Twenty-Eight

''I Bet You Can't Seduce Oh Sehun''

The sound of birds chirping outside woke Luhan from his peaceful sleep. He didn’t open his eyes though, not yet, because he felt so comfortable on the soft mattress and wrapped up in the warm blankets. He felt like he hadn’t slept so well in a long time. He vaguely wondered if there was a reason for his nice sleep but realized he didn’t care and it was too early to think. After a few minutes, he was awake enough to start the next step of waking up, aka opening his eyes. His eyelids fluttered open but closed immediately as the too bright sun rays hit his face. Now prepared for what was to come, he opened his eyes again and, after blinking a few times, he was able to keep them open.

He stared at the ceiling in confusion. This seemed a bit familiar but this was not his usual morning view and this was definitely not his bedroom. Then where was he? He panicked a little. The young man turned his head to look around the room a little and his eyes widened when he noticed for the first time that someone else was lying in bed beside him. He was in Oh Sehun’s bedroom, sleeping on his crush’s bed, with his crush sleeping next to him. Luhan thought he was probably still dreaming.

He panicked a little though, when he realised his sister was left alone! But that was until he remembered she had been sleeping at his aunt's place for the week. Phew, one less thing to worry about, he thought. He checked the time on his cellphone, the bright screen told him it was 11am. Woah he didn’t think he slept that much. Then he looked down at himself and saw that he was still in the same clothes from the dance event the night before and he understood that Sehun probably brought him home. It was strange how he couldn’t remember anything of it though, he hadn’t been drunk or anything. He shrugged the questions away and decided he would ask Sehun when the boy would wake up, for now he should just take the time to stare at his crush’s sleeping face. And that’s what he did; reveling in the beauty and the peacefulness of Sehun’s sleeping face was definitely going on his list of favorite things to do. The guy was so handsome and beautiful, Luhan was scared his eyes were glued on the other’s face forever because he didn’t have it in himself to look away. He noticed every single detail of the man’s face, even a little scar on the left side of his jawline he never saw before, and in that moment he wished he was an artist so he could draw the younger’s face himself, expressing the beauty he saw and the feelings he felt through art. Because he felt like words couldn’t describe how flawless Oh Sehun was.

After what was probably a twenty minutes of admiring Oh Sehun’s beauty, Luhan’s bladder cried for him to get out of bed. The Chinese boy got up quietly, making sure to not wake Sehun up and went to the bathroom.

When he entered the small room, he almost had a heart attack. On the mirror hanging on the wall in front of him, he could see the reflection of himself: his sleepy eyes, his disheveled morning hair, his creased tshirt and, in a much too obvious red color, a hickey on the skin of his neck. A freaking hickey. Luhan started to panic; where the hell did he get that hickey? And from whom? Did someone take advantage of him?! Oh my God maybe he was roofied!!! Or did Sehun do.. things to him?! What the ing hell happened?! Luhan didn’t drink enough to have done sinful things with Sehun, right? Right?!

Luhan emptied his bladder and went back in Sehun’s room in his panicked state of mind. He had to know how this hickey got on his skin, he just needed to know.

He smiled when he saw Sehun was already lying on the space where he had been just minutes before, noting mentally that Sehun moved a lot in his sleep. He then sat on Sehun’s sofa as to not wake up the other by crawling back in the bed. He didn’t know if the guy was a light sleeper but he didn’t want to take risks. He leaned his head on the sofa and tried to remember everything that happened the night before. They all went to the party, Sehun looked like a god, he succeeded in making his crush smile in a game of Honey I Love You, they laughed, played some drinking game, he found out Sehun was really bad at beer pong, they played Truth or Dare and had some really embarrassing dares to – Oh! That’s where the hickey is from! Luhan remembers someone got the dare to mark him with a hickey, but who was it? He couldn’t quite remember that detail and it made him go crazy. At least he knew it wasn’t a hickey acquired in some compromising situation or anything. He kept on remembering the memories from the night before, how he went on the dancefloor with Sehun and even though he felt great at the time, now that no alcohol was in his system he could definitely feel the embarrassment. He at dancing and he had been so close to Sehun! Why the hell did he even agree to dance anyway? Ugh, Luhan made such bad decisions sometimes. Though he couldn’t say it was that much a bad decision because if he doesn’t think about the embarrassment, that was even quite a good thing. Then after that they had gone outside and- oh. Luhan had kissed Sehun. And Sehun had kissed back. Luhan wasn’t sure how to process that new information. He kissed Sehun, again?! Wow, Luhan should stop doing that before he gets addicted to it or something – because he was really considering Sehun’s lips might become an addiction. But the scenery had felt so romantic and magical, how could he have not kissed him anyway?

But when Sehun wakes up… will it be awkward? Or maybe Luhan was super lucky and Sehun didn’t remember the kiss! Yeah, keep on dreaming Luhan, he was much more sober than you and you remember it. … Right. But would they have to discuss the matter? Because Luhan wasn’t ready at all for that. Oh but… Maybe Sehun thinks Luhan forgot about it! So Luhan could just not mention anything about the kiss and see if Sehun talks about it. If he doesn’t then everything is cool, but if he does then… Luhan will have to improvise. Yup that sounds like a nice plan.

Strangely enough, Luhan couldn’t remember anything after the kiss other than leaning his head on Sehun’s shoulder and just relaxing. He would definitely have to talk to Sehun about that. Or not. Because that would mean revealing that he knows they kissed. Oh well, Luhan would have to find a way to discover it without asking directly.

A grunting noise got Luhan out of his thought and he turned around to see Sehun waking up in his bed. The guy was now lying horizontally in his bed and buried his face in one of the pillows to hide himself from the bright sunrays. Luhan watched, entertained, as Sehun rolled around in his bed and grunted some more, clearly not happy with being awake. After a few minutes of nothing happening, Sehun slowly moved away from his pillow and blinked rapidly in order to keep his eyes open. He looked quite lost and had a few marks of his pillow creases on his right cheek and Luhan chuckled at how adorable he was when he just woke up.

“Morning!” He exclaimed, not too loudly, in Sehun’s direction.

That seemed to wake the guy up for real as his eyes widened, only now remembering that he was not alone.

“Uh, morning.” Sehun said in a hoarse morning voice and Luhan felt his heart rate increase at the sound of his hot voice. , morning Sehun wasn’t only adorable but he had the iest voice ever!

“What are you doing on the sofa?” Luhan looked up at Sehun with furrowed eyebrows; didn’t he have the right to sit on the sofa?

“Well I was waiting for you to wake up…” Luhan replied, unsure.

“Yeah but why didn’t you stay in bed? It’s a lot more comfy in here.” Oh. Luhan was just stupid thinking he didn’t have the right to sit on the sofa Sehun was just asking why he wasn’t in bed! But… This means Sehun would have liked Luhan to stay in bed with him?!

“Oh I didn’t want to wake you up by moving in bed or anything so I decided to sit here.” Luhan said with a smile. “Er… I have a few questions when you will be awake enough.”

Luhan thought he saw some emotion pass through Sehun’s eyes at his words but it was gone too quickly for him to give any meaning to it. It was too early for that anyway.

“Then come here and we can talk because I’m not moving out of bed.”

Luhan smiled at Sehun’s reply, really enjoying this side of Sehun when he just woke up; he acted like a totally different person and it greatly amused Luhan. He stood up and walked to the bed, then pushed Sehun to make some place for himself because his crush was too lazy to move by himself. When they were both comfortably sitting on the bed, Sehun looked at the older with raised eyebrows, clearly showing he was waiting for the said questions.

“Ok so I didn’t drink that much yesterday but there’s a few details I might have forgotten and I would very much like it if you could help me resolve a few mysteries.” Luhan waited for Sehun to nod before continuing. “Okay, first: who the hell gave me this hickey because I almost had a heart attack when I saw it this morning and the thought that someone might have roofied me crossed my mind, although now I am pretty sure it was during the Truth or Dare game.”

“Yeah it was during the Truth or Dare game, you’re worrying too much over that for nothing.”

“Yeah I am quite aware of that but my real question here was who gave me a hickey?” Luhan asked again and watched Sehun’s hesitant expression settle on his face.

“Well… it may or may not have been me. But it was a dare okay! I didn’t have any choice.” Sehun pouted as if to say that he really didn’t have any choice but oh god a pout was the cutest thing Sehun could do! Luhan felt butterflies in his stomach as he watched Sehun’s expression and he really had a hard time refraining himself from squealing loudly. Morning Sehun definitely was the best Sehun.

Luhan nodded slowly, as if thinking, but really he was just fangirling mentally. “Okay then next question: How did I end up sleeping here? I remember the party but I really cannot remember the way back home after the party.”

Sehun seemed almost… relieved. Was it because he thought Luhan didn’t remember the kiss? He was probably just as awkward as Luhan only thinking about it.

“Oh you don’t remember because you fell asleep. Well we went outside and you fell asleep on my shoulder so I asked Baekhyun if he was ready to leave the party and woke you up but you were still half asleep. So he dropped us at my house because your parents’ car was in your entryway and I didn’t really want to leave you at your house with them. So yeah, you slept at my house.”

Luhan didn’t even realize he had started to smile widely at some point during Sehun’s explanation. The guy was really sweet to take care of him like that.

“It’s like the third time I’m telling you this in three days but: you’re really sweet! Thanks for taking care of me.” He smiled genuinely at the guy and his crush smiled back, a warm, cute smile that Luhan wanted to take a picture of and keep it forever because he was so damn adorable.

“It’s nothing really, that’s what friends do, right?” Luhan had to stop fangirling in his mind because he was sure if it kept on going like that he would end up squealing out loud. “Any more questions?” the younger asked.

Luhan shook his head, “No, it’s alright. Oh well yes actually, one more: Did you enjoy the party? It was quite fun in my opinion but I might’ve been really annoying on you.” Luhan knew Sehun had told him he enjoyed the dance but he wasn’t supposed to remember that and he would like to hear it again so why not?

Sehun smiled at that. “Yes I really liked it, more than I expected actually. I… I really enjoyed to spend time with you, you weren’t annoying, you were actually pretty fun.” Luhan grinned and replied a small “Great”.

“Oh and your friends are nice. I… I didn’t know Xiumin had a boyfriend? I mean I thought you would’ve mentioned it to me with the amount of things you tell me.” Sehun chuckled before continuing in a much quieter manner, “The thought crossed my mind that Xiumin might have been your crush or something but I guess I was wrong.”

Luhan smirked in victory; so the Jealousy plan had an effect, uh? “I might have forgotten a few details sometimes… Why, were you jealous of Xiumin or something? Scared of losing the best person in the world, were you?” Luhan flipped his hair in a diva-like way and smirked at Sehun. He had no idea where all of this confidence came from but he definitely liked it.

Sehun replied, “Yeah I was definitely scared of losing Xiumin, but I guess I never really had a chance…”

Luhan’s eyes widened to extreme levels. Sehun… had a crush on Xiumin?!?! On Luhan’s best friend?! WHAT THE HELL?!

Then Sehun started laughing, really laughing. And Luhan stood there, dumbfounded. He was torn between enjoying Sehun’s laughter or wonder where his life was going if his crush liked his best friend.
“Oh my god, Luhan! I was just kidding! You should have seen your face though! PRICELESS.” Sehun was still laughing and only then did Luhan realize how stupid he was. He hit Sehun’s arm but started laughing too, laughing in relief, in love, and in happiness at seeing Sehun happy.

The laughter eventually faded and they enjoyed the silence for a while, until Luhan decided they had to do something.

“Let’s get up! We should eat something because I am starving! Oh, I could cook you a brunch to thank you for being so nice and taking care of me!”

Sehun’s lips turned into a small smile, “Naaah, my mother will cook us some awesome food, I’m telling you it’s nothing.”

Luhan nodded, “Okay then… I’ll just go home and change and I’ll come back after, okay? Well that is if you want me to come back later actually, I just realized I kind of invited me here to eat.”

Sehun chuckled, “Just go to change and come back to eat with us.”

That’s all Luhan needed to hear! He went downstairs and went to change at his house. When he entered the house, he took off his shoes and saw something in the living room. Was that… water? He shrugged, his parents probably just dropped something and didn’t have the time to clean the floor. But then he realized that there was a lot of water. He frowned and took a closer look. The water was actually covering the whole living room floor and it was everywhere in the stairs leading upstairs! Luhan hurried upstairs and stood there, horrified. Water was covering the floor everywhere. What the hell happened? Was all Luhan could think of. He heard a noise of running water from the bathroom so he checked in there.

The faucet of the bath was opened, water running to fill the already too full bathtub. Luhan’s mother probably decided to take a bath before realizing she didn’t have the time and forgot to turn off the tap, resulting in the water being on the floor of almost the whole house. The only rooms that weren’t affected being Luhan’s parents’ room, the kitchen and the dining room. Seeing that the problem was from the bathroom, Luhan hadn’t even hoped his bedroom wasn’t touched because it was right in front of the bathroom. He entered his room anyway and cursed under his breath because he forgot to clean his room and now a few papers and pieces of clothing were flooded. He sighed but went to his closet to take some clothes anyway, deciding he would have to change at Sehun’s place.

He had absolutely no idea what to do about the water problem and decided Sehun’s mother might be of some help. So he went back at his neighbor’s house and went in Sehun’s room, once again not even meeting the younger’s mom.

Sehun looked at him curiously when he saw him coming back in the same clothes, plus soaked socks.

“Don’t ask questions, I’ll explain the situation to you and your mom at the same time.” Luhan said and Sehun chuckled and nodded.

Luhan changed in new, fresh clothes and went back downstairs to meet Sehun and his mom. The woman was in her pajamas and she smiled warmly at Luhan, “Good morning, Luhan!” She exclaimed happily and Luhan bowed with his brightest smile, “Good morning Mrs. Oh!”

The two teenage boys sat on a couch in the living room, and since the room was right beside the kitchen, they could still talk with Sehun’s mother who was cooking a delicious meal.

Sehun looked at Luhan eagerly, waiting to know what Luhan had to say, “Okay, I wanted to wait until your mom was there because I have no idea what to do about it and I was thinking, perhaps since she’s an adult she knows what to do. There is water basically everywhere in my house. The floor is covered with water in every room except three, even upstairs. When I went upstairs, the water of the bath was still running and it probably ran for about…” Luhan calculated in his mind: His parents were probably gone at 5 in the morning and he had went to his house at about noon, this means, “7 hours. And I don’t know what to do? My parents aren’t home and I don’t even know if they’re sleeping here tonight anyway.” Luhan looked up at Mrs. Oh in hope of a solution.

She seemed to think about it then answered, “We should call someone to take care of it; I can do it after the brunch if you want. But your floors are probably very damaged and your parents might even have to change it. It’s sure that you won’t be able to sleep there tonight, maybe not even tomorrow.” She looked at Luhan with a smile, one that made her eyes disappear in half-moons. “Do you want to stay here for the weekend?”

Luhan’s eyes widened. He was already thinking about if one of his friends was free this weekend and would accept to have him stay at his house but he didn’t even think about staying here! He looked at Sehun to see what the guy thought of it; he didn’t want to be a bother to anyone. Sehun smiled at him, as if enthusiastic at the idea and it brought one of the brightest smiles on Luhan’s face.

“Well if it doesn’t bother you at all, then I would gladly stay here for the weekend!”

It was decided and Luhan was veeeeeery happy.

Then the food was ready so Luhan and Sehun went to sit at the table. The table was full: sundubu jiggae, kimchi, cooked rice, ddeokbokki, doenjang jjigae, and fried eggs. It looked delicious and it smelled heavenly; only looking at it made Luhan’s mouth water.

The three people put the food in their plate and started to eat happily. At some point during the meal, Luhan realized that Sehun’s mother was eying him and Sehun with a knowing(? amused?) smile. He looked up to her curiously then noticed that her eyes were on his neck, on his red hickey to be precise. Upon realizing this, Luhan’s eyes widened and he put a hand to hide his neck.

“Oh my god this is not what this looks like!” He exclaimed, almost screamed.

Mrs. Oh chuckled, not believing Luhan one bit and Sehun seemed pretty amused too.

“Seriously! It happened yesterday at the party but it wasn’t anything… ual, it was just a dare, I swear! Sehun, tell her!” Luhan was frantically trying to explain to Mrs. Oh that he did not do anything with his son but it really looked wrong. And Sehun just chuckled, enjoying Luhan’s embarrassment.

The woman spoke, “Don’t worry, sweetie, I know many things can happen at a teenagers party where everyone is drunk, I’m not reprimanding you or anything, you guys can have your fun.” She winked.

Luhan panicked and pouted cutely, “I’m telling the truth.”

Sehun seemed really amused and Luhan glared at him. How could he let his mother believe these things about them? And how could he be such a traitor to let Luhan defend himself alone in his embarrassment?

Then, Sehun’s mother started to laugh loudly, “I was just kidding, sweetie! You had that hickey yesterday and Sehun actually explained it to me when you guys got home because he didn’t want me to get the wrong idea. You know, you’re pretty funny when you’re embarrassed.” And she winked again.

Luhan wasn’t sure if he was extremely relieved or even more embarrassed. Or mad at Sehun because he was also enjoying seeing him embarrassed. Or thankful that Sehun took the time to explain the situation to his mom? UGH Luhan didn’t know what to feel and it was frustrating. So he just pouted cutely, which resulted in laughter from Sehun and his mom.

 

When the two boys had filled their stomach, Luhan bowed and thanked Sehun’s mother for the delicious meal and the friends went back in Sehun’s room. They didn’t do much, really, they lay on Sehun’s bed and decided to play video games and they chatted a little. Luhan was overly happy. He was spending time with Sehun, his crush was showing reactions and emotions and actually talking and they were just having fun. Luhan thought he would have a cramp in his cheeks at the end of the day if he kept on smiling that much; was there anything better that could happen?

The afternoon passed by quickly, too quickly if you ask Luhan, and after they ate a delicious homemade dinner, they changed into their pajamas and decided to watch a few movies.

“Comedy? Action? Romance? Horror?” Luhan asked Sehun, curious to know what type of movies he enjoyed.

Sehun seemed to think about it for a few second, “Comedy and Action? Is it alright for you?”

Luhan nodded and exclaimed, “Okay but one Horror movie too! Please?” He made his cute puppy eyes face at Sehun and the guy couldn’t suppress a smile.

“Ugh… But I hate horror movies!”

Luhan laughed but chose a horror movie anyway (Sehun didn’t say no!) and put it in the pile of ‘to-watch’ movies.

They settled on the bed, once again lying side by side and turned the TV on, starting with a Comedy movie. During the whole movie, Luhan glanced at Sehun everytime something funny was happening just to enjoy the smile on the other guy’s face. Sehun really had a cute and beautiful smile so Luhan didn’t want to miss any opportunity to see it. He decided he should watch Comedy movies with Sehun more often.

Then they watched the Action movie but, at the end, Luhan couldn’t even say what the story was about. At some point during the movie, somehow the two teens got closer and Luhan’s arm was now touching Sehun’s. The slight skinship was enough to distract Luhan for the whole movie, it was as if pleasant electric shocks were tingling up and down his arm. Since he wasn’t able to pay attention to the movie, Luhan decided to just stop watching and started watching Sehun’s concentrated face instead. It was a lot more entertaining if you ask Luhan. It was funny how sometimes his eyes widened, or his eyebrows furrowed or he just watched totally engrossed in the story.

When the third movie – the Horror movie – started, Sehun grunted only in seeing the name of the movie appear on the screen in gross letters and too much blood. This one was definitely Luhan’s favorite movie of the three and it didn’t take time until he was engrossed in the movie; he loved Horror movies. Not too long in the movie, Luhan realized that Sehun was even closer to him than he was before; their arms were touching and their legs were too. Was Sehun afraid of scary movies? Luhan looked to his right side to see Sehun’s scared expression on his face and he chuckled. The boy glared at him. “Don’t laugh at me ok, you better feel lucky that I actually let you put a horror movie on.” He said grumpily and it only made Luhan chuckle again.

So Sehun was scared of Horror movies, uh? That was quite interesting.

The movie kept on playing and when the real horror came on, Luhan heard Sehun whimper and saw him hiding his face in his pillow. It took everything in Luhan to refrain himself from squealing at how adorable he looked. The older put his right arm on Sehun’s back to comfort him a little and kept on watching the movie casually. But actually he was having quite a hard time focusing on the TV screen when Sehun was so close to him. At some point, Sehun gripped on Luhan’s arm in fear and hid his face in Luhan’s shoulder. Needless to say the blonde wasn’t even aware of the movie anymore, feeling his heart beat faster because Sehun’s face was on his shoulder and that was too much skinship for him to handle calmly.

“Do you want me to stop the movie?” he asked Sehun. Although he really wanted Sehun to stay so close to him, he didn’t want the younger boy to have nightmares or anything because of a stupid movie.

Sehun nodded slowly and Luhan grabbed the remote control to stop the movie. Sehun moved away from his shoulder and hid his face in his pillow in embarrassment, while Luhan his side to look at hiss crush. “I’m sorry I didn’t know you disliked Horror movies that much.”

“Don’t laugh at me okay, I know I am childish and scared for nothing.” Luhan thought he could hear a pout in his voice.

“I am not laughing at you! I find it cute actually.” Luhan admitted and he could see Sehun lift his face from the pillow with raised eyebrows. “What? It’s true…”

After that they decided to go to sleep, settling comfortably in the bed.

“Night Sehun, sleep well and wake me up if you have nightmares~”

“Night Luhan, I won’t have nightmares because I’m not a kid~” Sehun replied in the same tone.

One minute later, Luhan added, “Thank you for letting me sleep here and everything, I had a lot of fun today.”

Luhan could see a shadow of a smile on Sehun’s lips, even in the dark room. “I had fun too.”

Luhan turned in Sehun’s bed for the nth time that night. He couldn’t sleep; he was thinking too much. He didn’t quite know why but the thought of the bet had come haunting his mind, which was now filled with doubts and worries. Would Sehun end up knowing about the bet someday? And if yes, how would he react? In movies or books, when a similar situation happened, the person was always very angry when he/she found out. So Luhan was kind of scared to tell Sehun about the bet, but at the same time… what will happen if Sehun ever finds out about the bet by himself? Maybe he would hate Luhan forever! Ugh, why so many thoughts at such an ungodly hour? Luhan wants to freaking sleep!

He decided to try to think about good things instead, thinking that perhaps it would help him sleep more than worrisome thoughts. So he thought about Sehun – of course, everything is always about Sehun – about how he acted so sweet with him, how much he had changed so much since the first time Luhan met him, how he trusted Luhan enough to show him emotions and- oh my god! Sehun trusts me, the thought struck Luhan. If Sehun shows him reactions and speak to him like he doesn’t do with anyone else… it’s because his trust is hard to gain but he trusts Luhan! The realization hit Luhan. Hard. Why didn’t he ever understand that before?

But this means… This means that Luhan lied to Sehun – or at least wasn’t honest with his actions – at the beginning of their friendship but the guy was still putting trust into him, when he didn’t do that with anyone else. Wow. If Luhan didn’t feel bad enough before, now he did. He had to tell Sehun about the bet, the guy had the right to know! He would have to do that tomorrow though, because 3am probably wasn’t the right time, or at least he didn’t want to wake Sehun up.

That decided, Luhan tried to stop thinking as he kept on turning around in the bed for a few minutes. Which soon turned out in half an hour and Luhan still didn’t see any sleep coming to him; he really wouldn’t sleep at all if he didn’t tell Sehun about the bet, he felt too awful.

So it even though it’s 3.30am, Luhan whispered, “Sehun?” and waited… No response. “Sehun? Are you awake?” A little bit louder, but still no response. So Luhan rubbed Sehun’s arm gently, “Sehun?” he tried again.

The guy turned around toward Luhan and hummed in reply, not opening his eyes. “Sehun, are you awake?” He kind of really felt bad for waking up the guy at such an hour but he really wasn’t able to sleep. And sleep was precious to Luhan.

“No.” was Sehun’s reply.

Luhan chuckled, “You sure you’re not awake?”

Sehun sighed and his eyelids fluttered half open. He looked at Luhan with one eye closed and curiosity written all over his face, “What’s wrong? Are you having nightmares because of the horror movie?” He asked, teasing, and Luhan was surprised to see that he was able to be playful even when he was just woken up in the middle of the night.

“I’m really sorry for waking you up at this time. I… I can’t sleep and I have something to tell you. Do you think you’re awake enough?”

Sehun seemed surprised by the seriousness in Luhan’s voice and he nodded to tell Luhan he was ready to hear whatever he had to say.

“Okay so I am really sorry for what I am going to say and I understand if you hate me for the rest of your life for it or if you kick me out of your house. That’s always what happen in movies anyway. But please listen to the whole story before getting pissed, ok? So, uhm you can get mad at me and all and-“

Sehun cut him off, “Say it Luhan. I won’t kick you out of the house, I’m sure it’s not even that bad.”

Luhan took a deep breath, “I… okay I’ll start from the beginning. So, one day I went to school and I had been sick the day before so my friends were telling me what happened during my absence. And they told me there was a new guy at school and that he was emotionless: he always wore that pokerface and nobody heard him talk yet. Oh and Baekhyun added that you- er I mean the new guy had a damn fine .” Luhan chuckles nervously. “Kai was planning to flirt with him because he almost did that with everyone. And then I went to my History class and saw a guy I had never seen before in front of me. I immediately noticed him because, well everything can have my attention other than the teacher in that class. I saw that the guy didn’t show any emotion, but once again that’s basically everyone in that course who does that so I didn’t assume anything. But, uhm, that’s quite embarrassing I shouldn’t have started from that far in the beginning… Okay so when you- the new guy got up I kind of maybe looked at his and decided that that was one fine and jumped to the conclusion that this was really the new guy my friends told me about.” Luhan was blushing, really embarrassed at the fact that he just admitted to Sehun he liked his . Sehun looked at him with what looked like an amused expression. “And yeah, I don’t know what it was, but something about you had me curious and you ignored Kai when he went to you so that made you even more interesting. And then, I was hanging out with my friends and I jokingly bragged about the fact that everyone wanted me and…” Luhan took a deep breath but looked at his hands, unable to look at Sehun. “Kai bet me that I couldn’t seduce you. And I never said no to a challenge.” Luhan closed his eyes shut tightly, waiting for something, anything from Sehun, but nothing happened so he opened his eyes slowly, looking at his crush to see his unreadable pokerface.

“That’s the moment where you’re supposed to get super mad and either yell at me or start crying or both.” Luhan said hesitantly, not really sure what to do in front of Sehun’s neutrality to the situation.

Then the guy finally opened his mouth, “Keep on talking Luhan, I feel like the story isn’t finished and you asked me to wait until you’re done talking.”

Luhan felt relieved and he kept on talking, “Ok so I did accept Kai’s challenge. Then the next day I went up to you and introduced myself but you ignored me and that… that really awoke my interest in you. From that moment on, I wanted to know more about you. You, Oh Sehun, were a mystery I was dying to solve. So at first I tried to approach you with thought up plans, trying to win Kai’s bet. But I started to actually spend a bit of time with you and found myself enjoying your company and forgetting about what I called my ‘mission’ quite often. The times I used my mission were when… well there was that day where I started to try to act all y, yeah I know that was so failed but yeah. And there was also one time I acted super cute and . But honestly, most of the time I just forgot all about the bet when I was with you because I truly enjoyed your presence and I just wanted to make a new friend. It’s been a while that I decided I was not doing the bet anymore… So please don’t jump to the conclusion that everything I always did was fake and the only purpose was to win a stupid bet because that is SO false, I can’t even put it in words. Now, I’m done.” Once again, Luhan closed his eyes in anticipation.

“Luhan.” Sehun spoke up and Luhan opened one eye to look at him. “Stop being so scared of me like I’m a serial killer or something. I’m not mad.”

Luhan blinked, shocked, “But… In books the guy yells and-“

Sehun chuckled, “This is not a book, Luhan. I always suspected something of the sort anyway. And I believe you when you say you stopped the bet because I can see sincerity in your eyes when you’re with me.”

Luhan was quite surprised at that, “You mean, I’m that easy to read?”

Once again, Sehun chuckled, “Naah you’re not. Let’s just say I have quite a bit of experience. Now let me tell you something too…” Luhan looked up, eager to know more about his crush, “If I ignored you at first… It was because I knew you were faking, I could see the lack of sincerity in your eyes and I chose to ignore you at those times.”

Luhan’s eyes widened. So that was what explained it all?

“Now can I ask you a question?” Sehun asked and the older nodded. “Why did you decide to tell me about that?”

“Well…” Luhan started, “I just thought you deserved to know. I don’t want a friendship based on fake actions and a stupid bet, you have the right to know about that bet. And well I thought about how you trusted me at least a little when your trust was so hard to give and I felt like I was really lucky but I didn’t deserve any of that trust if I didn’t tell you the truth… so yeah.”

Sehun smiled warmly, really smiled and Luhan thought he could melt, “You see, that’s exactly why I decided to put my trust in you. And you know, you can quite read me a bit too.” He said and Luhan definitely wanted to fangirl right now. Why was Sehun such a perfect human being? Did Luhan save the world or something in his past lives to deserve someone so sweet in his life? Probably, was the conclusion he went to.

“Luhan… Thank you. For telling me the truth. Oh and for complimenting my , you can be sure I’ll remember that.” He chuckled and smiled again, the best smile Luhan had ever seen and it was directed to him. The thought that he probably saved the world more than once crossed his mind.

 

-----------------------------------------

What the hell?! o_O Okay so this is the longest chapter in history of this fanfiction (it's legit twice the usual number of words lol) and basically nothing happened xD I even added the last part which was supposed to be in the next chapter because I found this chapter so boring x) But yeah, don't worry because a lot more happens in the next chapter ;P

Today was the first day of school and I didn't die yay for me lol! To all of you guys who are going to school,good luck with it! :)

 I love you~