thirtytwo

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(WH) - Woohyun speaking
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
(S) - Sungyeol speaking
(TF) - Tiffany speaking
(J) - Jessica speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae stirred awake, slowly opening his eyes as he continued to feel the warm body that he was currently in contact with. He rose his head a bit, looking up at Daehyun’s sleeping face and smiled a bit. Though, he turned red the second he realized that they were both currently . It didn’t matter to him though. Carefully, he attempted to pull himself away from Daehyun’s grasp before he find himself being pulled closer to him. “D-Daehyun..! Why do you always pretend to be sleeping when you’re really awake..?” (YJ)
 
Young Jae looked up at Daehyun, whom was currently smiling as he kept his arm around Young Jae’s shoulders. Young Jae let out a small sigh before he began poking at Daehyun’s side. Instantly, Daehyun jumped before opening his eyes and looking down at the young male, that looked back up at him. “Omo.. you scared me by doing that.” (DH)
 
“You didn’t answer my question..” (YJ)
 
“Well.. I like holding onto you. I thought you wanted to rest your head on me as much as you wanted.” (DH)
 
“I do.. but I want to see you open your present already. I want to see how happy you are when you open it..” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled a bit before pressing his lips against Young Jae’s forehead once more before tightening his hold on him.
 
“I’ll always be happy with whatever you get me. Just let me hold onto you like this for just a few more minutes.” (DH) Young Jae nodded a bit before resting his head back onto the area between Daehyun’s chest and shoulder. Young Jae let out a small sigh before he began swirling a single finger around one of the two certain sensitive area on Daehyun’s chest, causing Daehyun to smile a bit. “You’re going to if you keep doing that.” (DH)
 
“S-Sorry..” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled a bit as Young Jae pulled his hand away a bit, resting the palm of his hand where Daehyun’s rib cage was. Smiling a bit, he nuzzled his head a bit before looking up at Daehyun. “Daehyun.. do you think we’ll win the dance competition?” (YJ)
 
Daehyun looked down at Young Jae, raising a single eyebrow. Though, he only held that look for only a few mere seconds before he began chuckling. He leaned his head down a bit before pressing his lips against Young Jae’s forehead once more. “Of course we’ll win. It’s all thanks to you.” (DH)
 
“Me?” (YJ)
 
“Yea you. If it wasn’t for you, we would have had to forfeit and.. well, you’re a really good dancer too.” (DH) Young Jae smiled sheepishly as he rested comfortably against Daehyun’s chest. If he was of help, then he was happy with just that.
 
The laid like that for another few minutes before they finally decided to get out of bed. They both got dressed into their pajama’s before making their way out into the living room, where Jessica and Sungyeol were currently waiting. “Yah! You two took so long to get up!” (S)
 
“Come on! It’s time to open our presents!” (J) Young Jae quickly went back into the room before coming back out and dragging the bag of presents with him. There were four presents in the bag total with one present for each person there. Myungsoo knew that he wasn’t going to be visiting the four of them today, so he had sent the bag of presents ahead of time. “Omo.. what are those?” (J)
 
“Myungsoo sent them!” (DH) Young Jae brought the bag near the Christmas tree that both him and Daehyun had gone out and picked out. Of course, Jessica had been the one to pay for it, but it was still it was still a tree that Daehyun and him had picked out together. It meant a lot to Young Jae, so he was glad that they were able to get it either way.
 
“Okay, let’s open them!” (S) Sungyeol quickly made his way to the tree, grabbing whatever presents were his before fleeing behind the couch. Daehyun and Jessica stared at Sungyeol’s general direction before looking over at Young Jae, whom sighed a bit.
 
“H-He’s always like that..” (YJ) Daehyun and Jessica both slowly nodded before they turned their attention back to the presents underneath the tree. Jessica pulled out the presents out and handed them to whomever they were intended for before everyone began opening their presents one at a time, taking pictures of each other with their newly found presents.
 
Young Jae kept particular attention on Daehyun whenever he opened his gifts, smiling happily whenever he saw Daehyun's smiling face.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
One more month passed as the group worked harder than usual. They had been working hard before, but now they had to fine tune everything. They had to make sure they were in synch, that they matched each other perfectly. Daehyun watched over them, making them drill it over and over again. Of course, he did make sure that they did warm up drills first. Doing the same thing over and over again doesn’t always bring perfection.
 
“Okay! I think that’s enough. I think you’re all ready.” (DH) The group, minus Daehyun, all went to their things and sat down, resting. Young Jae made his way over to Daehyun, biting his bottom lip. He was glad that Daehyun was using the new headphones that he had gotten him for Christmas. It had cost him a lot of money to get Daehyun those headphones, but it seemed to be worth it. Once Daehyun noticed Young Jae, finally, he took his headphones off and put it around his neck. “Yea? What is it?” (DH)
 
“Um.. Do you think that.. you could drill me a little more?” (YJ)
 
“Huh? Why?” (DH) Daehyun didn’t think that Young Jae needed anymore practice. In fact, he was keeping up with the others quite well. Young Jae, however, thought that he wasn’t doing well enough. He had been watching himself in the mirror and for some reason, he just felt like he wasn’t keeping up or he wasn’t looking like everyone else at some parts.
 
“B-Because.. I.. I wanna dance like everyone else. I.. I wanna look as good as them.. I wanna make sure that I.. I make you proud..” (YJ) Daehyun chuckled before stepping closer to Young Jae and slowly caressing Young Jae’s cheek. He pressed his lips against Young Jae’s lips before smiling and pulling away slightly.
 
“You’re already making proud and.. well, you’re already doing well. You don’t have to work any harder Young Jae.” (DH) Young Jae looked down as he fumbled with the hem of his shirt. He shut his eyes tightly as he bit his bottom lip before finally, looking back up at Daehyun.
 
“P-Please Daehyun..! I.. I really need this..” (YJ) Daehyun let out a small sigh before rubbing the back of his head. He wasn’t entirely sure if he’s seen Young Jae this determined about something before, but.. he couldn’t deny the younger male. Seeing him like this just about nearly brought tears to his eyes and he didn’t really like seeing Young Jae looking sad or distraught.
 
“Okay, fine. I’ll help you. Go ask Myungsoo to come along and then tell everyone else to go home. Myungsoo is the most accurate with the dance steps. Well.. so is Yoona, but you’re probably more comfortable practicing with Myungsoo.” (DH) Young Jae nodded happily before going around and telling everyone, except Myungsoo, that they could go home now. With happy nods, they all left, leaving the three males behind.
 
Myungsoo let out a small sigh as he got up from his seat and made his way over to the duo. He looked at Young Jae before his eyes shifted over to Daehyun, whom was grinning. “Yah.. why do I have to stay behind?” (L)
 
“Young Jae wants to practice more and since you’re the most accurate, it would be best if he practices with you so that he can see if he’s getting it accurately.” (DH) Myungsoo thought for a moment before nodding. It made sense to him and if Young Jae had been the one who wanted it, then he didn’t mind helping him out. “Okay, you two go in the center and I’ll start the music. Young Jae.” (DH)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Time passed as Young Jae worked hard to match Myungsoo as much as possible. Every now and then, Daehyun would stop the music to help Young Jae with whatever mistakes he had like, if his arm was too low, or if his footing was off. Finally though, after two or three runs, Young Jae seemed to have gotten it without much being off.
 
“H-How did I do?” (YJ) Young Jae panted after their long dance practice finally came to an end. Daehyun grinned and nodded, causing Young Jae to smile happily. “Does that mean I did well?” (YJ)
 
“Yea! You’re just as good as Myungsoo, if not any better.” (DH) Myungsoo playfully shoved Daehyun, whom nearly fell over before giving a slight glare at Myungsoo. “YAH! I almost fell over your jerk!” (DH)
 
“Aish.. yea yea. Whatever. Anyway, I should head home now. Good job Young Jae.” (L) With a small pat on Young Jae’s back, Myungsoo gave a small smile before he quickly grabbed his things and left the dance studio. Young Jae looked back at Daehyun and sheepishly smiled a bit.
 
“T-Thank you for helping me..” (YJ)
 
“Me? I didn’t do anything. It was all you! Now, let’s head home.” (DH) Young Jae nodded as the pair made their way around to gather their things. Once they double checked that they had gotten their things, they turned the lights off and left the dance studio. “Woahh.. it’s nighttime already?” (DH)
 
“Y-Yea... I.. I didn’t know so much time passed already..” (YJ) Young Jae moved a little closer to Daehyun, huddling up to him as much as possible without causing him to fall over. He took a quick glance down at Daehyun’s cast before looking back up at him. “When are you getting your cast off?” (YJ)
 
“Hm? Oh.. uh.. I think on Saturday.” (DH)
 
“B-But that’s..” (YJ)
 
“The day of the competition.” (DH) Young Jae looked downwards, fumbling with the hem of his coat as he tried to think. He wanted to be there when Daehyun got his cast off, but he also wanted Daehyun to be there when they went to the competition. Daehyun looked over at Young Jae and smiled a bit, nudging him slightly to get his competition. “Hey, don’t look so down.” (DH)
 
“B-but.. Daehyun..! I.. I don’t know.. if I can do it without you there..” (YJ)
 
“Hey..” (DH) Daehyun stopped, causing Young Jae to stop as well and turn to look at Daehyun. Daehyun moved up closer, looking into the dark brown eyes that shone in the moonlight. The cold really made Young Jae’s face even paler, but the light just seemed to hit him perfectly. With a smile, he reached into his own coat and pulled out the charm and the necklace that he was currently wearing. “Don’t forget about these. I’ll be with you through this necklace, and the charm will give you strength.” (DH)
 
Young Jae smiled a bit as he nodded. Daehyun brought a hand up to Young Jae’s chin and smiled as he leaned in and softly pressed his lips against Young Jae’s. One, maybe two kisses at most, before Daehyun slowly pulled away. “You can do it. You’ll make me so very proud.” (DH)
 
Young Jae nodded before wrapping his arms around Daehyun and closing his eyes as he rested his head on Daehyun’s shoulder. “Okay Daehyun... I’ll.. I’ll make you proud. I’ll do well because you’re always with me..” (YJ)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae continued walking back and forth, biting his bottom lip as he stopped every now and then to say something, only to shake his head and continue what he was doing. He couldn’t do it. He just couldn’t! No matter what Myungsoo or Himchan or anyone else said, he was too nervous. His heartbeat was racing, his palms were sweating, and his head was throbbing. This wasn’t good, this just wasn’t good at all! He can’t, he won’t, he couldn’t.. but he has to. He has to step out on that stage once their group was called and make Daehyun proud. He had to make sure that everyone could rely on him, just as he had relied on everyone else.
 
“Hello.” (WH) Young Jae turned and his heart nearly jumped out of his chest the second his eyes landed on the smiling Woohyun. Woohyun looked around, but a sense of curiosity could be seen showing up on his face. “Aren’t you usually around Daehyun?” (WH)
 
“H-He’s... he’s busy..” (YJ) Young Jae had gotten a bit better around handling being around Woohyun. After that day that he had spoken to Woohyun, he had been able to heal little by little. In fact, he was flinching less often and he wasn’t crying randomly anymore. It was a fast recovery, sure, but.. Young Jae had the willpower. He had his lucky charm after all!
 
“Oh? Is that so.. Well, good luck today. This is your first time performing, right?” (WH) Young Jae hesitated before nodding. Woohyun chuckled a bit before rubbing the back of his head. Young Jae’s eyes noticed that the cast around Woohyun’s hand was still there, but he didn’t have the arm sling from before. “Ahh.. I see. Well, if you’re nervous, try not to focus on the audience, alright? Pretend like you’re practicing.” (WH)
 
“O-Okay.. but.. w-why are you helping me?” (YJ) Woohyun stared at Young Jae before he chuckled once more. That really was a good question. They were enemies in a sense and yet, he just couldn’t bring himself to cause Young Jae anymore harm. Did it make sense? Of course it did! He didn’t want to get beaten up again by that group that told him to stay away from Young Jae, but.. after that day, he had gained a new sense of respect for Young Jae. That and, well, he only seemed to fall for the male even more.
 
“Because I like you. So that Daehyun better take good care of you, or I’ll snatch you up in an instant! Not in a bad way, of course.” (WH) With one last chuckle, Woohyun waved and left Young Jae standing by himself once more. Young Jae scratched the side of his head before he took in a deep breath, slowly letting it out. He believed he can do this. He knows.. that he can do this.
 
Soon, he heard Woohyun’s group being called up onto the stage. Merely out of curiosity, Young Jae made his way over to the stage and watched from behind the curtains as the music started. The group was good, REALLY good. Even with Woohyun’s injury, he was still performing strong. Whenever there were hard parts, like going down onto the ground, Woohyun and Tiffany had to stand in the middle and do some sort of duet type dancing.
 
They were doing well, really well until.. suddenly, Dongwoo slipped and messed up. Dongwoo did quickly scramble back to his feet, but Young Jae could see that Tiffany looked really mad despite the smile that she was forcing onto her face. When they were done, the group was making their way over to where he was. He quickly hid and listened as they spoke, hearing Tiffany scolding Dongwoo and hearing Dongwoo saying something about a guy in the audience making him nervous that he hadn’t been paying attention to what he was doing.
 
His heart felt like it either stopped or was beating even faster as he heard his group being called. Stepping out from his hiding place, his group soon made their way to him. They were all smiling as they pulled Young Jae out onto the stage with them. They got into position, though they had to help Young Jae get to his position. His nervousness was starting to get to him again and he was starting to forget everything that he had been practicing for. Taking in another deep breath, Young Jae looked out into the audience before the auditorium doors opened.
 
His eyes widened as he saw Daehyun entering, being helped by Jessica and Sungyeol. Daehyun waved his arms around like a maniac, causing Young Jae to quietly laugh. Young Jae smiled as the music started, feeling all too happy to feel the majority of his nervousness. Daehyun was here and he was giving him his strength. He was giving him his love and watching over him, protecting him.
 
Once the performance was over, they made their way backstage where Daehyun slowly made his way over. Daehyun caught Young Jae off guard once he was there by wrapping his arms around Young Jae. “You did so well Young Jae! I told you that you’d make me proud.” (DH)
 
“A-Are you sure I did well?” (YJ)
 
“Of course! Our team will win for sure!” (DH) Daehyun held Young Jae tightly, resting his head against the side of Young Jae’s head. “You really are a great boyfriend. Look at you.. doing all of this and I haven’t done anything for you.” (DH)
 
“That’s why he’s too good for you!” (HC) Daehyun loosened his grip on Young Jae as the pair both turned to face practically everyone else. Young Jae turned red as he quickly attempted to pull himself away from Daehyun, but Daehyun had anticipated it and tightened his grip on Young Jae.
 
“Aish.. Who asked you Himchan?! He’s mine no matter what anyone says!” (DH) Daehyun stuck his tongue out at Himchan before slightly turning, almost looking as if he was trying to keep Young Jae from the outside world.
 
“W-When do we find out the results?” (YJ)
 
“There are about five more groups that still have to go. Then we get the results in about two weeks at the awards ceremony.” (BY) Yongguk had to think about it for a moment before nodding. Young Jae was nervous. They had to wait two whole weeks before they got their results?
 
“Well, there’s nothing left for us to do here but leave. Let’s get going!” (SY) Sooyoung wanted to have a celebratory party, that.. only involved eating, but eating was still a good way to celebreate! Everyone nodded in agreement and once they got their things, they were on their way out when they found themselves face to face with Tiffany’s group.
 
“Oh? Where are you all going?” (TF) Tiffany smiled, though it was obvious that it wasn’t a genuine smile. Sooyoung scoffed before smiling herself, standing in front of Tiffany with her arms crossed.
 
“Oh, Tiff-Tiff. We’re just going out. It’s not like it’s any of your business or anything.” (SY) The two kept constantly tilting their heads one way to the other. Young Jae was curious as to what they were doing and it looked really awkward, but the tension was quite clear between the two. “Now, if you’ll get your second place out of our way, I would gladly appreciate it.” (SY)
 
“Ooh silly Soo~ We’re going to win this year.” (TF)
 
“Oh? Not after that little mess up with one of your members, or was that little flop supposed to be part of the choreography? Tsk tsk tsk Tiff-Tiff. I thought you were much better at coming up with choreography than that.” (SY) Tiffany glared through her smile as she tilted her head once more before letting out a soft giggle.
 
“Ooh my dear little Soo~ Do not worry about what you thought was a flop. Just be worried about being second place finally. Come on guys. Let us go.” (TF) With a little wave, she turned and began walking. The others began following, though Woohyun was the only one waving to the group happily. Sadly, only Young Jae was the only one whom forgave Woohyun so it was a bit awkward for everyone else.
 
“That girl just gets on my nerves!” (SY) Sooyung flipped her hair before crossing her arms and turning to everyone else. “Let’s just get going before the mood is just completely ruined by that dang Tiffany!” (SY)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Chatter and laughter spilled from the group as they had fun in a private room at a restaurant. They were so glad to be done with the competition that it felt nice to finally loosen up and let all their worries out, even if it was just for a few hours. Daehyun had snuck away with Young Jae, now standing at the end of the silent hallway. Daehyun was being quite animalistic today as he had Young Jae cornered, constantly pressing his lips against Young Jae’s lips. Young Jae was having a bit of trouble keeping up with Daehyun, his own breath hard to catch before he finally somehow managed to push Daehyun away to catch his breath.
 
“You just always manage to Young Jae..” (DH)
 
“D-Daehyun.. w-we shouldn’t be doing this here..” (YJ)
 
“Why? We’re just making out.” (DH)
 
“W-What if someone sees..?” (YJ) Public displays of affection were something Young Jae had issues with. He had gotten used to hugging Daehyun, being hugged by him, hand holding, small pecks on the check or lips, but just blatantly making out like this was a bit too much. It was also very embarrassing if someone caught them. Luckily, Daehyun always seemed to be thinking of Young Jae.
 
“You’re right.. I’ll wait until we get home to have more fun.” (DH) Daehyun took a hold of Young Jae’s hands as he leaned against the wall, looking into Young Jae’s eyes and smiling a bit. “It’s official. You’re.. you’re just perfect.” (DH)
 
“W-What do you mean..?” (YJ)
 
“You’re perfect for me and only me. No matter how many times I look at you, my heart always manages to beat faster. You’re always on my mind, and.. you are the other half of me.” (DH) Daehyun pulled his necklace out from under his shirt, chuckling once more. “You.. complete me, Young Jae.” (DH)
 
Young Jae turned a bit red as he smiled sheepishly. He pushed himself away from the corner as he wrapped his arms around Daehyun, resting his cheek on Daehyun’s shoulder. “I love you Daehyun..” (YJ)
 
“I love you more..” (DH) Daehyun wrapped his arms around Young Jae, holding him tightly and never wanting to let him go. After all, only Young Jae seemed to be the only thing capable of pulling him away from food that continued to wait for him.
 
Minutes ticked by before the pair finally decided to head back to everyone else. Once they stepped in, they were instantly met with party poppers, causing Daehyun to jump and nearly hide behind Young Jae. “YAH! Where have you two been?!” (SY)
 
“Well.. we at least know what they were doing..” (J) A few people snickered, but Sungyeol was clearly the only one not happy with what everyone assumed that the pair was doing. Of course, it was also quite obvious since they had both left and came back at the same time. “Anyway, come on! Eat your food before it gets cold!” (J)
 
With a nod, the pair sat at their seats and the chatter and laughter resumed. It was a really bright time for them, especially since they finally passed through all the obstacles that had been thrown at them. It made sense for them to want to celebrate happily.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Sorry that it's shorter than usual!
I actually ran out of things to type. ;;..
But, I wanted to make sure that a chapter was put up. x3
I also apologize if it jumps around too much..
I listen to music when I type out these chapters
And the music affects my thinking/mood
So.. yea. xD
 
Anyway, School started ;;
It's so horrible ._.
But ooh well. xD
 
Also, the fanfic will be ending soon!
I can feel it in my bones..
Maybe three more chapters until the final one.
So, I just want to thank everyone for the support so far!
Let's keep going strong until the end >3< !! ]]