Twenty-One

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

While they were eating the remaining fries in their plates, there was a knock on the door. Luhan looked curiously in the direction of the door. Who could visit at this hour (at any hour actually)? Luhan got up and went to open the door, slowly in case it was a murderer (you never know).
And he was surprised to see Mrs. Oh standing on his doorstep.

“Good evening Mrs. Oh!” Luhan greeted and that’s all Xiumin needed to hear to join his friend in the doorway; he was really curious to meet Sehun’s mom.

“Good evening, Luhan sweetie!”

Luhan moved out of the way, “Come take a seat with us.”

The woman shook her head with a smile, “Oh no, I won’t stay for long! I just baked cookies and I thought you might want some! Besides, Sehun finds that totally embarrassing to see his mother bring cookies to his friend, and you know how much I like to .” Luhan’s future mother-in-law winked.

“Since I saw you pretty embarrassed the other day – I think we both know what I’m talking about – well I thought I might as well help you embarrassing Sehun. Cause you know, he never brings friends home, you’re the first one I’ve seen and I wanted to tease my Sehunie for so long…” The woman sighs dramatically and Luhan chuckles at how much Sehun’s mother likes to embarrass him – he’s almost happy his mother is never home to be like that! But he has to admit, embarrassing and teasing Sehun can be lots of fun.

“Oh here’s a secret I will tell you.” She motioned for Luhan to come closer. “Sehun had never had a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend. Actually I don’t even know my child’s ual orientation!” The woman said it as if she just realized that. Luhan took note (in his head of course) of everything she said.

“But it’s not like it could affect you, Luhan, because we both know you’re just as pretty as a girl than you are handsome as a boy.” She winked at him and put the basket filled with chocolate chips cookies in his hand before leaving with an enthusiastic “Good night~”

Luhan shut the door and both Xiumin and he just stayed there for a while, as if thinking what the hell just happened?

“Woah.” Was the first thing Xiumin said. “You sure it’s his mom? He’s so expressionless and she’s so… expressionful.”

Luhan chuckled, “Yeah I know. But she’s really nice and funny.  I’m looking forward to these other secrets she’ll tell me.”

Xiumin laughed, “Yeah well I will be looking forward to you explaining to me what she meant by ‘I saw you pretty embarrassed the other day’.”

Luhan blushed, “Hmm yeah, later.”

 

After they ate dinner, Luhan and Xiumin decided to go back to Luhan’s room and as soon as they entered the bedroom, the Korean boy threw himself on his best friend’s bed. “I am so full! And now I want to take a nap, I ate too much.”

Luhan laughed and threw a cushion on him, “Come on! There’s no time to sleep! I have soooo much energy!! Let’s do something!” His bestfriend grunted but didn’t move and Luhan decided to put some music on to at least try to get his best friend to be a little more energetic. He puts his iPod on shuffle and the first song to play was Love The Way You Lie by Rihanna and Eminem.

“Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, but that’s alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry, but that’s alright because I love the way you lie.. I love the way you lie.” Luhan started to sing with an awful accent but didn’t dare to even try rapping Eminem’s parts (which was an insanely good decision considering his lack of English and rapping skills). The thought that maybe one day he would put on random music and he would sing what he can, while Sehun would rap the other parts crossed his mind and he smiled. And Sehun was good in English! Sometime Luhan would have to ask him to rap an English song for him… sometime.

Luhan’s tactics worked though because Xiumin turned around to look at him and tried – and failed – to rap Eminem’s parts of the song. Luhan laughed at his friend’s even worse accent in English, but at least he was a bit better at rapping than Luhan.

The song soon ended to let another start and Luhan started jumping excitedly,” Oh my god, that’s my favorite song!!”

Luhan took a water bottle to use as a microphone and started singing – or should I say, performing -, “Heyyy beautiful boy~ Let me love youu~ right now!” He performed Me, In by Wonder Girls (A/N: This song is effin good, you should all listen to it!) as if he was a professional singer on a stage and winked once in a while at Xiumin with a little of shaking because what is a performance without shaking? Xiumin just laughed at him and Luhan high fived himself in his head because his plan was working, his best friend wasn’t trying to sleep anymore. 

The song finished, sadly, and Luhan made a final pose as his Korean friend just chuckled at him. The next song was by TVXQ but Xiumin went to change it, “I want to listen to girlsgroup songs! It’s been a while!”

Luhan chuckled but let him change the song (he wouldn’t admit it to anyone else but he LOVED girlsgroup songs, they were just so fun!)

“Oh I have an idea!” The Chinese guy said, “I choose a song and you have to perform it! And then you choose a song for me to perform! This will be fun!”

Xiumin looked at him and nodded excitedly, “Such a good idea omg!! I start choosing a song” He looks through Luhan’s phone library and grins, having found a good song to start, “I hope you know the choreography to Alone ‘cause that’s what you’re performing.”

Luhan grins, “Alone by Sistar? How could I not know this choreography? Besides you know I love to show my perfect !” Luhan jokes (well it’s not really a joke because Luhan DOES like to show his ) and puts his hand over his to support his comments.

Xiumin rolls his eyes, “Of course!” And he starts the music.

The two boys did that for a while, singing, dancing, performing, smiling and laughing. They really had a lot of fun. They went through many songs: Eat you Up by BoA (Luhan was forced to sing the English version.. like really, Xiumin?), Female President, Expectation and Something by Girl’s Day, Gee by Girl’s Generation, Hush by Miss A, Lipstick by Orange Caramel, Bubble Pop by Hyuna and Dr. Feel Good by Rania. They wanted to do First Love by After School but they sadly couldn’t find a pole. *sigh*

As Luhan was dancing to No No No by A-Pink, he turned around at the chorus part and found himself looking at his window… And he made eye contact with Sehun. Suddenly, he stopped dancing and dropped to the floor, making sure to keep his head low so that Sehun couldn’t see him anymore. Stupid. I am so stupid. Why didn’t I think he would be there? Omg I can’t believe he saw me dancing! UGH.

Xiumin looked at him worriedly and came to his side, “Hey Luhan, what’s wrong?” Luhan pulled his best friend’s arm so he fell on the floor with him.

“Oh my God, Xiumin. Sehun saw me dancing. He freaking saw me dancing and singing! He is probably laughing at me right now, oh god what have I done?”

Xiumin chuckled as soon as he understood what was going on, “Oh calm down Mister I Freak out for Nothing, it cannot be that bad! You were just showing your beautiful voice and your beautiful .” His best friend winked but Luhan was not in the mood to reply to the wink.

“You don’t understand! Sehun is a freaking Dance God okay, like he’s dancing so amazingly and he’s just like a professional and then there’s me, shaking my on girls groups songs!”

“Hey calm down, you’re stressing out for nothing ok. Maybe he didn’t even see you, and if he did I’m sure all he can think about right now is ‘Daaaaaamn that !’ so stop worrying ok?”

Luhan hummed and nodded, though clearly not convinced.

Both guys just lay on Luhan’s bedroom floor for a while, exhausted.

After a moment they got up, Luhan did so carefully as to be sure Sehun couldn’t see him, and the younger asked, “So what do you want to do?”

“Ice cream!” Xiumin replied quickly and excitedly.

“Ew you want to do ice cream? That’s a bit weird and most probably dirty.”

Xiumin hit him, “You know what I meant.”

Luhan nods slowly.

“Let’s go for ice cream! Please Lulu baby!! Please! You would be the bestest friend!  PLEASE!” Xiumin begged Luhan, he loved ice cream so much and it was still warm enough outside to randomly decide to go buy ice cream.

“SHHHH! Keep quiet, I don’t want Eunhee to hear! I guess yes, we could go for ice cream since it’s not too far from here, but Eunhee cannot come with us since she already had ice cream like twice this week. She’ll get all excited and energetic and she will not be able to sleep, it’s too late.” Luhan told his best friend.

Xiumin nodded, “okay… But what do we do? She can’t stay here alone!”

“You’re right” Luhan nods pensively. “Well I might have an idea but I don’t want to do it…”

Xiumin looked at him, curious, “What is it?!”

“Well you know, Eunhee and Sehun get along pretty well so I thought maybe…”

“Sehun could babysit your sister while we go get ice cream. oh my god that’s genius!” Xiumin exclaimed happily, “Let’s call him right now!”

His best friend looked panicked suddenly, “C-Call him? Uhm no. I don’t think so. I don’t want him to hear my voice when he’s just seen me dancing and-“

“Wow Luhan, stop freaking out. We said it was okay and that he didn’t laugh at you, remember? So you’re going to take your cellphone and call him! And if you don’t, I do it and you don’t know what I could tell him…”

Luhan’s eyes widened, “Woah you can’t threaten me like that!!”

Xiumin smirked, “Oh but I can. And I’m your best friend, it’s my job to embarrass you in front of your crush.” He said and motioned his hand as if to take Luhan’s cellphone.

Luhan aggressively took his phone in his hand and started dialing Sehun’s number, “ok ok, I’m doing it but you have to know you’re a terrible best friend!”

Xiumin grinned in satisfaction.

“Hello?”

“Uhm.. Hey.”

“…”

“I-It’s Luhan. I have a favor to ask you b-but you don’t have to if you don’t want to! Just.. I was wondering if you had some time tonight? I’m gonna get ice cream with Xiumin and I don’t want to leave Eunhee alone. And, since I know you both get along pretty well I thought maybe…”

“You want me to take care of your sister while you’re gone?” Sehun’s voice asked through the speaker.

“Yeah… But you really don’t have to if you don’t want! But I’ll pay you if you do.”

“Ah no, there’s no need for money. I like your little sister so you can just drop her at my house while you go wherever you’re going.”

“Really?! Oh my god thank you Sehunie~! That’s so kind of you! I’ll be there in five minutes!”

“Ok.”

And the phone call ended. Luhan could finally breathe.

“Okay now, let’s go!”

Luhan went into his sister’s room, “Hey princess, I have a surprise for you… You’re going to spend time with your favorite oppa!”

Eunhee lifted her head from her coloring book excitedly, “We’re going to see Sehun oppa?!”

Her big brother nodded, “Yup! Xiumin and I are gonna hang out and you’re gonna go play with Sehun during that time.. How does it sound?”

“Perfect!” The seven year old exclaimed and Luhan smiled.

“Now come on, we’re going.”

 

They left Eunhee at Sehun’s house (Luhan smiled at him and the latter nodded in reply, then said hello to the little girl and the best friends left), and walked to the ice cream store while chatting.

“So, Lulu, you have to tell me about this little secret there was between you and Sehun’s mother earlier because I am extremely curious!”

Luhan blushed at he recalled the event, “Oh yeah? And what if I don’t want to tell you?”

“Then I’m going to have to ask Sehun himself, there’s no other way.” Xiumin smirked, loving how easy it was to get Luhan to tell him everything.
“Ugh I hate you. But fine, I’ll tell you. There was this weekend when I was playing with my sister and she had such an easy game I was sure I would win, so we bet things, you know… But that little evil won. Aaannd…” Luhan didn’t want to say it out loud, it was even more embarrassing. “And..?” Xiumin asked.

“She could disguise me as a girl and I had to stay like that for an hour. An hour. So I had this… this bright pink short dress and she put makeup on me and I had a wig and heels and damn that was a nightmare. But then she took a picture of me - you know, with her camera she got for her birthday – and I chased her around the house to delete the damned picture and… Sehun saw me by the window. So I had to go to his house to explain, I mean he would think I like to dress up as a girl! And.. Well I didn’t have the right to change yet, so I went like that. And that was when my first encounter with his mother happened.” Luhan looked at the ground, too embarrassed to even raise his eyes.

He could hear his best friend laughing beside him, “Hahahahah That’s probably hahahah the best way to meet your crush’s parents hahhaahhahahahhaha! There’s only my little Lulu to do something like that!”

Luhan pouted, “That was extremely embarrassing. Only my sister was supposed to see me like this but now she has a picture of me and Sehun and his mother saw me… That’s not a memory I’m so fond of.”

Xiumin chuckled, “Yeah I could tell by looking at your face.”

They arrived at the ice cream store and Luhan took a vanilla and chocolate ice cream cone dipped in chocolate, while Xiumin bought a mint and chocolate chips cone. They usually would have stayed and sat on a bench at the park near the ice cream store to eat their ice cream, but the air was getting a bit chilly so they decided to walk back home already.

They their ice cream while chit-chatting and at a moment, Xiumin looked at his best friend, “Now tell me the tale of how you had your first kiss in a Pepero game.”

Luhan choked on his ice cream, surprised at the question, “Uh I… I just- you know, ate the whole pepero stick andourlipstouched. Wow such a great weather today! The sun is shining so brightly!”

Xiumin laughed, “You do realize how much of an horrible change of topic that was, right? The sun is already setting. Now tell me more about it.” He winked and the Chinese boy sighed.

“Well that’s the moment I realized I liked him. Because our lips didn’t touch for long but they felt so soft against mine and my heart beat so fast I thought it might jump out of my ribcage and that’s all I could hear – I was sure Sehun could hear it too – and then I got all awkward and but… From that moment I just wanted to kiss him again. For real this time. To feel his lips against mine and just enjoy the moment. But yeah, never gonna happen.”

Minseok just looked at his best friend and smiled.

“What?” Said best friend didn’t like being stared at like that.

“I just find you cute.” Was all the other answered.

“Er.. I know we are really close and all but, I think Jongdae is a better choice for a relationship than me and-“

“That’s not what I meant, idiot!” Xiumin exclaimed and Luhan laughed, “I know, I know. Just tell me what you mean! I mean I am aware that I’m indeed pretty cute but you don’t have to stare at me creepily only for that.”

Xiumin chuckled, “It’s just that you look so adorable when you’re talking about Sehun and just now you stopped kidding and were actually being sincere and you had that I’m-in-love look in your eyes and oh my god that was so cute!!!”

Luhan laughed (trying to hide that he was blushing), “Oh my god you’re such a girl!”

“Hey!” His best friend hit him (like a girl).

“Oh look, there’s a little store! Let’s go in there, Lulu! Pleeeaaaase!!” Xiumin made his huge cute nobody-can-resist eyes and so Luhan had no other choice than to say yes.

They entered the little store and that’s only then Luhan realized it was (not) Sehun’s stepfather shop and Zitao was at the counter. As soon as they step foot into the store, Xiumin’s eyes went wide and he exclaimed, very excitedly, “OMG TAO PANDA!!!”

The cashier looked at him and made the same expression (Luhan still couldn’t get over how freaking adorable that man looked when he had a smile on his face, he was so precious!), “OMG XIUMIN BAOZI!!!”

Tao jumped over the counter – that guy’s got some skills – and went to hug Xiumin tightly. Luhan just stood there and appreciated the fact that someone else than him just called his best friend his Chinese name instead of Minseok and he highfived inwardly. Then he realized that, what the hell, how do they even know each other?!

When they were done with their loooong hug, Xiumin turned to Luhan again, “Luhan, here’s Tao. And Tao here’s Luhan, my best friend.”

Tao and Luhan looked at each other – Luhan with a curious expression – “Well actually we already met but I’m pretty curious, how did you two meet?”

Minseok explained, “Well during my two years in China, like I told you earlier, I met many awesome people. And Tao was one of them. Jongdae and I stayed at his place in Qingdao for a while but we had to part since we were going somewhere else and Tao was coming to live in Korea. Such a big coincidence we live in the same town in Korea though!”

Tao smiled excitedly, “We live in a small world, I guess.”

They chatted a bit, Luhan and Xiumin still their delicious ice cream and at one point the topic had became Luhan’s plan to make Sehun fall for him – Luhan still had no idea why this always ended up being the main topic of every damn conversation around him – and Tao offered to help.

“I’m sorry Tao, but I don’t think you can do much.” Luhan said but Tao kept on grinning.

“But I have an idea! I just can’t tell you because it will ruin it, but if you need some help, just come by here with Sehun once in a while, ok? But before doing that you’ll have to make sure your plan has started to work because he needs to like you a bit before I can put my plan to execution.”

Luhan was a bit skeptical but nodded anyways, “Alright Tao, thank you! I’ll remember your offer!”

It was time to say goodbye since it was already starting to get dark outside and they didn’t have any flashlights. They all hugged and both best friends walked till they were at Sehun’s house, which was only a few minutes further.

They still hadn’t finished their ice cream cones, and as they approached Sehun’s house, Xiumin decided that they could start the plan already. So he dug his finger in his ice cream cone and wiped it on Luhan’s cheek.

“HEY!” Luhan yelled and took some of his ice cream and wiped it on his best friend’s nose.

They started a mini ice cream fight and ended up having ice cream in their hair, on their face and – for Xiumin – even on their shirt.

They tried to wipe off the most they could before ringing at Sehun’s doorbell. Little did Luhan know that Sehun had been watching them all the time… Xiumin just smirked when Sehun opened the door quickly.

“Hi Sehun!! How did it go? She wasn’t too tiresome, was she?” Luhan asked joyously.

“It was nice, she likes to play and bet a lot.” Sehun replied in a monotone voice.

Luhan chuckled, “Yes, I’ll have to watch for her when she’s older, I hope she won’t like to bet so much that she will go gambling or something!”

Sehun nodded with his perfect pokerface on and Luhan was a bit surprised since he would have chuckled usually. But then he remembered that they were not alone and Sehun didn’t show any emotion when there was someone else.

Eunhee ran to the door when she realized Luhan was there. “Oppa! Can I stay play with Sehun longer, pleeeaaaseeeee?!”

Luhan chuckled at his sister’s adorableness. “No, you’ll play with him another time, ok?” He turned to Sehun, “Thank you very much for keeping an eye on her, I owe you.”

The boys and the little girl crossed the lawn and went back to their house.

Xiumin and Luhan played video games, ate candies, watched movies, ate chips and talked a lot before sleeping peacefully, happy to be with their best friend. 

 

----------------------------

OMG YOU GUYS, MORE THAN 700 SUBSCRIBERS?! FOR REAL?! That means so much to me omg I love you all! *throws hearts and brownies at you* 💞🍫🍪 (there was nous brownies emoji lol)

I know you guys are impatient for the Jealousy plan and I am sorry if the Xiuhan slepover is boring you a little but there will be Hunhan interactions in the next chapter, ok? 

Oh and I'll post the next chapter tomorrow :)

I love you guys!