The Cute-Off

One Year

(Teukie’s POV)
I slammed the shot-glass down and ran my fingers through my hair.

How could she do that to me? Does she not realize how many girls in the world would kill to be in her position right now.

*flashback*

Yesung walked back into the room with his eyes droopy from being tired and stretched. “Oh hey hyung, hey Abby,” he said simply.

“Hey Yesung,” I said and glanced back over at Abby.

Her pale skin flushed bright red and she turned away, trying not to make eye contact with Yesung.

Yesung raided the refrigerator looking for something to eat.

I looked back at Abby who was still refusing to make eye contact with him, let alone look at him when his back was turned to her.

My heart raged in jealousy.

“You aren’t going to find anything in the refrigerator Yesung. That is why everybody else is gone.” I said flatly.

He slammed the door shut. “Whatever, I’ll just go to bed,” he said and left the room. “Night. Oh, and Abby don’t come to bed too late because I don’t want to be woken in the middle of the night.”

“Okay,” she said softly and blushed again.

Oh…I forgot. She is in the same room as Yesung.

“Do you like him?” I asked her simply the second Yesung was out of hearing distance.

She blushed again. “No.”

“You’re a really bad liar.”

“But I don’t,” she said defensively crossing her arms..

“Just tell me the truth. Do. You. Like. Him?”

“Well…he has been my bias forever…and he’s actually a good person like he portrays in all the variety shows…”

“So is that a yes?” I asked her.

“Why do you ask?” she asked, finally looking at me in the eyes.

“I’m just wondering…”

“Would you be upset if I said it was a yes?”

“Maybe,” I asked, crossing my arms like hers and leaning back in the chair.

“Well sorry to say, but yeah, it is a yes.”

She smirked and stood up walking back to their room.

I felt my mouth drop. Gosh that was rude.

“I need to get out of here,” I mumbled standing up and grabbing my keys on the counter.

*end of flashback*

“Can I have another?” I asked sloppily leaning over the bar.

“Um sir, you know that you are already pretty drunk. I don’t think that you should have any more.” The bartender told me.

“Just give me another freaking round,” I said gulping the last of the current shot in my hand.

“I was just doing my job,” I heard him whisper as he gave me another shot.

I ripped the shot out of his hand and brought it to my lips tilting my head back and throwing the drink into my mouth.

I swallowed and felt the burn go down my throat and winced in pain. Man this Irish stuff was strong!

I looked down and held my spinning head, feeling it become heavier as I fell to the counter of the bar…

 

(Alyssa’s POV)

I was floating through the clouds on my giant pink unicorn.

Her name was Ellie.

I had my head back with my hair flowing through the wind, distracted by the rush of flying. So I didn’t notice that someone else had joined us on our voyage.

I looked over and saw Leeteuk riding on his own unicorn.

The wind rustled through his hair and the sunshine hit him just right. He looked like one of those Greek Gods that you see in myths.

 He started to say something to me that I couldn’t hear.

I leaned closer trying to make out his words.

 I finally got close enough to his face that I could hear when-

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

I grabbed a pillow and covered my head, who the hell is knocking on my door like a crazy person.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

UGH! Oh.My.God.   Maybe if I ignore them they’ll get the hint and go away.

I waited for about ten seconds for another knock, but all I heard was silence.

Relieved I eased back into my pillow and tried to drift off back to my land of unicorns and hot Korean

idols.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

“OH MY GOD WILL YOU STOP BANGING ON MY DOOR!!!!!!”  I sat up in my bed screaming my head off.

I’m not a happy camper when someone wakes me up from my precious beauty sleep…

I heard the door creak open and Eunhyuk slip his head through.

“Have you seen Leeteuk? We were trying to find him and we were wondering if he was in here.”

“Obviously he’s not in here since I’m the only person in the bed. Now, can you get out of here so I can go back to sleep.” I snapped my fingers motioning him to leave the room.

“Alyssa, we really need your help. Can you help us please we have a schedule early in the morning.” He started pouting and giving me those stupid puppy eyes.

As much as he’s annoyed me, I still fall for his stupid monkey charm.

“Fine, fine whatever, I’ll come help.” I pushed the covers off and followed Eunhyuk out the door.

I pranced into the living room and noticed Abby sitting with the members.

“Hey Abby weren’t you alone with Leeteuk earlier? Did anything weird happen?” I asked Abby not noticing how loud I was.

“Yeah, after I got done with my schedule you two were sitting in the living room.” Yesung sat up adding in his two cents to the conversation.

“Uh-uhhh, well yeah, but I went to bed right after that…We don’t know that I was the last one that saw him.” She sputtered out.

I flopped down on the couch next to Sungmin waiting for this conversation to progress.

“Did he seem upset when you guys were talking?” Ryeowook asked.

“Um…well I said something that made him look a little angry but I assumed it flew over.” She said shyly as Yesung looked at her.

Oh geez, Abby is starting to fangirl all over the place.

“Well what did you say?” noisy Kyuhyun said crossing his arms.

“Well, um…um…” she mumbled.

I know where this is going; I might as well save her.

“This isn’t necessary; all we know is that he’s upset. Interrogating Abby about their conversation isn’t going to help anyone.” I raised my voice making sure they could hear me. “Now, where would Leeteuk go if he was upset?”

“There’s this bar a couple blocks from here that we go to. Usually only elderly people and adults go there, so we don’t have to deal with fangirls.” Heechul said.

“Alright, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” I got up from the couch and bounded toward the door.

 

(Abby’s POV)

“Well whatdid  you say?” Kyuhyun asked me, crossing his arms and pursing his lips while taking a step towards me.

I felt my cheeks go warm.

What do I say? I can’t just tell them what I said! Yesung is standing right there!

“Well, um…um…” I muttered while trying to think of an excuse.

“This isn’t necessary,” Alyssa butted in.

Oh my God Alyssa. I freaking love you right now!

“All we know is that he’s upset. Interrogating Abby about their conversation isn’t going to help anyone. Now, where would Leeteuk go if he was upset?”

Alyssa, you’re so dense. Where would an upset 29 year old man go to in the middle of the night?

“There’s this bar a couple blocks from here that we go to. Usually only elderly people and adults go there, so we don’t have to deal with fangirls.” Heechul commented.

No duh.

“Alright, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” She practically yelled, a little bit too excited in the situation.

We all slowly filed out of the dorm and down stairs to the street, all of them knowing where to go obviously.

No one talked and everybody was a bit anxious, not to mention tired. It had to at least be eleven o’clock at night and we all had a long day.

“We’re here,” Heechul mumbled and pushed both the double doors open with a killer look on his face.

Oh gosh he’s so hot.

“Could you make us known any more Heechul?” Eunhyuk asked sarcastically.

Heechul shot him a glare and walked up to the oddly empty bar.

“Teukie?!” Heechul yelled.

“Shhhhh!” we all demanded to him, knowing that we were the youngest people in here and no one was talking above a whisper.

“Excuse me ma’am,” Alyssa said talking to a nice looking waitress. “We are looki-”

The waitress, obviously recognizing them as being Super Junior, pointed to the bar to see a man lying on the counter, passed out.

“He’s over there,” she said coldly and walked away.

We walked over to the bar and Kyuhyun bought a water bottle.

“What are you doing Kyuhyun? We are here for Teukie babo.” Heechul said taking Teukie’s job as the motherly figure.

“Watch me,” Kyuhyun said smirking and opened the water bottle and spraying it all over Teukie.

Teukie gasped as he was thrown awake. “What the fu-”

“Hey!” Siwon cut in before Teukie finished the word.

Teukie shook the water off his head and his eyes landed on me. “Oh, it’s you.” He said, trying to stand up but fell back onto the stool.

Shindong walked up Teukie and put his arm under Teukie’s.

“Thank you,” he mumbled still stumbling from being drunk.

“Hyung, why did you go and get yourself drunk?” Donghae asked taking the other arm to help him. “We have schedules in the morning.”

“Oh…I forgot about those,” he mumbled.

We all gasped and turned to look at Teukie.

“You forgot?!” all of us asked.

“It’s not even a big deal, don’t worry about it,” Leeteuk glared at the group. “Are we just going to stand here, or are we leaving.”

He’s such a PMSing boy.

 

THE NEXT WEEK

(Narrator’s POV)

Super Junior walked out of the rehearsal studio downing water bottles and wiping sweat off their faces, getting ready for a concert that was happening the next day.

On the other hand, Abby and Alyssa were just finishing their rehearsal for the day with their dance instructor, and were about to pass out.

Eunhyuk laughed at them.

“What are you laughing at?” Alyssa asked panting and attempting to catch her breath.

“You guys are such babies,” Kyuhyun said grinning at them.

“I’m not a baby, I’m a big girl!” Alyssa said falling back on the floor with a pout.

“Hey, being the cute one is my thing!!!” Minnie said trying to top her pout.

“I have to say that Alyssa beat you with that pout Minnie,” Teukie said.

“That’s not fair Hyung, you’re biased!” Sungmin sat next to me still pouting.

“Oh I know! Let’s have a cute off,” Heechul said clapping his hands. “We can have one round of Sungmin vs. Alyssa trying to be cuter than the other.”

“I’ll be a judge!” Eunhyuk rushed over trying to claim his place.

“Me too!!!” Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand.

“Hey that’s not fair. You’re both guys; obviously you are going to pick Alyssa.” Sungmin whimpered.

“Fine, I’ll be a judge too Minnie.” Abby volunteered.

“LET’S GET THIS STARTED!!!” Heechul said excited about his own idea.

Sungmin grinned “I go first!” He pulled out his IPod picked SNSD’s Gee and skipped to the chorus.

Mimicking their dancing he added in his cute smiles and poses. When he finished he skipped over and kissed Abby on the cheek with a grin.

A burst of “HEYS”, “OOOOH!”, and “Get it!!!” could be heard throughout the room.

Alyssa laughed under her breath and walked to the side of the room to her bag. She pulled out a bowl of instant ramen and popped it in the microwave.

“Hey, what are you doing? You’re supposed to do something cute, not make lunch.” Sungmin protested

“Don’t worry; it’s going to be cute.” I said winking at him. “Hey Abby, can you get me some chopsticks please.”

Abby grabbed her purse and threw some chopsticks at Alyssa.

She sat in front of the microwave waiting for it to go Ding!

Alyssa opened the ramen revealing a puddle of steam. She sat down gathering her chopsticks ready to eat.

Alyssa grabbed the chopsticks (not knowing how to use them) and tried to grab noodles but failed when the slipped past one another.

She attempted to grab some noodles from the bowl countless times, but then the noodles would slip down into to the bowl.

Sighing and puffing her cheeks Alyssa would try again, but she got the same result.

Finally, she pouted and put one chopstick in each hand and picked up a bunch of noodles shoving it into .

Triumphantly, she looked up at the group with a mouthful of noodles giggling her head off.

“Oh my gosh, she’s too adorable!” Donghae said pinching her cheeks.

“Sorry Sungmin she was still cuter than you…” Abby patted Minnie on the back apologetically.

Eunhyuk’s stomach growled. “GHAR! I’m so hungry!!!”

He marched over to Alyssa’s still mostly full bowl of ramen and grabbed the chopsticks out of her hands.

“This is how you use chopsticks,” he scoffed, then ripped the bowl out of her hand.

Abby laughed under her breath and moved away from the fuming Alyssa.

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!? YOU CAN CALL ME NAMES! YOU CAN WAKE ME UP! YOU CAN EVEN DROP A BAG OF RICE ON MY FOOT, BUT YOU CAN NOT, WILL NOT, EVER! TAKE! MY! RAMEN NOODLES! AWAY!” Alyssa screamed at him ripping the bowl back from him, handing them down the back of , defensively.

They all backed away from Alyssa, scared of her temper-tantrum, except for Abby who was used to this kind of nonsense behavior.

Alyssa looked back up at them and said with a full mouth, calm all of a sudden, “On second thought, don’t wake me up… That wouldn’t be a good experience for you guys.”

They all gave her an odd look.

“I guess we are going to get lunch eh?” Teukie asked.

“Yes!” they practically screamed and left Alyssa and Abby standing there to eat their ramen.

Alyssa looked over at Abby. “Do you think I scared them a bit?” she said raising her eyebrows like Siwon and giggling some under her breath.

Abby rolled her eyes. How she became friends with someone like this, she will never know.


Hey y'all!!! So, me and flipflops34 spent the night at my house tonight and spent like 5 hours working on this fail chapter...

Most of it was HER bothering ME ugh I could not get any work done. *Sigh*

Well...that was true...but YOU needed to learn how to use chopsticks!!! CKF!

............T__T ENJOY GUYS BRB GOTTA BEAT UP MY CO AUTHOR

 

 

ps. that picture at the top is actually flipflops34 "learning" how to use chopsticks...she gave up after a while and lowered her standards to that. XD

 pps. I did not agree to putting that picture up there TT___TT

ppps. no..you didn't. i forced you then put it on facebook! XD saranghae!!!