fifteen

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
(S) - Sungyeol speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“YAH! YOU PUNK! YOU REALLY DID STAY AT DAEHYUN’S HOUSE!” (SY) Sungyeol stood at the doorway that led to Young Jae’s bedroom as the younger male looked up at him with widened eyes.
 
“H-Hyung..” (YJ) Now that his older brother was right there in front of him, he finally remembered what he had forgotten about earlier. He bit his bottom lip as Sungyeol entered the room and closed the door behind him before sitting down in front of Young Jae.
 
“Yah.. Young Jae. Do you know how worried I was? Do you REALIZE how many times I called and texted you time and time again?! AND FURTHERMORE, H- Whose clothes are those?” (SY) Sungyeol took a hold of Young Jae’s sleeve, lifting it up before letting his arm drop back down.
 
“O-Oh.. um.. Noona gave them to me and Daehyun..” (YJ)
 
“Noona? What noona?” (SY) Sungyeol raised a single brow, curious as to who this noona was. Judging by the clothes and the really good quality of the fabric, he doubted that it was some random noona off the streets.
 
“O-oh.. um.. D-Daehyun’s noona, Jessica-sshi.” (YJ) Sungyeol’s eyes narrowed a bit before crossing his arms. No, he wasn’t going to think about that for now. This.. Jessica or whatever was just a nice person. She wasn’t the problem here, it was Daehyun!
 
“I don’t care anymore! Did you and Daehyun do anything naughty naughty?” (SY) Young Jae turned red as he looked away, refusing to make eye contact with his older brother. Sungyeol’s eyes widened as he noticed this, already knowing the answer before Young Jae could say anything. “YAH! YOUNG JAE! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!” (SY)
 
“H-Hyung! W-We.. we didn’t... I..” (YJ) Young Jae definitely had no idea as to how to answer his older brother. He wasn’t the type to lie; it was too difficult for him. However, he usually tried to avoid the truth as much as possible if it was necessary.
 
“Yah.. Young Jae. What did you two do? Did he touch you in an inappropriate area?” (SY) More silence as well as a darker shade of red on Young Jae’s face. Sungyeol’s mouth hung there for a moment, completely speechless before he scoffed and placed his hands on his hips. “Did YOU touch him in an inappropriate area?!” (SY)
 
Again, more silence and yet.. a still red Young Jae. Sungyeol placed his arm up to his forehead, nearly falling backwards before he caught himself. He felt like he was going to faint! He felt like he was going to just drop dead because of his baby brother! His baby brother, of all people, had touched, TOUCHED, another man in an inappropriate area! What was the world coming to when someone as innocent as his baby brother would dare do such a thing!
 
“Were either of you penetrated?!” (SY)
 
“N-No Hyung!” (YJ) This time, Young Jae finally got an answer out. Sungyeol let out a small sigh of relief before he narrowed his eyes once again and stared at Young Jae, whom.. sadly, could not keep eye contact with his older brother.
 
“Good.. BUT.. Did either of you use your mouths to su-” (SY)
 
“N-No hyung! W-we didn’t do that either..” (YJ) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he stared at his older brother, though his reddened cheeks continued to keep that shade. He had seen in the film that the two males would put such things in their mouths, but he never once thought about doing that to Daehyun or vice versa.
 
Sungyeol let out a small sigh. It was good and not good. It was good because they didn’t do anything and thus, they most likely didn’t release themselves, but it was bad because they still touched each other. Hey, wait a minute.. “Did you release?” (S)
 
Young Jae flared up again, looking down as he played with the hem of his shirt. Sungyeol’s eyes widened as he grabbed at his shirt, falling off of the bed as he took in deep breaths. Young Jae’s eyes widened as he moved off of the bed and bent down next to Sungyeol. “H-Hyung! A-Are you alright?!” (YJ)
 
“You’re going to cause my death, you hear me Young Jae?! You’re going to cause my death”! (S) Young Jae let out a small sigh as his older brother continued to pretend to have a heart attack of some sort. It was a strange heart attack, but he still didn’t know if Sungyeol was faking it or not.
 
It had been a little over a month since the day.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae sat happily off to the side, watching as the five members continued their dance practice. The day had been long and thanks to all their pent up energy, they were giving all they’ve got in better learning the choreography that Daehyun had managed to come up with about two weeks ago. Since then, the group had been practicing as much as they possibly could, especially with the dance competition coming around the corner in less than two months.
 
Finally, the song came to an end and Daehyun quickly jogged over to the music player to pause it. Letting out a sigh, everyone went to their bags to get a drink of water while Daehyun made his way over to Young Jae. He sat down near Young Jae, grinning a bit as Young Jae handed the water bottle to him. “How was it?” (DH)
 
“I-It was good.” (YJ) Daehyun gave a quickly smile before placing the water bottle to his lips and tilting his head back to take a long, well deserved drink. Young Jae smiled a bit as he tried to think for a moment. Almost this entire month now, Sungyeol had been around Young Jae constantly, making sure that Daehyun wouldn’t be able to even get within ten feet of him. It was tiring, but finally, Young Jae had managed to get Sungyeol to stop. This was probably their first day where they didn’t have Sungyeol trying to pull him away.
 
“Do you wanna go on a date?” (DH) Young Jae turned his attention back to Daehyun, trying to register what Daehyun had just said. It took a moment or two, but he smiled a bit before he nodded. Daehyun grinned as he took another sip of the water bottle. “Good. I already have a place in mind.” (DH)
 
“W-Where?” (YJ) Young Jae had been happy enough with just the thought about going on a date after all this time. He was just a bit surprised that Daehyun already had an idea as to where to spend that date. After all, he had just asked him at this moment.
 
“Oh, it’s a surprise. Since it’ll be our third date, I want to make sure that it’s memorable. So no spoilers!” (DH) Daehyun grinned before ruffling Young Jae’s hair up. Young Jae smiled a bit before nodding. Surprises were always nice after all and Young Jae didn’t mind as long as the surprise was good.
 
Once Daehyun had rested up enough, he handed the water bottle back to Young Jae before getting up and making his way back to the others, where they were currently waiting. “Okay. Should we start from the beginning?” (DH)
 
“Yea. Our synchronization is important.” (L) As the group spoke, Himchan quietly slipped into the dance studio and made his way over to Young Jae. Sitting down next to him, he smiled a bit before looking at the group, whom seemed to not have noticed his marvelous presence.
 
“How is their practice going, Young Jae?” (HC)
 
“Um.. I-I think that.. it’s going well. They’re keeping up with each other really well..” (YJ) Himchan slowly nodded, but said nothing else. Young Jae turned his own gaze back to the group as the music started back up and they started from the beginning once more.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Once the group was done practicing, everyone headed back home except Daehyun and Young Jae. Young Jae stood there in the middle of the room, waiting for Daehyun to gather his things. Looking at himself in the mirror, he furrowed his eyebrows a bit as he attempted to remember the choreography that Daehyun and the others had done. Slowly, he began moving, but it seemed a lot harder to actually do.
 
Daehyun turned around and smirked as he saw Young Jae moving like an awkward turtle. Daehyun stood there, watching Young Jae attempting to dance before Young Jae finally looked over at Daehyun and turned red, quickly turning away from him. “Yah.. if you wanna learn to dance, just say so!” (DH)
 
“I-I-I don’t need to though..” (YJ) Daehyun placed his things back down as he made his way over to Young Jae. Daehyun wrapped his arms around Young Jae’s waist, resting his chin on Young Jae’s shoulder as he grinned.
 
“I’ll teach you if you wanna learn.” (DH)
 
“I-Is that.. alright..?” (YJ) Young Jae really did want to learn the choreography also. It looked like fun to dance, but.. he just wasn’t really one of those people that could dance or rather, he never tried it much. He did try to do a cover of a dance once, but he only ended up looking silly in his opinion.
 
“Sure! Since I’m a great teacher, I’ll make sure that my boyfriend looks super cool and awesome! Go put your things down and take your blazer off.” (DH) Daehyun turned Young Jae around as he let go of him before giving him a light push towards where his own things were. Young Jae reluctantly looked at Daehyun before slowly making his way over to Daehyun’s things. While he did that, Daehyun quickly made his way back over to the stereo to plug his music player back in.
 
As he placed his things down, Young Jae kept looking back over to Daehyun, almost as if he was expecting Daehyun to say that he was just kidding. Once his blazer was off and his sleeves rolled up, he slowly made his way over to the center where Daehyun was now currently waiting. “D-Daehyun.. I-I don’t know if this is a good idea..” (YJ)
 
“Why not? It’ll be fun!” (DH)
 
“I-I can’t dance..” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled, causing Young Jae to turn red once again. His boyfriend was really cute. Of course he could dance! Not everyone can dance really well if they don’t even bother to learn it!
 
“Sure you can! You just haven’t found the right teacher yet! Or at least.. until now anyway. Come on, I’ll show you first how it goes and you pay attention, okay?” (DH) Young Jae nodded as he took a few steps back once the song started playing. He watched as closely as possible, trying to remember the choreography to the best of his abilities. Sadly, once Daehyun finished and ran over to pause the music player, the choreography just didn’t seem to come back to him.
 
“D-Daehyun.. I really don’t think I can do this..” (YJ) Daehyun made his way back to Young Jae, his eyebrows furrowed and his hands on his waist. Why was Young Jae like this? Well, he was just going to have to fix that!
 
“Stop doubting yourself! Come on, it’ll be fun. Just follow what I do and you’ll get it in no time! After all, it took me and everyone else nearly two weeks to get the choreography down! Heck, we don’t even have the synchronization down yet!” (DH)
 
It was true. Just learning the choreography took some time and they were just now getting to the parts that they were having trouble with. Plus, they were still working on trying to synchronize with one another. They had to work extra hard since the competition was in less than two months now. “O-okay.. I-If you say so..” (YJ)
 
As Daehyun slowly went through the movements, Young Jae tried his best to follow along. Every now and then, Daehyun would stop to fix Young Jae so that his positioning was correct. Also, some times, he would end up wrapping his arms around him while he fixed Young Jae’s positioning, just to have a reason to wrap his arms around him.
 
“L-Like this..?” (YJ)
 
“Yea. That’s good. Now put bring your foot forward and turn it at a slight angle... That’s it! Good! You’re learning well.” (DH) Young Jae turned red as he smiled slightly. He was glad that he was getting it and after about an hour of going through the steps multiple times, Young Jae was finally remembering how the choreography was supposed to go.
 
After another hour passed and Daehyun made sure that Young Jae was up to speed, Daehyun played the music and danced along with him to see if he really did had the choreography down. Two, maybe three more times before Daehyun finally stopped the music. Both panting but with smiles on their faces, Daehyun finally disconnected his music player.
 
“I-I think I finally got it Daehyun!” (YJ)
 
“Yea. You’re a fast learner. See? I told you that you had the ability to learn.” (DH) Daehyun grinned as he made his way over to a rather excited Young Jae. “Now, if anything happens to me, you can take my place.” (DH)
 
Young Jae pouted as he crossed his arms. “Daehyun... don’t say that! What if something bad really did happen to you? I-I.. I don’t want to think that something bad would happen...” (YJ)
 
“Ah.. sorry, sorry. I didn’t really mean it. I was just trying to compliment you.” (DH)
 
“Well.. okay..” (YJ) Young Jae’s pout turned into a smile as he leaned in close to Daehyun and kissed his cheek before they both made their way over to their things. Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he looked at Daehyun, the other male preoccupied with collecting his things. Young Jae picked up his own things quickly, but he kept his eyes on his boyfriend “Daehyun..?” (YJ)
 
“Hm?” (DH) Daehyun didn’t look at Young Jae, but he was paying attention. Once his things were off the ground and either on him or in his hands, he finally turned to look at Young Jae, whom was now fiddling with the hem of his blazer. “Well? What is it?” (DH)
 
“I.. um.. I heard earlier.. that.. you were failing one of your classes..” (YJ) Daehyun laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his head. He didn’t think that Young Jae would have heard from anyone about that. He had planned to keep it a secret, but apparently.. that was out of the question.
 
“So.. you heard. Well, what about it?” (DH)
 
“I-I know that.. that you can’t participate in the dance competition if you’re failing one of your classes so.. I-I was wondering if.. if it was alright if I.. um.. tutored you.” (YJ) Young Jae saw how hard Daehyun worked and it wouldn’t be fair to Daehyun if he couldn’t dance with the rest of the group. Plus, they needed Daehyun. Without him, they wouldn’t be able to participate.
 
“Young Jae..” (DH) Daehyun chuckled a bit before he wrapped his arms around Young Jae. He pulled him in closely, taking in Young Jae’s sweet scent as he held him tightly. “I.. I would appreciate that. Thank you so much Young Jae..” (DH)
 
Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he smiled, wrapping his own arms around Daehyun. Young Jae felt so happy to have produced such happiness from Daehyun. Plus, he felt even more happier that he was able to help Daehyun somehow. After a minute or two had passed, Daehyun finally let go and pulled away a bit. “I-Is it alright if I help you today..?” (YJ)
 
“Hm.. sure. I mean, I’d have to shower first, so we can go back to my sister’s apartment.” (DH) Young Jae nodded before both of them placed their coats, scarves, beanies, and whatever else they were wearing before coming here. Young Jae then soon took a hold of Daehyun’s outstretched hand and began walking beside him to their intended destination.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Once outside, their bare faces were met with the cold temperature as well as the soft snow that was falling ever so gracefully through the air. Although it was early November now, it had already started snowing towards the end of October. Young Jae personally liked the cold, but Daehyun wasn’t really one to like it. Sure, Daehyun didn’t like summer either, but he wasn’t that much more of a fan for winter.
 
“I-It’s really nice out..” (YJ) Daehyun mumbled something that was inaudible, but Young Jae didn’t really ask him to repeat himself. Young Jae only smiled happily as he looked up at the sky. “What do you like about winter, Daehyun?” (YJ)
 
“The food..” (DH) Young Jae probably should have guessed that Daehyun would have used that as his answer. Of course, he always loves food so he had been hoping that Daehyun would have at least given him a different answer. “I also like.. being able to hold your hand without sweating.” (DH)
 
Daehyun chuckled as he tightened his grip on Young Jae’s hand, placing both of their hands into his coat pocket. Young Jae turned to look at him and smiled a bit. “Do you really like holding my hand?” (YJ)
 
“Yea. It’s the first and only hand that I’ll ever want to hold.” (DH) Young Jae turned red at his comment. His blush was made even more obvious since the cold was currently making his skin look even whiter than before. Daehyun turned to look at him and smiled a bit. “Young Jae. Do you want to go play instead today? We can count it as our third date.” (DH)
 
Daehyun laughed a bit as he saw Young Jae’s eyebrows furrow. He knew that Young Jae really wanted to help him get his grades up, but Daehyun just didn’t feel like it today. “Come on. Please? It’ll be really fun, I promise. Please?” (DH)
 
Young Jae thought about it. Was this really a good idea? Well.. maybe it was. After all, Daehyun had just come from dance practice and he had worked really hard, so he must be tired right now. “O-Okay... but you have to work extra hard when I tutor you, okay...?” (YJ)
 
“Okay! I promise!” (DH) Deahyun grinned as he gave Young Jae’s lips a quick peck before he quickened his pace, causing Young Jae to have to quicken his pace too. Young Jae really hoped that this was the right thing to do.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae opened the lid of his drink as he gently began to blow on the hot liquid. Looking up at Daehyun, he watched as Daehyun interacted with the cashier before finally come back over to where he was currently sitting with the baked goods in hand. “Here. I got us something good to munch on.” (DH)
 
“What is it?” (YJ) Young Jae placed his cup down as he picked up one of the various breads that almost always had a surprise inside. He never was one to like surprises in food. It was one thing if it was something like a surprise birthday party or if he was receiving a present, but food was just something he preferred not to be a complete surprise.
 
“Just try it. It’s really good.” (DH)
 
“But you say that about all food..” (YJ) Was it his fault that he was being skeptical about the pastry tasting any good? Daehyun really did have little to no taste buds, except when it came to cheesecake apparently. Still.. he let out a small sigh as he unwrapped the pastry from its wrapper and hesitantly, took a bite out of it. His eyes widened as an explosion of delightful tastes just seemed to dance all over the inside of his mouth. Once he finally swallowed after chewing for what seemed like ages, he looked at Daehyun whom had a smile on his face.
 
“How was it?” (DH)
 
“I-It.. it was.. r-really good..” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled as Young Jae happily nibbled on the pastry that he was holding as Daehyun picked up his own and began to eat as well. Young Jae replaced the lid onto his cup before he took a quick sip of his hot cocoa. Once his cup was back onto the table, Young Jae looked back up at Daehyun as he bit his bottom lip with uncertainty. “Um.. Daehyun?” (YJ)
 
“Hm? What is it?” (DH) Daehyun could tell just by the expression on Young Jae’s face that he was thinking of something serious. After a month of being together with Young Jae, though Sungyeol tended to pull the young male away often, he had learned the various facial expressions Young Jae did. It was pretty hard to not know what Young Jae was feeling at certain times.
 
Young Jae held his pastry in both hands as he stared down at it. Slowly, but surely, he lifted his gaze back up at Daehyun. He really didn’t know if this was the right time, but.. he just felt like he had to sooner or later. “Daehyun.. Um.. I-I got you something..” (YJ)
 
Young Jae placed his pastry down as he bent over to the side a bit to start digging through his bag. Daehyun looked around with curiosity clear in his eyes. This was the first time that Young Jae had gotten him a present, so it was definitely something that he was looking forward to. Soon enough, Young Jae produced a wrapped up box out of his bag and placed it onto the table before sliding it slowly towards Daehyun.
 
“I-I didn’t know.. if you’d like it.. so.. I r-really hope that you do..” (YJ) Young Jae looked down as he began fidgeting with the hem of his jacket, turning slightly red. Daehyun grinned as he took a hold of the box. He kind of didn’t want to ruin the wrapping with how beautifully wrapped it looked, but he knew he had to either way. Carefully, he began unwrapping the box before finally being able to lift the lid.
 
“Omo.. a hat and.. a necklace?” (DH) Daehyun lifted the necklace, but it was only half of a necklace. A single brow rose as he looked at Young Jae. “Yah.. Young Jae. You do realize this is only half of a necklace.” (DH)
 
Young Jae perked up a bit as he looked at Daehyun and nodded a bit happily. “Y-Yes, I know. I-it’s.. it’s a couple necklace.. I-I thought that it would be.. cute to get it s-so I got one half for you and the other half for me..” (YJ)
 
Daehyun smiled a bit as he saw Young Jae’s face redden a bit more than before. His boyfriend really was the most cutest thing in the world! Daehyun leaned over the table, getting up just a little bit just so that he could plant a soft kiss onto Young Jae’s cheeks. As he sat down, he quickly put the necklace on before looking back at Young Jae. “Thank you. I like it a lot.. You’re a really cute boyfriend, but.. why are you giving me a present now?” (DH)
 
“I-I.. I just.. wanted to get you one..” (YJ) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he watched Daehyun remove his beanie to put on the hat that he had just received. Daehyun grinned happily as he looked at Young Jae.
 
“How does it look?” (DH)
 
“I-It looks r-really good on you.” (YJ) Daehyun closed the box before putting it away into his bag along with the wrapping paper and his beanie. He then turned back to Young Jae, his grin never leaving his face.
 
“Thank you! I’ll make sure to make it up to you somehow.” (DH) Young Jae nodded before he picked up his pastry once more and began eating. He ended up smiling a bit too as he could see that Daehyun just couldn’t stop smiling. He really was glad that he was able to bring such a bright smile onto his boyfriend’s face... the boyfriend that he felt like loved.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Daehyun, can I take the blindfold off yet?” (YJ)
 
“Not yeet~” (DH) Young Jae chuckled a bit as Daehyun continued leading him slowly across the beach. He only knew it was the beach because he could hear the sound of the ocean from nearby. Soon, they came to a stop as Daehyun made Young Jae sit.
 
“Can I take my blindfold off now?” (YJ)
 
“Not yet! Only when I tell you to, okay?” (DH)
 
“W-Well.. o-okay then..” (YJ) He sat patiently, happily listening to the sound of the ocean waves. The sound of the ocean made him feel really peaceful and he loved feeling like this. Though, he was starting get a bit impatient after a few minutes had passed. “D-Daehyun..?” (YJ)
 
“What is it?” (DH)
 
“C-Can I take my blindfold off..?” (YJ) No answer. Young Jae sat there for a few minutes, waiting patiently and hoping that Daehyun would give him an answer soon. Though.. after a certain amount of time had passed, he took the blindfold off without really asking. His eyes widened as he saw Daehyun standing in front of him, taking a picture the second Young Jae was looking at him.
 
“There. Now you’ll always be in my heart. Get it?” (DH) Young Jae shook his head before Daehyun pointed at the ground. Looking down, he turned and smiled a bit as he saw a drawn heart on the ground. He looked back at Daehyun, whom was still grinning like the cute boyfriend that he was.
 
“That wasn’t that funny.” (YJ)
 
“It was funny enough to make you smile.” (DH) Daehyun placed his phone away as he moved over to Young Jae and sat down next to him. He wrapped an arm around him before pulling him down to lay down on the ground to stare up at the sky. “Young Jae.. I.. I have something to say to you.” (DH)
 
Young Jae turned his head as he looked at Daehyun with a bit of curiosity in his eyes. Daehyun sounded just as serious as he had sounded back in the bakery, so it was probably something important.. right? Daehyun looked down at him, a small smile gracing his face now. “Young Jae.. I love you too.” (DH)
 
Young Jae’s eyes widened before he smiled, tears starting to form in his eyes and catching Daehyun completely off guard. Young Jae moved up a bit, softly kissing Daehyun’s lips before breaking away a bit. Young Jae quickly wiped away his tears before looking back at Daehyun. “I-I’m so glad.. that you love me..” (YJ)
 
“I know that.. you waited so long to hear me to say that, but.. I.. I finally know that I love you.. and only you. So.. don’t leave me, alright?” (DH) Young Jae nodded before Daehyun softly began kissing Young Jae’s lips.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Daehyun opened the door, letting Young Jae walk into the apartment first before he followed after and closed the door behind him. They both stripped themselves of their coats and hats before sitting down in the living room. Daehyun let out a relieved sigh as he turned the television on. Once it was on a channel that he wanted to watch, he looked over at Young Jae, whom looked back at him.
 
“Did you have fun today?” (DH)
 
“Y-Yea.. I did.. I really liked today. C-Can we go out more?” (YJ)
 
“We’ll see.” (DH) Daehyun chuckled as he pulled Young Jae closer to him, letting Young Jae rest his head on his shoulder. Daehyun was glad that Sungyeol wasn’t around at the moment. He just wanted to sit like this for as long as possible without any interruptions.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
OKAY
So after a bunch of vy type chapters...
We're finally back to the cute fluffy type chapter, Yaay >3<
 
Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the fanfic! x3
Comments are loved..
Mostly because it's letting me know if I'm doing things right. xD
 
And.. yea...
Not a lot of people were speaking this time..
Buut.. I kind of wanted to focus more on DaeJae a bit.
Just a little bit. x3 ]]