22

Worlds Collide: The Collision

 

“Mei, kuai(hurry)!” Luhan hollered from the porch. Jungah grumbled as she stepped down from her room wearing a flowing emerald strapless dress that covered her legs and revealed a little bit of her Loboutin heels.

“Piao liang(Beautiful).” Yixing was smiling up at her, then he took his cousin’s arm and wrapped it around his.

“Let’s go, mei. Party’s waiting.” He grinned at her, his dimple showing.

Jungah’s heart ached a little.

“Yixing, how much do you know about Seoyoung unnie?” She asked in a soft tone.

“Hm, she studied at Japan for a while and I’m her first boyfriend since grade school.” Lay nodded.

Jungah nodded timidly.

First boyfriend?!

 

 

Heads turned as the next generation Xis entered the hall, Jungah was in between the two males, both of her arms looped around theirs.

“Why couldn’t you two just come with your girlfriends?” She grumbled lowly. Luhan chuckled. He saw some of Lotte’s department heads and gave them a polite smile.

“Don’t worry mei, Jinhee’s actually here.”

“Huh.” Jungah murmured. Lay smiled as he saw Seoyoung walk in just a few steps behind them. Jungah bit her lip and slowly let go of her cousin and her brother.

“Off you go, guys.”

 

Jungah bit her lip as she picked up a glass of champagne from the waiter, then she felt a presence beside her.

“Kris.” She murmured before turning. Kris smiled at her and looked at her dress.

“How much did Luhan pay you just to wear that?” He grinned at her.

Jungah shook her head and wrapped one arm around his.

“Ma’s looking for you.” Kris nodded towards his parents. Jungah smiled back at them.

“It’s been a while since I last saw them.” She nodded, Kris bit his lip and glanced around. Then Jungah stopped right in front of him fixed the lapels of his tuxedo.

“Tall penguin.” She laughed softly.

“So, how are you holding up?”

“I spoke with Lay earlier, Seoyoung told him that he’s her first boyfriend. Can you marry someone without dating them first?” She blinked at him.

“Political marriages.”

“Those things don’t exist anymore, tower.”

“Sure, babe.”

“Ew, not that word, please.”

Kris just chuckled and kissed her forehead.

“Come on, Ma’s going to pester me if I don’t bring you to our table.”

 

 

Khun stepped in the hall clad in a classic black and white Prada tuxedo, he glanced at his surroundings and he saw Jungah’s brother with another lady.

He mentally winced.

She’s here.

“You came.” Taecyeon grinned as he walked up to him.

“Your dad’s secretary is actually here you might-”

“No, don’t want to meet him.” Khun shook his head.

“Okay, well, Jungah’s here-”

“Khun?”

Khun spun around and found Seoyoung looking at him.

 

 

“..Can we talk?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++