Seven

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

Luhan entered the classroom along with Kai. It was the last period of the day and it was probably the first time Luhan dreaded the end of the classes. Actually, it’s not the end of classes that Luhan dreaded, it’s seeing Sehun again. It’s funny how he changed his mind so quickly. At the start of the day, he felt all confident and wanted to see Sehun the more often he could, more ready than ever to put a reaction on the guy’s face. And now, only hours after that determination coming from Luhan, he was nervous and fearing the moment when he would see the boy again.

What he didn’t know though, was that the dreaded moment would come faster than he thought.

He walked to his usual desk beside Kai, both guys chatting together.  It was the first time in a long time he had this class and what he surely didn’t expect was Sehun entering the room. Luhan’s eyes went wide immediately and he turned his head to avoid any possible eye contact with the brown haired boy. Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly) Kai noticed Luhan’s reaction at seeing the other boy and he smirked with a questioning look, ‘’hey hey I see something going on here…  Where did y Luhan go?’’ Luhan groaned at his friend’s question because he knew it wasn’t a ‘what happened? Are you okay?’ kind of question, it was more like a ‘what happened? You failed, right? I hope so..’’ kind. Luhan knew it wasn’t meant to be mean though, only competitive and Kai would always be playful. ‘’He didn’t go anywhere because no-ing-thing happened.’’ Kai raised his brows in amusement at cutie Luhan cursing. Luhan wasn’t really mad at Kai, actually he was only mad at himself for being such an idiot and at the situation for being such . But he decided to let out his frustration on his friend because Kai was an :-). But the frustration was gone quickly and Luhan found himself explaining the situation to Kai, a little unintentionally at that.

‘’I’m gonna kill you for your bad influence!! Because of you I know ALL THESE ING STUPID PICKUP LINES!! Ugghh I’ll kill you one day!!!’’ Kai looked at him in disbelief and then started laughing his off, ‘’OH MY GOD! Hahaha you, hahaha, used a ahahaha pickup line on hahahaa Sehun? Hahahah!’’ Luhan just then realized what he just told his of a friend and his eyes widened at his own stupidity.

‘’Oh alright just shut up already! And by the way it’s your fault because my mouth would never have decided to let out a pickup line if it weren’t for you always using these stupid things!!!’’

‘’Aww my Luhan hyung is getting a bad influence from me?’’ Kai teased and it just made Luhan even more frustrated, yet again at his own words.

‘’No!!! I wasn’t influenced by you! I’m older, you’re the one who’s supposed to get influenced. It’s just… my subconscious that was influenced!’’ Okay Luhan, just stop talking you’re getting yourself worse.

Kai didn’t have to answer, he just laughed at his friend.

‘’But hey, you know a pickup line isn’t that bad, right? It can help break the ice too! I really don’t understand why you’re all so ashamed of it!’’

‘’Because it’s SEHUN! And he doesn’t have any reaction! And he doesn’t even seem to like company and he always seem awkward with people! Don’t you see how it ruined my reputation and my chances with him?!’’

‘’Lol Luhan just calm down, you’re being like Baekhyun now, stop freaking out for nothing.’’

‘’OMG I’m not like Diva Baek!!! You just don’t understand ughh!!’’

‘’Yeah I don’t understand because I’m a manly man unlike you and Baekhyun.’’

‘’Oh my God please just shut up, why are you even my friend, go away.’’ That was Luhan’s last sentence and Kai started cracking up.

 

The rest of the period went slowly and quickly for Luhan, don’t ask he’s just weird like that. Luhan could almost feel the awkward tension between him and Sehun (even though Sehun was far from his seat and Kai would say Luhan is just imagining things). But the thing that worsened Luhan’s mood was when he thought that it would be a lot more awkward when the class would be over. He needed to think of a plan. Maybe he could say that ‘omg I am so sorry but I have to run errands for my parents’ ? Or maybe he could try, ‘sorry I forgot my math notebooks, let’s just do it another day’ ? Or he could also try a lot of other things but he would look like a coward and Luhan hated being seen as such. No, he really had no other choice than to go to the tutoring. But he needed to plan something anyway, he had to find a way of not having an awkward atmosphere between them two. But what was so much of a big deal? Sehun never talked so a little of silence between them was nothing new, it’s not like having nothing to say was so bad. So why was Luhan stressing that much? Oh yeah I remember, because HE IS LUHAN. Ugh that kid will always freak out for nothing…

The bell rang and Luhan had come to the decision that he would just act normal. He’ll act as if he had never said a pickup line and he’ll be his casual self. Yep, it’s sure it’ll work.

But Luhan still grudgingly got up and went out of the classroom, replying to Kai’s teasing ‘good luck’ with a ‘I’ll kill you’ glare. Aaahh friendship is so beautiful!

Since Sehun didn’t wait for Luhan to leave the classroom, the blond haired guy hurried to get to his locker and take his things before going to meet Sehun at his locker (thanks to Kai who stalked Sehun on the first days he knew his locker number).

As he neared Sehun’s locker, he made sure to perfectly hide his embarrassment under his joyful expression.

‘’Hi! Are you ready for tutoring??’’ Luhan asked enthusiastically, though he was fearing Sehun’s reaction… would the other be like ‘ew get away pickup lines are disgusting’..? Luhan surely hoped not. Though personally he thought that way… yeah the situation was pretty weird.

‘’Yeah, let’s go.’’ An emotionless boy replied him and Luhan wasn’t sure how to react. Damn, Sehun’s expressionless face and voice was so annoying sometimes! Luhan didn’t even know if he should feel awkward or not! (Because he’s too stupid to just not feel awkward and, at the same time, probably get rid of the maybe awkward atmosphere…)

 

They started walking, at first in silence because Luhan couldn’t find anything to say; it was really hard to start a conversation with someone who didn’t talk.

‘’Hum… Where do you live? I know you probably live near my house since we have the same bus stop but… how near?’’ Luhan asked, genuinely curious. Just then he realized how excited he was to go at Sehun’s house. Wasn’t that a big step for his mission? No? Well for him it is!

‘’You’ll see when we get there…’’ Luhan didn’t know why but the sentence sounded mysterious from Sehun’s mouth… he just shrugged it off though,

They were now walking in front of the little shop Sehun went to the 2 last times they walked together and Luhan’s curiosity got the best of him.

‘’What’s that shop??’’ Sehun looked at the shop and then at him, ‘’Well… a shop.’’ Wow thanks for the explanation! ‘’Yeah but I mean you seem to always go there… any particular reason?’’

‘’Oh it’s my father’s shop.’’ Sehun answered casually as Luhan nodded, until he remembered a detail. ‘’But… Didn’t you say your father was living like an hour from here?’’ Luhan was really lost. ‘’Oh yeah, I’m sorry I mean my step-father.’’ Why did it sound rude in Sehun’s voice? Was Sehun really mad at Luhan? Omg that’s why he’s been this quiet, it’s sure!! That’s it, Luhan is freaking out for absolutely nothing again.

‘’Oh.. ok..’’ And Luhan didn’t talk for the rest of the way. He knows he decided to act casually but he just couldn’t help this nagging feeling that Sehun was mad at him and the fact that he was still super embarrassed didn’t help anything.

Luhan looked up when he realized that Sehun was slowing down, but his gaze went back down when he saw that they weren’t arrived yet, they were only walking in front of his own house. When he realized the younger was entering an alleyway though, he immediately looked up, confused. Why was Sehun entering the alleyway right beside Luhan’s house? He can’t possibly live there, right? That’s just impossible. I mean, yes Luhan noticed that the empty house beside his wasn’t empty anymore, but he never saw Sehun there! There is just no way the other boy was living there for more than a week and he never saw him!

‘’Are you coming?’’ Sehun’s voice snapped Luhan out of his thoughts and he confusedly walked to Sehun’s door.

‘’My house isn’t really neat so… don’t mind that please.’’

Sehun opened the door and let Luhan enter the house. It seemed that entering the house made Luhan really realize that it was true. ‘’So… you really live here?? You’re my neighbor!’’

‘’Uhm yeah..’’ Sehun just answered without interest.

‘’But why didn’t you tell me earlier!’’

‘’Because I didn’t see the use of doing so..?’’ Yeah well thinking about it… he’s totally right.

‘’Oh, yeah… You’re right sorry..’’

And then an awkward silence settled between them.

Luhan fidgeted on his feet uncomfortably. He couldn’t find anything to say to get rid of this awkward atmosphere hanging between them and the only words that echoed in Luhan’s mind were the sentence-that-should-never-be-repeated-or-Luhan-will-start-crying, also called the pick-up line.

‘’So… Let’s start..!’’ It was said with fake enthusiasm and Luhan mentally slapped himself for sounding like that. He managed to smile though, although the only thing he wanted to do was to run at the door, go to his house and jump in his blankets so that he could never be embarrassed again and never be in awkward situations like that. Yeah, you probably understood already that Luhan wasn’t used to be embarrassed and awkward was almost a word that should not be said in front of him, he was kinda awkwardophobic (*cough* let’s just say that’s a word alright *cough*) Even when they were walking upstairs, Luhan stayed a lot behind Sehun because his arm had just brushed against the other’s and he found that it raised the awkwardness…

It would be funny if someone would see them, because Luhan would look totally stupid.

Anyways, they were now up the stairs and Sehun was entering a room so Luhan followed.

‘’Hum this is my room.. I know it’s not really clean, but..’’

Luhan only smiled at him and shrugged it off. The first thing he noticed when he entered Sehun’s bedroom was the window. It might sound weird but it’s just because the blond haired guy realized that the window was directly in front of his own window. Oooh what ideas are travelling Luhan’s innocent mind right now? Let’s just say it consists of watching a certain person doing his things and maybe there’s also something about the brown haired guy changing his clothes in front of his window… Okay let’s just stop thinking about that.

Sehun’s room was all black and white and Luhan found it funny because it seemed to fit perfectly with Sehun’s neutral self. The room was spacious and had a comfortable atmosphere to it, which made Luhan relax instantly and a smile settled on his lips.

Both guys settled on Sehun’s huge bed and they took their notebooks out of their school bags. And thanks to Sehun’s room, the awkward atmosphere had dissipated and the little deer was totally comfortable now.

‘’Uhm… I’m not good at all in maths you know… Please don’t get too frustrated if it takes me time to get it right…’’ Sehun sounded insecure and shy and to Luhan’s ears, totally cute! Luhan wasn’t sure if it was the shy voice or just the words that had that effect though, but he didn’t care. He was spazzing inwardly over Sehun being cute. Ok there definitely is something wrong with Luhan today.

‘’Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll do just fine! And anyway if you don’t understand it’ll be my fault, not yours.’’ Luhan reassured Sehun with a warm smile.

He opened his books and the lesson started. They began by studying what Sehun had failed in the last exam because he would have to take the exam again.

‘’So what’s the answer?’’

And everytime Sehun answered correctly… ‘’Right! Wow you’re doing really great! You understand everything! Alright, another one…’’ and Luhan would offer a genuine smile at him. Of course, what could possibly be a better encouragement than a joyful Luhan? Possibly nothing.

After some moments, Luhan decided he needed some sugar so he took a lollipop out of his bag… And would you be surprised if I said it made him remember the seductive act? He smirked as he pulled the candy out of its wrapper and he put it in his mouth. He acted as if everything was normal and continued on teaching Sehun, but he did it with  a little show of his tongue the lollipop, and a pleased smirk appeared on his lips when he saw Sehun’s gaze at his mouth. Strangely, the brown haired guy missed almost every question Luhan asked him now...

Luhan was having a lot of fun, until Sehun decided to talk, ‘’Stop that.’’ Luhan looked at him confused, ‘’What???’’

Sehun repeated his sentence.

‘’Stop what..?’’ I don’t know if Luhan is stupid or if he’s just stupid, but he was really confused.

‘’What you’re doing… You did it the entire day… Stop it please.’’ Then Luhan realized what the other meant and he was totally surprised. He just shrugged in reply though.

So Sehun wanted Luhan to stop the seductive act ? But why? Luhan was having so much fun! Maybe it was Sehun’s way to tell him he was disgusting and had absolutely no chance with him. Maybe he didn’t like Luhan’s seductive side at all. Or… maybe he liked this side of Luhan too much and didn’t want it to show so he asked him to stop that. And maybe it’s because it was making hard for him to concentrate. Or maybe Luhan had just not any idea of Sehun’s reason so he should just stop thinking about it.

 So the lesson continued without Luhan attempting to be seductive and Sehun had better answers. After a while, Sehun said, ‘’Let’s take a break! I’m hungry. Do you want to eat dinner here?’’

‘’You eat dinner already? But it’s still too early for dinner!’’

Sehun looked at him weirdly, ‘’It’s already 6.30 PM..?’’

‘’WHAT?!’’ Luhan’s eyes widened in surprise. ‘’Oh my god, I’m sorry I have to go!’’

‘’But… There isn’t any car at your house so your parents aren’t home.’’

‘’Yeah I know but my sister is there! I have to go make dinner sorry! Well actually we didn’t even decide on how long the tutoring sessions will last so.. But we’ll continue Thursday. You did really great today, I thought it would be a lot harder! So… see you tomorrow?’’

‘’Alright, then go to your house, and you should rest a little, I think you have a fever.’’

‘’Oh, okay, bye!’’

And Luhan went out of the house and hurried to his own house. When he passed the doorway, his sister was already jumping in his arms.

‘’Oppa! Where were you?? I thought Oppa abandoned me, or oppa was dead!’’ His sister was almost crying in his arms.

‘’Hey calm down, Oppa is here and I’m alive. I was just at the house next door.’’

Luhan put his sister down to go in the kitchen and start making dinner, knowing Eunhee would follow him.

‘’But… Why you were at the neighbor’s house? You went to the wrong door?’’ His sister looked adorably confused and Luhan laughed at her.

‘’No I’m not this lost! Actually, our neighbor is Sehun.’’

‘’Woah you were at his house?! But you told me it would take time! I want to see him!’’ His sister was now all excited.
‘’Yeah but it’s only to help him with Mathematics, it’s not a friendly visit, you know? But I promise you’ll see him one day, alright?’’ His sister nodded, content with this answer.

 

The dinner was finally done and Luhan took a shower to let his whole day run down with the water. He was feeling totally exhausted and decided that his bed looked very much welcoming. He closed the curtains of his bedroom’s window but decided to take a quick look at Sehun’s room. Unfortunately the lights were off so he didn’t get to see anything. As he settled on his bed, he remembered his whole day. It had been a pretty weird day indeed. There was the seductive act, than there was the incident he tried to forget, there was the embarrassment that followed soon after and there was the little ‘fight’ with Kai. Then the awkwardness with Sehun and after that, he found out Sehun was his neighbor. And finally, he was at ease and he has to admit he had quite some fun to be Sehun’s tutor. And the goodbyes and… oh. Luhan just remembered that Sehun said he probably had a fever, he should take his temperature! But… Luhan didn’t feel like he had a fever at all, he felt totally fine beside the fact he was tired. And how could have Sehun saw that he had a fever? Aahh he probably just imagined things.

Luhan was alright with this conclusion, until the sentence-that-should-never-be-repeated-or-Luhan-will-start-crying sounded in his head. And then, ‘I think you have a fever’… OH. MY. GOD. Sehun was referring to the pickup line it’s freaking sure! Wow Luhan was totally slow mentally today because it was really obvious. But then… it means Sehun was mocking him! And Luhan that thought the other had already forgotten the pickup line! Luhan had stopped feeling the awkward atmosphere and Sehun had to be mocking him! Wow that’s bad.

But… then it hit Luhan that maybe, maybe, the brown haired guy had been insinuating that he was hot, because that’s what the sentence meant in the first place… OH. MY. ING. GOD. Of course Luhan didn’t know if it was really why Sehun said that… but it doesn’t stop him from starting jumping and dancing on his bed right now. Like literally.

But his head hit the ceiling and he fell on his bed again. Well, let’s just say it was a message from his ceiling that it was time to sleep now.

So Luhan settled himself comfortably in his bed and sleep came to him as soon as his head hit the pillow, filling his head with magical dreams…

 

------------------------------

Helloooooooo!! ^o^

Here's another chapter, I hope you like it!!

I thought it would take me more time because I am getting busier but... I REACHED 100 SUBSCRIBERS WOOHOO! xD So yeah, it gave me the will to write :P

Seriously you guys are so amazing! I never thought I would get 100 subscribers with this story and I don't even know why you like what I write... But I love you all for doing so!!! <3 <3 <3

Please leave me comments!!! :D