Give Me Your Lunch

Forgotten Promise

Yuri was quietly studying for a test and eating her lunch until Minho slid next to her. At first, Yuri ignored Minho. She continued to read her textbook and homework, as Minho just stared at her. She quietly nibbled on her sandwich, as Minho just stared at her. She glanced at Minho awkwardly, and Minho continued to just stare. Annoyed, Yuri dropped her pencil on her book and narrowed her eyes.

"What do you want, Minho?" Yuri snapped. Minho smiled as if he was satisfied. He pretended to stretch his arm and take a deep breath.

"Nice day, isn't it?" he asked. 

Yuri stared at Minho. "Minho, we're in the library. There's no window in this corner of the library."

"So? You know that it's a nice day, right?" Minho pointed out.

"Minho, really, if you're just going to waste my time, get out of here. I need to study. Go to your stupid girlfriend," Yuri hissed harshly. Minho looked upset as he stared down at his fingers.

"Yoona and I broke up," Minho whispered. His voice was faint, but clear enough for Yuri to understand him. Yuri's eyes slowly widened as she turned her head to face Minho.

"You're kidding me…right?"


"Minho oppa, do you want to break up?" Yoona asked. Her lips trembled in fear, afraid that her boyfriend would ask her why and cry. To her surprise, Minho seemed to know why she wanted to break up with him. Minho stared at Yoona, dumbfounded. Then, he scoffed and laughed.

"You're kidding me," Minho mumbled. He glanced at Yoona. "Don't tell me you fell for that stupid childhood friend."

Yoona felt her cheeks heating up in embarrassment and in anger. She cleared and stared directly into Minho eyes. 

"So what if I did fall for him? Is it a bad thing? A curse?"

Minho blinked. "Yoona…"

"I can't control my feelings, Minho oppa! I've thought it over and over again, and I have to admit that I love him!" Yoona said truthfully. Minho eyes were now gloomy and lost.

"So…I was nothing to you?" Minho asked faintly.

"You were everything to me," Yoona assured. "But the thing is, when it comes to choosing between you and Donghae oppa, it's Donghae oppa."

Minho stared at Yoona. She has to be kidding. I can't believe she actually fell in love with Donghae. Am I not enough to fulfill her desire? Donghae doesn't even support Yoona!

"There's always Yuri, though," Yoona added. Minho stiffened when she spoke Yuri's name. "She's always waiting for you. I can feel it."

Minho looked down at his cake. Then, he let out a small and weak chuckle. He looked up without looking at Yoona.

"A long time ago, before we were together, you were the apple of my eyes. Yuri was just another girl who I thought was annoying. When we got together, though, I felt like it was a dream," Minho looked up at Yoona. "I guess it was a dream after all."

"Look, I'm really sorry…"

"You know what? Forget it. This relationship is stupid," Minho said bitterly.

"It was not stupid!" Yoona protested.

"Now it is."

Yoona pressed her lips together. "Still…!"

"Get out," Minho demanded.

"But I need an answer–"

"Just get out of this house! I never want to see your face again!" Minho screamed. Yoona wanted to cry now. Even though she was the one who wanted to break up with Minho, it hurt so much because she knew how bad Minho felt. Yoona kept quiet and turned around.

"I'm sorry," Yoona whispered. With those words sealing the conversation, she ran out the door. Minho heaved a sigh and stared down at the cake he was eating. He poked it repeatedly with a fork and heaved a tiresome sigh.

"I hope I'm still dreaming," he mumbled, pinching his cheek. "Or else this might be the worse day of my life."

Or maybe not.


"Minho…Minho?" Yuri said softly, waving her hand in front of Minho's face. Minho glanced at Yuri and stiffened. Her appearance looked exactly like Yoona. He shifted uncomfortably and pointed at Yuri's lunch.

"Give me your lunch," Minho demanded.

"But–"

"C'mon, you have 5 sandwiches. You can't possibly eat all that, could you?" Minho whined. Yuri pressed her lips into a thin line. Then, she bit her bottom lips.

"They were for Donghae oppa, though…" she said softly. Minho froze even more. He couldn't believe that Yuri, too, was falling for Donghae.

Is he trying to steal all the girls away from me? Minho wondered. He heaved a sigh and got up. He slightly kicked the chair and put his hands into his pockets.

"Wait!" Yuri said aloud. Minho turned around and found Yuri shyly holding up a sandwich in her hands. "Y-You can have some if you want…"

Minho stared at Yuri, then back at her sandwich. A small grin appeared on his face as he took the food with glee.

"Thanks," Minho said, as he waved. He walked away, smiling and biting into the sandwich. Why am I so happy when I just got a sandwich? Hey, this sandwich is really good! Maybe I'll ask Yuri to make some more for me…

 

A/N: Yay, I got to update! ^_^ I'm on the computer secretly, so that's why I'm able to update even though it's the weekdays. >:) Hey, at least I'm finished with homework! :D