23

Worlds Collide: The Collision

 

“I’ll be back.” Jungah bowed politely towards the elders before making her way to the powder room. On her way there she took out her phone to check for any messages. She was about to walk towards the door to the ladies’ room when she heard voices.

“What are you trying to do? Revenge?”

“What are you saying?”

“You showing up here in Korea. Don’t say you don’t have anything planned, Nichkhun.”

Jungah paused.

“Planned? Why would I even- Look Seoyoung~”

“No, you listen to me, if you try to even get in between me and Lay-”

“Are you going to use him too?”

“What is it to you?”

“Wasn’t my family enough?!”

 

Jungah stepped back, her lips quivering.

Khun and Seoyoung.

Khun and Seoyoung.

So, is Khun the ex-husband?

Seoyoung used Khun?

Jungah shook her head and took a seat. Her mind was running in circles, then she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders.

“You okay?”

She looked up and nodded.

“You don’t look so well.” Kris frowned.

“I’m fine, let’s go.” She smiled as she took Kris’s hand.

 

Chanyeol snapped his fingers in front of Jungah again.

“Seriously, whats wrong with you?” He chided. Jungah scanned the room for Kris, she saw him talking with one of his colleagues.

“I just heard something that may or may not change a lot of things.”

“Like what? Nuclear technology?”

“Yes and I’m a part of this big syndicate.” She rolled her eyes, then she felt a presence beside her.

“Khun, hey.” She smiled.

“How’ve you been?” He asked.

“Alive, lately.” She replied, then she gestured towards Chanyeol.

“Khun, this is Park Chanyeol, Oppa this is Khun.” She introduced, Khun nodded and shook the other man’s hand.

“Before rumors get to you again, he’s my ex boyfriend and we get along.”

Khun chuckled.

“That was pretty blunt.” Khun nodded.

“We live in a dark world, Drag Racer.”

 

Kris glanced up momentarily and saw Jungah talking with Khun. Chanyeol was with them, listening.

His jaw hardened for a moment but he stayed in his place.

He remembered his talk with Daehyun a few days ago.

“Hey.” Daehyun greeted as Kris arrived at the track.

“Will this be finished by the opening?”

“Of course, uhm, there’s this thing,”

Kris glanced at the other male.

“It’s about Jungie, before that rumor thing went out of hand, she actually visited the track with that guy, the racer.”

Kris nodded.

“I don’t know how to tell you this, but he….he’s different. The way…he treats her…I mean they connect so well.”

“What are you saying?” Kris asked.

“Just hold on to her tight, that guy seems to like her.”

Kris passed his glass to the waiter and resumed to concentrating to the person he was speaking to while keeping his eyes on Jungah.

 

The young lady smiled to herself as she glanced at her old friends. She saw two young ladies with the two male Xi heirs.

“Lulu and Laynicorn.”  She mused quietly.

She stole a glance at Jungah, then her lips formed a wide smile as she noticed the handsome man with her.

“Aigoo.” She chuckled happily before walking back to her father.

 

 

 

Chanyeol fidgeted, there was something about the other male that made him question.

Does he like her?

It was the way Khun spoke with Jungah and the way he looked at her.

“Having fun?”  Kris’s deep voice joined his thoughts, he blinked. Kris was standing beside Jungah with one hand on her waist.

“Should I really answer that?”  Jungah mused. Kris just smiled and squeeze her waist lightly.

Chanyeol glanced at Khun, he didn’t fail to catch the latter’s eyes narrow a little bit the he looked away from the couple briefly.

Then his eyes went to Kris and Jungah, Kris was never the type to show any public for of affection in front of friends, there was something in the way his palm planted on her waist yelled to Chanyeol,

Competition.

And a warning.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++