The Call

One Year

Nervously biting her lip, Abby waited for Alyssa to lift her instrument.

“You ready?” Alyssa smiled, taking a deep breath.

Abby looked out to the very large audience and also took a deep breath then wiped the sweat off the palm of her hands.

“More than ever.”

Alyssa lifted her viola into playing position and waited for Abby to get her fingers all set high up on her cello’s finger board.

“Okay?” Alyssa asked, seeing how nervous Abby was.

Abby nodded.

Alyssa tried to put on another smile to not let her nerves show and cued them both in.

The song was slow at first, cello having a high beautiful melody and Alyssa playing a nice accompaniment that made the song sway back and forth like the sea.

The audience was instantly swept up into the soft waves that made them smile. Then, the smiles turned cold when the waves were thrown against the rocks as the piece picked up.

This time Alyssa took a minor melody that was 150 beats faster than before, and the cello took the job of the crashing waves by stopping and coming in very softly growing louder with a crescendo in less than five seconds only to break away again.

Not concerned about the audience in front of her any longer, Abby played what three months of practicing for this had taught her: to play with her heart. She felt the music flow through her and really felt as if she was on the ocean the way she and Alyssa were moving.

Alyssa looked up about to cut the piece off and waited for Abby’s eyes to meet hers.

Come on Abby. You need to look right about now…We aren’t going to do a perfect ending if you don’t make eye contact, Alyssa thought.

The piece accelerated and got faster and louder. The audience was spinning in the ocean with the intensity of it and was beginning to feel sea sick. The concert hall was so loud now that it sounded as if there were a thousand instruments inside of it playing, rather than two.

There was about ten seconds until the part that Abby needed to pay attention to the most and she was still in her own little world.

Alyssa’s heart pumped faster and faster as the time came closer. Then, just a split second before, Abby raised her eyes and looked at Alyssa, waiting for the cut off. Alyssa let out a sigh of relief and then cued Abby for the dramatic cut off.

There they froze bows two feet off of their strings, not moving a muscle. The audience roared with clapping and whooping, only to see Alyssa give a slight nod and the piece start up again.

They instantly silenced themselves to hear the rest of this magnificent piece.

The song ended with a four octave arpeggio for the cello and the viola repeated melody only jumping to a higher octave with each octave that the cello went up. Then the song was over.

The crowd once again flew to their feet and roared, clapping and cheering for the two girls.

The two girls let out a sigh of relief and stood up for their bows.

 

The next day Abby and Alyssa received a letter from our manager.

 

I can’t thank you two girls enough for the amount of money you raised for charity. Thanks to you, this charity foundation has raised over ten thousand dollars in just one night.

I am so glad that you two have chosen to help the world with the gift that God has given both of you. You have marvelous talent and I can’t wait to hear you two play for us again.

By the way, I sent the tape recording of last nights’ performance to y’alls favorite producing company…Yes, to SM Entertainment. I think it is time that they get a whiff of some real talent rather than the dancing fiends they are raising over there.

Please contact me again so we can have more money given to the needy in our country.

Thank you,

Paul Sanset

“He sent our video to SM Entertainment?” Alyssa said softly in shock.

“I can’t believe it!” Abby freaked. “$10,000? Wow! That’s amazing!”

“He really sent the video to SM Entertainment? What will they say? Will they like it?” Alyssa said.

“I hope that the money goes to all the needed causes in our country. Like homeless, disaster help, orphans and all that good stuff.”

“Abby!” Alyssa yelled at her.

Abby shook her head, coming out of her daydreaming.

“What?” Abby pouted.

“He sent our video to SM Entertainment! SM FREAKING ENTERTAINMENT!” she yelled, shaking Abby’s shoulders.

Abby did a double take. “Wait…SM Entertainment as in Super Junior and SHINee and TVXQ and…and SNSD?”

Alyssa grinned. “YES!”

“So we-we m-mi-might get to be their n-n-next group?”

“YES!”

“Oh my goodness…”Abby said, feeling sick at her stomach.

“Why don’t you look happy about this?” Alyssa freaked.

“Alyssa…if they ask, I’m going to decline. I-I can’t do that. I just can’t.”

“But why not?” pouted Alyssa.

“Because! Becoming the next group of SM would mean being famous. And being famous puts you under a lot of pressure. You can’t even date properly without getting bashed by someone at least. And also being a musician, not an actor, means you have to perform in front of live audiences. I would not, COULD not, do that. I get such bad stage fright with only, what 600 people in the stands like yesterday? I was seriously about to pass out.”

“But Abby…”

“Please, don’t mention this again. So please, just finish getting packed so we can go home.”

Alyssa sighed, and closed out the email that Paul Sanset sent them and went to fetch her suite case.

NEXT WEEK

(Alyssa’s POV)

*Ring ring* "Hello?" I said still groggy from being rudely awoken.

"Yes, hello. Is Alyssa Johnson available at the moment." said some random man with an Asian accent.

"This is her, who might I be speaking with?"

"This is Lee Changsung, from SM entertainment. We would like to invite you and Abigail Loyd to join our company."

"Are you serious?! Wait, so you got the video?" I asked

"Yes. We got the email from your manager yesterday morning and were blown away from the performance. We believe that by having classical music players will help us reach out to more than just pop star fans, and maybe even help get the elderly to like our company too. Would you like some time to think about the offer?" he asked

"Um...SURE! I'll just call Abby and talk to her about it." I said excitedly.

"Ok, make sure to call within two days at this number." he said

"Will do! Bye and thank you sooooo much!!!"


"OH MY GOD!" I scream almost dropping my phone as I hung up. I just got a call from SM FREAKING ENTERTAINMENT.

I can't believe that they like our music!

(Abby’s POV)

“Abby!” Mom screamed from upstairs.

I sighed...what happened this time?

“Yes Ma?” I yelled back at her, trying to tame the baby that she insisted on taking care of while its family was on vacation.

“Make me some eggs please!”

I sighed again. I should have known. She doesn’t need me to do anything important for her…she just wants to be a lazy bum and put all of her crap on my shoulders.

“Okay!”

April, the baby, started to scream again. “Shhhh,” I said, taking her out of her high chair and propping her on my hip to bounce her. “It’s alright April. Shhh. Calm down.”

With my other free hand I opened the refrigerator and got the eggs out and placed them on the counter and got a pan out.

I have become the expert at making food with a baby in one hand. If there was an award for such a thing, I would win first place every time.

When the eggs were on the stove, I felt my cell phone buzz in my pocket.

“Great…when this morning couldn’t get any more hectic than it already was.”

I fished around in my pocket for my cell phone to see that it was Alyssa calling me. “What could she possibly want?” I asked myself as I pressed the answer button and put the phone up to my ear.

“Yobaseo?”

“ABBY!”

“God! What?” I yelled back at her.

April started to cry again.

“See what you did?”

“I-is that a baby?” Alyssa asked.

I sighed. “Never mind that. Why did you call me when it is only eight in the morning? Are you sick? You usually don’t get up until twelve!”

“Abby!”

“WHAT!?”

“They called me!”

“Who called you?”

“SM ENTERTAINMENT! They want us Abby! They want us really bad!”

I sighed again. “Lyss, how many times do I have to say this, I WILL NOT accept to be a part of their next band.”

“But see Abby, that’s the thing! We won’t be A PART of their next band; we WILL BE their next band!”

“Well then why would they want a bunch of classical players to be in their next group?” I asked turning the eggs.

“You see, they want to capture the taste of not just people that like pop stars, but also classical or more calm music. Like older people don’t like pop stuff right? Well they want us to capture the attention of more people that aren’t fans of pop music! Isn’t that just brilliant?” She shrieked.

I walked into the room with April’s high-chair and placed her in it.

“You see Alyssa, I just don’t know if I could do that. It would be too much pressure on us, and I’m not ready for that kind of pressure.”

“Abby,” She said softly into the phone.

“Yes?”

“I know that you still want to become a music teacher…I know that is still where your heart is placed. But I also know that you wanted to go pro before nailing your life down to a school.”

“Yeah…”

“Just give me a year. ONE year, and if you don’t like it by the end of the year, then we will drop SM forever and go be teachers together until we rot, arasso?”

Again, I sighed. “Arasso.”

And then she hung up the phone to call back Lee Changsung.

This is going to be a long year.

 

 


Hey y'all!!!! So this my first co-author fan fic and this is flipflops34 first EVER fan fic so be nice and give us advice okay? =)