clAssicAl

One Year

(Abby’s POV)

“Oh Alyssa and Abby! I’m glad I caught you!” said a mans voice from behind us.

I sighed and turned around to see our manager walking toward us. “Oh hi Mr. Yuhan!” Alyssa said bowing to him.

I gave him a slight smile and bowed to him too.

“So we have came up with a name for you guys,” he said ecstatically.

Oh goodness…what are they going to give us?

I looked at Alyssa, who was grinning with pleasure.

“Well, since you are foreigners, we can’t give you an acronym for some Korean name or whatever so it has to sound somewhat American. You are classical music players, so this is what we came up with,” he said and reached into his bag and pulled out a paper that said clAssicAl on it.

Oh my gosh…are you kidding me?

“What do you think?” he asked beaming.

“Oh I love it! The ‘A’s are capitalized because of our names and everything! It’s so cool! What do you think Abby?”

I managed a fake smile. “It’s awesome!” I said, pretending to like it.

Agh…is this going to be what I will be apart of for at least the next year?

“Oh!” the manager said, “Even more good news! You will be opening for Super Junior tomorrow! But since we haven’t even got a debut song for you yet, you will be playing that piece that you guys played to get into the company! It will be the first time that any body gets to hear of clAssicAl!”

“But Mr. Manager!” I said, my nerves racking up. “We haven’t even gone through training!”

He grinned. “Well we looked at your previous records in the United States and found out that you have already gone through training there…so we figured with a little dance classes and stuff, we can skip the training. Ah! Well, I need to go!”

He quickly put the paper back into his bag and ran off.

“Why does he always run off when I’m trying to argue with him?” I asked Alyssa while rubbing my now aching head.

“Are we seriously opening for Super Junior tomorrow night?” Alyssa asked.

“Yeah, and I’m afraid of crowds. Alyssa Kay Johnson I hate you for making me come here as the next biggest celebrity!” I barked in her face.

“But still! They must think that we did good in the US or we wouldn’t have been able to skip our training.” She said positively.

“But I don’t want to skip the training! I need to have training! And I don’t want to play that stupid song again!”

I knew I was being ridiculous, but for crying out loud, they don’t even have a debut song for us yet! ...or do they and they just haven’t told us about it?

“Well then we don’t have too.” She mumbled.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, we do a duet. We don’t need any synthesizers or anything…why don’t we just play a different piece?”

“No…if we do that then Mr. Yuhan will be mad at us.” I said dryly.

“Oh come on Abby…take a risk for once,” she said taking a step toward me. “You know that you need to get out there and not follow the rules for once!”

I sighed.

“If he gets mad at us, then I’ll just say it was my fault…and if we get fired, oh well…we still have a job in the US. What do you say?”

I sighed again…should I do it?

“Okay,” I mumbled.

Alyssa grinned and hugged me really tight popping her foot cutely like she always does to someone when she gets her way.

“Thank you Abby!”

“No problem,” I said pushing her away from me. “So what song are we doing?” I asked, picking up my bag, as did she and walking to the exit of the building.

 

THE NEXT DAY

Tomorrow came faster than I thought it would.

We were standing back stage tuning our instruments and everybody was a nervous wreck. They were doing mic checks and making sure that their head sets stayed on and that their makeup was perfect and warming up their vocals and stretching for the dancing.

It was pretty hectic. The sound crew and the light crew was checking every cable possible to make sure that everything was going to run smoothly.

“You girls ready?” the manager asked us, walking up to us.

I felt like my face had been plastered with makeup and my long hair was nothing more than just curled (I mean, you can’t do that much with hip length hair) and we were wearing mid-thigh cocktail dresses that were black and some 3 inch heels to match.

I stood up and flexed my hands.

“Yeah…I think so…” We both muttered, my nerves making me about to burst on the inside.

The manager smiled and patted us on the back. “Good. You’ll be on in ten. Get ready,” he said walking away.

“Wahhh!!! Why are you so tall!?” I heard someone ask, coming toward us.

I turned around and saw Wookie walking to us, while having to look up…being in 3 inch heals (7.6 cm) and already being an inch taller than him made him look like a midget to us. Teukie, Heechul, Eunhyuk, Yesung, Shindong, Sungmin, Donghae, and Kyuhyun were in the same boat too. We were either taller than them or as tall with our heals on.

We both burst into laughter. He was so cute.

“Uh uh. We aren’t tall…in America, we are actually not that tall at all, maybe even short. You guys are just midgets,” Alyssa said, trying not to break the laugh.

The rest of the Super Junior gathered around us as our ‘debut’ (really just us opening for them) came nearer.

“We aren’t short!” Eunhyuk said, looking up to us.

They all protested against them being short.

“It’s okay, at least when we don’t have heals on we are as tall as most of you and the only one shorter than us is Wookie,” I pointed out.

He frowned.

“clAssicAl! Your on in three. Get ready!” the stage manager came up to us and told us.

I instantly felt my nerves come back after they faded with the light conversation we were having.

Alyssa and I walked over to our instruments and picked them up about to get on stage.

 

(Random Chick From the Audiences POV)

“Okay, we are going to have a special treat for you tonight,” said this really hot guy coming out on stage.

Oh come onnnn…I don’t want to see this guy talk! I want some Super Junior! It will take me five months to pay these tickets off from my parents so they need to give me as much Super Junior as possible!

“This group is really popular in the United States…but they don’t play the type of music that most people would expect,” the guy said.

Oh great…that means they will freaking .

“SM Entertainment has decided to take them under their wings and make them the next idol group!”

Screams burst out all around me…

What the crap was wrong with these people!? Do they honestly think that they will be able to make another idol group? Psht! Naw! I’m surprised that these people even signed the stupid SM contract!

“So I want you to give them a chance and give a big hand for clAssicAl!!!” he yelled.

Everybody was screaming as two chicks walk out on stage with instruments. One was a violin and the other was…I think it is a cello…I can’t remember exactly what it is called…But neither of them were Asian. One was white and the other looked to be a mix of black and white.

I looked down at my own skin color who was different from most of those standing in the crowd. Unlike their ‘yellow’ skin, I was dark chocolate and was over here for foreign exchange.

Maybe I could give them a chance since they are like me.  

The crowds roars slowly died down as the group called clAssicAl made their way to the middle of the stage.

They were standing up (yes, even the cellist) and the white girl looked at the other chick after taking some deep breaths and placing the stick on the strings.

The violinist smirked at the audience and cued in the cellist.

Their hands were moving at an unthinkable speed and on top of that, it sounded amazing.

I have never heard classical instruments rocking out that hard before! It was so fantastic!

With in a few minutes of non-stop playing and moving around, they had me screaming with the audience as the violinist was walking around on stage, dancing similar to the way Henry does, and the cellist was flinging her head back and forth, totally engulfed in the music, not even realizing that there was a crowd there in front of them.

A moment later, the song stopped and the girls froze in some crazy poses with their ‘sticks’ flying in the air.

I roared in clapping and screaming, as did everybody else in the crowd. These people were utterly fantastic.

A man walked out of the back stage and handed the violinist a microphone and she walked over to the cellist who met her half way.

“Ah!” she laughed panting a little from doing some sort of dance and playing so fast.

We laughed a little with her.

“Hi!” the cellist took over, “I’m Abby and this is Alyssa and we are-“

“clAssicAl!” They both said.

“Yeah, we know we are different,” Alyssa said, “And we know that most people don’t listen to classical music, but we are hoping to give change peoples outlook on classical music and put in some pop with it. So yes, we will be singing and dancing too.”

Aww! Her accent is so cute!

“This isn’t our debut song, but we hope that when we do finally debut, our crowd will be cheering as loud as you guys are tonight. Thank you!” Abby said.

 

(Abby’s POV)

Oh my gosh that was so much fun…it was tiring, but it was fun. I haven’t played like that in forever!

I grinned at Alyssa after we bowed to the audience and the stage crew manager came back and took the mic from us.

“What did you think?” I asked her.

She was still panting.

I remember seeing her moving all over stage as if she was walking on hot coals and couldn’t stay in one place. Not to mention, our tempo was 230 and most of it was tremolos for her.

“It was fantastic,” she said finally as we walked off stage.

“You guys did great!” Teukie said running up to us and hugging us.

Their manager gave him a stern look.

Alyssa gladly accepted the hug and I, not used to him being nice to me since I told him about me liking Yesung, was stiff at first, but then hugged him back.

“Okay, I got to get back so we can get on stage,” he said and ran back to the front of the line up of Super Junior by their ages.

They all smiled and waved at us, sending us silent cheers as the audience went quiet once again when the lights went al dark.

I looked back to Alyssa who was blushing.

"Why are you blushing?" I asked her.

"Leeteuk hugged me..."

"So...you have been hugged by all the Super Junior practically..." I muttered.

She grinned and looked away. "Teukie hasn't yet..."

Oh goodness...

 

LATER THAT NIGHT

(Narrator’s POV)

“Cheers!” they all said later that night, slapping what ever drink they ordered together with someone else’s.

“Let me tell you,” Siwon said cutting some sort of meat he ordered. “If that is the way all your performances are going to be then we will have some competition. All of us SM groups will be blown out of the water.”

“I think that the people liked it a lot. It isn’t SM sounding at all. And they are foreigners. So it is obvious that SM is trying to appeal to everybody. And as much as people hate to admit it, a lot of people like classical music for some reason or another,” Teukie said, gulping down his water.

Even though they were all talking about how amazing clAssicAl performed, Abby and Alyssa were at the end of the really long table, talking to Kyuhyun and Taemin from SHINee, who joined them tonight for dinner as a celebration for their first performance.

“What do you mean you can’t drink?” Kyuhyun said.

“Noonas, you can drink,” Taemin said to Abby and Alyssa.  

“No…” Alyssa muttered, blushing at Taemin, (her bias in SHINee).

“We aren’t twenty-one yet,” Abby said, taking a sip of her coke-a-cola.

“Twenty-one! Goodness?! How do you survive in the US? We are allowed to drink when we are 19!” Kyuhyun said, pushing his drink towards Abby’s hand.

“I-I’m not Korean though,” she mumbled, pushing his drink back to him.

“It doesn’t matter. If you are here, you can drink,” he said, this time trying to get Alyssa to drink it.

“Should we just tell them?” Alyssa looked at Abby.

“Tell us what?” Taemin asked.

“I think we should tell them,” Abby said to Alyssa agreeingly.

“Tell us what?” both the maknae’s asked.

Abby sighed. “We are extremely embarrassing drunks.”

“Ah! So you have gotten drunk under age!” Kyuhyun said grinning his famously evil smile.  

“I see you’ve been trying to pry it out of us,” Abby muttered under her breath so no one could hear.

“Of course we have. We’ve been to a public college…” Alyssa laughed awkwardly.

“So how embarrassing is embarrassing?” Taemin asked.

“Yah, since when are you teaming up with Kyuhyun!?” Alyssa asked Taemin.

He giggled like Alyssa would. “Mianhae noona…hyung just rubs off well I guess.”

Kyuhyun looked at Taemin and patted him on the head. “I have taught you well young grasshopper,” he said in a deep voice to Taemin.

Alyssa and Abby looked at them both with that ‘wtf-is-wrong-with-you?’ look.

*30 Mins Later*

Alyssa was falling histarically on Abby as she took another sip of beer.

Yes, Kyuhyun and Taemin won with getting them to drink a little…which ended up turning into a lot…which made pretty much all of the entire table except Siwon, Onew, Donghae, Yesung, Eunhyuk, and Taemin get drunk too.

Abby looked at Alyssa as she threw her back up into her seat laughing with the rest of the group.

“Do you remember that time?” Abby slurred.

“Whhhiiccch, timmmmme?” Alyssa answered.

“When we werrrrre wrrriting a songgg and youuuur rappp part?”

Alyssa laughed even more.

“What happened?” Eunhyuk asked, laughing his head off at the show they were giving him.

“I was rapppping the parttt, and Abbbby looooks at mmmeee and saysss, ‘Yoooou knnnow whattt would fitttt the part perfecttttly?’” she laughed.

“What?” Onew asked, laughing with them too.

Both the girls burst out into laughter, then the rest of the group laughed too, but not entirely sure what they were laughing at.

“What? What was it?” he asked again.

Alyssa and Abby looked at each other and burst into laughter again, and both managed to say at the same time, “Onew !”

The entire group rose up in hysterical laughter, except for Onew who was completely speechless and turned cherry red.  

Best. Day. Ever. Abby thought and continued to laugh. 


Ah! Hi everyone! Was this a good chapter? I can't decide if it is or not...ah, anyways, I hope you liked it! It was fun to write the last part. (if you don't know what i am talking about then watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDDwVqNsy04 it is so halarious! i don't even really like that song because it isn't my style, but onew is so hilarious!)

Comment, Suggest, Subscribe! =)))

Ps: flipflops34 and I have something special planned for you, so keep commenting and subscribing and you will know what it is when you see it. =)

Pps: i'm going out of town next week, so flipflops34 is taking over for a little while...pray she does a good job! XD