Nineteen

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

As the bell rang announcing lunch time, Luhan almost ran to the dance studio. He was pretty excited for today since it was the start of the Jealousy part of his plan and Luhan was feeling totally ready for it. He walked quickly through the hallways full of hungry students pushing everybody to get to the cafeteria first. He saw Baekhyun with Kyungsoo and waved at them, telling them he was going to eat with Sehun. They smiled knowingly with a ‘’have lots of fun!’’ and he just replied with one of his confident smirks. But really, he wasn’t that confident anymore. Why is it that every damn time something has to do with Sehun he becomes so ing diffident ? Now he was thinking: What if his plan doesn’t work and it has the opposite effect? Like since Luhan is always the one to initiate when their meeting up or their conversations, if Luhan takes less interest in Sehun, will Sehun even try to initiate anything? Or will he just not care? Sehun can seem shy and not so confident, will he just think Luhan has better things to do? Maybe this jealousy plan will just scare him away. Maybe it will ruin all of Luhan’s efforts, UGH. Okay Luhan now you shut the hell up and you go up and put your plan in execution right now.

So Luhan takes a deep breath and enters the dance room (he did not even realize he was standing in front of the door for a few minutes now).

Unsurprisingly, Sehun is already there, sitting on the floor at his usual spot and being all his flawless and y self. He nods as Luhan enters the room and the older smiles and waves. He goes and sit with him and the first part of his plan is put into action:

“Hey I was wondering how you were doing in Maths this week? Do you have any difficulties?” Sehun looked at him with his usual pokerface, though Luhan was starting to see through it and he could tell Sehun was a bit surprised at the question.

“Well there are some things I don’t understand – like usual – but it isn’t extremely hard.” Sehun replied and Luhan was relieved; he couldn’t have started his plan if Sehun was having a lot of difficulty, that would be too mean of him.

“Oh nice. It’s just that I was wondering if it would bother you a lot if I can’t make it for the tutoring tonight? I was supposed to hang out with Xiumin ‘cause it’s been a while since I last saw him.” Sehun nodded slowly and Luhan highfived himself in his head because this means he’s not too happy at the news and that was the hoped reaction. If it was a normal nod it would’ve destroyed Luhan’s hopes but since it was slow it meant it was a bit hesitant and that was working accordingly to the plan.

“Alright.” Was all Sehun replied.

“Thanks! I hoped it wasn’t going to bother you. I’m super excited to see Xiumin after these years, he’s such a fun guy! And he loves bubble tea just as much as me! We should totally go for bubble tea the three of us sometimes.” Luhan talked enthusiastically about his best friend, hoping that Sehun would start getting a little jealous. The bubble tea part was because Luhan thought bubble tea was his main shared interest with Sehun, and it was also representing their “kinda first date” so maybe it represented something for Sehun too; and talking about going for bubble tea with someone else would make the younger jealous, right? Well if Sehun went for bubble tea with someone else Luhan would probably have to kill the .

Luhan looked at his watch even though he already knew the time (it was for dramatic effect because Luhan likes to be dramatic, ok?) and exclaimed, “Oh! Look at the time! I better run, I told Xiumin I would meet him outside. Bye!”

Sehun nodded with a “see you later” but Luhan was already at the door, leaving the room. As he shut the door behind him, he heaved a sigh. Lying to Sehun was exhausting and Luhan had never been a good liar. But he thinks he did well, though with Sehun you never know what’s going on in that head. Luhan walked toward the cafeteria, hoping Xiumin would be there because they didn’t have anything planned out. The bad part of the Jealousy Plan, Luhan realized, is that he has to be with Sehun less often. And Luhan absolutely loves to be with Sehun. He sighs. Think of the fact that if it works, you’ll be with him even more often! Well that’s an encouraging way to see things, isn’t it?

As he entered the cafeteria, he could see Xiumin at the usual table with his friends. Glad that he wouldn’t have to look for him, Luhan smiled and made his way to the table to sit with them. The first thing he heard as he approached the table was the daily Kaisoo pick-up line. Luhan had to admit he found today’s pick-up line pretty funny though:

Kai smirked his signature y smirk and looked at Kyungsoo, “Hey babe, are your pants a compressed file? Because I’d like to them.” Kyungsoo hit his chest hard even though he blushed. “You could at least find appropriate pick-up lines! Or not say them in public.”

Kai smirked again (while rubbing his chest where Kyungsoo had hit because even though it doesn’t seem like it, Kyungsoo can hit hard), “Oh I see, you would want me to say this kind of thing to you only when we are home alone… In your bedroom or mine.” Kai winked and Kyungsoo just hid his face in his hands.

Luhan then decided now was the good time to let them know he was there as he sat at the table with a “hey guys”.

Everybody looked at him confused, “Aren’t you eating with Sehun?” Baek voiced everyone’s thought.

“Well.. yes but I said I had to talk with Xiumin. Which is only half true but it’s part of my plan.” Luhan replied and his friends looked at him with even more curiosity. Luhan knew they wanted more information but he kept his mouth shut, just to tease them.

Frustrated, Chanyeol asked, “And…? What plan?”

Luhan smirked, “You’ll find out soon enough without me telling you.”

The group grunted in unison; they didn’t like mystery and they were all really curious people. It only made Luhan smile more.

“Then if you don’t wanna tell us about your plan, you can at least tell us about your date! How did it go?” Kyungsoo asked enthusiastically.

Luhan told them almost everything about his date, from the conversation about the dance, to the encounter with his mom, including the tapioca fight and the hlding hands and hair. He kept for himself the fact that Sehun was afraid of thunderstorms though, because he was pretty sure the younger wouldn’t want other people to know and that would be mean to say it, even to his friends.

“Are you sure you’re talking about Oh Sehun here? The way you describe him – fun and childish and cute – doesn’t seem to match the mute pokerfaced Sehun we see all the time.” Kai said and everyone agreed.

Luhan grinned, “That’s because my mission’s working: he’s getting more and more comfortable around me! I’m telling you guys he is SO adorable and when he smiles my heart flutters because he has the most beautiful smile on Earth it’s probably brighter than the Sun and-“

“If it was brighter than the Sun he would’ve blinded all humans on Earth with this proximity.” Chanyeol deadpans.

“Oh shut up Chanyeol!” Luhan pouted, “I was expressing my feelings to you guys, you could listen to me!”

“I think you meant you were expressing your gayness to us.”

“Ugh Kai why must you always be mean to me, you’re just as gay as everyone else here!” Everyone nodded except for Baekhyun.

“Uhm you’re wrong, I am not gay.” Baekhyun said casually and everybody guffawed at him.

“Come on Baek, you and Luhan are the most gay of us!”

“HEY!” Luhan and Baek exclaimed at the same time.

“I’m not even gay, you’re having stereotypes again. It’s not because I wear eyeliner and can be a kinda diva sometimes that I am gay pff!” Baekhyun defended himself with one of his famous diva gestures that’s a mixture of ‘talk to my hand’ and putting his hand through his hair dramatically.

Nobody even found anything to reply to that, they just all laughed at him again.

Baekhyun didn’t seem to find it funny though, “Laugh all you want but I’m the one going to the dance with Sojin.”

The laughter died down after that. They still didn’t understand why Baekhyun would ask Sojin to the dance, and the friends all glanced at Chanyeol; they knew he liked Baekhyun. The thing is, they also knew Baekhyun liked him back and that created even more confusion. Let’s be clear: Baekhyun never said he liked Chanyeol and Chanyeol never said he liked Baek either, but the group of friends all knew it anyway.

As he thought about it, a lightbulb in Luhan’s head and he understood exactly what Baekhyun was doing. He grinned. He would have to keep his mouth shut though, that would totally ruin it if he just told someone.

Xiumin pulled Luhan out of his thoughts, “You said you wanted to talk to me earlier ?”

“Oh yeah, uhm do you have anything tonight? We have a lot to catch up on so I was wondering if you’d like to come sleep at my house since there’s no school tomorrow?”

Xiumin grinned, “A sleepover like the old times? I’m always down for that!”

Luhan smiled, “Perfect! Then meet me at my locker after the last class, ok? We’ll walk home.”

 

~~~~

Luhan’s last period of the day was Math class and he decided to go and sit beside Sehun so the younger man wouldn’t think he’s totally avoiding him. Have to make him jealous but not to ignore him. And it would make him feel less guilty to skip the tutoring session for the night because that’s making him feel bad a little that he doesn’t help Sehun, I mean it’s his grades we’re talking about, if he doesn’t pass his next Math exam it will be Luhan’s fault (or at least that’s what the young man tells himself).

So when the brown haired guy entered the room and took a seat, Luhan left his usual place with his friends and went to take the seat next to Sehun. It was at the front and Luhan hated to sit there. But he would probably do anything to be with Sehun so it’s not a seat in the front of the class that will scare him.

“Hey! Mind if I sit here? I thought I might as well help you now if you have some difficulties since I won’t be there for tutoring tonight.”

Sehun nodded (Luhan noticed that boy nods a whole lot!), “Alright.”

The lesson started and Luhan looked at Sehun during the whole time; every time he saw hesitation or lack of understanding under his pokerface – a slight frown, or even a little movement of his lips – Luhan would lean toward Sehun’s desk and explain to him what the teacher just said in a way Sehun would understand. He had to do his best to whisper and not be too obvious since the teacher was right in front of them; but sometimes she would look at them and wouldn’t say anything: she knew Luhan was only helping. It amazed Luhan how he could now decipher some of Sehun’s expressions which, a few weeks ago, would have never been noticed by the older. It was probably the result of the tutoring sessions.

The bell rang and Luhan, for once, would’ve liked the class to continue. He regretted skipping the tutoring class because if he hadn’t, then right now he would be going home with Sehun and he could stare at that handsome flawless face longer. Every damn feature of the guy’s face are extremely attractive and Luhan loves to stare at Sehun, it makes him feel all nice inside and he just want to hug him strongly.

“Luhan, you coming?” Luhan was pulled out of his reverie by Sehun’s melodious voice.

“Oh uhm yeah.”

They walked down the hallways side by side and Luhan could feel Sehun’s hand right next to his, they would brush together sometimes and Luhan had to use all the self-control in the world to not just hold the other guy’s hand.

Too quickly they were at Sehun’s locker so they waved goodbye to each other.

“Bye!”

“Have a nice weekend!”

And Luhan kept on walking to get to his locker, where he could see one of his ‘fangirls’ waiting for him and looking really nervous.

“Hi oppa~! I was wondering i-if uhm.. maybe you would like to go drink a coffee with me?” The girl put her long brown hair behind her ears and smiled her sweetest smile to Luhan, eyes shining in hope.

“I’m sorry but I’m busy! I’m sure one of your friends will want to go with you.” Luhan said as he looked over to the little group of girls watching them as it was clear it was her friends wanting to know how it went.

The girl smiled sadly and nodded before going away; she was probably going to cry with her friends because Luhan had rejected her but he couldn’t care less.

He took his bag and closed his locker, right when Xiumin appeared beside him.

“Ready to go?” Xiumin asked and Luhan nodded, “Then let’s go!”

And both guys started walking toward Luhan’s house.

 

-----------------------------------

Hi guys!! I AM BACK! This took me longer than expected but now I am on summer vacation so I will have plenty of time to write YAAAY!

I know this chapter isn't long but I've already started the next one, I am just A LOT too tired right now but I promise I'll post the next one soon, ok? :)

And thank you guys, I've reached 650 subbies, you're the best you all put up with me updating late, I love you :')