thirtyfour

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
(YA) - Yoona speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae snuggled up to Daehyun in his sleep, feeling the safety and warmth of Daehyun’s body. Slowly opening his eyes, he looked around a bit. When had he gotten here? Slowly pushing himself up, he looked down at Daehyun before he found himself blushing. Daehyun was currently shirtless and although he was quite used to Daehyun sleeping shirtless, he didn’t know if he would ever get used to it completely. Though, as he looked down at himself, he could see that he too was shirtless. Wait a minute..
 
Pulling the cover off of them, his shade of red deepened as he saw himself in his underwear while Daehyun was completely . Had they... done it last night? No, he would have remembered. He just knew that he had fallen asleep in Myungsoo’s car, but.. that was the last thing thing that he could fully remember. Pulling the cover back over them, he looked at Daehyun. Had he carried him up to the apartment? With his leg.. that.. just wasn’t good.
 
Getting out of bed, Young Jae quickly pulled pajama’s onto himself before heading out of the room. He wanted to make it up to Daehyun somehow. Daehyun was always doing such nice things for him and he just couldn’t exactly figure out the best way to pay him back. This time though, Young Jae was determined to make sure that Daehyun was completely happy today... even if it was Young Jae’s birthday today.
 
Peeking an eye open, Daehyun grinned before pushing himself up. Getting out of bed, Daehyun quickly pulled his phone off of the bedside table and began texting various people. Did he care that he was standing there completely ? No, not really. It was his room after all. Plus, he was just texting people. Why bother getting dressed for that? Either way, it was time to get his plan into motion.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Once he was done texting whom needed to be texted and he had gotten dressed, he left his room and quietly made his way towards the kitchen. Walking quietly up behind Young Jae, he slowly wrapped his arms around Young Jae’s waist as he began softly kissing Young Jae’s neck. The younger male left out a soft moan before he bit his bottom lip and turned his head to look at Daehyun. “D-Daehyun.. s-stop. I’m cooking..” (YJ)
 
“I know, but you look just so y. You’d look a lot ier with only an apron on.” (DH) Daehyun chuckled a bit as he rested his chin on Young Jae’s shoulder. Young Jae turned red as he looked back down at what he was cooking. Daehyun peeked into the pan and grinned a bit as he looked at what was frying. “Fried rice?” (DH)
 
“Y-Yea.. I.. I heard from noona that.. you like seafood fried rice..” (YJ)
 
“That’s because the only good thing she can make is seafood fried rice.” (DH) Daehyun chuckled again, tightening his grip on Young Jae as he closed his eyes. A single thought soon crossed Young Jae’s mind as he bit his bottom lip. He waited patiently, hoping that Daehyun would say the words that he wanted to hear from his lips. He wanted Daehyun to wish him a happy birthday so much. Why? Well.. because it meant that Daehyun remembered his birthday. “Okay. I’m going to go lay down in the living room. Just tell me when you’re done cooking, okay?” (DH)
 
Daehyun gave a quick peck on Young Jae’s cheek before he let go of the younger male and made his way out of the kitchen. Young Jae stared sadly at the archway that Daehyun had disappeared to before turning his attention back to his cooking. Had Daehyun forgotten his birthday..? Biting his bottom lip, he fought back tears that just seemed unnecessary for him to shed. No, it was the first time that they’ve had to celebrate their birthdays together. It was okay if Daehyun forgot the first one.. right..?
 
Daehyun, however, was grinning as he laid on the couch. Turning the television on, he seemed like he was paying attention to whatever was playing, but he wasn’t. He was running his plan through his mind over and over again, hoping that it would go as well as he thought that it did. So far, his plan was in motion. He just had to wait for the right opportunity now.
 
He chuckled quietly to himself as he took a peek towards the kitchen. Since he was laying down, he couldn’t see Young Jae, but he really hoped that Young Jae wouldn’t be too mad at him. Daehyun would just have to hope that Young Jae would be patient with him.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“D-Daehyun.. the food is ready.” (YJ) Daehyun perked up, instantly getting to his feet as he made his way over to the dining table. He grinned happily, taking his usual seat as he instantly dug in. Young Jae fidgeted with himself every now and then as he sat in his seat, looking up constantly at Daehyun. Had he really forgotten? “D-Daehyun.. a-about today.. i-it’s..” (YJ)
 
“Woooow! This food is really good! You’re cooking is always so good!” (DH) Daehyun had to stall somehow. The only thing that came to mind, however, was trying to talk constantly about Young Jae’s cooking. “I’ll always want your cooking over everyone else’s!” (DH)
 
“T-Thank you b-but..” (YJ) There was soon a knock on the door and Daehyun let out a small sigh of relief. Young Jae bit his bottom lip again, his grip tightening on his chopsticks. He really wanted Daehyun to know that it was his birthday today, but he just couldn’t seem to get it out the way he wanted it to be. In fact, he had actually wanted Daehyun to surprise him the second he woke up, but... it just didn’t seem to happen.
 
“Hey Young Jae. Can you get it?” (DH) Young Jae looked up before a saddened look came across his face before nodding. Young Jae placed his chopsticks down as he got up from his seat, making his way over to the door. Daehyun begged for forgiveness in his mind as he watched Young Jae. He really hoped that Young Jae wouldn’t be too mad at him.
 
Opening the door, Young Jae smiled a bit as he spotted Myungsoo and bowed a bit. “A-Ah.. hello Myungsoo! What are you doing here today?” (YJ) Young Jae knew that at least Myungsoo would remember that it was his birthday, but.. it just seemed like Myungsoo didn’t know about it either!
 
“Oh, I just decided to stop by and ask if you wanted to go shopping. I have to get some groceries anyway, so I just thought that it would be a good idea to come and ask you if you wanted to come along.” (L) Young Jae bit his bottom lip before he thought for a moment. He didn’t know if they had to get groceries, but it was a bit hard to know for certain when he was feeling a little sad that neither Daehyun nor Myungsoo seemed to remember his birthday. “Well?” (L)
 
“I.. I don’t know. Um.. come in and eat something first. I-I cooked food and was just eating..” (YJ)
 
“Ahh, okay. I’ll do that.” (L) Myungsoo stepped in, walking past Young Jae and making his way over to Daehyun. Young Jae stared at the two, his need for attention having risen because of this day. Letting out a soft sigh, he closed the door before making his way back over to the table and sitting where he had been sitting before.
 
Young Jae sat quietly, listening to Daehyun and Myungsoo conversing with one another. Not once had they acknowledged the poor male and every time Young Jae tried to say something, he was always abruptly cut off by one of the two. Finishing his food quickly, Young Jae got up from his seat and brought his dishes into the kitchen. While Young Jae was preoccupied with washing his dishes, Daehyun and Myungsoo took this opportunity to quietly whisper to each other.
 
“Make sure to keep Young Jae preoccupied for at least five hours. The others will be here in about half an hour, so be out before the. Try to make him as sad as possible before you come back.” (DH)
 
“Tch.. this is mean, but.. whatever. You better hope this goes well.” (L) Daehyun wanted this surprise birthday party to be special. If Young Jae was really sad today, the surprise might instantly cheer up the younger male, right? Of course, it could always backfire on them, but until then, he’s sticking with the current plan.
 
“Of course it’ll go well! Young Jae will be thrilled the second he finds out that we didn’t really forget about his birthday. Just make sure not to make it too obvious, alright?” (DH)
 
“You forget that I plan to major in drama.” (L) The pair pulled away once they heard the last of the dishes being put away to dry. Young Jae made his way back over to the two, seeing that they were now done eating. He was about to try to speak once more, but yet again... he was cut off. “Ah.. thanks for the meal Young Jae. Are you ready to go?” (L)
 
“A-Ah.. um... n-no.. I have to change first.” (YJ)
 
“Right, right.. go get changed and I’ll wait for you at the front door.” (L) Young Jae looked between the two, but they both stared at him as well. Biting his lip, he slowly nodded his head before walking back into Daehyun’s room to get changed.
 
It only took Young Jae a minute or two, but he reemerged from Daehyun’s bedroom with whatever he needed and in his outside clothes. With a slight nod, Young Jae and Myungsoo made their way over to the front door and put on their shoes. Young Jae turned to look at Daehyun, whom was standing a few feet away and grinning. “Ah.. um.. M-Make sure to put the rest of the food away into the fridge.. o-okay..?” (YJ)
 
“Yea, yea. No problem! Just make sure to get your y bottom back in one piece, got it?” (DH) Young Jae turned red as he nodded. Daehyun wrapped his arms around Young Jae and quickly give Young Jae’s bottom a light squeeze before pecking Young Jae’s lips. Once Daehyun was satisfied, he pulled away and waved, letting Myungsoo pull away a completely flustered Young Jae. Once the duo were gone, Daehyun closed the door and quickly pulled his phone out, texting everyone that needed to be texting to get to the apartment now.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Um.. which store are we going to?” (YJ) They were currently in Myungsoo’s car, which surprised Young Jae a bit. Though.. in a way, he felt like it should have been obvious since they were getting groceries. “I-Is it going to be close by?” (YJ)
 
“Sort of.. You’ll see when we get there.” (L) Young Jae nodded before turning his head towards window. Was now the right time to bring it up? They were sitting quietly after all and it still seemed like no one knew it was his birthday. Biting his bottom lip, he turned to look at Myungsoo. He let out a small whimper as he saw that Myungsoo was resting his head against the other window with his eyes closed.
 
“M-Myungsoo..? Are you awake..?” (YJ) No response. There was no way that Myungsoo could have fallen asleep that fast, right? Young Jae placed a hand on the seat in between them, leaning forward before poking at Myungsoo’s cheek. “Myungsoo...” (YJ)
 
“What is it?” (L)
 
“Ah.. um.. d-do you remember that.. um.. today is..” (YJ)
 
“Today’s Sunday. Why?” (L) Myungsoo sat up a bit as he finally opened his eyes, turning to look at Young Jae whom frowned a bit. He was about to say something when Myungsoo turned to look around and gave a small smile. “We’re here.” (L)
 
Young Jae let out a small sigh as the car finally came to a stop before the two finally stepped out of the car. Young Jae looked around, finally noticing that they were not at a super market for groceries. He turned to look at Myungsoo, who tilted his head a bit and smiled slightly before motioning his head for Young Jae to follow him. Young Jae made his way around the car and walked behind Myungsoo as they made their way into the building. “W-Why are we here..? I thought you said you needed groceries..” (YJ)
 
“I lied. I just needed someone to help me carry things while I shop.” (L) Young Jae stopped walking for a bit as he watched Myungsoo. Is that why they were here? So that he had to carry bags for Myungsoo? Young Jae took in a deep breath before he began walking again. He couldn’t really say no, but at the same time.. he felt really depressed that even Myungsoo had forgotten that it was his birthday. Young Jae had been hoping that this birthday would be special since he was able to have his first slow dance with Daehyun yesterday. He guess that.. he was hoping for too much.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Hm.. Next I need.. sugar..” (DH) Daehyun looked around the kitchen, rummaging through the cabinets before he finally found the bag of sugar. Making his way back over to the large bowl that he was currently mixing, he grinned as he turned the bag over and poured in a large amount of sugar. Clearly, it was too much and not what the directions was telling him, but he had no idea how to measure these things and as such.. he just poured it in. It wouldn’t be too bad, right?
 
“Hm.. what’s next?” (DH) Looking at the instructions, he nodded slightly before picking up the wooden spoon and stirring the mixture together. His eyebrows furrowed as he noticed just how difficult it was to stir it. Why was it so hard?! Though, another thought come up in his mind. Maybe he just needed more milk and eggs! With a grin, he instantly began adding more of the two ingredients until finally, it was officially a creamy mess.
 
He stared at it for a moment, trying to think for a moment. When was he supposed to add the frosting and the toppings? With a shrug, he opened the frosting container and with the wooden spoon, began scooping it out and adding it into the mixture. Once that was completely stirred in, he grinned once again as he began pouring the mixture into the pan. He turned around when he heard the door open, instantly spotting Yongguk stepping through with his things. “Ah! You’re here!” (DH)
 
“Yep. I made sure to get all t-.... Are you trying to cook..?” (BY)
 
“Well.. yea. Young Jae’s definitely going to love this cake!” (DH) Yongguk let out a sigh. He knew exactly how much Daehyun at cooking and the second he saw the mixture, he knew full well that they were totally screwed. “What do you think? Doesn’t it look good?” (DH)
 
“Yea... if you want to die.” (BY)
 
“Yah. If you’re going to complain, then you help me make the cake.” (DH)
 
“Why didn’t you just ask one of us to buy a cake?” (BY)
 
“No! It has to be handmade with love or else it won’t mean much! I want everything to be perfect for Young Jae..” (DH)
 
“You sure you don’t want to end up killing him..?” (BY) Daehyun punched Yongguk hard before turning back to his cake mixture. Daehyun was determined to make the best tasting cake ever. He wasn’t going to let anyone tell him otherwise. After all, his love for Young Jae was going to let him prevail, right? “Well, what do you want me to do?” (BY)
 
“Uh.. can you cook?” (DH)
 
“Heh.. Are you kidding?” (BY) Daehyun let out a small sigh as he continued stirring the mixture. It was pretty sad that neither one of them knew how to cook, but out of the two of them, Yongguk was better at following cooking instructions than Daehyun was. Did he care though? No, not really.
 
“Okay, then just go set everything up. Make sure it looks perfect!” (DH)
 
“Yea yea..” (BY) Yongguk soon left the kitchen, leaving Daehyun to his mixture. Biting his bottom lip, he soon poured the mixture into several cake pans before placing them into the preheated oven. He let out a small sigh before grinning. It had to be perfect! Sure, he hadn’t tasted the batter whatsoever, but he didn’t care. Daehyun just had this feeling it was going to be great.
 
Maybe only five or ten minutes had passed before the door finally opened. Soon enough, Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri and Himchan entered the apartment. The apartment was soon filled with life with just these four. Himchan had gone to help Yongguk put the decorations up, Yuri was ordering the two around with her usual smile, and Sooyoung and Yoona made their way into the kitchen. “Yah.. what’s burning?” (SY)
 
“Burning?” (DH)
 
“YES, BURNING! What, you don’t smell that?” (SY) Daehyun scratched the side of his head as he tried to think for a moment. Now that he was actually thinking about it, there was definitely a burning type of smell in the air. His eyes widened as he quickly made his way over to the oven, pulling it open and turning the oven off. Daehyun quickly took the oven mitts and pulled the cake pans out and placed them onto the stove. He sighed as he stared at the completely black pieces. Yoona and Sooyoung made their way over to Daehyun before looking down at the blackened cakes.
 
“You at baking..” (YA)
 
“I don’t understand how I burnt it.. It was only in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes!” (DH)
 
“How high did you set it for?” (YA)
 
“The highest setting..” (DH) Sooyoung slapped the back of Daehyun’s head, causing the male to glare at Sooyoung. “What was that for?! The highest setting is to make it cook faster, right? So I put it there!” (DH)
 
“YAH! Don’t even bother cooking unless you know how! We don’t even have ingredients for a cake! We bought ingredients for everything else! Daehyun, just go out and buy a cake! GO! Out of the kitchen with you!” (SY) Sooyoung pushed Daehyun out of the kitchen before Sooyoung and Yoona began getting everything ready.
 
Daehyun rubbed the back of his head, trying to figure out how he had messed up. He was so sure that it would go so well and yet.. it just seemed to mess up completely. With a sigh, he got his coat and shoe on before grabbing whatever he needed and heading out the door. He was going to have to go buy a cake now. Hopefully, he’ll find something that Young Jae will like.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae collapsed into the nearby bench, putting the bags and boxes that he was carrying into the seat next to him. It was really strange. His entire time that he has known Myungsoo, he had not once seen Myungsoo buy so many things. It was even stranger that Myungsoo would only buy things after getting Young Jae’s opinion on it. Young Jae looked at all of the things next to him, trying to piece everything together. Sadly, nothing came to mind.
 
“Hey, you’re tired already? We haven’t even been through the entire shopping area yet.” (L) Young Jae pouted as he crossed his arms and leaning back in his seat. Myungsoo chuckled a bit as he sat down next to Young Jae, leaning back as well as he looked up at the sky. “You’re out of shape, aren’t you? I knew leaving you alone with Daehyun would be a bad idea.” (L)
 
“I-I am not! You’re making me carry everything! It’s all heavy and I don’t like it!” (YJ) Young Jae turned his head away, his eyebrows furrowing. Why was Myungsoo being so mean all of a sudden?! Young Jae hated it, especially since it was on his birthday! “I wanna go home now..” (YJ)
 
“Oh come on. We haven’t really even started yet. Here, we’ll bring everything to the car then we can go back out, okay? I’ll make it easier on you.” (L) Young Jae turned to look at Myungsoo before slightly nodding. Myungsoo was his best friend after all and despite the fact that Myungsoo was being mean on his birthday, he couldn’t exactly stay mad at him for too long.
 
The duo got up from their seat before they picked everything up and made their way back to the car. Oddly enough, the driver was still waiting for them there and although they weren’t leaving yet, he just seemed to be entirely okay with it. Young Jae couldn’t help but feel bad for the poor guy. Once everything was in the car, they made their way back down the street and to the various other stores that they had yet to visit.
 
The same thing just seemed to happen though. Myungsoo would ask Young Jae whether he liked something or not and if Young Jae didn’t like it, he would put it back. If he did, then he would buy it and make Young Jae carry it. If it wasn’t for the fact that they had stopped by a food stand after dropping everything off once more, Young Jae probably would have broken and ask Myungsoo to bring him home again.
 
“Get anything you want. Doesn’t matter.” (L) Young Jae eyed everything before he pointed at the cinnamon pretzel bites. Myungsoo pulled out his wallet and paid for two cups of the cinnamon pretzel bites before handing one of them to Young Jae. Young Jae smiled a bit before he placed one into his mouth. “Good?” (L)
 
“M-Mhm...!” (YJ) Young Jae happily nodded as he chewed the small pretzel bite. His mood was definitely a lot better now that he was eating something. Though, it just seemed to completely fall as he soon found himself splashed with orange soda. He looked up at Myungsoo, whom was staring at him with a completely surprised expression on his face and.. well, an empty cup. “M-Myungsoo..” (YJ)
 
“Y-Young Jae! I’m sorry! I tripped and I accidentally threw my drink over you!” (L) Myungsoo quickly got tissues from the nearby stall before he began wiping away at Young Jae’s clothes. Young Jae frowned as he held his cup tightly with both hands. He closed his eyes tightly as he tried to ignore the fact that Myungsoo was touching him all over the place. “Are you alright Young Jae?” (L)
 
“Y-Yes... I-I am.. I.. I just feel r-really sticky now..” (YJ) Young Jae felt embarrassed that he had been practically covered with orange soda, but he had to ignore it. He bit his bottom lip as Myungsoo finally let out a sigh and pulled away from him. “C-Can we go back now..? I.. I want to get cleaned up..” (YJ)
 
“Ahh.. no. We’ll go back in a few more hours. Just bare with me, okay?” (L) Young Jae added a bit more pressure onto his bottom lip before nodding. He didn’t want to walk around in sticky clothes, but.. as long as he got cleaned up eventually, it would be alright, right? Myungsoo gave a small smile before ruffling Young Jae’s hair. “Alright. Let’s get going.” (L)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Daehyun looked around the bakery, trying to find the perfect cake. If he couldn’t make one, then he could at least try to find the best one possible. Still, nothing seemed to be really popping in his opinion. Sure, there were a few pastries here or there that looked really tasty, but it’s not like they were large cakes. With a sigh, he was about to leave, when he soon heard a female’s voice. “Ah.. Um.. do you need any help?”
 
Daehyun turned around, his eyes landing on a really pretty lady standing behind the counter. She looked like she was around Jessica’s age, maybe a little older, but she still looked nice. Daehyun walked over to the counter, rubbing the back of his head as he smiled a bit. “Yea.. I think I do. Do you have any cakes that look really nice for a special someone’s birthday?” (DH)
 
“Hm.. what kind of special someone is it?” The girl smiled playfully as she crouched down and looked underneath the counter before producing a binder. Opening the binder, she through the various pictures before Daehyun instantly placed a hand on one.
 
“It’s for my boyfriend’s birthday and.. this one is perfect!” (DH)
 
“Oh, boyfriend? What’s his name?”
 
“Young Jae. He’s.. very special to me. This cake looks really good..” (DH)
 
“Ahh.. him! He stops by here often. Since you’re his boyfriend.. I’ll give you this cake half off!”
 
“Ahh, really?! Thanks noona! Ooh and uh.. if he stops by today, can you keep this a secret? It’s.. a surprise for him today.” (DH) The woman nodded happily before she went into the back for a moment. Daehyun sat down at one of the tables, grinning happily to himself. He was glad to finally get the perfect cake! Though, he probably should have asked what flavor it was, but that didn’t matter all that much. Okay, it did, but it still looked perfect!
 
A few minutes had passed before the friendly noona from before came back out with a large box which Daehyun instantly assumed was the cake. He grinned as he got up from his seat, making his way over to the counter as he pulled out his wallet. Quickly paying for the cake, he put his wallet away and picked up the box. “Thanks Noona! Just remember, don’t tell Young Jae if he comes in today!” (DH)
 
“Okay, okay! Just make sure that whatever your planning goes alright, arasseo?” Daehyun nodded before making his way out of the bakery and making his way back to the apartment. He couldn’t wait to see the look on Young Jae’s face once he saw the cake.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Time had passed and things just didn’t seem to brighten up. Young Jae had tripped two or three times while carrying everything and thus, he ended up dropping everything and possibly scraping his knee and hands often. The soda wasn’t all that nice feeling, especially now that it was dry and Myungsoo just continued going, acting as if nothing happened. Young Jae was feeling very sad and frustrated and finally, he had gotten Myungsoo to bring him home. Young Jae got Myungsoo to stop in front of his favorite bakery first, mostly because he wanted to at least cheer himself yp  a bit.
 
He made Myungsoo stay in the car, promising that he wasn’t going to take too long as he made his way into the bakery. The sweet aroma from the freshly baked pastries really caught his attention and he was already starting to feel a bit better. He smiled when he saw the same noona standing behind the counter, though he frowned a bit when he saw her surprised expression. “Omo.. Young Jae! You’re a mess! Let me get you something to clean yourself up with!”
 
“A-Ah.. n-no Noona. I-It’s alright.. I just came in to get something to eat..” (YJ)
 
“Well, okay then. If you’re sure and oh! Happy Birthday!”
 
“Huh..? Did I tell you about my birthday?” (YJ)
 
“Ah.. no. Someone told me about it today. Oh! I mean.. ahh I guess I already said too much. Anyway, that’s all I can say. Here, I’ll give you a special birthday cupcake, alright?” Young Jae smiled happily as he nodded. Walking over to the counter, the Noona pulled out a cupcake from the display and quickly packaged it up before handing it out to Young Jae. He was quite happy that at least someone had managed to wish him a happy birthday today. “There! Make sure to eat it quickly and make a wish before you eat it! It’ll come true!”
 
“Noona.. I don’t believe such things.” (YJ)
 
“Aish.. just listen to your noona! Trust me, it will work! Now, go now. You’ll have a really good day!”
 
“I hope so Noona..” (YJ) Young Jae bowed his head slightly before leaving the bakery. Stopping a few feet away from the entrance, he bit his bottom lip as he looked down at the small box that he carried. Opening it, he pulled out the tiny cupcake and let out a small sigh before he began thinking of his wish. Soon enough, he began eating the cupcake as a single tear escaped from one of his eyes. He truly hoped.. that his wish would come true.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Okay.. he should be coming soon! Turn the lights out!” (HC) Himchan had received a text from Myungsoo while they were at the bakery, so they quickly finished up any preparations they had before the lights were out and everyone was hidden. They waited patiently, their anticipations rising as they continued to watch the door.
 
Slowly, the door handle began to turn.
 
Young Jae stepped into the apartment before stopping. He looked around, but he didn’t see anyone there and all the lights were off. Looking around, he flipped the light switches before walking in a bit more. He jumped backwards into Myungsoo the second everyone jumped out from their hiding places, all yelling ‘SURPRISE!’ at the top of their lungs. He looked around, seeing all the familiar faces and all of the decorations that were up.
 
Soon, the lights were out once more as Daehyun came out from the kitchen, holding a birthday cake with candles all lit up on it. Young Jae looked at Daehyun’s grinning face as tears slowly began rolling down his cheek. He began quietly laughing as he heard everyone singing the usual happy birthday song that was always sung on someone’s birthday. Young Jae wiped away at his tears as he looked down at the cake. “Make a wish, Young Jae.” (DH)
 
“O-Okay.” (YJ) Young Jae shut his eyes tightly as he thought of a wish to make. Once he was satisfied with the one he chose, he opened his eyes and blew out the candles. The lights soon turned back on and as soon as Daehyun had put the cake down onto the table, Young Jae wrapped his arms around the older male.
 
“Happy Birthday Young Jae.. I hope you’re not mad at me or Myungsoo.” (DH) Daehyun wrapped his arms around Young Jae’s waist, holding him tightly. Though.. Young Jae pulled away, a confused look on his face as he looked at Daehyun.
 
“What do you mean?” (YJ)
 
“It was my plan to make you as sad as possible so that you were really happy when we surprised you.” (DH) Young Jae puffed out his cheeks and furrowed his eyebrows before pinching Daehyun’s cheeks.
 
“Y-You’re so mean!” (YJ)
 
“I-I’m sorry Daehyun! Please forgive me?” (DH) Young Jae thought for a moment before finally letting go of Daehyun’s cheeks and nodding a bit. Daehyun grinned before leaning in and pressing his lips against Young Jae’s. He held him tightly, happy that Young Jae was happy. Looking off to the side, he turned Young Jae so that he could see the mountain of presents that were stacked by the television set. “You ready to open your presents?” (DH)
 
Young Jae looked at Daehyun and thought for a moment. Should he open presents now or wait until later? It seemed like a nice thing to do, especially with what happened today. He then turned to look at the door once he heard it open, where Myungsoo’s driver was dragging all of the boxes and bags in and dropping it off by the stack of presents. He looked at Myungsoo, a bit confused as the older male smiled a bit. “These are all for you. What, you thought these were for me?” (L)
 
Young Jae couldn’t help but smile before turning to look at Daehyun. “Okay... I-I’m ready to open presents now!” (YJ)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Yay birthday >3<..
Poor Young Jae..
Buuut... at least it was worth it. x3
Sorta.. ish.. xD
He's just lucky that he has a cute boyfriend. -/nod nod- xD
.. Or rather, Daehyun should be lucky that he's too cute to stay angry at. xD
 
But yea.. There ya go. x3
I am sorta late with updating it..
But only by a couple of hours. xD
Anyway, hope you enjoy >3< ]]