Yuri's Secret (2/2)

Forgotten Promise

A/N: Okay, before you read, I'd like to say that the color texts are the present time. You know how I said this will be the "flashback" chapter? Yeah, so this takes place in the past, but then the color texts are in the present time. Do you guys get it? I hope you do :)

~Flash Back~

"Yoona!" Yuri called. [Heechul: A long time ago, Yuri and Yoona were best friends. Like, best, best friends. They were so close to each other, some people asked if they were sisters or something.] Yoona turned around and smiled.

"Oh, Yuri-ah! What's up?" Yoona asked. Yuri panted when she arrived next to Yoona. Suddenly, she smiled.

"Are you ready?" Yuri asked seriously. Yoona smirked.

"Of course! Gosh, I'm nervous!" Yoona whispered. Yuri giggled.

"Okay, so…It's you going to Heechul and me going to Minho, right?" Yuri asked. [Donghae: No way, Yoona had a crush on you Heechul?] [Heechul: Yeah, but I didn't like her. Back then, I had a slight crush on Yuri. Now, I love another girl and I still do.] [D: Who, who?] [H: Not telling you! Let me continue!]

"Alright! Yuri-ah, hwaiting!" Yoona grinned, pumping her fist. Yuri smiled back and pumped her fist, too, as the two best friends separated their way to find their crush. 

Yoona was the first to find her crush. Her heart pounded in excitement and nervousness as she spotted Heechul in the library, reading a book. She nervously bit her lips, watching Heechul flip the pages. He wiped his sweaty palm on his pants as Yoona walked up to him. She managed a smile as Heechul slowly looked up.

"A-A-Anneyong," Yoona said shyly. Heechul smiled. His eyes seemed to shimmer underneath the dim, library light. 

"Oh, hello…um…" Heechul raised an eyebrow, wondering who Yoona was. Yoona her dry lips. It's okay, Yoona. He doesn't know your name because you never talked to him or anything. That's an acception, Yoona slowly thought to herself.

"Yoona. My name is Im Yoona," Yoona said, smiling kindly at Heechul. He smiled back.

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Yoona-ssi. What can I do for you?" Heechul asked, closing his book. Yoona glanced at the book Heechul was reading. A confessing guide book? Yoona thought, confused, Why would he need that?

"Er, what were you reading?" Yoona asked. Heechul looked down at his book and blushed, hiding it.

"Ah, um, nothing–"

"No, really, what were you reading? I won't laugh," Yoona said seriously, slightly frowning. Heechul looked back down at his book and heaved a sigh.

"Exactly what the title says–How to confess your love to someone. I want to confess my love to a girl I'm crushing on," Heechul said quietly. Yoona's heart shattered as her face fell.

"O-Oh."

"Was there something you wanted?" Heechul asked, his eyes still shining. Yoona slowly shook her head, holding back her tears. This isn't going as I planned, Yoona thought, biting her lower lips.

"M-May I ask who you like?" Yoona stuttered. Heechul blushed embarrassingly and looked down at his book.

"…I like Yuri."

Yoona widened her eyes. Of all the girls in this school and out of this school, he had to pick my best friend. My best friend who's probably still looking for Minho. [Heechul: Yoona found this has a threat. She believed that Yuri could snatch away her crush if she was rejected by Minho. She wanted to do something about it.]

"Are you okay, Yoona-ssi?" Heechul asked, worried. He waved his hand in front of Yoona's face. Yoona shook her head and snapped out of her thoughts, forcing a smile.

"Um, yeah. Listen, I have to go, so I'll see you?" Yoona asked. Heechul smiled.

"Arraso, see you!" Heechul waved. Yoona turned around, narrowing her eyes. She walked away, her eyes searching for one person: Choi Minho.

☆~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~☆

Where did Yoona go? 

Yuri searched all over the school, trying to find her friend. She was rejected by Minho, sadly, but she still kept a smile. She wanted to tell Yoona what had happened when she was confessing Minho. Scrunching her eyebrows, she crossed her arms. Just where on earth is she?

"Yoona!" Yuri called.

"I think I heard someone call you." Yuri froze. Could that be… There was only one person Yuri knew that had the exact same voice. She quickly turned around, seeing her best friend and her biggest crush, Minho. What's happening?

"Oh really? I don't think so. It was probably your imagination," Yoona replied, smiling brightly. Yuri's face fell. But Minho heard me…You should've heard me Yoongie! Yuri thought, pouting.

"Oh, I see. So what did you want?" Minho asked. Yoona pretended to act shy and slowly gulped.

"I…I…I really love you, Minho-ssi! Please allow me to be yours!" Yoona lied, acting like she really loved Minho. Minho widened his eyes in shock, while Yuri quietly gasped. [Heechul: Yoona was a very good actor back then, so Minho totally fell for it.] [Donghae: Uh, I kind of know that since Yoona wanted to be an actress and singer when she was young.] [Heechul: No way, she sang?] [Donghae: Yeah. Anyways, continue.] Suddenly, Minho grinned.

"I thought you'd never ask," Minho whispered, leaning in for a kiss.

~Flash Back Ended~


"YES! I WON!" Donghae cheered excitedly. Heechul rolled his eyes.

"That technically wasn't fair since I was talking," Heechul grumbled. Donghae kept up a victorious grin.

"So what happened to Yuri after that? Did she ask you?" Donghae asked. Heechul laughed.

"Of course not. Yoona knew that Yuri would be too shock and dense to know that I loved her. So she took advantage of that and asked Minho. Yuri and I just became good friends, but later I became her henchman or something," Heechul mumbled.

"Did you say something?" Donghae asked.

"Uh, no. Anyways, so that's what happened. Yuri still has a crush on Minho, but she's just too proud to admit it," Heechul said truthfully.

"Ah HAH!" someone shouted from behind. Donghae and Heechul stiffened and slowly turned around. Yuri glared at the two, scared boys. "You guys…"

"We crossed our fingers, so we could move anytime we want to!" Heechul explained, sticking his tongue out. Yuri laughed bitterly.

"Oh yeah? Well, let's see if you can move after I break your bones," Yuri hissed, gritting her teeth. She made a fist and smashed it against her palm. Heechul gulped and nervously tugged on Donghae's shirt.

"The best thing to do when Yuri is this mad is run away, hide in your house, and make sure no one opens it if it's a girl," Heechul whispered, as he span around and ran off. Donghae widened his eyes.

"W-Wait!" Donghae called, following Heechul.

"COME BACK HERE!" Yuri shouted, raising a fist.