Sixteen

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

Luhan woke up this morning with a smile on his face. If someone asked, he would say he has no idea why, but really, just thinking about seeing Sehun again today made him smile and happy. You would think it’s weird that suddenly he thinks about Sehun in the morning and gets all happy when he didn’t even do that before, right? Well that’s not true, because Luhan just didn’t realize it – or more like he was in complete denial – but his thoughts did get brighter when he thought about Sehun before. He just used to ignore it and think it was something else that brought a smile to his lips… But not today! It was definitely a good thing to realize he liked Sehun, he could let his thoughts wander to the boy without having to say What the did I just think?! So yeah.. I guess that’s a good point.

Anyways, Luhan got up and opened his curtains to see grey clouds and rain falling. Such a nice day. Luhan sighed, he never knew why but he didn’t like rain. Some people loved to go under the rain and dance and feel the water on their skin but Luhan just hated it. And he also hated the fact that it had to rain this morning in particular. He was thinking last night and decided he had been not concentrated on his mission enough lately (not that he cared about the bet that much anymore, but seducing Oh Sehun was still his priority) and so he decided he had to keep up the seducing act. And that means he was counting on the walk to school to think about what he would do today. But now, because of the ing rain, he would have to take the bus. With Sehun. This means being the least concentrated person on the planet because his eyes and mind would just get attracted by Sehun. Damn it! Maybe Luhan would have to just not think about his mission..? Yeah, seems like it.

Luhan looked at the clock and realized he had been wasting his time with thinking about how he wouldn’t have time to think. There’s only him to be stupid like that… *sigh*. He hurried to get ready and wake his sister up, then went downstairs to make breakfast and finally, he was ready to go.

He put on his coat and took his keys while yelling ‘have a nice day!’ to his sister and went out in the rain. He crossed the road and went to sit in the bus stop which luckily had a roof.

He saw Sehun get out of his house and he looked away. He couldn’t wait with the boy since the bus came as soon as Sehun made his way to the bus stop though. The bus was pretty quiet when they entered since they were at one of the first stops but it was fine with Luhan. Without hesitation, Luhan walked up to Sehun and sat beside him, and the other guy looked at him amused ‘’You didn’t ask to sit with me this time?’’ Luhan blushed (wow that easily? Way to be confident Luhan! *fake applause*) and replied with a voice that tried to be confident – because obviously, when Luhan wanted to seduce someone, he tried to be confident (notice the use of the word ‘tried’) – ‘’Nope, someone told me I didn’t have to ask when I sat with someone in a bus. Great advice, isn’t it?’’ Sehun nodded with his handsome pokerface, ‘’That’s the best advice I’ve ever heard, the person who told you that must be pretty smart!’’ Luhan smiled genuinely. He really liked to see this side of Sehun, when the guy would let go of his usual serious being and joke or tease Luhan. It was a playful side that didn’t come out often enough, though Luhan was content with the numbers of time he’s seen it, he was even pretty sure he was getting to see it more and more often. That was probably enough to make Luhan happy for a day week month, year.

‘’Well… I don’t know about this one… I think it’s for you to tell me; is he smart? I think the best way to judge would be to know what he got on the last Math exam!’’ Luhan said while looking at Sehun for a reaction. Their teacher put the scores of the last exam on Internet yesterday and Luhan had been impatient to know if that Sehun had a good score.

Already the best answer, Luhan could see the guy trying to hide a small smile. ‘’Well then I guess he’s pretty smart… He had a 96% on his exam!!’’ Luhan’s eyes widened and a huge grin settled in his lips, ‘’Really?! Woah Sehunie I’m so proud of you!!! I told you you would get a good score, right? Woah~!!’’ Sehun couldn’t hide his small smile anymore and that managed to get a little victory dance (again) in Luhan’s mind, because Oh Sehun was smiling at him! Luhan was pretty sure he would never get bored of that. These lips curving upwards really made him look even more handsome and adorable and the butterflies in Luhan’s tummy seemed to think the same because they were flying everywhere. How could Luhan have denied his crush for Sehun this long? It was way too obvious.

The next thing that happened managed to surprise Luhan to say the least, and to make his smile widen even more (if that was possible)! Because just like that, in the bus going to school, where there are other people, Oh Sehun put his arms around Luhan and hugged him. Really. No, you’re not dreaming right now (Luhan had to pinch himself several times), Sehun was really giving a hug to Luhan without being forced or Luhan initiating it! Two quiet words even slipped through the younger’s lips, ‘’Thank you!’’

When Sehun got back to being seated normally (do you know how awkward it is to give a hug to someone while sitting in a bus? Your body’s like ‘nope, I’m not doing it’ and your position is not comfortable at all..!), he looked at Luhan with a shy smile that was THE BEST FREAKING THING EVER LIKE WOW CAN YOU NOT BE THIS ADORBALE PLEASE, LUHAN’S TRYING TO STAY ALIVE HERE! Yeah……… anyways *clears throat to get the situation less awkward* Like I said, Sehun looked at him with a shy smile (sahkdghgfksdj) and said, ‘’Thank you really, I never even hoped to have a good score like that! Math is so easy thanks to you! You’re a really great tutor!’’ Luhan almost shed a tear (okay, not that much), Sehun’s words made him feel all warm inside because he didn’t compliment others often – actually I think it was the first time Luhan ever heard a compliment from him – and Luhan made another victory dance in his head (this one was like, hardcore shuffling with a circular movement of the arms, lucky Luhan didn’t do this in reality because he would get weird glances at him…)

‘’Oh! Then I have to watch out! If I teach you everything, you won’t need me anymore! I’ll have to make sure you don’t understand everything!’’ Luhan joked, but he also realized that it was kind of true at the same time, and it scared him a little.

‘’Don’t worry about that, I understand with you but I don’t get anything the teacher says… So if you stop tutoring me, I’ll be really lost… So you’ll keep on being my tutor, right?’’ Why was Sehun so damn cute?! Gosh, Luhan can’t handle that, he just can’t!

‘’Don’t worry Sehunie, I’ll be your tutor forever if you need me~!’’ The older said cheesily, before realizing what just happened. He had called him Sehunie. And he also realized it was the second time in that bus ride. A blush crept on Luhan’s face but he just looked away shyly.

‘’Sehunie, huh?’’ Sehun said with a teasing tone and Luhan’s cheeks just became redder.

Luckily for Luhan, the bus arrived at school and he could avoid further embarrassment.

 

He parted ways with Sehun and went to join his friends at their usual bench. He arrived just in time to hear Kai saying to Kyungsoo, ‘’Hey Baby, are you a light switch? Because you’re !’’ and see Kyungsoo rolling his eyes at him, but still with his cheeks tinted pink. ‘’Shut up, you and your stupid pick-up lines.’’ Kyungsoo muttered and Kai smiled at him, ‘’Aw you say that, but you like it! See? Your face is all red now.’’ Kyungsoo hit him, ‘’YAH! Stop it.’’ Kai laughed and kissed Kyungsoo. His small boyfriend tried to push him away at first, but soon gave in.

Luhan looked at them (he’s so creepy!) and ‘awww’ed at the cute sight. It was a long time since he wanted to see them together and they were just the cutest couple ever! Chanyeol was right, he was totally shipping them.

Talking about Chanyeol, he arrived with Baekhyun and smirked at Luhan. ‘’Hey! What happened with Sehun yesterday? I’m pretty sure I saw you holding hands, right?’’

‘’W-What are you even talking about?’’ Luhan asked shyly.

‘’Come on, you were on the stage when you took his hand, it’s not like nobody noticed!’’

Baekhyun entered the conversation now, ‘’Chanyeol why do you even talk about them holding hands when everybody else in this school is talking about the kiss?’’

Luhan’s eyes widened, ‘’What do you mean ‘everybody else in this school’?! There should only be people from Geography class and you who know about that!’’

‘’HAHAHAHA! I hope you’re kidding because the whole school probably have a copy of this picture!’’ Baekhyun answered and showed his cellphone screen that was showing… LUHAN AND SEHUN’S ‘KISS’?!

‘’WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!!’’ Luhan was starting to get nervous now, did really everyone saw this picture? That was embarrassing!! And it would probably make things awkward with Sehun!! Okay, Luhan you need to stop thinking every situation is awkward because this is starting to be a problem here. This won’t be awkward, this will just be something to laugh about with Sehun… right? Right.

‘’You really thought the popular Luhan could have his first kiss in front of a whole class and there would be no one taking pictures?’’ Baekhyun gave him a ‘are you really that stupid’ look.

‘’Ugh it’s just embarrassing!’’ Luhan said.

‘’Well you should be happy, it’s not everyone who gets a picture of their first kiss as a memory! I would like to have a picture of mine too…’’ Baekhyun pouted cutely and Luhan looked at him curiously. ‘’Makes me think Baek… You never told me about your first kiss..?’’ Baekhyun looked alerted and shot a side glance at Chanyeol then looked back at Luhan, ‘’Humm, I don’t know why I would tell you about that!  It’s none of your business!’’

Luhan laughed but before he could ask something else, the bell rang and he had to get to his class. The boring day starts.

 

Finally out of his nap class, and going to eat lunch, he wondered if he was supposed to go eat with his group of friends since they were all back to the cafeteria, or if he should go eat with Sehun again because it was his new place to eat..? He finally decided he would go eat with Sehun, so he made his way toward the dance room.

‘’Heyy!’’ He greeted shyly as he pushed the door open. And Sehun nodded at him in answer. Luhan made his way to sit with him on the floor with a smile on his face.

‘’Bothers you if I eat with you again?’’ Luhan asked with his usual big eyes and cute face.

‘’I’m better company than your friends?’’ Sehun asked with a raised eyebrow.

‘’A lot. They’re all over each other and to make it worse Kai and Kyungsoo are now officially dating.’’ Luhan sighed dramatically and Sehun chuckled.

‘’They’re really dating? And… you’re okay with that?’’ Sehun asked and Luhan didn’t really understand what he meant. ‘’Uhm yeah, why would I not be?’’ Luhan asked, curious.

‘‘Oh it’s just… they’re both guys you know and… well yeah.’’ Sehun said awkwardly and Luhan looked at him with challenging eyes, ‘’And? Got a problem with that?’’

‘’What? No, not at all! Actually I never really understood homophobia… I was just wondering what was your opinion on this since, you know, Korea is not really open minded about it.’’

‘’Oh. Well I’m alright with it. They make like the cutest couple ever!! But yeah, I never understood why it would be wrong to love someone if they’re the same gender, love is love no matter what. Well that’s what I think anyway.’’ Sehun half smiled at him, ‘’Happy to hear it, because I think the same. I’m not the type to judge but… I’ve always thought homophobia was only stupid.’’ Luhan smiled (because he’s not cheap like Sehun and he can make a full smile) ‘’Great, I thought you were going to judge my friends! By the way – actually it’s pretty random – are you gonna go to the dance in two weeks?’’ Luhan asked and almost facepalm because he was planning on bringing the topic subtly in the conversation… this wasn’t really ‘subtle’.

‘’Uhm I don’t know, I’m not really into going to party when I don’t really know anyone…’’

‘’Really? Come on, you HAVE to go! It’s gonna be really cool! And that’s a way to know new people! But if you don’t want to, you can still just hang with me and my friends!’’ Luhan suggested enthusiastically.

‘’Yeah maybe… I’ll probably go actually.’’ Sehun decided and Luhan made a fist bump with himself in his mind because Sehun coming to the dance is the first step! The second step is Sehun asking him to go to the dance with him, and the third step is Sehun actually going to the dance with him. Luhan now had to make the second step happen.

‘’Cool! And do you plan on going with someone? It’s always better with a partner, I’m telling you!’’

Sehun hummed, ‘’I don’t know, I’ll see… Are you going with anyone?’’ Luhan’s hopes were pretty high right now, it was sure Sehun was going to ask him to go with him! He was ready to accept already!

‘’Nope, not yet at least.’’ He answered casually, keeping all his feels inside.

‘’Ah alright.’’ Was all Sehun said. Really. He didn’t ask Luhan to go with him, nor anything alike. I’m starting to think Sehun forgot his part of the script!! But the sad thing is that the script was only in Luhan’s mind. Damnit! Was Sehun playing with Luhan’s feelings?! It wasn’t funny.

‘’Everything’s alright?’’ Sehun asked. And Luhan was confused before he realized he had been pouting unconsciously.

‘’Yeah yeah.’’ Luhan replied with an annoyed tone, trying that Sehun got the hint that something was wrong but the boy was totally oblivious.¸

The younger got up and went to put music on, it was now time to dance. And this was  perfect to take all of Luhan’s annoyance away in only a few seconds. Like everytime he saw Sehun danced, he was hypnotized by the boy’s body. Totally hypnotized that time flew by way too quickly.

 

 

 

‘’Give me a kiss Luhan! We can take a picture and put it on the internet since you’re a little and want everybody to know!’’ Yongguk was blocking Luhan’s way again, and the latter was royally annoyed. ‘’ Shut the up and get out of my way Yongguk!!’’ Luhan almost growled at the other, but it was in no way intimidating compared to Yongguk’s deep voice and bad boy look.

‘’Aw come one! You’ve kissed this guy, and I am a lot more handsome! I wouldn’t mind doing more than kissing too!’’

Luhan groaned in annoyance and pushed his way past the man and managed to avoid the hand that was directed toward his , probably out of habit.

Finally, he came to his last class and went to sit with Kai at the back of the classroom, ready to rest his head on his desk and take a nap (he was playing a game last night and ended up falling asleep pretty late, oops).

Five minutes later – or what seemed like 5 minutes later – Kai was shaking his shoulders roughly to wake him up. ‘’The bell’s ringing in 15 seconds, Luhan!’’ Luhan mumbled something intelligible and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, gathering his things to leave.

 

When he arrived at Sehun’s locker, waiting for him since it was tutoring day, he could feel some kind of awkward tension in the air and he didn’t like it. Luhan didn’t like awkward situations, but he totally hated awkward situations when he didn’t know why it was awkward. He just shrugged it off though, pretending he didn’t feel it, but it was still a nagging feeling at the back of his mind.

They got on the bus and Sehun just looked out the window, not talking at all but it’s not like it was new.

Luhan couldn’t stand the silence though and he had to talk, ‘’So… do you have a lot of things you don’t understand? In your Math class, I mean.’’

Sehun nodded, ‘’Usual.’’ Was his only answer. Luhan decided to let the silence hang around them since the other didn’t seem to want to get in a conversation at all. He was usually alright with silences when it came to Sehun but… this time it just felt awkward. And it was frustrating that he didn’t know why!

 

When they arrived at Luhan’s house, Eunhee wasn’t home yet (and for once Luhan had wanted her to be because she would have made the awkward atmosphere go away) and so both guys made their way to Luhan’s room.

They took their schoolbooks and threw their bags on the floor. Settling on the bed, Luhan noticed that Sehun was tense and he couldn’t stand it anymore. ‘’What’s wrong?’’

Sehun looked at him, seeming surprised that Luhan even asked, ‘’Nothing…’’

Luhan sighed loudly to make sure Sehun know how annoyed he was. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t find what he did wrong to make this atmosphere awkward. He didn’t say anything weird at lunch, right? No he really couldn’t understand.

But still, he decided not to ask any more questions because he knew it wouldn’t get to anything and he started the tutoring. But he knew the awkward atmosphere seemed to make Sehun unable to focus, and honestly he himself wasn’t focusing either.

After a little while, he realized he forgot to text Kyungsoo to tell him to bring him back his notes that he borrowed yesterday because he would need it tomorrow. And when he took out his phone, what did he see? The picture of him and Sehun kissing as his background. ‘’ing Kai, I hate him.’’ He muttered, knowing it was all his stupid friend’s fault and he probably had fun playing with his cellphone while he was asleep in class. He decided he would change his background later and went to text Kyungsoo… But what he saw made him a lot more pissed at Kai, ‘’Damnit! you Kai!’’ He shouted even though the guy wasn’t there and wouldn’t hear him.

Turns out Kai had decided to text someone with his cellphone. And that person was Sehun (he got his phone number the other day, talking about if there was an ‘urgency’ or like that). And the message read one of Kai’s stupid pick-up lines:

I wish I was your problem set, because then I'd be really hard, and you'd be doing me on the desk.

No doubt Kai knew it was tutoring day. And he also knew that Luhan hated awkward atmospheres and god now it was obvious why Sehun was all awkward!

‘’Oh my God, Sehun! Did you receive the text!??’’ Luhan had a horrified expression and Sehun looked at him with his pokerface. ‘’Hum, yeah..’’

‘’And here I was asking why it’s awkward! I’m sorry I fell asleep in Geography and Kai played with my cellphone! Really, it wasn’t me, I swear! Oh god, that kid is so stupid, I’m gonna kill him one day!’’

‘’Oh. Oh. Sorry for making this really awkward I just… That was pretty weird and I didn’t know how to react and I didn’t understand why you would send me that while you’re acting normal and I… I understand now. Gosh, that was awkward!’’ Luhan realized the situation they were in and just started to laugh, because really, it was pretty funny. And it wasn’t so long until he heard Sehun’s laughter too. Which was great. No, which was amazing. So they were just there, on Luhan’s bed, laughing. And Luhan liked it, he liked laughing with Sehun, he liked that Sehun was hiding his emotions less and less when he was with him. He wasn’t doing that bad in his mission after all.

After their little laughter, they continued studying, with much more comfort and concentration.

They did their usual tutoring routine and when Sehun went to his house, Luhan went to bed and fell asleep almost immediately, with a smile on his face.

-------------------------------------

Hello!! ^O^
This is my last update before school starts again (like in 11 hours or something) so I'm sorry if it takes me more time to update next!

There are some people who are curious as to what Eunhee does during the day and if she stays home alone... Eunhee goes to school but Luhan goes before her since her bus is like 3 minutes later and she comes home about the same time as Luhan in the afternoon! Also, yes Luhan is the one taking care of her because their parents are basically never home because of their job! Hope you understand better now? :)