Five

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

When he got up, Luhan found a small piece of paper on the dining table, a note was written on it.

Good morning Luhan and Eunhee!

We are going to Japan for a week, we have some deals to make for the company. We’ll be back soon, don’t worry. Luhan, take good care of your little sister.

We love you, have a good week,

Mom & Dad

Luhan sighed. He was really starting to miss his parents and they were going to another country. He really felt bad for his sister though. But well, there wasn’t anything he could do.

He did his usual morning routine and after thirty minutes, he was saying goodbye to his sister and leaving the house.

He walked to school and, once again, thought about his mission and imagined the day that’s coming. It really seemed to have become part of his routine, or an habit lately. When he was turning in his bed trying to sleep last night, he really thought of what his friends had told him the last day and he concluded that they were probably right. He would probably get friendzoned if he stayed with the first step of his mission. But at the same time… He would like to be friends with Sehun and he couldn’t help but feel that it would be nice to have a best friend and at least, he would still have a friend even if he didn’t win the bet.. But this was probably just the innocent and naïve Luhan that was thinking because, deeply within himself, he knew that his friends were probably right. And to see in what situation they were – probably all in love with each other, but afraid of losing their ‘amazing friendship’ or being friendzoned – Luhan knew that being friends wasn’t really a good step to make someone fall for you.

So, Luhan decided to do just as Kai had told him to: he would be seductive in front of the pokerfaced boy. He didn’t really plan what he was going to do and he decided it would be more natural if he acted just how he felt at the moment. Anyway, it’s not like Luhan didn’t have any experience in being seductive; he really liked to be.

 

Just like every other morning, the school came in Luhan’s view, making his thoughts come to an end.

His first period this morning was Singing and it made Luhan joyous. He really liked to sing and he was even considering becoming a singer. It was just a dream though, and Luhan didn’t see it as anything more than that because he knew his parents would never agree. So he still had the dream, but he left it in a corner of his mind, a corner where he didn’t permit himself of hoping it might come true.

When he entered in the classroom though, all of his enthusiastic thoughts vanished and he didn’t feel like singing anymore. Not in front of the person that was sitting there. It turned out that Oh Sehun was in his Singing class, and Luhan didn’t want that. It might seem weird because Luhan had been hoping to be in the most classes he could with the emotionless boy but… Singing class was an exception. It clearly isn’t because Luhan can’t sing well and he’s scared of being embarrassed, no, Luhan is aware that singing is one of his talents (why would he want to become a singer, duh). But it’s just that singing is Luhan’s passion and when he sings, it’s like all his emotions come out, his true self is there for everyone to see. It might sound beautiful but to Luhan it isn’t. He never really cared because all of these people in his class (except for Baekhyun) he doesn’t know them. But Sehun… he can’t really understand himself why but he doesn’t want the guy to see him truly. Or maybe he does? There’s a tiny voice inside of him that tells him that he’s only scared because he wants that. But it doesn’t make sense, right? Luhan doesn’t think so anyway. But if the voice was right… maybe it’s because he’s only scared of how Sehun will react? Or maybe it really is because he doesn’t want his true self to be known, not when he’s not usually being himself with Sehun. But when we think about it… Luhan did try to act differently to seduce Sehun but, when he gets to talk to him, he actually unintentionally stop the acting and stays himself. Ughh it was way too early and it was too much on Luhan’s brain so he just decided to stop thinking about that, he was clearly getting nowhere anyway.

Luhan sat in the circle that every student were starting to form and smiled shyly at Sehun, who was sitting right across the circle, in front of him. Sehun nodded in acknowledgement and Luhan celebrated in his head that the other didn’t ignore him.

The teacher came in the room and started talking and welcomed Sehun in the class and blah blah blah. Nothing she said was really important to Luhan but he listened anyway. He was really getting nervous more and more because he was sure there would be a time in the lesson that he would actually have to sing.

The dreadful moment finally came and as the teacher was explaining something that Luhan wasn’t really paying attention to, she asked Luhan to be an example. Since Luhan didn’t listen, he wasn’t really sure why he had to sing and it made him even more nervous. The teacher looked at him with an encouraging smile and said, ‘’I just want to show to the new student how soothing a voice can be. I know everybody here knows how talented you are but Sehun should hear it too I think.’’ Luhan gulped nervously and avoided Sehun’s gaze. Was he really going to do that? It wasn’t just sing in front of Sehun, it was now sing in front of Sehun and for Sehun.

But Luhan decided he didn’t really have any choice and swallowed the nervous lump that was forming in his throat. He tried a smile in no direction in particular and he started to sing. It was beautiful and he didn’t need any music to accompany his voice. His voice was so smooth, gentle almost and purely beautiful. It sounded like heaven in everybody’s ears and Luhan seemed like an angel. It wasn’t long until he already forgot where he were and who was sitting in front of him; now he was only enjoying this amazing feeling of letting his voice be heard, letting a beautiful melody come out of his mouth.

The song was finished too soon and Luhan opened the eyes he didn’t even realise he had closed. Just then he remembered exactly what he was doing and his face lost its peacefulness and he panickingly looked everywhere and his gaze landed on the guy in front of him. Not the emotionless guy in front of him, oh no, the smiling guy in front of him. Because this slight curve upward of the lips indeed was a smile, a little one but a smile nonetheless. Was Luhan dreaming? Was he hallucinating? He was pretty sure it was reality but then… Was the thing that made this smile appear on the forever pokerfaced Oh Sehun really Luhan’s voice? Luhan couldn’t tell for sure but the only thought made him relax again, not just relax actually, he was smiling widely. It’s too bad he couldn’t take a picture of the guy because his friends surely won’t believe him… Oh wait, Baekhyun saw it too! Luhan turned to Baekhyun and saw his friend wide eyed, looking at Sehun. Luhan’s smile widened even more at the sight.

The teacher started to talk again and the next thing he knew, the lesson was finished already and everybody left the classroom. As Luhan walked out in the hallway, he felt someone’s presence beside him and turned to see Sehun. Sehun was walking beside him! Without Luhan being the one to approach the other! It was definitely a good day today.

Luhan smiled at the guy and waited to see if the other had anything to say. And he did.

‘’You have a really beautiful voice.’’ Luhan blinked repeatedly and turned to the other as he was starting to feel a light blush tinting his cheeks pink. ‘’Thank you..’’ He tried to avoid the other’s gaze as he realized the other could clearly see the blush evident on his face.

They walked a little and after a moment, Luhan lifted his head and saw no sign of Sehun’s presence anywhere so he just shrugged and kept on walking, but still with the smile remaining on his face.

 

He actually kept that smile all the morning long and he was now walking to the cafeteria with the same joy. He joined his friends and they all looked at him weirdly. ‘’What?’’ Luhan asked with big curious eyes at his friends’ expressions.

‘’You look… Too happy.’’ Chanyeol said suspiciously. They all nodded.

‘’Oh, that.’’ Luhan answered, ‘’Well let’s just say that I succeeded in putting a smile on Oh Sehun’s face.’’ He announced them proudly and everyone rolled their eyes at him, ‘’Yeah whatever, I don’t believe you.’’ Kai said and even though Kyungsoo and Chanyeol didn’t say anything, they seemed to agree. Baekhyun immediately nodded with his expression still shocked as he remembered these lips curved slightly upwards.

‘’No, he’s saying the truth guys, I saw it! My jaw almost fell to the floor when it happened but I saw it!’’ Everyone looked at Baekhyun in amazement and shock and Luhan pouted. ‘’Nobody believes me but Baekhyun just has to repeat it and y’all believe him. That’s not fair!’’ That cute childish pout didn’t disappear but, surprisingly, nobody rolled their eyes at him. ‘’Wow~ Congratulations Luhan! I think that’s a really big improvement!’’ Everyone nodded and the topic slowly faded to how eyeliner was just so pretty and perfect for Baekhyun’s face (don’t know who started this topic *cough*DivaBaekhyun*cough*).

Lunchtime was now over and, as Luhan was walking to his next period, he saw Sehun in the hallway walking in the opposite direction to where he himself was going. Remembering how he must have looked cute more than y in Singing class, he decided to start the seductive act. He flashed a flirty smile to the boy and his lips seductively while looking at the younger straight in the eyes. The said younger boy looked at the ground as he walked past Luhan.

Because of his damned emotionless face, Luhan had absolutely no idea if he had any effects on the guy and it frustrated him. But it was just another of the many frustrations that Oh Sehun caused to Luhan.

 

On the last period, Luhan had Math class and he wished it would go better than the last one but he couldn’t deny the fact that he had his hopes up. He entered the class and sat at his usual place with his friends. As they were talking, he realised that he didn’t hear the Kaisoo pickup line today and it made him curious.

‘’Hey Kyungsoo! There wasn’t any pickup line today ?’’ He knew that would make the boy blush but not as much as that. Kyungsoo’s face was competing with a tomato’s color and Luhan concluded that there indeed was a pickup line today.

‘’I’ll take that as a yes then. So, Kai, what was that today?’’

Kai smirked in Kyungsoo’s direction as the other was hiding his blushing face and hitting Kai at the same time. ‘’Oh well it was in Music class this morning… Did you know that Kyungsoo can play the flute? Well anyway, I said something like, ’I bet that flute isn’t the only thing you can blow.’ And he’s pretty shy since that pickup line. Ow!’’ Kyungsoo hit Kai with more strength this time and Luhan just laughed at the two. They were really something.

The handsomest guy entered the room and Luhan showed him a sweet smile. Baekhyun elbowed him on the side, ‘’What are you doing? This isn’t the ‘seductive smile’ that you just showed, did you already forget what we told you yesterday?’’ Luhan realised that his friend was indeed right and he should try to stay with the seductive act. He smiled and nodded at his friend to let him know he understood.

Then, a brilliant idea hit him and he whispered in Baekhyun’s ear, his friend smirked at his idea and took Luhan’s pencil and threw it at the front of the class. Luhan faked an insulted expression and got up and walked to the front of the class, and ‘strangely’, his pencil had landed on the floor right in front of a certain Oh Sehun. He noticed the other’s gaze on him and he smirked as he bended down to pick up his pencil. But he didn’t do it like he normally would, oh no, he bended just to be sure that the boy behind him could get a good sight of his perfect little . As he got back to his place with his pencil in his hand and an innocent look on his face, he saw his friends’ amazed look. ‘’Wow, I didn’t think our innocent Luhan would get an idea like that.’’ Kai said and Luhan rolled his eyes, ‘’I’m not innocent!’’ He pouted with that and it only gave a childish image, which wasn’t what fitted the most with his words.

 

The lesson was soon over and the teacher asked for Sehun to stay. Luhan took the most time he could to gather his things and get up because he wanted to hear the conversation. But it wasn’t necessary since he couldn’t hear what they were saying and also because the teacher soon after asked for Luhan to stay too and it totally awakened Luhan’s curiosity. Why would the teacher want to talk to them both?

‘’Okay so, Sehun, I already told you that your grades weren’t high enough and you seriously need tutoring or you won’t pass. And I thought about Luhan.’’ Luhan’s eyes widened in surprise. Him, a tutor? He never did that!

The teacher turned to the older boy, as if he knew what he was thinking, ‘’I know you’ve never done this before and I usually ask Kyungsoo but your friend is already tutoring Kai so he can’t tutor someone else too. And well.. You’re my best student too so I thought it would be good. But if you feel uncomfortable or you don’t want to I’ll understand but I really don’t know what I’ll do!’’ He was almost begging Luhan and he clearly knew that Luhan couldn’t say no when someone asked for his help. He was too kind to refuse.

He was going to agree but then thought that maybe Sehun didn’t want that. He looked at the other boy, but unsurprisingly couldn’t find any hint of what the other thought.

‘’I’m okay with that, I guess I’ll do fine but… It’s up to Sehun, I don’t know if he wants me to tutor him…’’ Luhan didn’t know why but hearing these words leaving his mouth made him kinda sad. Because they were true and he really didn’t have any idea if the other would ask for another tutor.

It wasn’t Sehun who answered though, it was the teacher. ‘’Sehun already told me that you’re the only one he would possibly be comfortable with so, that’s alright! You two can decide on your tutoring schedule together. Now go or you’ll be late at home!’’

Luhan smiled widely at the teacher’s words. Sehun really said that, uh? Well that’s a relief.

As they walked down the hallway, Luhan spoke. ‘’So, what days of the week are you free so we could do the tutoring?’’

Sehun turned to him, ‘’I will start to work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so…’’

‘’Okay so Tuesday and Thursday would be good then? We don’t have to start tomorrow if you don’t want to, but just think about it and tomorrow you can tell me if you want to start only on Thursday!’’ Sehun nodded, ‘’Tuesday and Thursday would be good. But… Where will we do that?’’

Luhan realized that he didn’t think about it and as an unexperienced in tutoring, he didn’t know where people did it usually. Oh, he knows that Kaisoo do it at Kai’s house!

‘’Um, maybe I could go to your house?’’ Then he realised that Kaisoo were best friends and practically a couple so it was normal, but Luhan and Sehun’s relation wasn’t like this at all! ‘’But it’s alright if you don’t want to, I mean I know we don’t know each other that much and you might be uncomfortable with me going at your house…’’

‘’It’s alright, I’ll give you my address tomorrow.’’ Luhan blinked at the other boy, surprised to see that it didn’t bother him.

They walked a long while side by side, until Sehun stopped at the same store he did the last time.

 

When Luhan went to bed that night, he realized that his smile hadn’t faded for the whole day.

 

----------------------------------------

Hi lovely readers! <3

I hope you like the chapter and maybe it'll take time for the next update because of school.. :(

But anyway, please take time to comment because you all make my day! :)

I love you all amazing readers, your comments and subscribes and upvotes mean a lot to me =)