Thirty

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

Sehun sighed, again. He couldn’t sleep and he couldn’t stop thinking at all. It had been three days since Luhan confessed to him and during these days they had shared a few (or a lot?) of kisses. When they were left alone in a class after the bell rang Luhan would give him a quick (but sometimes a long) kiss before exiting the room with a blush on his face (which was the cutest thing ever by the way), when they were in a tutoring session Luhan would kiss him out of the blue, and even Sehun, sometimes, would be the one to kiss the other when the desire was just too much. Basically, they would kiss whenever they were alone and damn it was doing weird things to Sehun’s insides! He would feel all weird and happy and he didn’t want that! It made him even more confused and it made him think and Sehun did not want to think. The words “I’m giving you my heart and I trust you to take care of it” had been replaying in his head again and again. Sehun still hadn’t confessed to his crush and he was a bit confused. Should he confess too? He knew for a fact that he liked Luhan, there was no point in doubting there, but… could he trust the older guy? Maybe he was only playing with his heart, after all that was his first purpose (the bet). Maybe Luhan just wanted him to give him his trust so that he can stab Sehun in the back later. Maybe he won’t like Sehun anymore if the guy loses his handsomeness! Ugh Sehun has so many insecurities… Sometimes he thinks he should just stop thinking too much and just live, do what he wants to do without thinking about consequences. But this was much easier said than done. It sounded so easy, but when you’ve already been hurt, you know it’s naïve to give just anybody the power to hurt you.

But Luhan isn’t just anybody.

Yeah, that is true, Luhan is very special, he isn’t like anybody else, and Sehun can trust Luhan. So why doesn’t he confess back already?

Sehun sighed, it was complicated. But was it, really?

When Luhan had confessed to him, he had thought he wasn’t ready to get in a relationship, he wasn’t ready to trust Luhan that much, he just wasn’t ready. And he thought that he just needed a little bit more of trust between him and Luhan, he needed a proof that Luhan trusted him back. But then Luhan had said that sentence and since that time it played with Sehun’s mind. Because that’s exactly what he was waiting for! Luhan trusted him a whole lot, he trusted him with his heart, and that was the only thing Sehun needed more. So why didn’t he just confess back?

He hated to admit it, but he was pretty sure it was because he was scared. He was scared of what actually? He wasn’t quite sure. Of course there was the insecurity coming with trusting somebody, there was probably just the fact that he had never done anything like confessing to someone, it was new and thus it was scary. The real problem, he realized, was that he was scared of getting out of his comfort zone.

Sehun hit his head on his mattress repeatedly. He was so stupid! He didn’t confess to Luhan because he didn’t want to get out of his comfort zone, is there a more lame excuse than that? And because he was scared and insecure and stupid, Luhan was waiting for him, probably hurt that his feelings aren’t reciprocated! Ugh Stupid Sehun. Today, he has to confess to Luhan, so they can live happily ever after! There’s nothing to be scared of, since Luhan already told him he liked him (and it was the sweetest thing ever, Sehun fangirls every time he thinks about it agdfajdfsjkhsa) he knows everything will go well.

But now, the more he thinks about it and the more he wants to tell Luhan, he needs to tell him! Okay, yes he is super nervous but he still has to confess. But when can he do that? At school? That’s like the least romantic thing ever - no, Sehun wouldn’t call himself a romantic, but he can’t be super cheap when Luhan confessed to him under the stars! But he works at the coffee shop after school… He would have to do this after his work then? But that’s in such a loooong time! He won’t be able to wait until then. Sehun sighed, I guess he will have to be patient anyway.

With that decided, the young man could finally drift off to sleep.

 

~~~~~

 

Sehun got to school at around the same time as usual and he walked towards his locker to take his things for his first class. He could see Luhan and Xiumin laughing at the latter’s locker and he pouted mentally when the Chinese guy didn’t even notice him. He was probably too absorbed in his conversation with his best friend. He rolled his eyes as Xiumin pinched Luhan’s cheeks. He knew they were just friends and Xiumin had a boyfriend and Luhan liked him but Sehun still couldn’t get over his first impression of Xiumin which had been that he was a threat and he was trying to steal Luhan away from him. It was stupid, he knew it, and Xiumin was probably a really nice person, but he had felt so awful when seeing them act almost like lovers together… They were always smiling at each other and laughing and being all touching and Sehun had wanted to throw up everytime he saw them together because Xiumin was acting exactly like he wished he could act, he was doing things he wished he could do. But if there was one good thing that this jealousy thing had sparked, it was that it made Sehun very certain of his feelings for Luhan, there was no doubt he liked Luhan when he realized how jealous he was of his best friend. In the end, Sehun knew Xiumin was a good person and he would get over his first impression eventually because in a way Luhan’s close friendship with his best friend had been a good thing to make Luhan and Sehun move forward, Sehun could probably get along pretty well with Xiumin one day. After all, we have a common point, Sehun thought as he admired Luhan laughing, we both want Luhan to be happy.

The bell rang and when Luhan turned around to go to his locker, he noticed Sehun looking at him and he waved happily in his direction with a bright smile. Sehun waved back and smiled mentally: there was no reason to be jealous of Xiumin, because Luhan’s smile was definitely brighter when it was directed to him.

 

The morning passed by pretty quickly (they had Chemistry class and it was Sehun’s favorite class) so now it was lunch break and Sehun was sitting on the wooden floor of the dance studio, with his back leaning on the wall and his face turned toward the door. He was eating a little but mostly, he was waiting impatiently for Luhan. Before knowing Luhan, Sehun was used to eat alone every day; it didn’t feel lonely at all, he liked being alone most of the time. But since Luhan came into his life and started to eat with him, every lunch he ate alone felt lonely and like something was missing; he didn’t really like to be alone anymore, a certain someone’s presence felt a lot better than his solitary moments. So of course, he was really happy when the cute Chinese guy’s face appeared by the now opened door with a beaming expression. It felt as if the room was suddenly illuminated, alive, with the bright smile Luhan was displaying. Sehun waved at him and said a small ‘hello’ with a smile – it had felt insanely good when he decided to stop hiding his expressions to Luhan, trusting Luhan felt good.

Luhan walked to him and sat on the floor right beside him, then he turned to look at the younger with a very excited expression, “Guess what!!”

Sehun thought about what could make Luhan that excited but he didn’t know so he shrugged, “I don’t know. What?”

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol are officially dating!” The older boy almost squealed and he was practically jumping on place as he announced the new.

Sehun smiled widely, “Congratulations to them! It was about time, even to me it was obvious how they liked each other. And they’re really sweet together.”

Luhan grinned brightly, “I know right! They’re almost as cute as Kaisoo. Almost.”

Sehun chuckled and, seeing how excited Luhan was for his friends, he wondered how excited he would be when Sehun will confess to him, when they would be officially dating.

He took a moment to just look at Luhan, admiring his happy face and reveling in the beauty of his smile. He loved how caring Luhan was, how much he liked his friends to be happy and just how he was so kind. It was one of the best things about him.

Not able to refrain himself anymore, Sehun leaned toward the older guy and locked their lips together in a sweet kiss. It was brief, but it was enough for Sehun to feel his heart beat at a quick pace. Their lips lingered on each other for a while and Sehun could feel Luhan’s lips form a smile on his.

Sehun decided he would confess now. He didn’t care if the dance studio at school wasn’t as romantic as Luhan’s secret place under the starry sky, or if he had already planned to wait after his job later tonight: he was doing it now.

He leaned back a bit and looked at Luhan in the eyes – oh how he loved that glint in the other’s eyes every time they kissed – and his lips before speaking, “Luhan, I have something to tell you.”

Luhan tilted his head in curiosity and waited for Sehun to speak.

“I like you. It’s been a while since I realized it, nobody ever made me feel the way you do but I was too stupid to tell you before and I’m sorry for that. You’re the only one who cared enough to try to break my shell, and you surprisingly succeeded. I don’t even know how you did it!” Sehun chuckled. “But I’m so grateful you did. It feels good to be around you. I like your presence and I always miss you when you’re not there, it’s like a piece of me is missing. I like everything about you: your kindness, your playfulness, the way you care for everyone, the glint in your eyes, the brightness of your smile, the cuteness of your blush, the beauty of your self; totally everything in you is perfect in every way. I feel so lucky that someone as perfect as you takes interest in me – though I don’t really understand. I might not be the most expressive person out there, but I swear you make me feel so many things nobody else does! You make my heart beat fast and even though it’s strange and out of my comfort zone, I like it. I like you.”

Luhan’s smile had grown through the whole confession and he just couldn’t stop smiling so widely. Of course, it made Sehun happy and the latter couldn’t help but to smile, too. Luhan leaned in to close the distance between them and kissed the younger guy. It was sweet and full of emotions. Sehun felt like he was dreaming: he did it, he confessed to Luhan and they both liked each other and now they were kissing and just, wow. Could things get any better? Yup, yup they could, he realized.

He broke the kiss but kept his face close to Luhan’s, their breaths mixing together as they stared into each other’s eyes. “Luhan, do you… do you want to be my boyfriend?”

Sehun blushed as he asked THE question. He knew Luhan liked him back, but was he ready to make this official?

A wide smile appeared on Luhan’s beautiful face, a genuine smile that made his eyes twinkle, and that was enough for Sehun to understand. “Yes, of course I want to be your boyfriend!”

And as both guys displayed what was probably their brightest smile, they leaned in once again and smashed their lips together in a passionate kiss. Sehun’s right hand naturally found its way to Luhan’s nape while the older’s left hand entangled in Sehun’s hair. It was by far their most heated kiss they’ve ever shared and it wasn’t long until Luhan pushed his lunchbox away and pulled Sehun towards him, the latter ending on top of Luhan. They kept on kissing, tongues battling for dominance but no winner was declared. Sehun smirked for a split second and detached his lips from his boyfriend’s, at which the said boyfriend whined, and he let his lips travel to the older’s neck. He started biting and lightly on the sensitive skin, leaving perfect red marks. Perfect, because they meant Luhan is mine in Sehun’s mind and that was the closest thing he ever felt to perfection. It was the second time he marked Luhan’s skin with hickeys, but the first time it only reminded him that this was just a dare, now it was real. And it felt ing awesome. When the skin was marked enough to the younger’s liking, Sehun’s lips made their way back to Luhan’s lips and the kiss continued on for a while.

The two lovers were in their own little world, hearing nothing but their hearts beating fast. Thus they did not hear the two knocks on the door, but they totally heard the deep voice following.

“Ahem! Number 17 of the school rules: No public display of affection in the school! Detention for you two, young men.”

The two boys’ eyes widened and they both let go of each other reluctantly, they could not have a detention for PDA only five minutes after they were officially dating, could they?

No, they couldn’t. They both looked at the door to see a laughing Kai standing by the door. Sehun was relieved because that meant no detention, but at the same time he felt very embarrassed because Kai just walked in on him and Luhan kissing when they were just dating since a few minutes.

Luhan let out a frustrated grunt with a pout and threw a water bottle (the first thing he could grab) at Kai’s stupid laughing face. How could Luhan be so cute even when he was angry? Sehun didn’t understand but he loved it.

“What the hell, Kai!? It’s not even funny.”

Kai, still laughing - actually he doubled in laughter when Sehun’s water bottle (because no, it wasn’t Luhan’s) hit him – didn’t seem one bit affected by Luhan’s bad mood, “Of course it’s funny! If you saw the speed at which you guys got away from each other! And you actually thought I was the hallways supervisor omg hahahahahaha!” And he kept on laughing. Which made Sehun more and more embarrassed and made Luhan more and more pissed.

“Stop laughing! And how do you even imitate the hallways supervisor so well, uh?” Luhan asked and his friend grinned.

“Well the supervisor is kind of always seeing Kyungsoo and me in the hallways so I’m starting to know the rule number 17 pretty well!” Okay that was quite funny and Sehun could see Luhan relax a little, forgetting he was pissed two seconds ago and starting to chuckle cutely.

“But still, you guys should get a room. A dance studio is a holy place, you cannot dirty the floor with your hormones!”

Aaaaand… Luhan’s face was back to his pissed expression and Sehun was getting embarrassed – lucky he’s good at hiding his emotions or he would be blushing right now.

“Whatever.” Okay, Luhan didn’t have anything better to say and it made Sehun chuckle a little – quietly, of course. “What are you even doing here? Aren’t you eating with the guys and your ‘precious Kyungie’?” Luhan was annoyed and Sehun found it hilarious. Gotta keep the laughter in was what Sehun was saying to himself.

Kai smiled a little and looked at Sehun for what seemed like the first time since he got in the room, “I wanted to know if I could see you dance? I told my dance crew about you the other day and they were really excited to know if you would join.”

Sehun tried to keep his pokerface but he has to admit that his eyes widened a little; he really didn’t expect that. So Kai’s dance crew wanted him to join them? It would be nice, pretty cool actually! But what if he wasn’t good enough for the team? Ugh, don’t be stressed, Sehun, everything’s going to be fine!

After his little encouragement to himself, Sehun looked at Kai and smiled a tiny bit, “Yeah, okay you can watch me dance if you want, I was just going to start the music!”

Luhan looked at him and snorted as if saying like you were going to start the music and Sehun had to bite his lips not to smile widely.

Kai stood in the doorway, amused as he watched the two lovers and he rolled his eyes before entering the dance room completely and closing the door. “Are you guys official yet or..?”

Luhan blushed and turned to look at Sehun with an expression that clearly asked ‘Can I tell him?’ Sehun couldn’t stop his small smile from settling on his lips as he nodded, almost imperceptibly.

Luhan smiled widely and turned to Kai with an excited expression, “Yeah, we’re officially dating!”

Kai grinned, “Congratulations! It was about time…”

“Thank you~” Luhan replied cutely and Sehun really couldn’t contain his wide smile because Luhan’s cuteness was just too much for him. Even though he had so much experience in hiding his emotions… who could resist Luhan? And the older guy was his boyfriend now. The thought made Sehun’s lips stretch in an idiotic smile. He was aware he probably looked pretty stupid right now but he couldn’t care less as he made his way to the stereo in the corner of the room.

“So I’m going to start dancing.. If you have any things to point out or comments or tips or whatever actually you can stop me!” Sehun said to Kai with a small smile.

He could hear Luhan tell Kai, “He’s really good! My boyfriend is super talented.” And then he could hear Luhan giggle. Oh my god that was so adorable! Sehun blushed but luckily he was turned towards the stereo so nobody could see him. He the music and started dancing.

 

Lunchtime went by quickly: Sehun danced, Kai was amazed at his dancing and joined in at some point before inviting him to join his dance crew, and Luhan just sat there watching in awe as his boyfriend and his friend danced together in perfect synch even though it was the first time they danced together. He could tell the two would make an awesome dance duo.

Just before the bell rang, Kai bowed goodbye to his friends and hurried out of the room saying that he ‘had to go see his Kyungie baby before the next class’. As soon as Kai disappeared, Luhan ran to Sehun and took him in a tight hug. Sehun was surprised at first, but a wide smile soon appeared on his face and he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.

That is, before he realized he was probably disgusting from dancing and tried to push Luhan away, “Luhan, you shouldn’t hug me I’m all sweaty and disgusting.”

But the other’s hold onto him did not loosen. “I don’t care, you’re not even that sweaty.” His next sentence was so quiet, almost inaudible, “You’re just really y.” But Sehun heard it well.

He smirked, “So you think I’m y, uh?” he couldn’t see Luhan’s face since the older had his head pressed against Sehun’s shoulder but he was pretty sure the other was blushing, his cheeks turning pink in the most adorable way ever like they often did.

“Well yeah, you’re very, very y. And you’re the most y when you dance.”

Aaaaaand… now it was Sehun’s turn to blush. He was smiling really brightly though, already loving how Luhan didn’t care saying he was y and would just hug him out of nowhere like that. They should’ve started dating way before.

They stayed in the embrace for a while, but when they let go of each other, Luhan remembered something he wanted to say. “Hey I didn’t know you could get along so well with Kai? Actually I thought you disliked him…”

Sehun was a bit surprised at first, but smiled sweetly at Luhan, “You know what? You know me a lot better than I thought you did. Yes, I used to dislike him but I don’t anymore; I think he’s gotten a lot more… genuine? Honest? Since he’s going out with Kyungsoo so I like him better now, he’s cool.”

Luhan nodded with a smile (I swear the two lovers will have an aching mouth from smiling that much!), “Still about honesty, uh? Tell me, how are you so good in seeing if someone is honest or not? You’re like a professional at it!”

“Aah.. it’s kind of a long story… Your sister is coming back to your house tomorrow, right? Why don’t we go for bubble tea when I’m done with work tonight? I’ll explain that to you then.”

Luhan looked at Sehun, “You mean a date?”

Sehun chuckled, “Of course! A real, official date.”

“Who would say no to a date with Oh Sehun? Of course we can go for bubble tea!”

The two guys smiled at each other, and Luhan pecked his boyfriend’s lips before they both went to their next class with joy in their minds and excitement for their first date.

 

--------------------------------------

Yooooo~ :)

First I want to say that I AM VERY SOWWY!! I know it's been a month since I've updated and I can't even promise that this won't happen again because I have so much schoolwork and I'm a ty author so I can't seem to handle school + fanfics at the same time SOWWY!! T_T

Also, I've reached 100 000 words on my Word document for this fanfic o_O

I guess all of you guys have heard about Luhan leaving Exo... I am sad for the group but I'm actually happy for Luhan because I'm sure it's best for him :) But I want you to know that the matter won't change anything to this story lol

Aaaand, I don't know if there's a lot left to this fanfiction... There might just be a few chapters left idk..

Thank you guys for being awesome! Leave a comment to tell me what you think about the chapter or if you have any question~~~

*End of the longest author note ever omg*