Remembering More

Forgotten Promise

Yoona twisted her body, as cold sweat poured down her forehead.

"I remember…" she muttered, panting. "I remember…don't go!"

"Omo, omo…how long has she been talking in her sleep?" Yuri asked, covering with a hand. Jessica sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not sure. Where's Donghae?" Jessica grumbled. Yuri sent the boys to find Donghae…wherever he was. Suddenly, Yoona's parents barged into the room. Their faces were pale, as worry was written all over it. They turned their heads to see Yoona sleeping on bed, keeping a frightening frown.

"Yoona-ah!" Mrs. Im cried, running up to her daughter. "Is she okay?"

Jessica nodded her head. "Yes, she's fine. She might have amnesia, but it should be temporary."

"My daughter's have amnesia?" Mr. Im yelled angrily. 

"She might," Yuri corrected, gulping nervously.

"I remember!" Yoona cried, shifting her body. "I swear! Don't…go…yet!"

"Don't worry, sweetie, we're not leaving you anywhere," Mrs. Im said quietly, hugging her daughter warmly. If only she knew that Yoona wasn't calling for her parents, but for the man she loved.


"Yoona-ah!" called a little boy. Yoona turned around, and found little Yoona looking up at the little boy. "Yoona-ah, I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Where?" little Yoona asked, wiping her tears. The little boy smiled warmly and wiped a tear away from little Yoona's face. Yoona smiled softly at the cute kids. That little boy was Donghae, if Yoona remembered correctly.

"Someone far, far away," Donghae replied, his head hanging low. "Today is my last day with you. So…" Little Donghae pulled out two coupons and grinned. "I stole another coupon from Umma! Buy two slices of cake, and get two more slices for free!"

Little Yoona giggled as she sniffed. "Donghae oppa, you have to stop stealing."

"But today's my last day with you," Donghae pouted. Suddenly, the point of view changed. Yoona was replaced with little Yoona. Yoona turned around, trying to find little Yoona. She was nowhere to be found. Little Donghae held up his hand towards Yoona.

"Let's go, Yoona-ah!" little Donghae exclaimed. Yoona looked up and saw the present Donghae.

"Donghae…" Yoona whispered.

The scene changed. Little Donghae and little Yoona were back, but they were gazing at each other sadly. The sunset at the airport looked beautiful. Donghae looked sad, but Yoona stared innocently at Donghae.

The  boy stared at little Yoona with a sad expression. "You really can't come with me?"

Little Yoona smiled softly and shook her head. "I can't, Oppa. Maybe next time I'll go with you when I'm a big girl!"

"Promise me that you won't cry?"

"I promise!"

"Promise me that you won't get bullied by the big kids?"

"I promise!"

"Promise that you'll keep eating strawberry shortcakes even though you don't have any coupons?"

"Uh…I don't think that Umma will allow me to do that," Yoona said, giggling.

"Then promise me one more thing." The boy leaned closer to Yoona with a serious face. Yoona backed away, staring deeply into the boy's soft brown eyes. He raised a pinky and grabbed one of Yoona's hand. "Promise me…that when we meet again, I'll make you mine?"

Little Yoona paused, as the present Yoona held her breath. A tear streamed down her cheek, as the little children closed their eyes, locked their pinkies, and kissed. A kiss that would forever seal that promise, making sure that the two would always remember the promise they made to each other.


Yoona woke up, finding cold sweat on her forehead and tears trickling down her cheek. She was so glad that she was able to remember. Mrs. Im and Mr. Im ran up to Yoona, caressing her and mumbling how they were so thankful that their daughter was fine.

"Umma…Appa…Stop it," Yoona said quietly, pushing the two away.

"W-We're just so glad that you're okay!" Mrs. Im cried, wiping her tears. Jessica and Yuri ran up to Yoona, crying with her parents.

"You stupid girl! Why would you just stand in the middle of the street? Why?" Mr. Im yelled angrily. Yoona knew that her father didn't mean to say such harsh words, since he was crying. However, she knew that her father was angry at her for getting injured. Yoona weakly smiled.

"The doctor said that you might have amnesia," Jessica said quietly. "Do you…"

"Nope. In fact, I remember more," Yoona replied, her face glowing with happiness. "Umma, Appa…Can you to go out…?"

"Sure, sweetie," Mrs. Im said, pulling her husband away. "Just take your time."

When the parents left, Yoona's expression turned serious. "Where's Donghae? I have to talk to him."

The friends exchanged glances at each other. Minho scratched the back of his head, as Heechul bit his bottom lips.

"Er…while you were sleeping, we received a text message from Donghae," Minho said quietly. Heechul handed Yoona his phone after he opened the message Donghae had sent him. Yoona frowned, as she read the message twice. She couldn't believe what she was reading. She looked up at her four friends and stared at them with shock.

"Donghae's gone?" she yelled, frustratedly.