The New Job

One Year

(Abby’s POV)

It was five o’clock in the morning and I couldn’t go back to sleep.

I slipped out of bed and put my slippers on that were tucked away in my suitcase.

Today was the day that we would meet Lee Changsung. He would watch us perform for the first time and I sure hope he liked what he saw.

I quietly opened the door and shuffled down the hallway, wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

I yawned and walked to the living room where I saw a light on. Siwon was sitting on the couch, with his Bible opened in his lap, and some coffee on the table in front of him.

“How’d you sleep?” he asked me.

I sighed. “Miserably. Yesung kept on kicking me… I bet I have bruises on top of my bruises.”

Siwon laughed. “Yeah, I figured something like that would be happening. If you want, you can trade rooms to someone else. I know that Alyssa moved in with Teukie last night. She and Eunhyuk didn’t get along apparently.”

“Woah…” I said, just standing there like a fool. “That’s weird. She is obsessed with Eunhyuk…she has been for three years.”

I mentally slapped myself. Why did I just tell him that we’re Everlasting Friends?

He looked at my oddly. “You guys are ELF’s?” he asked, getting off the couch and grabbing his coffee cup to refill it.

I blushed. “Yeah…I probably shouldn’t have said that…”

“So how much do you know about us?”

“I know that you drink plain boring black coffee and you read the American Newspaper and have a quiet time every morning before everybody gets up.”

“Woah…yeah, I guess you are an ELF. So does staying here make you feel like you're in heaven?” he grinned.

“It did at first, but I guess I’m already used to it,” I said grinning back.

“You want some?” he asked me, offering me some coffee.

I shrugged. “Why not?”

He smiled at me and got another coffee cup out of the cupboard.

When he was finished, he gave me the glass. “Come onto the balcony with me. I want to show you something.”

Curious, I followed him to the balcony of the dorm, blowing on my dull, hot coffee.

He opened the door and walked outside and I was still not sure what I was looking at. He leaned on the side, sipping his coffee.

“Look.” He told me.

“At what,” I asked, “your hot muscles flexing or something?”

Then I realized what I just said and blushed turning away.

“Yup, definitely an ELF.” He laughed taking another sip. “But no. Look past the balcony.”

I looked past the balcony to see lots of buildings. “At the buildings?”

He laughed again. “No silly, at the sunrise!”

That is when I saw it: a perfect combination of colors filling the sky starting in rings where the sun would be showing in a few minutes.

“Wow!” I exclaimed.

“See this is why I get up so early most days. I get to see this! I get to see the beauty of God’s wonderful creation. And it happens twice a day, once when He is saying good morning to you, and once when He is saying good night to you. It is my way of remember that he cares because there will always be another day.”

I looked at his face as he stared at the sun rise like it was the most amazing thing on the planet.

This is why I have respect for you Choi Siwon: you look on the different side of everything. “I never would have thought of that…That is pretty cool to think about,” I said, smiling at him.

He nodded. “It really is. It shows that He cares so much for us that He can make something so beautiful every single day, twice a day.”

We sat there for a few more minutes until we heard the screen door open and Alyssa came flying out.

“Oh my God! I can’t believe Eunhyuk! He is such a baby! I don’t know what I saw in him all those years! All those times I fangirled over him opening his shirt or cried when he cried or just flat out laughed at his stupid-ness…I take them allllllll back. I hate him so much!” she screamed.

“Ahem!” Siwon cleared his throat, showing her that I wasn’t the only one out here.

I laughed under my breath when her jaw dropped about what she just said in front of him.

“I-I-”

“It’s okay Lyss. He knows that we are ELFs. I gave us away this morning.”

She let out a sigh of relief and walked to the other side of me leaning over the edge like we were.

“Want some?” I asked her, showing her my coffee cup.

“Sure,” she said taking the glass and sipping some.

She spit it out the second it went in . “DISGUSTING! What the hell was that?!” she screamed.

Siwon and I laughed really hard.

“It was black coffee. Siwon made it.” I said.

“Oh…I guess I should have known that…wait Abby. You don’t like black coffee though! You only like the iced coffees!”

“You don’t like coffee but yet you drank it?” Siwon asked curiously.

“Yeah…we have to meet Lee Changsung today and I hardly didn’t get any sleep because Yesung was kicking me all night, so I figured I should probably take some.”

“We have to meet Lee Changsung today!?” Alyssa said, freaking out.

I nodded.

She held her head with her hands. “Gah! How could this day get any worse?! First I have to find out that the love of my life is an idiot and now I have to meet my new boss!?”

“Why do you have to meet Lee Changsung?” Siwon asked us.

“Well…we are going to be the next band of SM Entertainment.”

“Oh! You’re singers!?”

We both looked at each him. “No,” we said in unison.

“Wait…what?”

“We play our instruments. We were quite famous in the United States.”

“And Lee Changsung is letting you just sit there and play your instruments???”

 

5 Hours Later

“Oh no! You aren’t going to just play your instruments!” Lee Changsung exclaimed. “You are both athletic looking and so I assumed that we could get you to dance too!"

Alyssa and I looked at each other horrified.

“Wait what? That isn’t what we signed on for!” Alyssa defended ourselves.

“Yeah! What about getting the older people because of the soft music?”

“But you will!” He said enthusiastically. “I have never been so happy about starting a new group before! You guys have so much talent already and you look like you have more bundled up inside of you and we are here to dig it out. I am being very lenient with this new group because we are trying to bring in all sorts of different non pop-loving people, so any style that we can get, you are going to play.”

“Um…Mr. Lee?” Alyssa asked.

“Yes Alyssa?”

“What about our instruments? We play those… and they are kind of what we just signed on for.”

“I know,” he laughed. “Have you heard of the Japanese artist Kanon Wakeshima?”

[By the way, if you are interested you can see one of her more popular pieces, for all you anime lovers out there, at this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i1AcrFsliI ]

“I have,” I said to him.

“Did you know she signed on as a cellist and then they found out that she could sing and made her sing and play the cello?”

“No I didn’t…” I said.

“And Alyssa, it will be easier for you to dance or something like Henry does when playing your viola.”

“I guess…” she mumbled.

He looked at our horrified faces and laughed his head off.

I wasn’t aware that this man would be so enthusiastic about this.

“Well girls, this is what we will do. The first few songs that we record are going to be you playing only, then we will add your words later. And if it turns out that neither of you can sing, then we will just bring in a singer. But if you can, you will be the one singing it. And we will start your dance training ASAP. Okay?”

We both nodded.

“Well, here is your newest sheet music,” he said handing us a score and the loose individual parts. “And I need have other things I must get to before noon…I’m running out of time, so I’m sad to say that we won’t be able to continue this conversation till tomorrow. Is there anything I can help you with right now though?”

“Well,” I began, “our dorm is flooded…”

“How’d that happen?” he gasped.

“A-”

“We got in there and there was water spewing from a pipe in the kitchen with already an inch of water on the ground,” Alyssa said, cutting me off and giving me an evil look.

“Oh! Well, where did you stay last night?”

“We were in the middle of the hallway, but then Super Junior found us and offered us a bed for the night.” I said simply.

“Well thank heavens for them, but we will get that fixed as soon as possible.”

“Thank you,” we said bowing to him goodbye.

“See you tomorrow girls!” he said.

We walked out of the room to see Super Junior standing there in the hallway.

“So, how did it go?” Heechul laughed.

We both blew out a sigh of relief. “Oh my gosh…We are going to die…”

“That well huh?” Teukie laughed at us.

“I don’t want to talk about this,” Alyssa said, walking faster to get out of this building as soon as possible.


Hey guys! SOOOO I hope you liked this chapter even though I wasn't really sure how to end it and was afraid of having to many scenes in one chapter...but I think I did okay on it...didn't I?

Idk...I'm not really sure.

Anyway please subscribe, comment, and suggest! =)

*darkkeltha