Three

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

Luhan woke up with the sound of a car leaving the driveway of his house and he sighed. His parents were already going to work and he didn’t even get to see them yesterday because they came home after he was asleep. It must be about a week since he didn’t even see his parents and even though he didn’t quite like it, he was mostly worried about Eunhee. His little sister was young and it probably wasn’t the best thing for her that she couldn’t even see her parents; kids needed the presence of their parents to raise them. But at least Luhan was there to take care of her, and she always said she liked to be with her brother.

Luhan got up even though his alarm hadn’t rang yet; when he was awake he couldn’t fall asleep again anyway. He went to the bathroom and took a long hot shower. It was probably the best advantage of getting up early, he could take a longer shower than usual. He dried himself with a towel and changed in his school uniform and he went downstairs to make breakfast. While the breakfast was in the stove, Luhan went to his sister’s room and sat on the edge of her bed. He let his fingers gently caress her hair and he softly told her to get up. The little girl turned a little in her bed and her eyes fluttered open, she yawned and rubbed her eyes sleepily. Her eyes landed on Luhan and a sleepy smile found its way to her lips.

‘’Good morning Oppa!’’

‘’Morning princess! It’s time to get up if you don’t want to be late for school. I’ve cooked breakfast, I’ll wait for you downstairs ok?’’ The little girl nodded and Luhan went out of the room.

After his sister and he ate, he left the house to walk to school, the bus stops in front of his house to take her sister so he didn’t have to worry about her. This morning, he was confused; he didn’t really know what to except of today. Maybe he would talk with Sehun and be friends and eat together at the cafeteria… Or maybe he wouldn’t even have any class with him and wouldn’t see him other than at lunch. Luhan sighed. He was still at the first step of his mission, befriending him, and he wasn’t sure how long it would take. It’s not that Luhan was doubting his ability to make the other fall for him, he just wasn’t sure of the time he would need.

The school finally came in Luhan’s view and he entered the school, walking to his locker. He was later than usual – nobody knows how he manages to be later on the mornings he wakes up earlier – and his friends weren’t at their usual bench. So he took his things for Biology and went to the classroom. Just as he expected, his friends were already in there so he went to sit with them. Just as he sat on the chair, the bell rang and the teacher walked in. So he just waved at his friends and mouthed ‘good morning’ to them.

The period went by quickly and Luhan lazily got off his seat to leave the classroom as the bell rang. His locker wasn’t in the same direction as any of his friends’ so he left them and took his things for Literature class and he went there. He watched every person that entered the classroom because he didn’t know if he shared this class with Sehun. Actually the only classes he knew he had with the boy was History and Mathematics and he wasn’t sure if there was other classes. Unfortunately, the brown haired guy didn’t show up in the classroom and Luhan pouted without even knowing. He listened to the teacher during the entire period and glanced often at the clock on the blue wall. Time wasn’t going by fast, but then again, when does it when you’re in class? After what felt like eternity, the bell finally rang and Luhan went out of the room quickly.

When he arrived at their usual table at the cafeteria – not without looking everywhere in case he saw Sehun – there was only Kai and Kyungsoo that were already there and he saw Kyungsoo making even wider eyes than usual at Kai.

‘’I can’t believe you actually said that to a teacher. A teacher!’’  Kyungsoo exclaimed.

‘’Well, it’s not like she is ugly, she’s young and good-looking! I couldn’t miss the opportunity.’’ Kyungsoo looked disapproving and a little frustrated at Kai’s answer (or maybe just at Kai).

Luhan’s curiosity got the best of him and he finally asked what he wanted to. ‘’Hmm, what happened?’’

Kyungsoo answered him first, ‘’Kai is being his usual idiot self and used one of his pickup lines on our Chemistry teacher.’’

‘’Hey! It wasn’t idiot okay, it was just fun. Besides you have to admit that my pickup line was pretty good for a Chemistry teacher.’’

‘’Okay Kai, what did you say to her exactly?’ Luhan’s curiosity was growing and he was sure something quite funny and stupid would come out of Kai’s mouth.

‘’I said, ‘I bet you're like calcium bicarbonate - if I get you wet, the reaction will be explosive!’… But she gave me detention after school today.’’ Kai seemed really proud of his action and Luhan just facepalmed. ‘’Oh my God Kai, you really are an idiot.’’

‘’Why are you all saying I am an idiot, I am a genius to think of something like that!’’ Kyungsoo and Luhan just rolled their eyes and they saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun arriving at the table.

The two newcomers were told what Kai did and they facepalmed while saying ‘idiot’ to which Kai was frustrated. Luhan wasn’t really interested in the conversation at the table because he was eyeing the whole cafeteria to try to spot Sehun somewhere. After a moment of searching and not founding anyone, Luhan remembered that when he had bumped into Sehun, the latter was going in the opposite way of the cafeteria, so he must not eat there. Luhan wondered where he could possibly go and thought that, maybe, he could follow him there sometime.

‘’LUHAN!!!’’ Luhan jumped a little (okay, a lot) and snapped out if his thoughts at the deep voice that was yelling his name. He looked like a lost deer looking everywhere around him, clearly confused until he saw all of his friends starting to laugh at him.

‘’Oh my god hahahaha, sorry I didn’t mean to scare you but hahahaha you should have seen your face hahahaha.’’ Luhan hit Chanyeol’s arm, faking anger, ‘’Stop laughing at me, and never do that again!’’

After the laughter slowly faded, Kyungsoo talked, ‘’Well, before Chanyeol let us hear his incredibly loud voice, we were asking you about Sehun.’’

‘’Oh.’’ Was all that left Luhan’s mouth. He seemed to think for a while before a wide grin appeared on his face. ‘’Well we ate together and he actually talked to me. I don’t know if you understand guys but I heard his voice!! I’m almost sure nobody else in the school have and I’m not even kidding! So yeah, it went pretty well, I guess.’’ Everybody at the table, besides Kai, smiled at him and congratulated him. Kai, though, kept his playful side, like usual, ‘’Wow, you’ve been able to talk to him, it’s sure he’s already head over heels for you!’’ He teased with a sarcasm filled voice but he was obviously retaining a laughter.

‘’Yah!’’ Luhan hit his shoulder, ‘’That’s way better than being ignored isn’t it?’’ He teased and Kai let his defiant gaze fall, showing Luhan he was right.

‘’Hey!’’ Baekhyun suddenly exclaimed, ‘’We should go to a movie after school!’’ Yes, that was totally random given the conversation they were in, but Baekhyun was always the one to start talking about a completely different topic out of nowhere like that.

‘’Hmm, well you guys can go but I have to work tonight.’’ Everyone nodded in understanding at Kyungsoo but Kai had an idea, ‘’Well, we should just all go to work with you then! Of course you’ll be working but we’ll all be hanging out together!’’ Everyone agreed so it was decided that they were to walk at Kyungsoo’s work – a little café not too far from the school – and they would spend some time there.

They went to their two remaining periods of the afternoon. Luhan didn’t learn much in the first one. Well, the only thing he learned is that you shouldn’t take a nap on your open book if you tend to sleep with your mouth open because some drool might get in your books.

The second period promised to be interesting though (and probably embarrassing too) since all of his friends, plus Sehun, were in his Math class. When he entered the room, he noticed that the pokerfaced boy wasn’t there yet and he went to sit with Chanyeol and Baekhyun since Kyungsoo and Kai hadn’t arrived yet. The two were talking about an incident that happened in their previous class. To what they told Luhan, a guy had come to Baekhyun and had slapped his . Baekhyun was so surprised that he didn’t even react, but Chanyeol was always getting protective over his friends and would always stand up for them, and he tended to be even kind of over protective when it came to Baekhyun. So Chanyeol had jumped off his chair immediately and menacingly told the guy to stay away from Baekhyun. The boy retorted something that clearly meant he didn’t take Chanyeol seriously and didn’t give a of his threat. So Chanyeol’s fist just kind of collided with the guy’s cheek before Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun back to their seats.

‘’Wow Baekhyun, you seem to have a guardian in shining armor!’’ A soft pink crept to Baekhyun’s face and he tried (because it really was just trying) to glare at the older but it just wasn’t anything near menacing at all.

‘’No but really, it’s a great thing that you were with Chanyeol because you wouldn’t be able to stand up for yourself.’’ Luhan gave a thumbs up to Chanyeol and the tall boy grinned in reply. Kaisoo (because yes, the friends had named this in-denial-stage couple Kaisoo, even though they both weren’t aware of their nickname) showed up just then and only a few minutes later, the awaited boy (well at least in Luhan’s case) stepped in the classroom.

Luhan smiled in Sehun’s direction and waved at him, greeting him with a joyful ‘Hello!’. But the other boy just went to his seat without any reaction, not even a slight glance in the older’s direction; it was just as if he hadn’t even been aware of Luhan’s actions. Luhan felt frustration bubbling in him and the fact that it felt so much like the day before made him probably even more frustrated. Curiously though, there was also a bit of something near sadness mixing with the frustration. Luhan knew they weren’t friends, but they had talked with each other, Sehun could have at least looked at him! Or maybe… Did Sehun really hated his company that much yesterday? A slight pout appeared on Luhan’s lips without him being even aware of it (it seemed that it happened often). Unfortunately, his friends didn’t miss what happened and soon, 4 idiots started laughing.

‘’WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?!’’ Ok maybe that wasn’t the best thing Luhan could have done… Now every student’s attention – except for Sehun’s - was on him and it only caused his friends to laugh even louder. His friends’ laughter was now the only sound filling the otherwise quiet room and embarrassment was starting to be added to the already many feelings Luhan had at the moment. A light pink crept on the boy’s face and he just couldn’t find any other thing to do to stop the awkward atmosphere other than to yell again, ‘’WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT?!’’ Okay so maybe it made things even more awkward but at least they weren’t looking at him anymore. Luhan now turned to his friends and after a long while, their laughter finally started to die down.

To no one’s surprise, Kai was the first to speak and he mocked Luhan, in a high-pitched voice ‘’Oh my God, he talked to me! It’s way better than being ignored!’’ Luhan hit Kai on the arm (he hit Kai pretty often when we think about it) and he pouted (again). ‘’If you’re going to mock me, at least don’t use this voice. My voice is much prettier than that!’’

‘’But it’s not as pretty as mine!’’ Of course, Baekhyun had to add something.

‘’Of course Baek, your voice is the prettiest in the whole world but could we just all shut up and enjoy the fact that… Luhan had just been ignored by Oh Sehun.’’ Of course it had to be something like that because Chanyeol was rarely the one to tell them to shut up. It was now Chanyeol’s turn to be hit by Luhan. The teacher came in the class at that right moment so they stopped talking

The period seemed to be the longest since Luhan was born and he could still feel the embarrassment of being ignored earlier. At every minute he was glancing at the clock and at every 30 seconds he was glancing at Sehun. He didn’t know if the younger boy was always sitting in front of him on purpose, but he seemed to always be there in every class they had together. Not once did the taller boy turn to look at him and not once did Luhan stop hoping that he would.

When Luhan saw that there were only 5 minutes left of the period, he started wondering what he should do when the bell will ring. At first he wanted to get up and go straight to Sehun and talk with him, but then he realized that he could be ignored again and it would be totally hard on Luhan’s ego, even more since his friends would surely witness it. But there’s also the chance that he won’t get ignored this time, which would help him a lot in his mission and would cure his hurt pride. But then again, if Sehun ignored him one hour ago, why would he suddenly talk to him now?

Luhan didn’t have the time to make a choice that the school bell rang, announcing the end of the school day. Everyone got up and Luhan lazily did too, and while gathering his things, he decided that he would try to talk with the other on another time, because getting ignored twice in an hour wasn’t really appealing to him.

 

----------------------------------------

Here's chapter 3~ I know there's nothing much interesting and no Hunhan interaction but the next chapter will be better ?

But I just moved today and school is officially starting tomorrow but I'll try to write because I really like to write this story!! :D

Please comment~