nine

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
(J) - Jessica speaking
(YA) - Yoona speaking
(Y) - Yuri speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“What do you mean you think he’s hurt?” (L) It really didn’t make much sense. Either a person knew for sure if someone was hurt, or they didn’t. It was as simple as that. Of course, it didn’t help Myungsoo get any answers when he was basically shaking the poor male like crazy.
 
“Myungsoo! You’re not going to get any answers like that!” (SY) With Daehyun’s help, the two had managed to get Myungsoo to calm down before Sooyoung placed her hands on the other male’s shoulders. “Can you explain what you say?” (SY)
 
“I-I didn’t see anything! I just heard a bunch of sounds coming from the boys bathroom on the second floor. I heard two voices and one was definitely Himchan’s voice. He.. he said Yongguk’s name.”
 
“W-What?! That can’t- Wait!” (DH) Once the location and the status of Himchan had been given, Myungsoo had began running. The others quickly followed suit and before long, the group stood as close to the door as possible, trying to listen to what was going on inside. The girls knew that they couldn’t go inside at all, but the boys had to determine whether it was safe enough for Young Jae to come in as well.
 
However, the sounds they heard were definitely not the sounds of pain and agony that the majority of the group had been expecting. In fact, the sounds were causing a few of the people in the group to feel... very embarrassed. Myungsoo, trying to hold his composure, cleared his throat as he slowly began moving everyone away from the bathroom door. “I-I think he’s fine. Let’s just go..” (L)
 
“H-How do you know? The moans he’s making.. they could mean that he’s in pain..” (YJ)
 
“Yea! We should at least check.” (Y)
 
“THAT’S... not necessary. I agree with Myungsoo. I think that he is definitely okay.” (SY)
 
“But I want to see! You know, just to.. make sure that he’s alright.” (DH) Daehyun had used his fingers to add in air quotations when he said ‘alright’. Because of that, Sooyoung had slapped the back of Daehyun’s head, causing him to turn and glare at Sooyoung as he rubbed his poor head. “I was kidding!” (DH)
 
“Well, you deserved it you ert!” (SY)
 
“I don’t get it..” (YJ)
 
“You don’t need to. Let’s just go.” (L) Before anything else could be questioned, Myungsoo had soon gotten the grup moving. Young Jae and Yuri still couldn’t help but feel worried for Himchan, while Sooyoung was off in her own little world just imagining all the possibilities that Himchan and Yongguk were doing before silently squealing before it got too far. It was definitely something that none of them had been expecting after all!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Once they were outside, a few of them had noticed the darkening skies that loomed overhead. The only time that all of them had finally noticed the skies was when thunder sounded. Yuri smiled as she raised her hands up in an attempt to catch the rain that had yet to start falling. “It’s going to rain!” (Y)
 
“We should probably hurry then.” (L) Myungsoo didn’t really have any problems with rain, but if it rained down hard, he would prefer not to end up becoming sick because of it.
 
“We still have to get groceries, right?” (YA)
 
“Yep! Oh! Let’s make it a race. We should make it to where we have to pick really good quality items and be the first ones to finish our list by the time we get to Daehyun’s apartment. The first one there gets to eat first! So, let’s split up into teams!” (SY)
 
“How do we pick teams?” (DH) Daehyun was definitely determined to win. After all, all of the good stuff in whatever they were going to make would be gone by the time the second group began to eat. Of course, Daehyun wasn’t the only one thinking of this.
 
“We’ll base it on eating habits! I’ll go with Daehyun and Yoona.” (SY) It seemed perfect. After all, out of the six of them, those three specific people ate the most. That meant that they would do anything to win. Plus, she knew how Daehyun was whenever it came to competition and food.
 
“I-Is that fine..? I-I mean... not all of us knows how to get to Daehyun’s apartment..” (YJ)
 
“Oh, I can get us there easily! Believe in me!” (Y) Yuri took a hold of Young Jae’s hands and happily shook them as she nodded her head. “I can do it! I’ll be our guide!” (Y)
 
“Okay, okay. Calm down there. Anyway, let’s get to the grocery store before we begin the competition. That way, we start at the same time.” (L) It seemed like a good idea. At least on the way to the store, they could make up a list and how much is needed.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
It didn’t take them all that long to reach the grocery store. By then, they each had a list of items as well as the amount. Since there were six of them, seven including Jessica, they were required to gather a bunch of different items. So, in order to be fair, the had each team member basically go up against the opposite team member with those same items but with the amount cut in half. Myungsoo was up against Sooyoung, Yuri against Yoona, and of course.. Young Jae was up against Daehyun.
 
“Is everyone ready?” (SY) They all stood there, the team leaders (being Sooyoung and Myungsoo) the ones with the carts, as they each nodded. “Okay.. three... two.. GO!” (SY) Sooyoung’s team instantly went first, completely taking the other team by surprise before they began moving as well.
 
Young Jae looked around, his eyebrows furrowing as he searched as best as he could for the first item. His eyes instantly widened with joy as he spotted the first item, quickly making his way over as he looked through the meats. He thought for a moment, trying to figure out which ones were the best to pick out before he felt arms wrapping around his waist. He instantly turned red, turning his head to see that his captor was his newly formed boyfriend. “W-W-What are you doing..?” (YJ)
 
“Hugging you.” (DH)
 
“W-Why..?” (YJ) Sure, he liked it, but it seemed completely random for Daehyun to suddenly decide to hug him out in public. Of course, he also felt a bit uncomfortable showing displays of affection in public. People could be staring after all..
 
“Is it a crime to hug you? I just really want to hug you.” (DH)
 
“W-Well.. we’re.. in a race, right?” (YJ)
 
“Yea but... well.. okay..” (DH) Daehyun’s arms slowly slid off of Young Jae, a little too slow for his comfort as his face kept the shade of red that he seemed to wear often. Daehyun then stood next to Young Jae, looking through the meats. “Which ones are good to get?” (DH)
 
“You.. don’t know?” (YJ)
 
“Oh. I do. I was just wondering if you did.” (DH) Daehyun already had a plan in mind as he waited for Young Jae to answer his question. Daehyun did have an idea as to which meats were really good to pick. After all, he loves his food. He wasn’t about to not know what was good and what wasn’t. Either way, he just had.. a slight plan to confuse Young Jae just long enough to get himself ahead.
 
“Y-Yea.. I.. I think I do.” (YJ) Young Jae was suspicious of Daehyun, but for some reason.. he just couldn’t bring himself to doubting the male. As he picked up one of the various packaged meats, Daehyun instantly brought an hand to Young Jae’s, taking the meat out of his hand.
 
“No no no! This one is definitely not good! You shouldn’t get this one!” (DH)
 
“W-Why..?” (YJ)
 
“Look! The meat is not good at all! Think about it! You could save a lot more money if you went for the one that weighed less! Then there's the fact that it looks weird compared to all the other ones. I might be spoiled by now! We don't really know how long it's been sitting out here! Plus, look! Too much blood is in it! Do you really think it’s good?” (DH) Daehyun his lips as he stared at Young Jae, really hoping that his lies worked. Young Jae scratched the side of his head as he examined the meat, really trying to figure out if what Daehyun said was true. Had he been buying bad meat the entire time?
 
“A-Are you sure?” (YJ)
 
“Of course I’m sure! It’s just no good at all! Here, get this one! It is so much better than this meat!” (DH) Daehyun picked up one of the meats that wasn’t as good looking as the one that he was holding. Young Jae, the poor confused thing, took a hold of the meat and look at it. “Okay! Good, right? I’ll just take this meat so that you don’t end up taking the really bad one! I’ll make sure you win!” (DH)
 
Before Young Jae could say anything, Daehyun quickly began fast walking towards Sooyoung so that he could put the meat into the cart. Young Jae looked between Daehyun and the meat before something finally clicked in his head. “Y-YAH! D-DAEHYUN! C-COME BACK HERE!” (YJ)
 
The second he heard Young Jae’s voice, which had definitely surprised him, he began running. Young Jae ran after him, still holding the meat that he had been handed earlier. He still couldn’t believe that Daehyun had tricked him! Just as Daehyun placed the meat into the cart that Sooyoung was currently holding, Young Jae crashed into Daehyun by accident, sending the both of them flying. Daehyun pulled Young Jae into his arms, taking the brunt of the fall as they both finally landed. Young Jae opened his eyes once they weren’t moving anymore, quickly pushing himself up as he looked at Daehyun.
 
“D-Daehyun! I-I’m sorry! Are you alright?!” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled as he slowly pushed himself up, bringing a hand up to Young Jae’s cheek.
 
“As long as you’re alright.. I’ll be alright.” (DH) Young Jae turned red as he slowly got to his feet. Young Jae held his hand out, attempting to help Daehyun get to his feet. However, the second Young Jae began pulling, a surge of pain instantly shot through Daehyun’s elbow as he tried his best not to show it on his face. “A-Anyway.. back to the competition!” (DH)
 
Placing a hand on his elbow, he applied pressure as he turned and began walking towards his next destination. Young Jae frowned a bit as he looked down at the meat that was now currently on the ground. Picking the packaged meat up, his frown only deepened as he soon saw that it had been damaged upon impact. “Young Jae.” (SY)
 
Young Jae turned around and looked over at Sooyoung, whom was giving an encouraging smile. “It’s okay! Here, give me that meat. I’ll pay for it since it was an accident.” (SY)
 
“N-No.. it’s alright! It was my fault anyway..” (YJ)
 
“No, I insist! I have to help you! I mean sure, we’re not on the same team or anything, but you’re still my friend! So, go and get new meat while I go pay for this one, okay?” (SY) Young Jae didn’t know whether he would have been able to convince Sooyoung otherwise, but he decided to just smile and hand the meat over.
 
“Thank you Sooyoung.” (YJ) Once the packaged meat was in Sooyoung’s hands, Young Jae began making his way back towards where he had originally found the meat. Sooyoung sighed a bit as she placed the meat into her cart and slowly began walking.
 
“What am I going to do about that Daehyun..” (SY)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“We got here first!” (DH) Daehyun was definitely quite happy as he saw that the other group was nowhere in sight. By now, his elbow had stopped hurting too much and he was feeling quite excited. Fishing out his keys, he quickly unlocked the apartment door and just as he stepped in..
 
“Took you guys long enough.” (L) Myungsoo, Young Jae, and Yuri were all sitting around the living room with Jessica. They must have been having a nice conversation since there were finger foods out on the coffee table.
 
“Y-YAH! How did you get here so fast?!” (DH)
 
“Yuri knew a shortcut.” (L) Yuri giggled as she picked up another piece of food as she took a small bite out of it. She smiled as she crossed one leg over the other, looking over at the group that stood by the door.
 
“I told you that I knew the way.” (Y)
 
“E-Either way! The items! The items determine the winners!” (DH) It took some time, but once the items were out on the counter in the kitchen, Myungsoo, Sooyoung, and Jessica all looked at the items while everyone else stood in the back as they waited for the results. Daehyun bit his bottom lip, probably being the only one out of everyone there that was actually anticipating the results.
 
“Myungsoo’s team wins!” (J) Yuri let out a happy cheer, which Yoona ended up following as well.
 
“W-What?!” (DH) Daehyun walked up to the items that were there, looking at each and every one before.. his eyes landed on a rather beat up looking piece of meat next to the big plump one that he had taken from Young Jae. His eyes scanned over to the other side, seeing two really good pieces of meat as well. He mentally smacked his head, forgetting that he was supposed to have gotten two rather than just one, but then again.. where did the second one come from? Still, they lost fair and square either way.
 
Without really asking why anymore, he sighed as Young Jae and Yoona began cooking. Jessica attempted to help, but because of both Daehyun’s and Sooyoung’s warnings, to which Jessica severely punished them, Young Jae and Yoona kept Jessica out of the kitchen. As the group sat around, they waited patiently while the duo did their magic.
 
“Yah. Jung Daehyun. You need to be more careful with your boyfriend!” (SY)
 
“ME?! HE’S the one who tackled me!” (DH)
 
“What? You got tackled by Young Jae?” (L) Myungsoo laughed a little, causing Daehyun to glare at Myungsoo. Did he just have fun reveling in teasing him?
 
“Yah. Why didn’t you tell me Young Jae was so strong?” (DH)
 
“Oh? You expect me to tell you everything? He’s your boyfriend. Why don’t you actually ask him?” (L) Daehyun thought for a moment. It was true. Now that he was dating Young Jae, he should probably start learning more about him. After all, he basically knew little to nothing about him except for the fact that he was smart... and pretty cute.
 
Daehyun got up from his seat, quickly making his way over to the archway that led to the kitchen. He peeked out from the side, looking over at Young Jae’s backside as the male spoke with Yoona about what they were doing. “Psst..” (DH)
 
Daehyun waited patiently, waiting to see if Young Jae had heard him. However, when the male just continued chopping away at the various vegetables that he had on the chopping board, Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed a bit. “PSST...” (DH)
 
Still, nothing. “PSST! YOUNG JAE!” (DH) Young Jae looked around before turning and looking over to look at Daehyun. Daehyun motioned for him to come over before hiding himself a bit better behind the wall. Young Jae chuckled a bit as he turned to Yoona.
 
“I’ll be right back. Daehyun’s calling me.” (YJ)
 
“Okay. I can handle things until you get back.” (YA) Placing the knife down onto the chopping board, Young Jae quickly washed his hands before drying them off with a nearby towel and making his way over to Daehyun. Before a word could be said, Daehyun took a hold of Young Jae’s wrist and led him away from everyone else before entering a room.
 
Daehyun slung Young Jae onto the bed before closing his bedroom door. Young Jae to his back, looking up at Daehyun with a confused look on his face. “W-What are we doing in here?” (YJ)
 
Daehyun turned and smirked a bit as he slowly made his way over to Young Jae, instilling some sort of fear into him. Young Jae slowly pushed himself back, attempting to keep the space between him and Daehyun the same. It had worked.. until Daehyun began crawling across the bed and Young Jae had soon came to meet the bed’s wooden frame.
 
“D-Daehyun.. W-W-What are you doing?” (YJ) Young Jae turned an immense shade of red as Daehyun slowly came closer and closer. Already, they were just mere inches away from their lips actually touching before Daehyun finally came to a stop.
 
“I want to kiss you.” (DH) Young Jae’s eyes widened, his ears burning from a single statement. Young Jae froze once again as he felt Daehyun’s fingers slowly gliding down his cheek, making a stop every now and then. “In fact.. I want to do many things to you..” (DH)
 
“I-I-I-I.. I don’t know i-if I’m ready... I.. I...” (YJ) Young Jae looked off to the side, trying to collect his thoughts. He didn’t know how to react in this kind of situation. In fact, the only thing that seemed to know what to do was that region down there and he definitely wasn’t ready for that!
 
Daehyun chuckled a bit as he turned Young Jae’s face before placing a soft kiss on his cheek. He then pulled away, sitting himself in front of Young Jae as he watched the male’s reaction. “It’s okay. I want to go nice and slow also.” (DH)
 
Young Jae turned his face to look at Daehyun as his eyes widened once more. Slowly, he lifted his hand up to his cheek and pressed his fingers against it. “Y-Y-Y-You kissed me.. I.. Am I.. supposed to kiss you back..?” (YJ)
 
Daehyun chuckled a bit as he slowly shook his head. “You don’t have to, but you can if you want.” (DH)
 
Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he thought about it. Daehyun looked around, attempting to pretend that he was thinking of something else as he turned his head so that his cheek was facing Young Jae, tempting the poor boy. Giving into temptation, Young Jae pushed himself forward and shut his eyes as tight as possible as he puckered his lips.
 
Before contact with Daehyun’s cheek could be made, Daehyun had turned to face Young Jae since he seemed to be taking so long and before he knew it, he found his eyes widening as their lips came into contact. Young Jae, fairly certain that cheeks did not feel like this when kissed, opened his eyes slowly before they too shot wide open.
 
Young Jae quickly pulled away as he heated up, nearly hitting his head on the bed as he kept his eyes on Daehyun. He couldn‘t believe what had just happened! “T-T-T-T-That was m-my first kiss! Y-You.. I.. I..” (YJ)
 
Young Jae quickly got to his feet as he soon fled out of the room. Daehyun could only watch Young Jae flee, a bit surprise himself. Sure, he had been teasing Young Jae with the close encounters of their lips, but he wasn’t going to actually do it unless Young Jae was ready! It took him some time to snap out of his trance, but once he finally did, he was on his feet and running after Young Jae. “W-Wait! Young Jae!” (DH)
 
He instantly came to a stop when two girls stood in his path, both glaring at him. “YAH! What did you do to Young Jae?! He was all hysterical and Myungsoo had to pull him out to calm him down!” (SY)
 
“Did you try to force yourself on that boy?! This is why you don’t date! You have no manners or regard to people’s feelings!” (J)
 
“I didn’t do anything! It was an accident!” (DH)
 
“What did you do?!” (SY) Daehyun thought for a moment as he looked down at the ground. How was he going to say this, that he happened to turn his head when Young Jae was about to kiss his cheek and they ended up accidentally kissing on the lips? That was definitely not something that was going to be believable!
 
“YAH! Daehyun! Don’t space out!” (J) Daehyun pushed his thoughts away as he turned to look back at his older sister.
 
“I don’t have time. Where’s Young Jae?” (DH)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“So.. tell me what happened.” (L)
 
“H-He.. We... We kissed! W-We really kissed, Myungsoo!” (YJ) Instead of sounding hysterical or sad or annoyed, he was.. actually happy. Sure, he hasn’t gone on a date with Daehyun yet, but he actually got to kiss him!
 
“And..? How do you feel?” (L) Myungsoo, on the other hand, wasn’t entirely sure how he felt about hearing his little innocent Young Jae being taken advantage of in a bedroom by his new boyfriend.
 
“I.. I think I liked it...” (YJ) Young Jae turned red once more as he slightly turned from left to right and vice versa, looking down at the ground. “I.. I’m really glad.. that I got to kiss Daehyun. I-Is that bad.. since it’s so soon?” (YJ)
 
Myungsoo smiled as he ruffled the boy’s hair. One way or another, Daehyun was somehow making Young Jae grow up faster in the short amount of time that he’s known him. “No, it’s not bad. Just make sure you don’t do the.. hanky panky too soon.” (L)
 
Young Jae turned red as Myungsoo used the term that Young Jae usually used. Did it make any sense for someone as knowledgeable as Young Jae to use such a childish term? Well, it did in a way. “O-Okay.. I’ll make sure.” (YJ)
 
“Good boy.” (L) Myungsoo ruffled Young Jae’s hair once more before turning to look towards the apartment door. “Okay, then let’s head back in. I’m pretty sure Daehyun is getting an earful by now because of your.. little stunt earlier.” (L)
 
Young Jae nodded and the pair went back into the apartment. Just as Myungsoo had said, Daehyun was seated at one of the lone chairs and was getting two different earful’s from both Sooyoung and Jessica. Yuri had gone into the kitchen to go help Yoona with the cooking, since Young Jae seemed to have taken a bit too long. Daehyun’s eyes went up towards Young Jae as he quickly got to his feet and ran over to him, placing his hands on Young Jae’s shoulders.
 
“I’m sorry Young Jae.. I... I didn’t mean to do it. It was an accident, I swear!” (DH) Young Jae couldn’t help but feel a bit sad that his first kiss had been an accident. However, he still had his first kiss and it was with someone that he really liked, so he almost didn’t care as he gave Daehyun a small smile.
 
“I-It’s okay Daehyun.. I.. I really liked it..” (YJ) Daehyun smirked a bit before taking Young Jae completely by surprise as he leaned in forward and pressed his lips against Young Jae’s lips. Young Jae’s eyes widened as he gripped onto Daehyun’s shirt, his hand tightening its grip as his face began turning red once more.
 
Myungsoo, feeling awkward as he stood there, quickly side stepped the couple as he moved past them to go help in the kitchen. Both Sooyoung and Jessica couldn’t help but watch in pure awe. Oddly enough, it just seemed like Sooyoung’s fan girl eyes had rubbed off onto Jessica. Of course, it was possible that it was actually the other way around.
 
Finally, Daehyun parted his lips away from Young Jae, whom still stood in complete and utter shock as he stared at Daehyun. Words didn’t seem to want to come to him and yet, he wanted to say something. Anything! “Y-You.. I..” (YJ)
 
“Well.. you said you liked it. I.. really liked it too.” (DH) Daehyun took a hold of Young Jae’s hand and led him back to the couches where Sooyoung and Jessica were both sitting, their hands up at their cheeks as they continued to stare. “Yah. What are you two doing?” (DH)
 
“N-Nothing.” (SY) Sooyoung and Jessica quickly turned away, their eyes glancing over at the pair every now and then just to make sure that they didn’t miss anything. Daehyun only sighed as he seated Young Jae onto the couch, wrapping an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders and pulling him closely to him.
 
“A-A-Aren’t we going... too fast?” (YJ)
 
“Too fast?” (DH)
 
“Y-You’re already.. putting your arm around me.. and hugging me a lot.. and we just kissed.. W-We haven’t even been on a date yet..” (YJ) It really was a lot for Young Jae to take in. Daehyun had said that he wanted to take it slow, but it just seemed like he was trying to rush through things. “I-I mean.. I..” (YJ)
 
“No, you’re right. I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I’m getting a bit.. impatient because I didn’t ask you out first. I’ll make sure to slow things down from now on, okay?” (DH) Young Jae looked up at Daehyun, whom smiled at him happily. Young Jae nodded happily in response.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“How’s the food coming along?” (L) Myungsoo looked around at everything as Yoona and Yuri continued busying themselves with everything. Besides the main course, all of the side dishes had to be prepared as well and with only the two of them working, it was quite a lot of job. However, they were definitely capable of holding their own.
 
“It’s going well! The food should be done in about an hour or so.” (YA)
 
“Do you need any help?” (L) Yoona looked around while Yuri continued chopping away at vegetables. Once Yoona’s eyes had scanned everything, she looked back towards Myungsoo and shook her head. “Well, okay then. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask, alright?” (L)
 
“Okay!” (YA) Myungsoo smiled a bit as Yoona turned back to focus on her cooking. Turning around, Myungsoo entered back into the living room where Jessica was now currently pulling away at Daehyun’s cheeks.
 
“YAH! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN’T ASK HIM OUT?!” (J)
 
“N-NOONA! YAH! YOU’RE GOING TO RIP MY CHEEKS OFF!” (DH)
 
“I DON’T CARE! YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED HIM OUT WHEN I TOLD YOU TO!” (J) No matter how hard Daehyun tried to get his sister to let go, her death grip just seemed near impossible to escape from. Sooyoung and Young Jae were off on the other couch, watching as one felt fear and worry while the other felt amusement. Myungsoo sat next to Young Jae, looking over at the pair.
 
“What’s with them?” (L)
 
“I.. I think Jessica is mad that.. Daehyun didn’t ask me out first.” (YJ) Myungsoo chuckled as the three of them continued to watch the two fight each other.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Well, that's what happened with Himchan and Yongguk.
If you're confused.. Well.. Let's just say that..
Yongguk didn't actually punch Himchan.. or hurt him in any way.
About the scene though, I will explain that in the next chapter!
 
Annnnd... yes... I got.. lazy.
I decided to stop minimizing the (DH) stuff
Buut, if you guys want it minimized and italicized like before, please do tell me!
That way, I can continue doing so so that everyone is happy. x3
 
On another note, Mwahahahaha..
The two had their first kiss >3<..
And Young Jae nearly fainted when Daehyun kissed him the second time.
Yep.. I felt it in my bones and was quite tempted to make it happen. xD
Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying the fanfic >3<.. ]]