First Impressions

One Year

(Alyssa’s POV)

Goodness…Abby looks like she REALLY doesn’t want to be here. She has either been sleeping or listening to her old-school Sony Walkman MP3 the entire flight. I didn’t realize that she would be mad the whole time if I made her do this.

I looked out the window more and saw that there was land beneath us and my body began to shake with nerves and happiness.

“Abby!” I yell ripping her head phones out of her ear. “We’re here!”

I see her face light up, happy to see Korea.

Good. At least I know that if she doesn’t want to be a part of SM then just being in Korea will make her happy.

"Welcome to South Korea! The approximate time is 8:00 pm. The temperature is a mild 23 degrees Celsius and there is a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. There is a 10mph wind gust and 40% humidity.

“Please raise all seats to their proper levels and put the trays away; a trashcan will be coming by in a minute.

“Please use caution when removing your belongings from the overhead bins. Thank you for choosing Korean Air and have a safe trip." said the overly-perky flight attendant.

"God, could she be anymore happy." I said rolling my eyes

"Like you should talk, you're the most hyper-active person I know Lyssa!" Abby said

"No I meant, like fake happy!" I retorted.

"Sure you did!" Abby said with sarcasm dripping from her voice.

“Hey Abby, how hot is 23 degrees Celsius?”

Abby gave me an impossible look. “Really Lyss?”

“Yes!”

She sighed. “It is a little more than 73 degrees Fahrenheit. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to brace myself for the landing…you know how sick I get with intense motion.”

I laughed at her and she glared at me. This would be fun spending a whole year with her….either that or we will get sick of each other really quick and will just want the year to end…hmmm.

It was my first time on a plane, and all I can say about the landing was that I couldn’t feel my head for a few minutes. Because of the altitude change, my ears became clogged and I couldn’t feel above my neck as we drifted to the ground. And they always say that the landing is nice and smooth, but if that was smooth, then the people that said that must have some serious thrill issues. It was so bumpy! Either that or the pilot was drunk…

I turned over to look at Abby once we had come to a complete standstill. She was clenching the seat and had her hands clutching the arm rests. Her face was sheet white, as if she wasn’t already pale enough, and she looked as if she was about to puke.

“Abby…we have landed now.”

“I know. I-I-I’m just about to puke.”

The next thing I see is her gagging and hearing myself scream turning my head away.



After Abby got herself cleaned up and that stupid perky flight attendant was done glaring at us, we finally got off the plane in one piece, which was kind of hard to do because there were so many people crowding every little square inch of the place…it kind of reminded me of the main hallway of our middle school after lunch...

We finally reach customs, the part I have been dreading the most about this plane ride. I have heard some horrid things about customs and I wasn’t looking forward to confronting it. I went with the flow and placed my suitcase, my carry on, and my viola on the belt. They told me to remove my shoes and jacket and pretty much all outer layers of clothing (-_-) and then finally I was done with all this torture for a whole year.

Then it was Abby’s turn. She put her cello and luggage on the on the belt to have it scanned. She removed her jacket and shoes unwillingly, because she was wearing a tank-top and was freezing.

They examined the cello when they noticed the end pin at sticking out the end of the case.

"Ma'am is this a weapon?" asked one buff security man.

"What? No, it's a cello!" Abby said defensively.

"I'm going to need you to open the case just to be sure." said the chubbier man.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I mumbled under my breath.

Abby reluctantly opened her and they saw the instrument. The two men poked around the cello, uncovering nothing.

"Okay you're clear. NEXT!" said the chubby security man.

"God, maybe instead of checking cello cases for weapons they should look for real threats." I said annoyed.

"Yeah I know, they probably just do it to make a bigger line..." Abby said.

We went to these big booths and had to talk to someone who would be checking our passports now. They asked us why were in Korea. We said that we were here for a music job. They got interested and asked what type, then Abby busted out saying that we were going to be a part of SM…great going Abby. We already have fans now and they haven’t even heard our debut.
 

9:30 PM


"Um Alyssa... Where is our dorm?" Abby asked.

"Oh I have the address printed out right here! Just get a taxi for me." I exclaimed.

As a taxi stopped for us the man got out and put our luggage in the trunk.

We both stepped in the back seat of the taxi getting comfortable.

"Um..you two..w-where go?" the taxi man said in Engrish.

"Ahjussi! We know Korean, no need to strain yourself..." Abby said as politely as she could.

"To the SM Entertainment building please." I said irritated. I mean just because we're foreign doesn't mean we don't know the language. We're not THAT stupid to go to a new country and not know the language.

For the rest of the ride we just sat in comfortable silence, taking in the beautiful site of downtown Seoul at night.

"Yah! YAH! We're here!" the taxi driver said irritated.

"Oh mianhae..." I said. Abby paid the driver and we left quickly, not wanting to bother him any longer.

"Are you ready?" Abby asked me.

"Oh hells yeah!" I exclaimed.

I started running to the building not able to contain myself anymore. "Alyssa wait for me!" Abby yelled trying to catch up.

We rode up the elevator to our floor. "What room are we in Alyssa?"

"Um, number 15… Oh there it is!"

I can't believe it… We're finally here.

I mean I know we've been in the country for like 2 hours but I'm a little slow so the realization finally hit me…

We walked in and started examining the dorm. It was huge, I've seen nice apartments before but this was ridiculous. SM goes all out, that’s for sure.

"I CALL THIS ROOM!!" Abby yelled.

"What no! That’s not fair!!" I pouted.

"Too bad loser! Go make dinner I'm hungry!" Abby commanded.

"Fine..." I mumble.

I looked through the kitchen trying to figure out what to make. I picked out some ramen noodles (that I packed in my suitcase muahahaha!) and pulled out a pan to start cooking.

One problem though. I didn't notice this huge random pipe in the middle of the kitchen sticking out of the floor.

"OOF!" a loud crunch could be heard as I hit the ground. I looked up and saw that I had broken the pipe in half, water was spilling everywhere.

Abby came running to the kitchen with her eyes wide open. "ALYSSA WHAT DID YOU DO?" she screamed at me.

Crap, of course I would break something the first day we get there... "SAVE THE INSTRUMENTS!!!" I screamed running and grabbing my viola case and suitcase.

I sat outside panting when Abby walked out with her cello and suitcase shooting me death glares. "What?" I asked innocently.

"Don't give me that crap! Now what are we going to do?"

"I don't know about you but it’s late and I'm tired so how about we just get some sleep and deal with it in the morning." I reasoned.

Haha! I could tell I won, because she laid down with her back facing me and fell asleep.

Some day, huh? Abby pukes on the plane and then has to have her case searched while going through customs and now this? I can tell you one thing, if this was the way the rest of the year was going to be…I don’t know if I’m looking forward to this anymore.

I sighed. "Goodnight Korea!" I whispered before drifting into sleep.

 

1:20AM

"Abby...why'd you kick me?" I groaned.

"I didn't! Get off of me Lyssa-kay!"

"I'm not on you!"

Wait a minute...? I opened my eyes only to see a strange man lying on Abby.

OH MY GOD A MAN!

"RAAAAAAAAPE!" I screamed in my high pitched voice.

"Bwoh?" the man exclaimed surprised.

"GET OFF OF HER!" I pushed him off of Abby then started to hit him repeatedly. "STUPID.MALE.ERTS.DON'T.YOU.EVER.LEARN?!" I yelled.

"WOAH Alyssa!

Calm down!" Abby shrieked trying to push me off of him.

"Yah Teukie hyung, are you okay!" said another random man. I stopped attacking him to look at the other people.

There were about five other men and they looked awfully familiar… Wait… Teukie hyung? Teukie... LEETEUK!!!

"Oh my god…" after I realized who it was I slid off of him blushing. "Abby... it’s Super Junior!" I whispered frantically.

"I KNOW! I figured that out. That’s why I was trying to get you off of him!" She half whispered half yelled.

"U-um you don't hurt face okay?" Heechul said in broken English while circling his face.

"Geez, that’s the second time someone's spoken Engrish to us!" I said annoyed.

"Alyssa, don't be rude!"

"Hey you're the one that said if we ever meet them to treat them like normal people...so I shouldn't let him get away with it." I reasoned. "Yah! We speak Korean babo, don't hurt yourself."

They just stood there with their mouths wide open. Hey I can't blame them, they've got a foreign chick insulting Kim Heechul in Korean.

"Ooh, a feisty one!" Kyuhyun said breaking the tense silence.

Abby nudged me, motioning towards Leeteuk. "What?" I asked.

"Apologize!" she scolded.

"Um, sorry for attacking you."

"It's okay!" he said with a bright smile. "Oh let us introduce ourselves! Ouri SHUPA JUNI-OYO!" they said in unison I cannot say in words how hard I was trying not to squeal! I just got to see the Super Junior's introduction in person! Directed towards me!

"We know who you are" Abby said bluntly.

"You do?" Leeteuk said in disbelief "But you guys are... you're..."

"Not Asian? Yeah we know," I laughed they look so flustered.

"Kpop is big in America too you know… Except no one gives Texas any love…just California I mean why ca-"

"Alyssa stop babbling!" Abby stopped me.

"Oh… Sorry, I like to talk..." Geez, today is just not a good day for me. First I flood our dorm then I embarrass myself in front of Super Junior.

"Not to intrude or anything… but why are you guys sleeping outside?" Yesung asked.

"Hyung! That’s none of your business." Eunhyuk yelled.

"Aniyo… It's okay. You see I kind of flooded our dorm and we had to sleep outside." I explained.

"How'd you flood it?" Siwon asked raising his 'Shibrows'.

"Well you see, I was trying to make ramen and I kind of tripped on a pipe and busted it." I said trying to hide my blushing face.

"Aigo! She's so cute!" Eunhyuk gushed.

I turned sharply to Abby. "HE SAID I'M CUTE!!"



Hey guys!!! I'm the other author flipflops34. I'm so excited to finally write a fanfic, I've read a lot but never actually written one... So be nice this one is my baby :D 

They don't actually have to be nice though flipflops34...if they tell us what we need to work on or give us suggestions then we can be better writers!

HEY! This is my author's note!!!! get out of here meany, you're ruining my fun