Reunited

Forgotten Promise

It was finally lunch time, and Donghae was outside, sitting on a bench, eating lunch all alone. He didn't care that he was alone. In fact, all he wanted to do was to find his lover. So far, he was unsuccessful. He sighed deeply, as he bit into his turkey sandwich. He wiped the mustard that stained out the corner of his lips with his hand. 

Suddenly, he heard someone walking up to him. He looked up, munching on his food. It was no other that the pretty boy he had met earlier. What was his name again? Donghae wondered.

"Hey Donghae!" the boy greeted. Gosh, he remembers my name and I have no clue of who he is. What a great guy I am! Donghae thought sarcastically.

"Um, yeah, hi," Donghae greeted back. 

"I didn't see you at my table, so I thought you forgot to come to my table right now and yeah… My friends are waiting to meet you. You better hurry up and come with me before Yuri blows her head off again," the boy said softly. Donghae had forgotten about what had happened this morning and what the boy had offered him. Donghae slapped his face with his hand, ashamed.

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot!" Donghae groaned, apologizing quickly. The boy smiled.

"No problem! Come on, let's go. Everyone is waiting!" the boy exclaimed, extending his hand. Donghae just nodded as he grabbed the boy's hand and got up, running back into the cafeteria.


"So…" Yoona started, "How is everyone?" Minho smiled and wrapped his arm around Yoona.

"Perfectly fine. I'm actually a lot better since you're here," Minho grinned. Yoona blushed and smiled. Even though the two were a couple, she still blushed around Minho whenever he , flirted with her, or even talked to her. Jessica giggled.

"Well, the lover birds certainly enjoy each others' company," Jessica teased. Yoona blushed, as Minho snorted.

"Please, I'm just sorry that you don't have a boyfriend. Maybe that's why you want Yoona so much," Minho smirked. Jessica turned red in embarrassment.

"N-No! Why would I need a boyfriend? I have Yoongie here, duh! Oh wait, you stole her from me," Jessica said, pouting cutely. Minho rolled his eyes.

"That doesn't work at all, Sica. Plus, I never stole Yoona here. I simply asked her out and–"

"She said yes and you two started to get to know each other and blah, blah, blah," Jessica said, waving her hands and rolling her eyes. She faked a yawn, while covering with her hand. "Oh, you say the same thing every singly time. It's simply annoying." 

Jessica smirked as Minho glared at Jessica. Jessica used her cold, ice-princess glare. Minho shivered. Jessica smiled proudly. Jessica's glare always made others feel weaker and useless. She slowly turned to Yoona, who was giggling the entire time.

"Now, Yoona," Jessica started, "I heard rumors that you're interested in the new student here." Yoona stopped laughing and kept a serious, stone-like face. Minho bit his lips, feeling a bit jealous. Yoona whipped her head towards Jessica.

"What. Did. You. Say?" Yoona asked carefully. 

"People are saying that you have an interest in the new student, Donghae," Jessica shrugged. Yoona made a fist under the table. She was clearly angry about the new rumor. 

"How could they accuse me of such a thing?! I love Minho oppa, and only Minho oppa!" Yoona protested, referring to the students. Her best friend shrugged, as Minho tugged on Yoona's shirt.

"Yoong, it's fine. The rumors will go away soon," Minho assured, "Don't worry, I'm not angry at all!" How dare they make such a rumor after they heard that Yoona and I are dating?! Minho thought furiously. Yet, on the outside, he kept calm and relaxed. He smiled, as Yoona sighed. She slumped back on her seat, tapping on the table with her fingers annoyingly.

"Seriously! They need to remember that Minho and I are a couple!" Yoona grumbled. 


"So he's Lee Donghae, Heechul?" Yuri asked, pointing at Donghae. Heechul! That was his name! Donghae remembered, grinning.

"Yeah, he's the guy I crashed into with my bike this time," Heechul said quietly. Donghae glanced at the other table members, who were smiling warmly at Donghae.

"Mind if you introduce him to us?" a girl with bright eyes asked. Heechul jumped.

"Oh, yeah! Um… Donghae, this is, Seohyun, Sulli, Eunhyuk, and Yuri. Guys, this is Donghae," Heechul introduced. The four other friends greeted him kindly, as Donghae greeted them back.

"Um… I might forget your names occasionally. I have a lot on my mind so yeah," Donghae said sheepishly. Seohyun giggled.

"Don't worry. Eunhyuk here isn't the brightest guy either," Seohyun said, motioning her shoulder to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk scrunched his nose.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"Nothing. To make it in simple terms, she's calling you dumb," Sulli clarified. Eunhyuk gasped, as he lectured Seohyun how great and smart he was. Seohyun clearly wasn't listening, since she was talking to Sulli. Donghae couldn't help but laugh. Heechul smiled.

"Is he a go or no go?" Heechul asked Yuri. Yuri studied Donghae for a bit.

"What do you mean go and no go?" Donghae asked, confused. Yuri sighed.

"Obviously not–" Yuri stopped as three students marched up to Yuri. Yuri groaned, "Oh no."

"Oh yes," a girl hissed. She slammed her hand on the table, making everyone jump. "Kwon Yuri, you are not getting away with this!"

"What on earth are you talking about, Yoona?" Yuri asked, clearly annoyed. Yoona gritted her teeth, as her best friend stepped in.

"Stop making rumors about Yoona hitting on some other guy, Yul. We all know that you're jealous of Yoona since he was Mr. Perfect Minho," Jessica sneered. Yuri glared at Jessica.

"You have no rights to say such a thing! You can't blame me! Besides, Yoona, you're the one who gave out the expression. Either way, it was bond for others to create this new rumor about you!" Yuri snapped.

"Look, ladies, if we can just calm down–" Heechul stopped, as Jessica shot Heechul a deadly glare. Heechul immediately kept quiet, knowing that he would get into a further mess if he stepped in. Jessica smirked, as Heechul's expression saddened.

"For once, I'll have to agree with Heechul on this. I mean, we can always clear the rumors up," Minho pointed out. Yoona crossed her arms.

"So you're okay about the rumors flying around?" Yoona asked Minho, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, no, but–"

"Exactly my point. You're not okay, and I don't want you to feel uneasy about this subject," Yoona smiled, pecking Minho's cheeks. Yuri rolled her eyes.

"Yuck," she mumbled. Yoona glared at Yuri.

"Anyway, stop making up these rumors around! It's always you making up some stupid rumors," Yoona snarled.

"I'm sorry! I just thought that you had a relationship between Donghae since you're expression looked like you did!" Yuri said sarcastically. Yoona didn't take the joke.

"We have no relationship!" Yoona shouted. By now, everyone in the cafeteria was staring at the argument. 

"Um… Are you perhaps Im Yoona?" Donghae quietly spoke. Yoona whipped her head towards Donghae.

"Huh? Who are you?" Yoona asked, glaring at Donghae.

"Are you perhaps Im Yoona?" Donghae asked again. Yoona raised an eyebrow.

"He's Lee Donghae, the new student," Jessica whispered. Yoona nodded. So obviously, he didn't hear about me. He should've, but he's probably never met me. Yoona flashed Donghae a bright, welcoming smile.

"Yes, I am Im Yoona, the queenka of this school. Nice to meet you!" Yoona introduced herself, extending her hand out. Donghae blankly starred at Yoona.

"Repeat it… Please," Donghae said gently. Yoona was feeling a bit annoyed now. Once is enough! she wanted to say. She cleared and smiled even brighter.

"I'm the queenka, Im Yoona–" 

"Yoona-ah!" Donghae exclaimed, grabbing Yoona and pulling her into a big hug. Everyone in the room gasped, including Yoona. She was entirely shocked at the new boy's behavior. Her heart started racing, as her cheeks flushed. Minho secretly clenched a fist, clearly angry and jealous. He was confused on what was going on, but all he knew was one thing: Donghae somehow knew Yoona.

Donghae began to break into a bright smile, as tears started to swell up in his eyes. Though, he kept his tears back and kept a bright, happy smile. He couldn't believe it that he had finally found Yoona.

Yoona, the girl who loved cakes.

Yoona, the girl who was his childhood friend.

Yoona, the girl that Donghae had searched for many years.