I Don't Get It

Forgotten Promise

Donghae had seen Yoona run away. He didn't know why she had ran away from the crowd, but all he knew was that she was upset. Jessica smiled at Donghae, but then suddenly looked shocked.

"What the…" she mumbled, staring at Donghae. She sensed that something was different with "Heechul." For one thing, Heechul wouldn't wear tuxedoes. He would be wearing casual and comfortable clothing, even at a fancy party. She also noticed how short Heechul was. Heechul was much taller, but this impostor was definitely a bit shorter than Heechul. She squinted her eyes and then gasp. 

"Donghae?" she whispered, moving away from the microphone. Donghae glanced at Jessica and forced a smile.

"What are you talking about? I'm Heechul," Donghae lied.

"You can't fool me, mister! Where's Heechul?" Jessica snapped, examining the whole wedding with a birds-eye view. Donghae pressed is lips into a thin line.

"Sorry, but I'm your replacement."

"Sorry your ! Move, I'm going to find Heechul myself."

"But…"

"But? Move."

"But Heechul said to keep you occupied while he escapes this wedding," Donghae blurted. Jessica blinked her eyes for a couple of minutes. Then, she put a hand on Donghae's shoulder.

"I am so glad that you are as dumb as Heechul. Thanks, Donghae," Jessica said, smirking as she walked off the stage. Donghae stood on the stage alone, as everyone began to whisper and gasp. Donghae tugging on his tie, unsure of what to say or do. Then, he remembered how Yoona was crying earlier.

I better go check her out, Donghae thought, as he, too, ran down the stage. Minho, who was still in the crowd, glanced suspiciously at "Heechul."

Something's up, Minho thought. I better follow him. Just in case.


"I don't get it!" Yoona screamed, throwing her white heels at a rough tree. "I don't get it! Why am I crying over my friend? Who cares about that dumb Donghae? I don't get it! Why am I crying?! Is Minho oppa really nothing to me?" 

She began to cry some more, collapsing on her knees. I just don't get it!

"You're really in the dumps, hm?" a familiar voice whispered. Yoona whipped her head around and glared at the fellow person.

"What do you want, Yuri?" Yoona snapped. 

"Oh, I don't want anything for today," Yuri said, shaking her head, "I already got a date with Minho, so I'm fine. I just thought that I could help you out. Heechul is already on his way out of this place, so I'm done with helping him."

"Well, I don't need any help! I'm perfectly fine alone! Now go away!" Yoona yelled, throwing a large stick at Yuri. Yuri shut her eyes tightly, unable to move. She felt the sharp edge of the stick scratch against right below her right eye. The stick landed on the ground, as blood trickled down the deep scar. Yuri slowly reached to touch the injury, as Yoona began to feel guilty.

"So this is how it is," Yuri mumbled, noticing that she was bleeding. She shot a nasty glare at Yoona. "Im Yoona, you've gone crazy. No, you've gone mad. Just dump Minho and go to Donghae! I'll take care of Minho!"

"But I don't want to leave Minho!" Yoona shouted, making a fist. "I don't want to leave Minho oppa, but I don't want anyone else to be with Donghae oppa! I don't get it! I love Minho oppa but I don't want anyone to be with Donghae oppa! I don't get it, I don't get it, I don't get it!"

"Yoona?"

Yoona gasped as fear ran through her skin. She had clearly recognized who that voice belonged to. Yuri, however, seemed excited as her eyes glistened with joy.

"Minho oppa!" Yuri squealed as Minho appeared in front of them. He dusted off some twigs and leaves that were attached to his suit.

"Aish…that Donghae," Minho grumbled. "He led me to the wrong path!"

"Donghae?" Yoona questioned, wiping her tears. Minho looked up and grinned at Yoona.

"Or maybe not," he mumbled, as he glanced at Yuri. "Oh, hi Yuri."

Minho walked up to Yoona and gave her a big hug. "There you were, Yoona! I saw you run away, but I didn't know why or where you were off to!"

"Oh, um, you know, I was, well, um…I was just taking a breather," Yoona lied, laughing awkwardly. Minho pretended to not notice the fake-laugh. 

"Anyways, why were you crying?" Minho asked, wiping a tear away from Yoona's cheek. Yoona looked away and shook her head.

"No reason. Just…"

"Wonder where Yoona went," Donghae murmured, as he appeared from the same place Minho had appeared from. Yoona felt her heart leap. 

"D-Donghae oppa!" Yoona stuttered aloud. Donghae looked up and smiled naturally at Yoona.

"Ah, there you were!" Donghae exclaimed. "For a second, I thought Minho would get to you first–Oh, wait, never mind. He already did…"

Donghae looked a bit upset, as Yoona pulled away from Minho's hug. Minho frowned as Yuri continued to watch with a blank expression. Yoona walked up to Donghae and smiled.

"It doesn't matter, does it? I thought you weren't going to be here," Yoona said.

"Ah, ask Heechul for the full story. I would've accepted your invitation, but because of Heechul, who had never told me that he would be wedding Jessica, I had to decline. All he said was that I just had to disguise like him until when I get down from the stage since he said that he would be making a surprise cake or something. Aish, I should've known he was lying! Anyways, Mian," Donghae apologized.

Ah, so that was what happened, Yoona thought, nodding her head after hearing the short summary.

"My invitation is still available, you know," Yoona said shyly, looking down at the ground. Donghae looked down at noticed that one of her shoes was gone. He looked around and smiled, seeing the other shoe on the tree. He walked past Yoona, who looked a bit shocked. She whipped her head around and gasped.

"You left your shoes, Princess," Donghae teased, as he slipped on Yoona's other heel on Yoona's foot. She blushed lightly, as she watched him get up on his feet.

"I accept your invitation. Shall we go and dance?" Donghae asked, grinning from ear to ear. Yoona her nervous lips. When she was about to take Donghae's hand, Minho stepped in between them.

"Hey, shouldn't the girl dance with her boyfriend first?" Minho said, looking at Donghae.

"But she invited me to be her partner…"

"Yuri, can you wait until I finish dancing with Yoona?" Minho asked. Yuri widened her eyes in shock. She deeply wanted to refuse, but she wanted Minho to be happy. She forced a weak smile and nodded her head.

"S-Sure," Yuri agreed. Donghae sighed.

"Well, I guess if Yuri can hold it then maybe I can too," Donghae grumbled. Though, he never really meant those words. Minho grinned, as Yoona looked surprised.

But I really wanted to dance with Donghae oppa first, Yoona thought, as she was being dragged away. Yuri and Donghae were left alone. Finally, Yuri broke down into tears as she collapsed on her knees.

Why am I unable to say what I want whenever I'm around Minho oppa? I don't get it, Yuri cried, as Donghae went to comfort her. 

"I'll dance with you," Donghae offered. Yuri's eyes, which were glistening with tears, looked up at Donghae. She hesitated for a moment, and then sighed.

"Fine…but I won't enjoy it," Yuri grumbled.