist and grabbed it tightly. Yoona turned around and glared at him.

"YA! Leave me alone!" Yoona snapped rudely. Donghae scoffed.

"Is that how you treat to your old friend?" Donghae asked. Yoona rolled her eyes.

"Donghae, don't you understand? We're on different paths in life! Let go of me!" Yoona demanded, but Donghae held her wrist even tighter.

"Different paths? Ha, I don't think so. I think our paths merged and joined together. We're on the same path Yoona, so that's why I'm here in front of your face," Donghae said, as he dragged Yoona out of school. "Now come on, I want to eat cake."


"I can't believe I'm here," Yoona muttered as Donghae gave Yoona a plate of strawberry shortcake.

"Eat it," Donghae commanded. He poked through his chocolate cake, secretly glancing at Yoona if she was eating her cake. Her cake was untouched, and Yoona crossed her arms.

"Aish…This is so embarrassing! Donghae oppa, why do I have to eat it?" Yoona complained. Donghae smirked and bit into his snack.

"Because I bought it for you with the coupon I stole from some guys," Donghae said, chewing his cake. Yoona gasped.

"Donghae oppa, you still steal coupons?" Yoona asked in disbelief. Donghae shook his head.

"No, I don't steal coupons. I steal cake coupons only. Yoona-ah, you should know better," Donghae scolded, eating another piece. Yoona scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Mwoh? How can I remember something like that years ago?" Yoona questioned.

"I remember how I declared that you'd be mine years ago," Donghae mumbled, but Yoona heard what he said well. Yoona pushed her plate away from her.

"I'm not eating," she declared. Donghae widened his eyes.

"YA!" Donghae shouted.

"I'm not eating, Donghae oppa! It's too fattening," Yoona complained. Donghae heaved a sigh.

"Aish…you're as troublesome as ever. I thought you grew into a lady," Donghae grumbled.

"I did grow into a lady!"

"A lady doesn't forget promises."

"Who cares? I wasn't a lady back then!"

"Then a lady should remember old promises."

"DONGHAE OPPA!"


"Ah, that was good," Donghae said, his lips cleanly. Yoona rolled her eyes.

"Aish…now I'm so behind my homework and all," she whined. Suddenly, the two saw a motorcycle parking in front of them. Yoona and Donghae didn't notice since they were too busy arguing with each other.

"Yoona!" Yoona turned around and smiled at the direction where the voice was coming from. Minho tossed her a helmet, which Yoona wore. Minho started the engines of his motorcycle and smiled at Yoona.

"Come on! Ride," Minho commanded. Yoona nodded her head quickly as she sat behind Minho. Quickly, she wrapped her skinny little arms around Minho's waist. Donghae stopped talking and stared at the two jealously. 

"Ya, what's up with the hugging?" Donghae asked, approaching Minho and Yoona. Minho pressed his lips into a thin line and looked away, clearly annoyed. He turned back to face Donghae and glared.

"It's safer for the person who's riding behind you to hug your waist," Minho said, "Why? Are you jealous?" Donghae scoffed.

"Me? Jealous? Of course not, she's just my friend," Donghae said. Why does it feel like I'm lying to myself? Donghae wondered, as Minho smirked.

"Just your friend? Okay, then there's nothing to be freaked about her hugging her own boyfriend. Besides, you've spent your time with Yoona eating cake, anyways. Now, excuse us," Minho said, as he drove off with Yoona. Donghae clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. I hate that Minho! Donghae thought.