Eighteen

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

The bell rang. Finally. The afternoon was passing by so slowly it seemed like the time was stopped and Luhan was impatiently waiting for the end of class like someone waiting for something that’s never going to happen. Luhan was even surprised when the bell rang, he was seriously starting to think he would never get out of there. Maybe the time was so painfully slow because it was proportional to how impatient and excited Luhan was for the not-quite-a-date-but-we’ll-call-it-a-date-anyway. But now that he was finally out of this prison called a classroom, stress started to come over him. Will Sehun actually like the ‘date’? Will he be awkward with Luhan since it’s a public place and there will be other people? Luhan has to do his best to be funny and cute! But will Sehun think he’s annoying if he talks too much? And what if Luhan doesn’t know what to say anymore and it creates an awkward silence? What if Sehun thinks he’s boring and doesn’t want to see him ever again? Oh no!!  This cannot happen! Okay Luhan, take a deep breath and calm down! It’s not even a date and everything will be fine! Ugh why is this so stressful?!

Luhan was already at his locker, he threw his things in it, took his schoolbag and looked at himself in his small mirror (because yes, Luhan is a guy and he has a mirror in his locker, he doesn’t care how gay it is, he is gay anyway and he is freaking fabulous, end of story.) before closing his locker and walking towards Sehun’s locker.

He met Chanyeol on his way and his giant friend wished him good luck to which he smiled, a tiny smile because he was just too nervous right now.

As soon as he saw Sehun though, a natural smile appeared on his lips and he waved at him. ‘’Hey! Ready for bubble tea?’’

Sehun nodded. ‘’Always!’’

Sehun shut his locker and both guys started walking in the direction of the school exit. Luhan could feel Sehun’s hand so close to his and he had to use a freaking lot of self-control to resist the temptation and not just take his hand in his. He would like to feel the other’s warm skin against his but he was scared of how Sehun might react so he didn’t do anything.

No matter how comfortable the silence was, Luhan had to break it, ‘’So, did you decide if you’re going to ask someone to the dance? It’s coming soon!’’

The guys entered the little café and Luhan smiled at how nice it was: it was really comfy and colorful, just like Luhan likes it.

‘’I don’t know… I don’t really know who I could ask to the dance, and I think I won’t go accompanied.’’ Sehun replied, to Luhan’s disappointment.

 ‘’Why? I mean I know you don’t know that many people but I’m sure someone caught your eye! You just have to ask that person and that’s a good way to meet people. Well that’s my opinion anyway because, really, it’s a lot better when you go with someone.’’

‘Hmm’’ Sehun nodded, ‘’But, you tell me about it but it makes me curious: Why don’t you have anybody to go with? Well to what I know anyway.’’

Luhan blushed, ‘’Well… I was waiting for this guy to ask me to go with him. But he didn’t yet and honestly I think he never will… But I’m still hoping so I wait.’’

It was finally their time to order, so Luhan got a mango bubble tea and Sehun got a lemon bubble tea.

Sehun nodded, ‘’You want to go with a guy? I’m not judging you or anything I just didn’t know. But why don’t you ask him if he won’t do it?’’

‘’Well… I tend to be shy with my crush and I don’t want to be rejected I guess. And I’m thinking if he asks me it shows that he truly wants to go with me, he’s not just doing that because I asked, you know?’’

Sehun nodded (again), ‘’Yeah I guess I understand.’’

‘’But if you want to ask someone to go with you, don’t take example on me! Even more important if it’s a girl, because it is an unwritten rule that it is the guy who has to ask the girl!’’ Luhan added.

‘’Don’t worry, I know that! I just… well there is this person I’m thinking about but I’m really not sure if I should ask…’’ The last sentence was quiet, almost a whisper.

The waitress came to their table and gave them their bubble teas, which brought a smile on both guys’ lips – even Sehun smiled! Oh the power of bubble tea! – but Luhan curiously asked, ‘’Really? Who is it? You should totally ask them!’’

‘’Oh uh not really, I just.. I was thinking out loud. Yum, that bubble tea is de-li-cious!!’’

Wow Oh Sehun should get the award for The least subtle you can be when trying to change the topic in a conversation because that was failed. Well not that much actually, because Luhan decided to follow along and not ask too much because he knew he would be annoying and he really didn’t want Sehun to think of him that way.

‘’Yes it tastes soooooo good! That’s like pure bliss for my taste buds!’’

Luhan looked at his bubble tea, then got an idea. Oooh that will be so fun! Right? He only wishes Sehun will think so too.

Without thinking of it more and with an evil grin on his face, Luhan used the straw to throw a tapioca pearl at Sehun. The latter looked up at him, genuinely surprised and Luhan laughed and threw another one at him. Then Sehun started laughing too, and with a playful glint in his eyes he threw one at Luhan too and it hit him right on the head. Both guys only laughed louder and they got up so they could dodge the attacks, starting a mini tapioca war. They ran around the room (it was a kind of living room and they were the only ones in there), blowing tapioca pearls at each other and dodging, sometimes they would catch it with their mouth and sometimes it would hit them right in the face. The one Luhan was the proudest is when he hit Sehun’s . They looked like children playing that little game.

When it ended – aka when an employee told them to stop and clean the mess they made or they would be thrown out – they just lay on floor for a while, with little spots of bubble tea all over their body and face. They were smiling widely, totally happy. Luhan couldn’t be happier really, he had just managed to see the childish part of Sehun and he saw him laugh, smile and play, was there anything that could be better?

Suddenly, Sehun’s hand was in Luhan’s hair and the oldest didn’t know how to react. What was happening ? Why was Sehun touching Luhan’s hair? What is this unusual skinship that Sehun just initiated? What- Oh. Sehun laughed and threw a tapioca pearl away. So that’s all there was to it, Luhan just had a tapioca thing in his hair. Hmm, disappointing. But at the same time, not disappointing at all! Because Sehun just made skinship without being forced and without being shy and THAT is a super great thing for Luhan.

 

After the guys cleaned up a bit, they decided to finish their bubble tea while walking home because the employee’s glare at them was making Luhan a bit uncomfortable. As they exited the café, the first thing that was said was, ‘’Ugh clouds.’’ And that was Luhan complaining about the weather because it really wasn’t great. There were grey clouds darkening the sky and Luhan wasn’t particularly fan of this kind of weather. In Sehun’s presence though, he was able to forget about the weather. They chatted lightly on the way home, totally comfortable and happy – well for Luhan at least – of spending such great time together. At half of the way though, rain started to pour down suddenly, taking the young men by surprise. They started walking faster and pulled up their hoods on their head, but they still had a little while to walk. But the worst thing is, after a while, they heard a loud noise; thunder. There was a thunderstorm coming and both guys weren’t really enthusiastic about it so they walked even faster, trying to get home before a lightening hit them.

They finally got home, well at Sehun’s house because they had decided they would study together. They were flooded when they opened the door, and Sehun’s mother arrived at the door, looking worried. ‘’Oh Sehun you’re finally here! I was worried about you! Weren’t you scared out there with that thunderstorm? Oh- Hi… uhm..?’’

Luhan smiled and presented his hand, ‘’Hello Mrs. Oh, I am very pleased to meet you under other… circumstances. I am Luhan, your neighbor and Sehun’s friend.’’

Mrs. Oh shook his hand and smiled excitedly, ‘’Oh Luhan! You’re the pretty girl from the other day! Did you take good care of my little Sehun? He’s scared of thunder and lightning so I’m glad to know he wasn’t alone out there.’’

‘’Cuuute!’’ Luhan almost squealed because Sehun being scared of thunder was adorable to him, like everything else Sehun does. ‘’Oh crap, did I say that out loud?’’ Luhan’s face turned red instantly and he started stammering that he didn’t mean it and whatnot.

Mrs. Oh was smiling even more widely now, ‘’I know right, my little Sehun is so cute! He looks all manly and all but really, he’s just a little kid afraid of thunderstorms!’’ She winked at Luhan and he laughed, he definitely liked Sehun’s mother.

Sehun was all embarrassed though, ‘’MOM!! Stop it! I’m not a little kid, you don’t have to tell that to everyone okay, it’s not nice.’’ He pouted a little. Only a little but DAMN HE WAS SO FREAKING ADORABLE! Luhan just wanted to take a picture because of how cute he looked and it was the first time he saw him pout and being all childish.

Right at that time, there was a very loud thunder noise and Sehun jumped and whimpered quietly. Luhan’s reflexes decided that when someone was scared, he would hold his hand so that’s exactly what he did. Sehun avoided looking at him, probably too embarrassed and Luhan found that reaaaaaally cute.

‘’Ok mom, we’re going to study now!’’ Sehun said, trying to cover the embarrassment.

Sehun’s mother nodded, ‘’Alright but what I told you the other day is true although I now know Luhan is a guy! I mean, you’re old enough to have but use condoms anyway! None of you can be pregnant but there are STDs and please don’t make too much noise and-‘’

‘’MOM!!!’’ Sehun yelled, embarrassed before almost running to his room, without waiting for Luhan to follow behind.

Mrs. Oh laughed, ‘’He’s so cute when he’s embarrassed! Don’t you think so?’’ Luhan nodded with a smile and she continued, ‘’I’m really glad you’re here Luhan, Sehun never invite friends over and you seem to be a good kid. Please take care of my little Sehun since he’s afraid now, okay?’’

‘’Of course! You can count on me.’’ Luhan said and went upstairs to join Sehun. He found the younger lying on his bed with his embarrassed face hid in his pillow. Luhan did his best to retain his giggle because Sehun was just soooooooo adorable and it was too much adorableness in one day, but Luhan wasn’t going to complain.

‘’I’m so sorry, don’t listen to anything my mom says, she just likes to embarrass me. I’m not even that afraid of thunderstorms.’’ Sehun said and Luhan could hear the pout in his voice.

“Don’t worry, Sehunnie! I’m here so it’s alright! You don’t have to hide it you know, I’m your friend, I’m not going to judge you!” Luhan said comfortingly, because no matter how childish and trying-to-act-as-if-it-didn’t-affect-him-at-all Sehun was right now, Luhan knew he was still afraid and he wanted to make him feel better.

As if purposely to destroy Luhan’s attempts, thunder grounded loudly and the younger’s body tensed. Luhan felt compassion and sat on Sehun’s bed, and started his hair to comfort him. He doesn’t know what took over him; he usually would have been a lot too shy to do that and he was really uncertain of how Sehun would react. His heart was hammering in his chest in apprehension of what would be his reaction. But it was too late to turn back and Luhan didn’t really want to either, so he kept his hand in Sehun’s silky hair. To his surprise, the younger man didn’t do anything and after a little while, Luhan could see his body relax.

After a moment of this comfort, Sehun slowly turned around to look at Luhan instead of hiding his face in the pillow. “So… Do you want to study?” Sehun seemed to be awkward, embarrassed about his fear, and probably the fact that Luhan his hair.

“Hmm… I’m never really enthusiastic to answer this question… But yeah I guess I want to study.” Luhan answered and sighed, which succeeded in making Sehun chuckle.

“Alright, let’s do our English homework! I know you have some difficulty so I don’t mind helping you!”

Luhan smiled, “Aight, I’ll just put some music on and let’s start!”

Luhan put his iPod on to be sure Sehun wouldn’t hear the thunder, and he closed the curtains to be sure he wouldn’t see the lightings, and the boys started working.

 

----------------------------------

Hellooooooooooo!!
Here it finally is!!! :) I know it's shorter than most chapters but I really wanted to give you something guys, because y'all waited long enough.

Thanks for being so understanding, your sweet comments made my day! <3