Seventeen

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

Just like every morning, Luhan groaned as his alarm went off. Funny how it was one of his favorite songs, but in the morning it could still be the most annoying sound ever. Reluctantly, the boy put his feet on the floor and got up, dragging himself to the bathroom like a zombie. After taking a hot shower, putting his school uniform on and waking up his sister, he went downstairs to make breakfast: his routine.

‘’Morning Oppa!’’ Eunhee said as she entered the kitchen.

‘’Morning princess! Slept well?’’ Luhan asked with a smile.

‘’Yup! What do you make for breakfast?’’ The little girl asked as she yawned.

‘’French toasts! Will be ready in a minute.’’ Luhan replied as he shot his attention back to what he was doing.

‘’Oppa! Can I play Flappy Bird with your cellphone?? Please!’’ Eunhee pleaded and Luhan sighed, ‘’Still trying to beat my high score, are you?’’ The little girl grinned and Luhan handed her his phone. ‘’Now go play in the living room!’’

Luhan went back to the breakfast again, thinking he could be in peace. But he was wrong as the doorbell rang.

‘’Who comes here at this hour of the morning?’’ He muttered as he made his way to open the door to reveal… Oh Sehun standing in his doorway!

‘’Hum.. Hi? What are you doing here?’’ Suddenly aware that the boy in front of him was still in his pajamas, Luhan smiled at the cute bunny design.
‘’I’m really sorry to bother, but there’s no more hot water at my house and I was wondering if I could use your shower? You’re the only neighbor I know so…’’ Sehun looked a bit shy to ask and Luhan smiled, ‘’Of course, come inside, you’re not bothering at all!’’

Sehun smiled gratefully and Luhan wanted to snap a picture but that would have been kinda rude so he didn’t.

‘’You know where the bathroom is and I’ll let you find out how the shower works on your own because my French toasts will burn!’’ Luhan said as he ran to the kitchen, realizing what his words meant at the same time as he said them.

He could hear Sehun chuckle and he cursed himself for not being in front of him to see it, but his breakfast was more important right now.

When Sehun was back downstairs, Luhan smiled at him, ‘’Feeling fresher? Come sit at the table, you can have breakfast with us.’’

Sehun shook his head, ‘’Ah no, I don’t want to bother more than I already did.’’

‘’Ah come on, you’re not bothering at all and I already made too many French toasts for only me and Eunhee, so you have to stay!’’ Luhan insisted and Sehun showed a small smile and nodded.

‘’Eunhee, breakfast’s ready!!’’ Luhan shouted looking at the living room.

The little girl came into the room running looking all excited, ‘’Oppa! Do you love Sehun oppa??? You didn’t tell me you kissed!!!’’ Eunhee was yelling, looking at her brother without even realizing Sehun was there and brandishing Luhan’s cellphone, showing the background that Luhan had forgotten to change.

Luhan was panicking. He was probably going to have to kill his sister. This was the worst thing she’s ever done. And in front of Sehun. WHY?! Luhan was the least lucky person on earth. He looked at Sehun and said – maybe a little too on the defensive – ‘’This is SO not what this looks like, I swear!’’ Sehun kept his pokerface on (Luhan has no idea how) and Eunhee finally realized that her ‘’favorite oppa’’ was there.

‘’Sehun oppa!! You kissed my brother!! Does it mean you love him?’’ The little innocent girl asked and Luhan wanted to punch her (though he didn’t actually want to punch her because he would never hurt his little sister but the idea was still kind of appealing right now).

‘’Eunhee princess, this is not what it is, we did not kiss, and this doesn’t mean we love each other. Now go eat your French toasts before they’re cold.’’ Luhan said, though the first part was sad to say (Why could it not mean that they loved each other ?!)
Eunhee opened to say something, but shut it again when she saw Luhan’s brotherly authoritarian glare.

Totally embarrassed – and totally red too – Luhan turned to explain to Sehun, ‘’Ok so no, this is not me putting this as my background, this was actually the first reason why I cursed Kai yesterday during tutoring. This is all Kai’s doing, I repeat, this is all Kai’s fault! There are a whole lot too many awkward situations happening because of him but please believe me ?’’ Luhan was actually super cute asking for Sehun to believe him and the guy would have been crazy not to.

‘’It’s alright I believe you… Though I’m kinda curious as to why you didn’t change it…’’ Sehun said, obviously implying that Luhan was happy with this background – which is kinda true actually.

‘’I forgot about it and I went to sleep, please just believe me, I hate awkwardness and yesterday was enough for me!’’ Luhan was almost pleading and Sehun chuckled, ‘’Alright I believe you. Now your toasts must be cold…’’

‘’Ah ! Take a seat and eat now, we’ll be late for school!’’ Luhan went back to the kitchen and they ate in silence, like usual with Sehun.

 

The two boys decided to go to school by bus to be sure they wouldn’t be late and so they went to wait for the bus. They didn’t wait for long though and the bus arrived. Once again, Luhan walked confidently to sit with Sehun, now deciding that his was his place because he belongs next to Sehun.

Not taking the silence anymore, Luhan decided he had to do something, no matter how embarrassing. ‘’So… I really don’t want us to be awkward or anything – because even though it isn’t really obvious I can be really awkward – so I just wanted to make sure… The kinda ‘’kiss’’ wasn’t actually a kiss, it was only a pepero game and I am only really competitive alright. And I hope people actually having pictures of it doesn’t bother you because honestly I couldn’t care less personally. So yeah, I just want this to be a topic we can laugh about instead of bringing awkwardness along with it, you know? That’s it, I’m being embarrassing again, this happens way too often.’’ Luhan meant to say the last part in his head but Sehun’s chuckle told him he said it out loud. Crap. That was the cue for Luhan’s cheeks to become pink.

‘’Yeah well I can be really awkward too so you’re not the only one to blame. But really it’s fine, I was aware it wasn’t a kiss and anyway, it got us money to go to a café so I couldn’t be mad!’’ Sehun said with a smile and Luhan chuckled before smiling. Widely. He even had to bit his lips to keep himself from being too obvious. It’s as if Sehun being kinda playful and smiling was attacking Luhan with feelings. He was totally overwhelmed with all the affection he has towards Sehun and that’s all that was shown through that wide smile and the glint in his eyes. Anybody who would have looked at him right now would have known that Luhan was in love with Sehun. But hopefully, Sehun didn’t notice.

‘’Now, talking about that café… Would you like to go get some bubble tea after school?’’ Luhan asked, hoping for a yes and totally thinking of it as a date. Getting rejected for a ‘’date’’ would be bad, right?

Sehun nodded, ‘’Yeah, I’m free tonight so it would be cool! It’s been a while since I’ve last had bubble tea… I’m craving for it!’’ Luhan smiled widely, ‘’Cool!’’

This was definitely going to best the best date ever! I mean… the best.. kinda-but-not-really date ever! Just by the way Sehun replied to the question… He actually looked enthusiastic about it! That was remarkable really. And the use of a longer sentence than a simple ‘’ok’’ was also really cool for Luhan. But oh well, I guess it’s only with Sehun that you can measure the enthusiasm by the length of the sentences…

 

The bus arrived at school so they parted ways and Luhan went to join his friends.

‘’Good morning guys!!! Slept well?? Today is such a nice day!!’’ Luhan exclaimed as soon as he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Both of them looked at him like with the what-the-hell expression.

“What!?” Luhan didn’t understand what was wrong with saying good morning.

“You look… too happy. Something happened, right? You’re never that enthusiastic in the morning.” Chanyeol said as he looked at him suspiciously. Kai and Kyungsoo who just arrived hand in hand nodded in agreement and Luhan bit back a smile.

“Well… I just… you know… kinda have a date with Sehun tonight!!!” Luhan couldn’t keep down his excitement anymore and he jumped out of joy. Kyungsoo, forever the best friend, said ‘’Wooaaaaah~’’ and jumped with Luhan while all of their friends (and everybody who walked by) looked at them like they were crazy.

When they calmed down, the blond haired boy finally explained to them. ‘’Actually, it’s not officially a date but I will call it that way if I want! And well… it’s the first time we will see each other out of school for something else than tutoring so I’m pretty excited!’’

‘’Aaaah, it’s not even a date!’’ Chanyeol said while he received Luhan, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s glares.

‘’Shut up, it’s a date!’’ Luhan said and pouted.

But it didn’t last long because, as if he just suddenly woke up, he remembered something.

‘’Oh and Kai, I had to tell you something. You’re a mothering !!’’ And with these pretty words, Luhan started chasing Kai while the latter ran for his life. Luhan yelled at him while running, which was a pretty good show for people who passed by. ‘’You’re such an ! You don’t know how ing awkward you made us! And you could have used a more – I don’t know – sweet one! That was some naughty pick-up line you chose and I hate you even more! And my little sister saw my phone background and thought we were in love and ugh!!! Stop running and let me kill you slowly and painfully like you deserve!!!’’ With all the people watching them, no doubt there would be videos of that on Facebook that night!

Both guys were pretty good at running so it took a while before anything happened. It seems that Kai had a good idea for once as he locked himself in an empty classroom. Which meant Luhan had absolutely no way of getting him now. With a sigh, and a bit panting, Luhan went back to his friends who all looked at him like he was crazy.

‘’What? Ok, Kai texted a pick-up line to Sehun with my cellphone and he also changed my background picture and that made us reeeeaaaaally awkward. End of the story. Now that the is gone, can we talk about something else?’’ Luhan said innocently as if he didn’t just want to kill somebody.

His friends went out of their frozen state and nodded.

‘’Oh I almost forgot… Can you please please please help me with Sehun??? I need advice! And if I’m going to our date tonight.. it’s urgent!’’ Luhan asked, panicked. He was pretty proud of his improvement with Sehun but he was still afraid of stopping there and seeing his improvement disappear. No matter how confident Luhan could be, he could also doubt himself a lot sometimes.

‘’Well I think you should really try to make him talk more and be less shy.’’ That was Baekhyun’s advice. Like really?!
‘’No ! That’s what I’m trying to do from the start! You could find a better advice.’’ Luhan replied, rolling his eyes.

Kyungsoo tried too, ‘’Maybe you could try to be over-attentive whenever something involves him and try your best to learn the most you can about him..?’’

Luhan nodded slowly, ‘’Yeah… I guess I could try harder to know more about him but honestly, I’m already super attentive whenever I hear his name or he’s around so I don’t really know what to do…’’

‘’You should use skinship! You love skinship and it would be kind of your silent kind of flirting!’’ Chanyeol’s idea. Finally, asking his friends for advice didn’t really get anywhere. At least that’s what he thought before Baekhyun clapped his hands loudly.

‘’Wait! I have the best idea!!! You should… drum rolls please…. Make him jealous! They all do that in movies and it works everytime! It’s a super great way to make him realize his affection for you and also to make him make the first move because he is scared of losing you! This is genius!’’ Luhan nodded pensively. This could work, this could definitely work! Actually, no, this wouldn’t work, Sehun didn’t care enough… But maybe he did and this was the way to make him show it? But maybe it was all useless… Ugh! Luhan was confused! So many different thoughts, he didn’t know what to think anymore!

Stopping him from thinking too much complicated thoughts, the bell rang.
‘’Thanks for the advice Baek, see ya!’’ And he hurried to his locker to get his things for the first class.

The morning passed relatively quickly. During all the classes (other than Biology, because Biology was actually interesting), Luhan was thinking of ways to improve with Sehun. Baekhyun’s idea didn’t seem so bad, but he didn’t have anybody to make him jealous with. So even after the hours he spent thinking about it, Luhan still came up with nothing. Sigh, it is hard to like someone! You have to actually make him like you back and that is hard and confusing!

Before Sehun could exit the class they were in, he hurried to him, because he had one (and sadly only one) idea!

‘’Hey! I wanted to say I am not going to eat in the dance studio today.’’ Sehun nodded with his usual pokerface, ‘’Ok, well see you later then.’’ He was going to walk away but Luhan called him again. ‘’Wait! I thought you could come eat with me and my friends..? They’re really cool – they’re stupid but they’re nice – and it would be cool if you came to chill with us!’’ Yup, that was the only idea Luhan got in 3 hours of thinking. Something must be off in his brain.

He could see the hesitation on Sehun’s face so he did the best cute pleading look he could muster. Seems like it worked because Sehun sighed, ‘’Fine, I’ll go eat with you. But I’m bad at socializing…’’ The younger said, almost pouting and Luhan smiled in victory. He took Sehun’s arm and dragged him with him, ‘’Yaaay! Now come on, we need to hurry if we want to have a place!’’

When they arrived at the cafeteria, Luhan’s friends looked at them in surprise: they obviously didn’t expect Sehun to come eat with them!

‘’Hi guys! Sehun is eating with us today! I hope you don’t mind but then I know you don’t so aight!’’ Luhan said enthusiastically as he came to the table and all his friends chuckled and said hi to Sehun.

They started eating and talking casually and everything was perfect for Sehun since he could just sit and listen to the conversations. But of course, nothing goes right like Luhan predict, something always has to happen and like most of the times, Luhan’s friends are the problem.

‘’So hey Sehun! How do you feel about being one of the most popular guy’s friend? Feels nice?’’ Sehun took a moment than nodded, uncertain.

Luhan sighed and rolled his eyes, ‘’Guys, let him eat in peace, he won’t ever come eat with us again if you scare him with your selves.’’

Baekhyun seemed offended, ‘’Well that was not really nice! But he is here, we have to take the opportunity to talk to him!’’

All his friends nodded and Luhan sighed in defeat. He turned to Sehun and muttered a ‘’sorry’’, already knowing what was coming would be bad.

‘’So! How does it feel to know every student in this school has a photo of you and Luhan kissing? Oh no, better question: How do Luhan’s lips taste?’’

‘’Did you know it was his first kiss? He was all flustered and-‘’

‘’SHUT UP!’’ Luhan yelled and pouted, ‘’This is not funny.’’ Maybe he hallucinated but he thought he saw a little smile on Sehun’s lips.

‘’Hey I heard you guys are having a date after school today!’’ Kai said mischievously.

Luhan yelled, ‘’It’s NOT a date!!!’’ and hid his face in his hands again because damn, his friends are so embarrassing.

‘’Oh well, that’s not what you said this morn-‘’
‘’Will you SHUT UP?!’’ Luhan was almost panicking. After thinking an idea for three hours, how could he not realize that this was not going to end well? How could he not predict that his friends would embarrass him?

Suddenly, a voice came from somewhere in the cafeteria and most people turned their heads at the voice, ‘’LUHAN!!!’’

When Luhan spotted the person how called him, he smiled widely and ran to the direction of the guy, ‘’XIUMIN!!!’’ Both guys hugged tightly. It had been years since they had last seen each other and they were best friends.

After the bones crushing hug, Luhan and Xiumin went to sit at the table.

‘’Hey guys! I would present you Xiumin but you all have seen him already. But Sehun, this is Xiumin and Xiumin this is Sehun! Sehun is my new friend I talked to you about.’’ Xiumin looked at Luhan with a knowing smile and Luhan gave him the shut-the-hell-up look. ‘’And Xiumin was my best friend but he ditched me to go to China for two ing years so basically he’s as much of an as my other friends you see here.’’ Luhan announced with a wide smile while all his friends glared at him.

‘’You say we are going to scare Sehun away but you’re the one saying we are s since he’s come here, if we scare him away the blame’s on you!’’ Chanyeol said and while everyone agreed, Luhan rolled his eyes and Sehun half-smiled.

‘’Whatever. So, Xiumin, how have you been?’’

They mostly spent what was left of lunchtime talking with Xiumin and asking what was new and what brought him here. They had a lot of fun and Luhan smiled when he noticed that even Sehun looked like he enjoyed being with them. This really made him feel all warm inside because if Sehun became comfortable with his friends that was really great. It was probably one of the most important things Luhan needed from a lover: he has to appreciate his friends.

When the bell rang and Luhan gave a hug to Xiumin before he left the school, Baekhyun’s words from the morning rang in his head and he smiled mischievously. That, was a real good idea… He was going to make Sehun jealous… with the help of his best friend. 

 

-------------------------------

Hey guys!! I AM BACK!!! xD
Ok so I know this took me really long to update but I had just so many things to do, and a LOT of homework and I wanted to write a one shot request before but I couldn't resist updating this story so here I am (I am sorry for the person who requested a one shot, I swear I'm trying to write it when I can)! I will have more time to write during March break though :3

I am not really satisfied with this chapter... but I really wanted to update before going to bed! :) And we see Xiumin, YAAAAY!! :P

Ok someone commented that they would like it if I wrote a chapter from Sehun's POV so I was wondering if any of you would like it too? I'm not sure if I will, but I'd like to know your opinion! :)

I love you guys!