Four

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

The 5 friends arrived at Kyungsoo’s workplace and they took a seat on a booth somewhere near the entrance of the café. Kyungsoo went in the employee’s room to change in his uniform and greet his co-workers. He came back in the front and took his friends’ orders and went to bring them. When he came to sit with them at their table (there weren’t many customers so he could sit with them from time to time), Luhan decided to bring the topic that was filling and ing up his mind. Oh Sehun.

‘’Guys… I know you’re thinking it’s funny and but I’m serious about this ok. I’m so confused right now. Yesterday he talked to me and even agreed to eat with me. But then today… He just ignored me and I have absolutely no idea why! Ugh it’s frustrating!’’ As soon as he said ‘I’m serious’ his 4 friends were now all looking at him without the hint of a laugh on their faces and only this managed to make Luhan feel a little better – only a little though. He knew that even though they were always mocking him and things like that, they actually cared for him and it made him thankful for having such wonderful friends. Okay, enough of these emotional thoughts about his friends, let’s get back to the point. Everyone seemed to think about what to say for a while and Kyungsoo was the first one to speak, ‘’Well, I don’t know what made him act different today but since I wasn’t with you two, I can’t really know. You should probably think if you can see anything you could have done that made him change his attitude towards you.’’ All these wise words from Mama Kyungsoo made Luhan think even harder about this – because he had been thinking of it since the incident, if you could call it that – but he really couldn’t see anything he had done wrong. ‘’I really don’t know… I can’t find something that could have been a wrong move.’’ Kyungsoo nodded and Chanyeol, not able to stand the serious atmosphere anymore, said, ‘’Well maybe he was only nice with you since you bought him food. I’d be the nicest person ever for free food!’’ A chuckle escaped Luhan’s lips and a little smile settled on everyone’s lips; Chanyeol had succeeded.

‘’But why is it so bad? I mean you don’t have to eat with him and all to make him fall for you. Just try some seducing tricks and he’ll probably be wrapped around your finger in no time’’ This was Baekhyun’s advice but Luhan couldn’t help but feel that it wouldn’t be so simple with Sehun. ‘’It’s not that easy with him and the first step of my plan is to become his friend so…’’

‘’What?!’’ Kai exclaimed. ‘’I mean, sorry but that’s such a lame plan! You can’t just become his best friend first and then, try to seduce him!’’ Everybody at the table nodded in agreement and Luhan just gave them all a confused look. ‘’But… why?’’

Baekhyun was the one to answer this time, ‘’Oh my God Luhan you’re so innocent! If you’re friendly and all, it’ll give him the feeling that you only want to get involved with him in being friends. Which, I remind you, isn’t what you want.’’ Before Luhan even had the time to register his friend’s words, Kai continued. ‘’And if you succeed in becoming his friend, then it’ll be harder to seduce him because there is high chance of being friendzoned and there is also the chance of you not wanting to lose his friendship and up your ‘mission’ ’’ Luhan only nodded because he needed time to register all that information but he already knew it made perfect sense. ‘’Okay but… what should I do then?’’

Kai smirked, ‘’I don’t know if I should give you advice since I’m helping you in winning a bet that I made but I’m too much of a great friend for that.’’ He winked and everyone – mostly Luhan – rolled their eyes. ‘’I would say that you approach him more seductively then friendly so he gets the hint that you don’t want him to be a friend.  You could come up to him with a pickup line or something. And try to be as seductive as you can in front of him.’’ The only idea of a pickup line leaving his own mouth disgusted Luhan. It really wasn’t his genre to do that. But being seductive, he could manage that.

He nodded and the conversation kinda came to an end as Kyungsoo got up because of some customers entering the coffee shop. The friends chatted and laughed and a cup slipped out of Luhan’s hands and thus broke in pieces. Luhan was always the clumsy one and most people found it adorable, but his friends usually just found it funny. But as Luhan was cleaning the mess he made and his gaze was directed toward the floor, he didn’t see Kyungsoo coming to him with a kind of warning look on his face and mouthing, ‘He’s coming!’. But soon, Luhan saw feet right in front of him, but he didn’t look up. It’s only when the person’s hands were now helping him to clean the mess he made that he looked up. And he saw the most handsome face on Earth. Oh my god did I really think that?! Anyway, right in front of his face was Oh Sehun. And after a moment of being frozen on the spot – don’t ask him why he was because he didn’t know himself, it just clearly couldn’t be because of Sehun’s handsomeness, no way – he realised that the other had finished cleaning up and was handing him the broken pieces. Luhan blinked at him repeatedly, still kinda confused, or in admiration, or both and he realized the proximity of the other’s face. He quickly took the pieces and got up, and then realised that the emotionless beautiful face in front of him had just helped him, ‘’Hum.. T-Thank you! You r-really didn’t have to d-do that!’’ Oh. My. God. Was that Luhan stuttering? Since when does Luhan stutter? Luhan never stutters. He was always confident. And you just have to look at his friends’ shocked expression to know that I’m not kidding. They were all looking at him with wide eyes – and Kyungsoo’s eyes were even wider than usual! -  and even Luhan had a kind of horrified expression. Sehun just nodded at him, not seeming to notice the weird expressions everyone were showing. After a moment of thinking of what to say, Luhan finally found the right idea, ‘’Hum yeah I don’t think I have introduced you to my friends yet, right? This is…’’ Luhan turned to point at his friends but found the table empty. His friends had flee from him! But where could they have gone? Oh well, it’s not like it matters because he’s making a fool of himself in front of Oh Sehun right now

‘’Well I guess it’ll be for another time then… Hum.. what were you doing here?’’ Stupid question! What do you think he’s doing in a coffee shop, Luhan? Ugh, nothing smarter can come out of this mouth today!

‘’I was coming to drink something after school…’’ Expected answer. Luhan smiled, ‘’Oh me too! Since my friends left me alone I guess we can sit together!... Well that’s only if you want to, of course.’’ Luhan never knew what to expect from Oh Sehun so he wasn’t particularly waiting for a yes or a no. Any answer would be alright with him and even though a yes would probably be confusing, that was what he was hoping for.

‘’Yeah sure, why not.’’ Wow, Sehun actually used 4 words for something that could have been said in only one word; that was probably a record or something! Anyway, Luhan smiled at him and went to the table his friends were once sat at. He called for Kyungsoo to come take Sehun’s order and he did. The wide eyed boy seemed surprised or amazed (or maybe it’s just his wide eyes that gave this impression) to see that Sehun sat with his friend, but he took his order like he normally would with any customer anyway. 

Luhan had to think fast to try to find something to say because he absolutely hated awkward silences.

‘’So… You’re new in the city. Where were you before?’’ Okay so this was a start of a conversation at least. Luhan could only hope that Sehun would do his part in it because a conversation technically isn’t supposed to be with only one person talking.

‘’I was living with my dad and moved with my mom recently.’’

‘’Where you living far from here?’’

‘’1 hour.’’

‘’Oh that’s nice! And why did you move?’’

‘’I wanted to.’’ Okay this wasn’t actually what Luhan had in mind when he said having a conversation. Because Sehun clearly wasn’t making any effort to keep the conversation going anyway and he only tried to say the least words possible. Luhan didn’t know if he should just stop to try conversing or if he should try to find something interesting to say instead.

‘’Hm… You’re drinking tea?’’ What a lame question Luhan! You’re so going to make him think you’re boring if you continue like that!

But strangely, it seemed to be a right thing to say. ‘’Yeah. I don’t like coffee but I’ve always loved tea. My mother makes the best tea in the world and I guess that’s why I like it so much.’’ Wow, interesting how much he could say about tea! This answer was longer than the 3 previous ones put together!

‘’And what’s your favorite kind of tea ?’’ If he’s so interested in it, better keep him in the topic.

‘’I honestly like every kind and flavour. But I really really like lemon tea!’’ Could someone’s words sound enthusiastic while his face stays emotionless? Yes, yes it could.

‘’Lemon tea is great! But I have to admit that personally, I mostly drink bubble tea.’’ Luhan didn’t know much about tea but bubble tea could probably be counted as one of his passions because he loved it so damn much!

‘’Really? Me too! Bubble tea is like the best thing that’s ever been created in this whole world! It’s so delicious!!’’ Oh yes, finally a point they have in common!

‘’I know right! We should go drink bubble tea together sometime, it would be nice!’’ Luhan smiled joyously at Sehun. But the other didn’t answer though but Luhan didn’t mind. Now that the awkward atmosphere was kept away, Luhan chatted happily about this and that and Sehun answered from time to time. They had finished their drinks and it was time to go so they both got up and walked toward the exit but Luhan saw that his friends were seated at another corner of the café, hence why he didn’t know where they were when he was with Sehun. He saw that they were getting up too, and they didn’t seem to notice Luhan and Sehun. The three of them went to the counter – and almost bumped into Luhan before realising he was there and they went to say good bye to Kyungsoo who was still working. Luhan felt something was weird with Kaisoo today but he couldn’t quite tell what. But now that Kai went up to Kyungsoo, Luhan realised that he hadn’t heard the pickup line of the day and it was coming right now.

‘’Hey Kyungsoo! Did you sit in a pile of sugar?’’ The wide eyed boy looked at him with a confused look, ‘’No, why?’’

Kai smirked, ‘’Because you have a pretty sweet .’’ Kyungsoo’s face immediately turned red and he tried to hide the evident blush on his face, ‘’Y-yaah! Just get out of the coffee shop already, I have other customers!’’ Everyone looked around to see the non-existent customers and they all laughed at him before saying goodbye.

Everyone went their ways, Kai went in a direction, Baekhyun and the smiling giant went in another and Luhan went in the same direction as Sehun. Hm, nice to know that he was living near the same place Sehun was.

‘’Hm.. So I guess you kind of met Kai now! He’s always like that but he is a really nice person when you get to know him. He just likes to play around.’’

Sehun nodded but didn’t say anything.

‘’I’ll introduce you to the others one day if you want to, they’re all really nice!’’

Another nod.

 

After a little while of walking side by side in silence, Sehun stopped and started walking towards a little store. Luhan stopped walking when he noticed that and he turned to him. ‘’What are you doing?’’

‘’Going in a store.’’ No really?

‘’Why are you not going home?’’

‘’Because I’m going in a store, obviously.’’ Yeah.. Stupid question Luhan.

‘’Oh… Well it was nice to spend time with you again. See you on Monday, I guess.’’ Luhan smiled his brightest smile at the other.

‘’Yeah, see you.’’ And Sehun entered the store.

 

Luhan was now walking with great confusion on his way home. Sehun had ignored him the first time he tried to talk to him, then he had eaten with him and he ignored him after that but now he was talking to him again. That was so weird and confusing and Luhan really couldn’t understand the other’s actions. But he guessed it was just another mystery of Oh Sehun. But what was making Luhan the most confused was… Why does it bother him so much?

 

------------------------------------------------

Hello!! ^o^ Here's the 4th chapter!!

I want to thank you all for the comments, subscribes, comments, upvotes and comments!! (I love comments xP) But really I didn't think anybody would subscribe to this story... I love you all!!!

And if you want to know about the results of the poll, a lot of you don't care and a lot want Kaisoo and Baekyeol too! But, there are still some of you who don't want other OTPs... So I will write this Kaisoo idea that can't get out of my head and that will be all for now.. :)

Tell me what you think of the chapter!! :D