44

Worlds Collide: The Collision

 

 

Jungah was smiling to herself happily as she entered the hall with her cousin and the newly engaged couple in front of them.

“Where’s Yejin?” Lay asked her.

“I don’t know, she said she’d just catch up.” She grinned at him before walking towards the crowd, guests were already starting arrive. And Jungah wanted to see what her cousin’s reaction would be.

She felt someone tap her back.

“Yongguk.” She smiled.

“Troublemaker.” He greeted back. Zelo and Youngjae grinned at her.

“Good to see you back, Jungie.” Himchan smiled at her.

“You look pretty noona.” Jongup nodded, Daehyun just rolled his eyes at her.

“I don’t why you left your friend with Chanyeol though.”

“You’ll know later, enjoy the party guys.”

 

Jungah felt an arm snake around her waist while she was speaking with some of their investors.

She excused herself before pulling away.

“Hey.” She nodded, Kris smiled and squeezed her waist lightly.

“Your agung seems to be so happy.”

“One of the Xi children’s tying the knot, why wouldn’t he be?” Jungah chuckled, Kris nodded then he noticed that there were a lot of men in the room who had their eyes on Jungah.

“Ya.” Jungah stopped in front of him, Kris looked at her as she began to fix the lapels of his coat. He felt a triumphant smile form on his lips. Then Jungah wrapped her arms behind his neck and pulled him down.

“Looking good, tower.” She grinned before pecking his lips briefly. Kris just smiled.

“I know, I love you too.” He smirked.

Jungah just chuckled and let go of him.

 

Yejin stepped in the room clad in a lavender mini dress that bared her back and accentuated her long gams. Chanyeol smiled at her.

“What is she planning?” She asked. Chanyeol just shrugged and slowly let go of her.

“Good luck, Lee.”

Jungah saw her friend walk in, then she glanced around for her cousin, as she predicted, there were three young ladies talking to him. Now that Luhan was officially taken, they were getting the chance to snag Yixing.

It took three seconds for Yixing to look up and spot Yejin from the crowd, then Jungah could see a small smile form on his lips then he excused himself from the ladies and made his way to Yejin.

 

“Mei.” Luhan smiled and wrapped one arm around his sister’s shoulder.

“Unnie, congratulations, right out in the open!” She chuckled. Jinhee smiled and took her hand.

“I’m glad everything’s okay now, Jungah.”

“Me too unnie, but I hope my brother buys you a new car.” She nodded solemnly.

“There’s nothing wrong with my Volkswagen.”

“It’s pink. If you park it next to our cars, it would be a big~”

“Mei.” Luhan looked at her.

Jinhee just chuckled at the younger girl.

“I’m just kidding unnie, it’s your car.”

 

“That was fun.” Jungah said dryly as Kris joined her at the open garden right outside of the event hall.

“People skills.”

“I try.” She snapped, Kris chuckled and stretched his legs before him.

“But…how come you never told me? That I made you uncomfortable.” Jungah’s brows furrowed slightly as she glanced at him.

“If you were feeling that way, I could have done something.”

Kris just smiled.

“Because I didn’t want to cause you discomfort, I knew you needed a friend like him.”

Jungah snorted.

“I mean, he speaks your language.” Kris nodded.

“And you don’t?”

“I don’t speak Toyota Scion and Nissan GTR.”

“You already did!” She chuckled and leaned on him.

Kris just kissed the side of her head.

“I’m sorry, I should have seen that coming.” She murmured. Kris just shook his head.

“You have to explain something too.” He said.

“About?”

“You went drag racing, that’s fine. But one of the wheels started to burn? I saw the photos. The wheel ignited~”

Jungah sighed.

“It happens, Li Jiaheng.”

“Whatever happened to stay safe?”

“It’s still there.” She grumbled, Kris almost smiled.

“But still, Feilin.”

“I’ll keep it in mind, babe.

Kris just chuckled and wrapped one arm around her.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++