Will You Accept Me?

Forgotten Promise

The next day, Donghae still didn't come to school. Yoona sighed, constantly staring behind her desk. That was the desk where Donghae was supposed to be in right now. 

If only he wasn't sick, Yoona thought, sighing once more.

"If you're so depressed, why don't you just ditch school and visit Donghae?" Minho asked. Yoona jumped, surprised, as she turned to Minho. 

"If I did that, the teacher would think that I'm a bad girl," Yoona pointed out. "I don't want to be known as the bad girl who ditches school just to visit the guy she loves. By the way, how is it with you and Yuri?"

Minho's lips tugged upwards. "That's…none of your business."

Yoona dropped wide open. "What? Oh, come on! You can tell me!"

"Nope, I'm not saying a word," Minho replied.

"Why not? Yuri unnie is my friend now! Just tell me!!!"

"Tell me one good reason why I should tell you," Minho said, resting his head against his fist.

"Only one? Hm…Well, you're knowing what's going on in my love life, so I should know what's going on with your love life," Yoona pointed out. Minho frowned.

"I wish you never said that," Minho grumbled. Yoona smirked proudly until the corner of her eyes caught Yuri.

"Fine. You don't need to tell me. Show me," Yoona ordered. Minho scrunched his eyebrows, confused at Yoona's words. Yuri smiled at Yoona and Minho and walked up to them.

"Hey guys! What's up?" Yuri asked, taking a random seat in front of Yoona. Minho, who was startled, stared at Yuri with wide eyes.

"Y-You…Wait, why are you here? You don't even have this class," Minho said. Yuri shrugged and gestured her shoulder towards the clock.

"I don't have class until, like, five minutes. So why waste time when I can hang around with you guys?"

"B-B-But–"

"That's a great idea! You know, I wish I could leave you two alone, but Minho wants to show me how your relationship is going with you, Yuri unnie," Yoona interrupted, smiling slyly at Minho. Yuri blushed, as Minho cringed.

"We…don't have anything going on between us," Yuri said softly. Yoona raised an eyebrow and stared at Minho, whose cheeks were turning as red as the sun.

"Really?" Yoona asked, turning to Yuri. "You serious? 'Cause I see you two talking to each other, like, forever, and you guys aren't together yet?"

"We're just friends, right Minho?" Yuri questioned, quickly turning to Minho. Right when Minho was going to answer Yuri, he caught Yoona giving him the "You-better-say-no-and-confess" look. Minho wanted to run out of the classroom and splash a handful of cold water on his face. However, with Yoona's scary look and the situation he was in, it was too late to run.

"Ah…I-I-I…"

"Take your seat, everybody!" the teacher yelled. Students who were supposed to be in other classes scurried out, as those who had this class right now ran to their original seats. Yuri got up and sighed. 

"See you guys later," Yuri whispered, waving her hand. She took off before Yoona or Minho could say a word. Right after Yuri left, Yoona glared at Minho.

"What?!" she shrieked quietly. "You still didn't confess?"

"I-I…I don't know what's exactly stopping me. I-I mean, I like her, but something's preventing me from confessing. I don't know, but whenever I try confessing, my mind goes blank. Just the thought of confessing to her gives me a headache," Minho whispered, putting his hand on his forehead shamefully. Yoona grabbed Minho's hand and pulled it away as she flicked her fingers against his forehead with her free hand.

"Ow!" Minho yelped, rubbing the spot where Yoona had flicked. "What was that for?"

"For being a stupid coward. Come on, you can't possibly want the girl to confess first," Yoona said sharply. Minho kept quiet, as Yoona dropped . "Minho, no. You can't wait for Yuri unnie to confess."

"B-But…it's just so hard! It's this–" Minho pointed his index finger right on his chest, where the heart was. "–This is acting really weird! It's acting even stranger than when I was in love with you!"

Yoona sighed, but couldn't give Minho a cheesy smile. "That's because your love for Yuri is true love."


"True love," Minho grumbled, kicking a stone. He put his hands in his pocket as he walked up the hill. "Why's it so hard? I wish it was as easy as it was when I loved Yoona. Loving Yuri is so…hard."

"Yuri? You finally admit that you like Yuri?" Minho jumped and looked up at the tree above him to see Heechul. Heechul was sitting on a thick sturdy branch with Jessica, who was hugging Heechul's arm.

"W-Wha…Why are you guys here?" Minho stuttered, staring at the couple in shock. Heechul smirked as Jessica giggled.

"We were talking and all. It's a really good view from here," Heechul replied.

Suddenly, blood drained from Minho's face. "No way, you guys were…making out?"

"No!" Jessica yelled, her face burning with embarrassment. "We were talking about our future!"

Minho sighed in relief, as he put a hand over his chest. Then, he looked up at the couple and frowned. "Wait, since when were you guys together?"

"Since, uh, forever?" Jessica replied, with a "duh" tone. 

"After I gave her the flowers and all, she forgave me and decided to wait for the marriage," Heechul explained. "But who cares about us? Let's talk about you and Yuri, even though the topic about Yoona and Donghae is more interesting."

"Oppa, mind your manners," Jessica frowned. Minho sighed and shrugged his shoulders. 

"It's…I like Yuri, but I don't know if she likes me back," Minho said sadly.

"Why would she like you back?" Heechul asked, laughing. "She loves you, bro."

"I'm being serious here, Heechul!" Minho yelled, huffing a cheek full of air. "I want to confess to her, but I can't because I get scared!"

"Scared? Why would you be scared when you know that Yuri loves you?" Jessica asked. 

"I don't know!" Minho exclaimed. "Yoona just said something about 'true love' and I have no idea what's the difference between my love for Yoona in the past and my love for Yuri now!"

Silence filled the atmosphere. Minho's cheeks were red as a tomato, and a thick layer of sweat coated his body. All this talk about love had made him feel a bit dizzy, even more confused. Jessica examined her nail and looked straight ahead.

"Your love for Yoona wasn't destined for. You have to realize that Yoona and Yuri are too different people, and that you have to treat these people differently. Sure, they might look alike and were friends in the past, but you have to realize that your love for Yuri is real. It's destiny. Stop denying your feelings, Minho, or else you'll never get the courage to confess to Yuri," Jessica lectured, leaning her head against Heechul's shoulder. There was a moment of silence, as Minho carefully thought about what Jessica had said. He glanced at Heechul, wanting to know if he had anything to say.

"What she said," Heechul responded, pointing at Jessica. Minho scowled.

So much help from a guy, Minho thought. Heechul examined Minho for a moment, and then opened his mouth to speak.

"I heard that Yuri had to help the teacher after school. She should be heading home now. Maybe you can catch her before she leaves and confess," Heechul suggested. Minho looked up at Heechul with a blank expression. Suddenly a smile crept on his lips. Minho turned around and saluted the couple.

"Thanks guys," Minho thanked. "I owe you one."

With that, Minho took off, running as fast as he could to catch up to Yuri. Jessica sighed and laced her fingers with Heechul's hand.

"True love. It's sweet, isn't it?" Jessica asked, looking up at Heechul. Heechul smiled and pecked Jessica's cheek.

"Now what else is on your 'to-do' list?" Heechul questioned. Jessica smirked as she leaned her head against Heechul's shoulder once more.

"Simple: To get Yoona and Donghae together. Fast."


There Yuri was, waiting for the bus. There was the bus, probably only a few feet away from the bus stop. Yuri sighed and wiped the small beads of sweat that stained her forehead. Carrying heavy boxes was a heavy and tiring job, but the teachers needed help, so she offered to help them. Her arms were sore, wishing that someone would massage her shoulders.

"Yuri!" a small voice echoed. Yuri turned to the direction she heard the voice. She swore she heard Minho's voice, but wasn't quite sure. "Yuri! Wait!"

The bus arrived. The bus driver opened the door and smiled at Yuri.

"Hello Yuri-ssi," the bus driver greeted. "How are you today?"

"Tired, but fine," Yuri replied, giving the driver a weak smile. 

"YURI! WILL YOU PLEASE WAIT?!" someone screamed. Yuri's head whipped to the direction of the voice and suddenly spotted Minho running towards her. She gasped, and then turned to the bus driver.

"Can you wait a second?" Yuri pleaded quietly. The bus driver scowled.

"Yuri, I can't wait very long. I have a busy schedule–"

"It won't take long. Promise. Wait for me for 3 more minutes, neh?" 

The bus driver widened his eyes. "3 minutes? I can only wait for one minute."

"Fine. Just a minute. Hold up," Yuri agreed. She ran towards Minho, who was catching his breath. "Minho, what are you doing here? I have to go right now–"

"Please…listen…to me…before…you…go in," Minho panted, trying to catch a breath. He looked up at Yuri and stared into her eyes seriously. Yuri stiffened when Minho place his firm hands on her shoulder. "You don't need to answer me right now, but I just…I really like you, okay? No, I really love you. I loved you ever since you confessed to me, but I thought I loved Yoona first. Now, I can see clearly that I love you and–"

"Yuri, I'm going to go! Are you coming or not?" the bus driver yelled. Yuri's eyes widened as she gently pushed Minho away.

"Sorry Minho! I have to go right now! Call me or–" Yuri gasped when Minho grabbed her wrist.

"Please! Listen!" Minho begged. Desperate was written all over his eyes. Yuri gulped and bit her bottom lips. She sighed, as the driver suddenly began to close the door.

"Minho, I can't. I have to go," Yuri apologized, shaking her head. She ran towards the bus, as the bus driver quickly opened the door again. Minho followed, blocking the entrance. 

"Will you please just stop and listen?" Minho asked irritatedly.

"Look Romeo, I have fifteen passengers who're waiting to go home. She either gets on or off," the bus driver said strictly.

Yuri sighed and looked up at the bus driver with apologetic eyes. "I'm getting–"

"Off," Minho interrupted. Yuri's eyes widened, shocked at how Minho interrupted her speech. "She's taking a ride with me. You just keep driving and take that bus with you."

"W-Wait, I–"

"Okay, suit yourself," the bus driver replied. He closed the door, and started to engine. Yuri's mouth dropped wide open, staring at the bus and at Minho.

"Minho, I have no time for this joke! Move–"

"I really love you! Will you accept me?" Minho confessed. Now Yuri's eyes were widened, stunned from the sudden confession she had just received. Silence filled the air, as Yuri carefully thought about what Minho had just said. The bus slowly drove away, making it hard for the two to concentrate on what just happened.

"Give me one good reason why I should love you back," Yuri whispered. Minho stiffened. One good reason? There were plenty of reasons, but what reason should he chose? 

"Uh…because I love you?" Minho said, unsure if that was the answer Yuri wanted. Thinking that Yuri would yell at him and scold him for not giving her the right answer, he cringed, ready to be yelled out. However, Yuri just smiled warmly at him.

"I'll…think about it," Yuri replied teasingly. Minho's face fell, as Yuri looked at the bus, which was pretty far away by now. "You owe me a ride, pal. You know how long the trip to my house is?"

Minho just grinned, as he walked up to his motorcycle, which seemed to appear out of nowhere.

"No problem. We'll just take a ride on my motorcycle," Minho replied. He tossed a helmet to Yuri, as she stumbled to catch it. She carefully put the helmet over head correctly as Minho hopped onto the motorcycle. Yuri followed his lead, unsure if she should wrap her hands around his waist or not. Minho, sensing that Yuri was hesitant, smirked.

"If you don't want to fall, you better grab on tightly," Minho said. Yuri looked up at Minho, and just smiled. Her arms slowly s around Minho's waist, hugging him for her dear life. Minho couldn't help but smile as he started the engine. 

"I love you, too," Yuri whispered. Minho was shocked to hear such strong words coming out of . However, keeping up with his cheesy and idiotic grin, he pretended that he didn't hear what she had said. However, the two knew in their hearts that they were able to call each other "boyfriend" and "girlfriend", and that nothing would separate them no matter what.