Twenty-Six

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

“You WHAT?!!” Minseok exclaimed – screamed – at Luhan.

“You heard me, I kissed him.”

The Korean man held his best friend in a bone-crushing hug with his usual enthusiasm. “I’m so proud of you, Lulu baby!” He made a gesture as if he was wiping a tear of joy from his cheek. “You’re finally doing something! How was it?! Is he a good kisser???” Xiumin was extremely excited and it was doing nothing to help Luhan keeping calm like he told himself he would. He started grinning widely and jumped for joy with his best friend.

“Hell yeah he’s a good kisser!!! That was the best kiss of my entire life!”

Xiumin chuckled and teased, “You do realize it’s the only kiss of your entire life, right? I mean, the pepero kiss doesn’t count anymore!”

Luhan pouted, “Yeah I know that okay, but still! Even though I clearly lack experience, I can tell you he’s a really good kisser, ok! His lips were so soft and perfect against mine. And he freaking kissed me back, this is the best thing that could happen to me!” Luhan was super excited and clearly in love and it made Xiumin smile happily.

“I’m so happy for you Lu sweetie~! Now tell me what happened next!!”

The two friends were at the usual bench where they sit everyday. They were waiting for their other friends to arrive; Luhan was earlier than usual today since he didn’t want to bump into Sehun on his way to school.

“Well… He texted me later telling me to go at the backdoor – you know, the useless emergency door – and there he was, with bibimbap in his hands. He freaking cooked me dinner because he knew I would be hungry, do you understand how freaking sweet that guy is?!” That’s it, Luhan was fangirling. He was squealing as he recalled the event of the day before and Xiumin chuckled at him, then gestured for him to continue narrate the events.

“And then I told him it was the sweetest thing someone’s ever done for me and he blushed and it was the best thing ever, I swear he was just so adorable! And I hugged him and we stayed in the embrace for like thirty seconds and then he went home with the cutest smile on his face and I just stayed there staring at him dumbly and oh my god I’m such a teenage girl!

Xiumin laughed and jumped for joy with Luhan because he was totally aware the guy had to let all of his feels out and jumping was the less weird option in public.

“Look, Baek, the teenage girls are excited, will you go jump with your friends?” Chanyeol’s deep and playful voice was heard and Luhan and Xiumin looked at the newcomers in time to see Baekhyun hitting Yeol and letting out his most fake laugh. The giant only laughed at the brunette’s reaction and waved at his friends.

“Seems like there’s a good news?” Baekhyun asked and Luhan smiled widely but, seeing the other duo – aka Kai and Kyungsoo - coming to the bench, he waited for them to be there to announce his good news again. However, it seems like he waited for too long because Xiumin spoke before him, “Luhan kissed Sehun yesterday! And it was a real kiss!”

Everyone gasped and high fived Luhan while the latter glared at his best friend.

“But he is sure it was only to piss off my parents – and basically it was. So this won’t change anything in our relationship…” Luhan said sadly and all of his friends stared at him like he was stupid – which they seemed to do too often for his liking.

“What?”

“Don’t you see any solution to that?” Kai spoke for the first time.

Luhan’s eyebrows were knitted as he thought deeply about the matter. But nope, he couldn’t figure any solution.

All his friends sighed in unison as if it was planned and they all knew something he didn’t or as in a movie.

“Okay, whatever you’re doing, stop doing that! I’m feeling so stupid right now because of your judging stares.” Luhan said and pouted.

Xiumin looked at him, “If he thinks all there was to the kiss was revenge against your parents, you just have to tell him it meant something more to you. Then it will make things clear AND change your relationship.”

Luhan looked at them with a horrified expression. So that was their genius idea?!

“Are you kidding me?! How the hell am I supposed to straight up tell him I like him, that’s not how things happen!”

“Tell whom you like him?” A new voice was suddenly added to the conversation and everyone – especially Luhan - widened their eyes as they recognized Sehun’s voice. Luhan was more in shock than fear. Although he was scared Sehun might have heard a part of the conversation he shouldn’t have, Luhan was mainly surprised at his question. Because since when does Sehun casually enter a conversation? And when they weren’t alone? Usually he would have passed by them without acknowledging them, or with a simple nod at Luhan. Or if he was with them, he would just listen to the conversations, but never would he usually participate.

Luhan was dumbfounded. The day before he had noticed the extreme improvement in reactions the younger boy showed and he had wondered if it was simply because he was getting more and more comfortable with Luhan. Or maybe it was due to the Jealousy plan? Luhan didn’t know but he surely didn’t expect the improvement to be so fast that his crush would enter a conversation with 5 other people present!

“O-Oh, uhm, no one! We were just joking… yeah.” Could Luhan get more awkward? All of his friends started to laugh and Chanyeol, Kai and Xiumin were teasing him. Kai was wiggling his eyebrows while Chanyeol and Xiumin were puckering their lips as if kissing. Luhan was extremely lucky that Sehun couldn’t see his friends at the place he was, but it was still super embarrassing for Luhan and he glared strongly at his friends.

“Hey Sehun!” Kyungsoo turned to the new comer with a smile and Luhan was thanking him inwardly because he knew his doe-eyed friend was trying to save him from further embarrassment. “Do you want to eat lunch with us today? You don’t come quite often and it would be nice to see you more!” Luhan cringed. He didn’t want Sehun to eat lunch with them because the embarrassment wasn’t gone yet!

Sehun shook his head no, “Sorry, but Luhan is supposed to help me with Math today so we’ll probably eat in the dance studio.”

Oh god. Luhan had completely forgotten about that. This would be a lot more awkward than eating at the same table; it will be eating together alone. Luhan didn’t think he was ready for this after the kiss. But wait! Actually that’s the perfect time to explain himself! And… well he will have to do what his friends told him: confess so that their relationship move forward. Yup, he can do this.

Luhan smiled at Sehun and ignored Xiumin’s amused expression.

Kai suddenly decided to speak, “Oh yeah Maths… I’m getting better at that, right Kyungsoo?” The boy turned to his boyfriend with one of the cutest smiles ever (but not as cute as Sehun’s, Luhan thought), “Four plus four equals eight, but you plus me equals fate.”

Everyone chuckled at the cheesy pick-up line and Kai was probably celebrating in his mind because nobody facepalmed like they usually do.

Kyungsoo pecked his boyfriend’s cheek and hid his face in the crook of his neck in embarrassment while muttering something that sounded like ‘you’re adorable’ but maybe it was more like ‘you’re dumb’, Luhan wasn’t quite sure. As he was squealing because his friends were so damn cute, Luhan looked at Sehun to see how he would react to the couple. Turns out his lips were stretched in a small smile as he watched the two lovers and that was even more effective in making the older fangirl. Quietly, of course; he wouldn’t want everyone’s judging eyes on him.

That’s when the bell rang and everyone went to their first class.

 

 

Luhan couldn’t stop thinking about Sehun in his Biology class. It was strange because that was his favorite class and probably the only one in which he listened to the teacher; but today he couldn’t seem to concentrate. Sehun was filling his mind. The way he had punched Yongguk to protect him, the shy expression when he told Luhan he witnessed his protective side, the playful smile when he , the way he stood on his backdoor balcony with bibimbap in his hands, his y toned body, his handsome pokerface, his rare but adorable smile, his pink lips, the kiss they shared… Luhan had always thought it was cheesy and stupid how people in movies or books could never stop thinking about the one they loved and were always distracted because of it. I mean, surely you could stop thinking about that person for an instant and think about something else, right? Well seems like he was wrong all that time, because all that got his attention was the epitome of perfection, aka Oh Sehun.

Ugh Luhan had to stop thinking! He was as excited for lunchtime as he was anticipating and he wasn’t sure which emotion was dominant. He had decided he needed to follow his friends’ plan and tell his emotions to Sehun, and that, that was stressful as hell and Luhan didn’t think he would be able to do that without making a complete fool of himself. But at the same time, it meant seeing Sehun and hearing Sehun’s voice and maybe if he got close enough that meant Sehun’s scent and Luhan was so damn impatient for that! He just hoped all would go well and they will live happily after.

 

Finally, the both melodious and dreadful sound of the bell echoed through the school and Luhan got up quickly from his chair to walk slowly out of the classroom. It was weird, really, to feel two very contradictory emotions at the same time and not being sure which one was having control of your body.

He went to his locker to take his lunchbox and met his friends – minus Kaisoo – briefly in the hallway and, seeing his nervous smile, they all patted him on the back and wished him good luck. He then proceeded to make his way towards the dance studio and took a deep breath before turning the doorknob.

He smiled warmly at Sehun who, surprisingly, smiled back. Luhan was shocked that he wasn’t greeted with a simple nod today, and once again congratulated himself for having Sehun so comfortable.

He went to sit beside Sehun, like usual, but he didn’t feel like usual at all. What usually was a comfortable silence seemed awfully awkward to Luhan who was only replaying the kiss scene in his head. It was probably only him imagining the awkward atmosphere but he didn’t feel less uncomfortable for that.

Sehun looked at him with what seemed like a slightly worried gaze – he probably sensed Luhan’s awkwardness. “Uhm, I was wondering… How did your parents react? You know when… when I left the house?” Luhan almost chuckled when he realized Sehun was just as shy as him about the kiss.

“Well it wasn’t that bad actually. They were pretty pissed but it seemed to only amuse me. They were yelling insults and about how homouals were wrong, but that’s about it. I think they didn’t really have any arguments so it wasn’t too long.”

Sehun nodded, “That’s great to hear.”

Luhan smiled at him, then lowered his eyes, ready to confess his undying love – okay, his crush - for the other guy. “Uhm… About the- the kiss…” Luhan took a deep breath and gathered the courage to look at Sehun, “I don’t want it to make us awkward and all, you know. I… I kissed you because my parents were pissing me off so it doesn’t really mean anything and we shouldn’t be awkward because of it?”

Damn it! Luhan was a coward. He was a ing coward acting cowardly like his own coward self. And now he was feeling so ing pathetic because he wasn’t even able to tell his crush he liked him. Was he even a man? UGH. Luhan had always been scared of rejection, but he had never acted such like a wimp before. He was usually scared but did things anyway but, he realized, this time rejection meant losing Sehun, probably not only as a possible boyfriend but also as a friend and he wasn’t ready to give up on their friendship, not when it was only beginning, developing and blooming slowly.

Sehun nodded with his pokerface, “Don’t worry, I understood. You’re the one who was awkward anyway.” Luhan nervously chuckles at that. Ok maybe he’s a coward and , but at least everything is now back to normal.

Luhan smiled at his crush and finally felt the awkward tension fading. The guys ate in almost silence, until Sehun looked up at Luhan with what seems like curiosity, “Can I ask you something?”

Luhan was really nervous but nodded anyway.

“Your parents… I understood that they’re never home? Why is that?” Sehun sounded genuinely worried and it did weird things to Luhan’s insides.

“Well.. They work a lot and they’re always super busy. And even when they’re not working, they always have some kind of party or they eat in restaurants… Honestly I don’t think they like being at home at all. They sleep at home – well, most nights anyway – but they always get home super late and go super early in the morning so we never really see them. It doesn’t really matter to me – I don’t speak to them when they’re there anyway – but it kinda makes me sad for Eunhee; she’s still young and though I’m taking care of her, I’m not a father, you know?” Luhan looked up to Sehun with a sad smile.

Sehun seemed hesitant, “Do you… Do you hate them?”

“No, I don’t hate them, they’re not bad people – close-minded and sometime ignorant – but not bad people, only bad parents.”

Sehun nodded, “You know, if you ever, like, need a mother or just want to feel the warmth of a comfy home and being taken care of or even just eat homemade food… You can come to my house. My mother is annoying sometimes but she’s probably the best representation of a caring and loving mother. And she already likes you, she would be overly happy to make you dinner from time to time and be a motherly figure to you. I don’t know, maybe what I’m saying is weird and doesn’t make sense? It makes sense to me anyway.”

Woah. This was certainly the most Sehun had ever talked. And it was so sweet at that! Luhan’s stomach was doing flips and he wasn’t quite sure how to handle Sehun’s sweet behavior. It truly amazed him how much Sehun had changed since he first met him. He was ignoring him and never talked and never, ever, showed any other expression than his pokerface. And now… now he was able to speak more than 2 sentences and he smiled and blushed and showed emotions. And he was the sweetest guy Luhan had ever met! This was really fascinating. And Luhan was falling more and more for the boy.

“No it- it does make sense. Thank you, Sehun. Really. You know,” Luhan started with a genuine smile. “Everybody thinks you’re a robot of some sort and you don’t have any emotion… But you’re actually probably the sweetest guy I’ve ever met.”

Luhan watched in delight as Sehun’s cheeks turned a shade of pink.

“Hey! I was just being nice… You better not tell other people about that ok, I’m still emotionless Oh Sehun!”

Luhan smirked, amused, “Oh so you know all about your reputation, uh?

“Well of course, it’s my  reputation after all.”

Luhan hummed. Well that was quite an interesting conversation he had with Sehun, it was one of the few conversations in which both guys participated and Luhan grinned happily at the thought; Sehun really was different with him than he was with others.

“You know… I don’t even know why I have this chance, but it makes me really happy that I get to see more than emotionless Oh Sehun everybody else sees.” Luhan smiled warmly at Sehun and the latter suddenly looked at his hands, which were resting in his lap, but the older was pretty sure it was to hide a blush.

“Now! This is probably the longest you’ve ever spoken to me in twenty minutes but we have a Math exam tomorrow so I think we should study! There are a few things we didn’t have the time to go over yesterday so we might as well start with that. Than if we still have time, we can do a revision of the whole chapter, ok?”

Sehun nodded with a tiny smile and so the boys opened their textbooks and started to study.

A bit less than an hour later, the bell rang and both guys got up with the brain full of Mathematics equations.

Luhan than remembered something and decided he had to make up for his act of cowardice aka not confessing to Sehun.

“Uhm.. Can I ask you something?” Sehun turned to Luhan with curiosity and nodded for him to continue.

“Would you go to the dance with me?” Luhan swallowed the nervous lump in his throat. It was a good idea to not think about it before asking because he would certainly have chickened out. But now he had already asked so he might as well act confident.

Sehun seemed to ponder over it for a few seconds, “Yeah, why not.”

Luhan made a very energetic victory dance in his head but kept his calm composure in real life and smiled, “Yaaay! We’re gonna have fun, I promise!”

Sehun seemed to hesitate before asking, “I’m kind of curious… Am I the guy you were waiting for to ask you to the dance?”

Luhan smirked, “Maybe… or maybe not. Well I guess you will never know since you didn’t ask me to the dance.” Then he winked and left the studio, leaving a pretty dumbfounded – but smiling - Sehun behind him.

And he walked down the hallway with a proud grin on his face. He highfived himself mentally because hell yeeeahh I’m going to the dance with Oh freaking Sehun!

 

------------------------------------------------------

An uppdate is here! Yaaayyy *loud cheers and applause* x)

I'm sure you guys thought Sehun would finally ask Luhan to the dance but nope ;P

So this chapter is finished writing since like 4 days ago but we had lots of problems with the internet connections so I had to wait before posting it xD

The next chapter will be the dance event so be excited ;P

I swear I have like the best subscribers ever, you guys are so sweet!! <3 Your comments on the last chapter made my week okay, y'all are da best!  And I was basically fangirling over your comments so I replied to every single one of you :)

I LOVE YOU~