Holding Hands

Forgotten Promise

The next morning, Yuri woke up drowsily. It was, of course, another day of school, but she didn't want to get up. All she could think about was Minho rejecting her and how there was no more hope. Maybe I should just give up, Yuri thought, getting up on her feet. Maybe I should just give up on Minho and look at someone else.

Or maybe I should just continue loving Minho and confess to him.

Yuri softly shook her head as she pasted toothpaste on her toothbrush. Nah, I should just give up. Maybe I'll give someone else a try. Maybe Heechul, who used to love me before.

She stopped brushing her teeth and stared at the mirror. Then, she smirked and shook her head, continuing to brush her teeth. Nah, Heechul's over me. He probably likes some other girl. Maybe I should give…Donghae a try. He looks like a promising guy.

Nah, he's trying to get Yoona to love him. I don't want to get between in their relationship.

"Aish! I'm going crazy!" Yuri shouted, as she spat out the foamy toothbrush. She stared at the mirror for a couple of seconds, and then furiously brushed her teeth with all her strength. Minho, why can't you just accept me and let go of Yoona?!


"Ah, Donghae! How nice to see you! Are you looking for Yoona?" Mrs. Im asked, clasping her hands. Donghae smiled brightly at Yoona's mom and nodded his head.

"Neh, I am. Did she leave yet?" Donghae asked, peeking inside the house. Mrs. Im pressed her lips into a thin line, and then glanced behind at the stairs. Yoona was on the steps of the stairs, staying still like the night. Donghae wasn't able to see the stairs, so all he saw was nothing. Yoona quickly signaled her mother to tell Donghae that she had left, but obviously her mom didn't understand.

"Not…really," Mrs. Im said awkwardly. "She's still in the house, I guess…"

Yoona threw her hands up in the air and dropped them down on her lap. A loud slap! was heard when Yoona's hand dropped on her thigh. Donghae grinned and then smirked. 

"May I come in?" Donghae asked. Mrs. Im quickly nodded her head and allowed Donghae to enter the house. Yoona's heart quickly fastened its pace when she saw Donghae entering the room. Donghae smiled warmly at Yoona as he took off his shoes. "Hey Yoona."

"What do you want?" Yoona snapped rudely. Mrs. Im gave Yoona a sharp, disappointed look.

"Im Yoona, be nice," Mrs. Im hissed.

Yoona sighed and tossed Donghae a fake smile. "Good morning, Donghae oppa! How do you do?"

"Mm…Fine. Is your father here?" Donghae asked, looking around the house.

"No, I'm afraid he's not here. Why?" Yoona asked, curiously raising an eyebrow. Donghae shook his head and rocked his feet forward and backward.

"Eh, nothing," Donghae replied quickly. "So are you ready to go to school?"

"No. In fact, I haven't ate breakfast yet," Yoona lied.

"Yoona-ah, you just did! Are you going to stuff yourself with another meal?" 

"Umma!" Yoona groaned. Sheesh Umma! You need to learn how to act! Yoona thought, embarrassed. Donghae chuckled and stared at Yoona. Aigoo, she's so cute when she's embarrassed! he thought sweetly.

"Well then, if my Yoona is going to stuff herself up, I have no problem with that. I'll go outside then," Donghae said, glancing at Mrs. Im. Yoona rolled her eyes and came down the stairs.

"Oh, whatever! If you're already here, I should just go with you," Yoona grumbled. Donghae flashed Yoona a grateful smile, which made Yoona blush a bit.

"Alright! Well, I'll be off. Have a good day, Mrs. Im!" Donghae said, bowing at Yoona's mother.

Yoona's mother giggled and flushed in embarrassment. "Oh, Donghae, you're such a gentleman! I will sure have a great day today."

Slowly, Yoona's mother leaned near Donghae ear and whispered, "And please take care of Yoona."

Donghae grinned and nodded his head as Yoona walked right passed him.

"Come on, Donghae! Let's go! I don't want to be late!" Yoona shouted, slipping on her shoes. Donghae jumped and quickly followed behind Yoona. He slipped on his shoes, too, and walked outside the house. Yoona sighed and bowed to her mother.

"Bye Umma! See you after school!" Yoona said, bidding a goodbye. As the two students turned around, Yoona's mom closed the door. She couldn't help but giggle as she skipped into a kitchen. Maybe my Yoona is falling in love with Donghae! Oh, how wonderful would that be!

Meanwhile, Yoona and Donghae were silently walking to school. None of them spoke, and every time Donghae tried to start a conversation, Yoona would cut him off. Finally, Donghae decided to extend his hand. Yoona, noticing that Donghae was holding up his hand, raised an eyebrow.

"What?" she asked. Donghae just smiled. Yoona sighed as she stopped walking. "Seriously, Donghae oppa. What?"

"Let's hold hands," Donghae suggested. Yoona's face quickly reddened after Donghae finished his sentence. What's wrong with me? Yoona wondered. It's just holding hands. Even children holds hands without getting embarrassed! Yoona thought, as she stared at Donghae's hand. His hand seemed to beg to be locked with. Yoona nervously cleared and grabbed Donghae's hand.

"W-Well, if you insist," Yoona stuttered, as she suddenly began to feel hotter. Donghae studied Yoona a bit, and then chuckled at her. He then intertwined his fingers with Yoona's, which made her slightly gasp. She lowered her head so that her hair could cover her embarrassed (and blushing) face. Gah, what's wrong with me? she wondered, biting her tongue to keep herself from squealing with joy.


A/N: Wow, I couldn't believe that I was only on chapter 24! :O I thought I should be at least chapter 30! :P Anyways, as you guys can see, Yoona is starting to fall in love with Donghae! <3 Kekeke~ ^^ Hm…2 weeks later is when my school starts…So I won't be able to update much when school starts. When I mean I won't be able to update much, I mean very much. When school starts, I'll only be able to start updating on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. :) So enjoy the chapters until my school starts! :3 Hopefully, I get to finish this FF before school starts, though…