Twenty-Three

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

Luhan walked to school this morning with joy in his steps. He was going to stick to his best friend’s side and make Oh Sehun jealous! He knew it would work, though it might take some time and that made him worry a little, because he didn’t have all the time in the world. He had one week, not more. The dance event was on Friday (and today was Tuesday) and he knew Xiumin would go with his boyfriend, Chen. Of course, when Sehun finds out Xiumin has a boyfriend, the Jealousy plan is screwed because he will know Luhan won’t actually be in a relationship with his best friend. So Luhan had four days (excluding Friday night) to make Sehun realize his feelings for him – if he has any, that is – by making him jealous. That was a really short time if you ask Luhan; he thought he would need about two weeks maybe for that part of the plan. But well, he sighs, you take what you have uh. A week was better than nothing. But this also meant that Luhan would have to make the best out of this week and he was prepared for this.

He arrived at the big brick-colored building and passed by tons of students hanging out in the hallways – including fangirls of his, trying to impress him – as he made his way to his best friend’s locker, which was ‘’coincidentally’’ (but not really, since Luhan had asked the girl who was there to have the locker) in front of Sehun’s.

“Hey Minnie Bestie~!” Luhan exclaimed as he threw his arms around his friend and rested his head on his left shoulder, backhugging his best friend, who laughed and tried to peck his cheek in an attempt to make him go away. It half worked since Luhan pulled his head away… to put it back on the right shoulder. Minseok just decided to push Luhan, wiggling his backwards to make his best friend let him go. It worked for real this time as Luhan stepped aside and let go of his best friend’s waist, laughing like crazy. Xiumin shook his head in disapproval at his friend, but found out he couldn’t keep his stern face as he exploded in laughter too. People stared, but they couldn’t care less as they kept on laughing together.

As the laughter died down though – and both best friends were sitting on the floor of the school hallways – Luhan looked up to see Sehun at his locker, when he was pretty sure the boy wasn’t there when he arrived, though he could be wrong since he didn’t really look. The younger man was standing at his locker and acted as if he didn’t notice the two on the floor but Luhan could see him side glancing at them and he smirked in victory. That wasn’t even planned to make Sehun jealous, Luhan and Xiumin were just being their usual self but Luhan had to admit that was a good move to the plan. He waved happily at Sehun when the boy’s eyes were on him and the other nodded, while he got his attention back to Xiumin and decided to get up. He also helped his best friend up and when they were both on their feet, they decided to go in the cafeteria, not wanting to join their other friends at the bench since they knew they would be disgustingly (and jealousy causing) in love.

“So, do you think our plan is working?” Xiumin asked as they entered the cafeteria.

“I think it does… I can’t be sure though, since he doesn’t show much reactions.”

The Korean guy looked at him, “That’s not the answer I wanted.”

Luhan sighed, “Of course our plan is working because I am freaking fab and anyone would be scared to lose such perfection as I. So Sehun is probably crying over the possibility of losing the love of his life and the most wonderful person he’s ever met.”

His best friend smirked, “That’s more like it! Be confident, Luhan, you become even more fabulous.” He winked and Luhan scoffed.

“So,” Luhan asked, “How is Chen?”

Minseok smiled at the mention of his boyfriend, “He’s doing fine. He’s not coming back to school since he decided to become a singer, he’s currently a trainee at SM Entertainment. I am soooo proud of him!” The guy said excitedly.

“Wow, congrats to him! I remember when we were younger, Chen, you and I would always sing together.” Luhan smiled at the memory. “Do you still want to be a singer?”

Xiumin nodded vigorously, “Yes I do! I’m not ready to go for auditions though, I want to study before, have a plan B you know.”

Luhan nodded, yup he totally knew. “I think I’ll become a lawyer or something.” The blonde guy said, sighing.

His best friend looked at him sadly, “You sure of that? I mean, I know your parents but… You don’t have to let them rule your life. Making your life choices is not their thing to do, it’s yours. Become a singer with me and Jongdae, we could make a trio!”

Luhan smiled, “Yeah, maybe one day.” They stayed silent for a while after that.

“Hey,” Luhan had an idea, “Tonight is tutoring night but tomorrow you could come over with Chen! It’s been a while since I haven’t seen him and even though he’s not my best friend, I missed him! What do you think?”

“Oh so you tryna steal my man?” Xiumin asked, mock-angrily.

“Hell yeah I am! I’m more fab than you anyway!” Luhan replies as he flips his hair.

Xiumin made a face, “That’s probably the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard! Have you ever looked at yourself in a mirror?”

“ of course I did! I am beautiful and you are pitiful.” (A/N: I love Brian Joo lol) Luhan said with a sassy circular movement of the head and a snap of the fingers.

Both guys cracked up at their little game. And that’s when the bell rang, announcing they would be late if they didn’t hurry their to the classroom.

The morning went smoothly, nothing much happening other than Luhan falling asleep in his first class, Economics. After History class – aka spending-the-whole-hour-staring-at-Sehun’s-y-muscular-back class - when the bell announced lunch time, Luhan hurried to catch up with Sehun in the hallways.

“Hey!” He greeted him and Sehun, as usual, nodded. “I was thinking perhaps you could come to eat lunch with all of us today? I know my friends would like to see you more – and I, of course, like to eat with you. So what do you say?”

Sehun seemed to think it over in his head a few times and Luhan was scared he was going to refuse, so he added, “I’m paying you a dessert at the cafeteria?”

Sehun’s lips tug upwards a little bit, almost unnoticeable for anyone who wasn’t watching intently. “Ok, I’m coming. But they better have chocolate cake.”

Luhan smiled and grabbed the younger’s arm, feeling an electric shock through his body starting from the tip of his fingers, the only skin touching Sehun’s. He wondered if one day he would get accustomed enough to his crush’s touch so that he doesn’t get all these butterflies in stomach, fluttering heart and electric shock reactions. Probably not. He couldn’t imagine Sehun’s presence not doing anything weird to his body and feelings. Even when he imagined being married to him for years and having children – because yes, Luhan imagines that okay, no judging – he believed his heart would still beat fast whenever the younger man was close to him and only a little touch would still transform Luhan’s stomach into a zoo.

“-han.. Luuuuuuhaaaaaaaan!” A voice pulled Luhan out of his thoughts and he cutely looked around like a lost puppy, trying to get back to reality.

Sehun looked at him and chuckled, “You’re cute.” was all he said but it was enough for Luhan’s cheeks to turn pink.

The latter looked away in embarrassment and finally grasped reality for real. They were at his locker and Sehun had his own lunchbox in hand, meaning they had went to the brunette’s locker before and had now arrived to Luhan’s. Woah Luhan really daydream a lot, doesn’t he? As Luhan closed his locker after taking his lunchbox out, Xiumin appeared beside them.

“Hi Lulu baby!! You ready to go to the cafeteria??” The baozi asked his best friend enthusiastically, acting as if he hadn’t even noticed Sehun’s presence. The latter looked at him without a word or expression, showing his perfect pokerface.

Luhan smiled and hugged his best friend, “Yup! Me and Sehun were just going there!”

Xiumin shook his head at Luhan and muttered, “Sehun and I.” At that Luhan just rolled his eyes and hit his best friend.

“Let’s go, I’m starving!” And the trio made their way to the cafeteria, approaching their usual table carefully, wondering if they should expect their two couple of friends making out or not. And wondering if Baekyeol was finally an official couple. Probably not, Luhan thought, they’re both too shy. Then Luhan suddenly regretted inviting Sehun, because that was mean. Because, he realized, Sehun would be in the same awkward position of third wheeling he himself was before; there would be the Kaisoo cheesily in love and in their own little world, the Baekyeol, a soon-to-be couple but just as disgusting as a real couple, and… because of the Jealousy plan, there would kind of be the Luhan x Xiumin pair. Lumin? Xiuhan? Oh yes! Xiuhan! Luhan remembered some years ago, they had found an OTP name for their little duo because they’re cute like that. But everyone has to be a little gay with their bestfriend, right? Right. But anyway, that still meant Sehun would be the only one not really paired up with anyone and Luhan, knowing how it was, felt really bad for inviting him.

They finally arrived at the table, and were relieved to see that none of the two couples were making out; actually they were all talking together. Just that was enough for Luhan to stop feeling that bad (but he still felt bad). When the four guys saw them coming, they looked at them – at Sehun in particular – and they all grinned.

“Hello guys!” Chanyeol exclaimed at the newcomers and they greeted them back.

Luhan went to the table beside theirs to take a chair since there were only 6 chairs at the table and pushed it for Xiumin to sit beside him while Sehun was on his other side. They had to sit closer to each other than usual since there was one more chair but Luhan only smirked because it meant being closer to his crush and that was always fun. And of course because being closer to Minseok meant more facility to use the Jealousy plan.

“So,” Xiumin was the first one to talk and he did so looking at Sehun, “Even though I was gone for two years I know all these guys but I don’t know much about you; only that you’re pretty good friends with Luhan. I want to learn more about you! I heard you’re some kind of dance god?” Luhan glared at his best friend before hiding his face in his hands in embarrassment at the mention (again) of how he had called Sehun. The latter was probably laughing at him in his mind, Luhan thought, and he was certain if they were both alone the guy would have smirked. Now even without looking he knew the only expression seen on the other boy was a plain pokerface, but the smirk was probably overly present in his mind. Wow Luhan was getting really good at knowing Sehun; but he still had a lot to learn.

“I wouldn’t call myself as such,” Sehun replied, “But I am good, I guess. I don’t really care if I’m good or not though, I love to dance.”

Luhan smiled at Sehun’s words; they were simple, but they showed Sehun’s love for dance. Luhan admired Sehun’s incredible dancing skills and he admired Sehun’s dancing clothes but, he realized, he had never paid that much attention or spent that much time to admire Sehun’s passion for dance. And now that he really saw it, he realized it was just another reason to love Sehun; because someone passionate becomes at least ten times more beautiful. And Luhan promised himself he would have to look for Sehun’s passion the next time he gets to see him dance.

But back in reality, Luhan had to add something, of course – because he always has to add something. “Good? He’s not just good, I swear he’s like super duper talented!” Then, Sehun looked at him and almost grinned – but Luhan could swear he saw his lips turned upwards for a millisecond.

“Really?! Seems like we have something in common, I love to dance! I’m in a dance crew, you should come to a practice some day.” Luhan could see the excitement and interest sparkling in Kai’s usually sleepy eyes and he smiled. It was nice to see his friends getting along – or at least trying to – with Sehun.

The latter nodded and spoke after chewing his mouthful of sandwich, “Yeah, I guess I could. Uhm… Maybe you could come to the dance studio on lunch time one day. You know, so you could see if I’m actually good enough.” Luhan was totally surprised at Sehun’s request. Kai?! Sehun inviting Kai to watch him dance?! But Sehun was shy! And he didn’t even like Kai! Or maybe Luhan had been wrong? Maybe he had imagined Sehun’s change of behavior in Kai’s presence? Yeah maybe. Whatever, at least Sehun was getting less shy, and closer to become friends with Luhan’s friends so that was good!

When Luhan was back to Earth and to the conversation, he realized the topic had now gone to the dance event on Friday. Baekyeol were looking everywhere else than each other, too shy to talk about the dance event they were going together. And Kaisoo were in a conversation about what they were planning for the night.

“Do you want to do something after the dance?” Kai asked his boyfriend and the latter seemed to think about it.

“Yeah, that would be nice. What do you want to do?”

Kai smirked, “What do I want to do? You.”

The guy smiled proudly at his response and Kyungsoo blushed and hit him like usual, while all the other guys (except Sehun) facepalmed. It’s impressive how many times a week Kai can make them all facepalm really. Luhan was starting to think they should look in the World Records to see if there was a record for that.

The conversation started again but Kaisoo were alone in their world. Kai making Kyungsoo eat; stabbing pasta with his fork and putting it in his boyfriend’s mouth as the latter chewed joyfully. The rest of the little group tried not to pay attention to them and their disgusting lovers’ habits. They engaged in a conversation about the dance and Baekhyun told them – even though they already knew – that he was going to the dance with Chanyeol, and he said so in a very enthusiastic voice and with a genuine smile, making everyone smile with him (except for Sehun… can’t even be happy for Baekhyun smh). Chanyeol’s ears became red at the mention and he just hid his bashful grin by lowering his head. Luhan almost squealed at how cute the two of them were. He really had to stop fangirling over his friends’ relationships, it was getting out of hand.

“Luhan, who are you going to the dance with?” Baekhyun asked to put the spotlight on someone else.

“No one yet.” Luhan sighed. “I’ve been waiting for this guy to ask me to go with him but he hasn’t done it yet. So I’ll probably go alone.”

Xiumin tightened his arm around Luhan’s shoulder- oh look Xiumin has his arm around Luhan’s shoulder; Luhan hadn’t even realize.

“Don’t worry,” Minseok said, “I’m sure he will ask you.”

Luhan looked at him, “Come on, the dance is in three days, if he hasn’t invited me yet, he won’t do it.” His best friend smiled sympathetically at him in response and Baekhyun glared at Sehun when the latter wasn’t looking, because he was making his precious Chinese friend sad.

“You know, you could go with Minseok: you two are so close you’re almost a couple.” Chanyeol suggested with a knowing smile; Baek had obviously told him about the Jealousy plan.

Luhan grinned, “I know right, we’re so cute together!” He hugged Xiumin and the latter decided to start mocking the couple in front of them and took his spoon to make Luhan eat some yogurt. They all laughed – except for Sehun, Luhan looked at him and he really didn’t look like he wanted to laugh; Luhan grinned in victory. He usually wanted to see something else than Sehun’s pokerface, but for the Jealousy plan it was a victory when Sehun looked away, seemingly uninterested with his unbreakable pokerface.

Luhan couldn’t bask in the satisfaction of the pokerface for long though, because the bell rang and everybody got up, going for their next class.

Luhan walked beside Sehun to go to their Math class and asked him, “Hey! I was wondering if you’d like to do the tutoring session at the Bubble tea café? I’m paying! I thought it would be fun and I want to repay you for ‘babysitting’ my sister last weekend.”

Sehun hummed, “Yeah, that could be nice.” And he smiled a little.

 

Luhan grinned. Yaaaassss another ‘date’!

 

----------------------------------

Helloooooooooooooo! 

I have to say, I am not pleased with this chapter and it is probably really boring but I wanted to update for y'all because OMG 800 SUBBIES?! REALLY?! I LOVE YOU ALL~~~~!!! <3 And omg only 2 upvotes more and I have 100 !!!!!!!!! :O

And I don't want to bore you guys with my personal life, but I just want you to understand and be patient if the next update takes a while because I recently learned that my father probably only has a few weeks left to live so I don't really feel like writing these days... :(

But anyways, I love you all!!!