fiftyfour

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
(J) - Jessica speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Jae puffed out his cheeks, placing the tip of his index finger on his chin as he looked around. He paused for a brief moment as his eyes landed on the vegetable that he had been looking for. With a small smile, Young Jae opened up the plastic bag that he had been holding onto before picking through the vegetables and putting the best looking ones inside of the bag.
 
Once that was done, Young Jae tied the opening of the bag up before he turned and began walking. That was the last item on his list, so that means that they could go now! Young Jae really couldn’t wait until he was finally able to cook. There were so many new recipes that he wanted to try. He really did hope that they all turned out extra yummy, especially when Daehyun tried them.
 
Slowly, Young Jae came to a stop as he turned his gaze to look down one of the aisles. Biting his bottom lip, he took a step forward before temptation quickly took over. Turning, Young Jae soon found himself walking down the aisle he had hoped to avoid as he soon came to a stop in front of a certain sweet treat that had been rather addicting in his youth.. not that he wasn’t still young.
 
Was he allowed to get it? Before he had lived with Daehyun, Young Jae almost always fought off any urge and temptation that had presented itself in front of him. Now, though, he was almost always finding himself allowing such temptations take over. Why? Well.. Daehyun would always constantly say to go ahead and get it so it made sense as to why he would give in to temptation.
 
He really just didn’t know what to do. Young Jae wanted to save money by not getting the delicious treat. After all, it wasn’t an essential to life and yet, at the same time, it was all too tempting to resist all that well. Young Jae did sometimes wish that Sungyeol was around for moments like these. At least that way, Young Jae would be able to fight off any and all urges since Sungyeol would almost always give a definitive no.
 
Though, just as he was about to pull away from the aisle, a pair of arms slowly wrapping themselves around his waist as he soon felt warm breathing on his neck. Young Jae turned completely red as he nearly dropped the bag of vegetables in his hand before the sense of familiarity kicked in. “D-Daehyun..?” (YJ)
 
“You remembered! Good!” (DH) Daehyun chuckled a bit as he rested his chin on Young Jae’s shoulder before his eyes soon landed on the sweets that had been lined up on the shelves. He tilted his head to the side a bit as he looked up at Young Jae, smiling a bit as he pressed his body up against Young Jae’s a bit more. “Getting something sweet to eat?” (DH)
 
“N-No... I-I wasn’t..” (YJ) Daehyun knew that this snack was Young Jae’s favorite. There was simply no way that he was going to let Young Jae not get the snack that he constantly craves. It was just plain torture! How would he know? Because he has those same cravings with cheesecake! That’s why he had two boxes of cheesecake in the cart at the moment.
 
“Go ahead and get it. You don’t get to eat it often, right? Go ahead!” (DH) Young Jae knew that Daehyun was going to tell him to get it and since he couldn’t bring himself to fully stop himself, he reluctantly took a hold of a box of the sweet treats before putting the bag and the box in the cart. Daehyun pulled his arms away from Young Jae as he pulled two more boxes of the treat and placed it into the cart, causing Young Jae to look a bit panicked. “It’s alright! You deserve as much as you want!” (DH)
 
“I-I don’t want that many..” (YJ) Okay, so his desires were telling him to get as much as he wanted. However, Young Jae liked to save money. It made him feel bad if he got too much of something and then it turned out that someone else was paying for it, which was the case at this very moment. Any time that he went out grocery shopping with Daehyun, Daehyun always used the card that him and Jessica used whenever they shopped. It made him feel bad because not only was it Daehyun’s money, but it was also Jessica’s!
 
“Why not? These are your favorite!” (DH)
 
“Yah. What are you two doing?” (J) Thank goodness! A voice of reason! Maybe if Young Jae told Jessica what was going on, then she would scold Daehyun and make him put it back. Jessica placed her hands on the handle of the cart as her gaze soon drifted down to the three boxes of treats that had been placed in the cart. She looked back up at the duo, Daehyun with his usual grin as Young Jae practically pleaded with his eyes. Sadly, it seemed like Jessica had not been able to read his eyes. “Omo..! I like these! Get more, get more!” (J)
 
“B-But..!” (YJ)
 
“Alright!” (DH) Instantly, Daehyun grabbed about four more boxes before placing them into the cart. Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he just couldn’t decide on how to feel about this anymore. In one hand, he was very happy and excited to see so many boxes of this delicious and intoxicating treats in the cart, just about ready to be purchased. In the other, he was worried that it would only bring them one step closer to running out of funds. They could have easily spent that money on something else that they actually need and yet, it seemed like neither Daehyun nor Jessica had any cares about it.
 
Maybe.. he should stop worrying. Young Jae could plan ahead of time and save money in case such a thing happened. Yea.. that seemed like a good idea. At least that way, he could help if they do end up needing money some time down the line. He hasn’t been able to help much besides cooking, so at least he could feel good about himself. Still, he could at least try to talk them out of buying so many of these treats. “A-Are we really going to buy this much..?” (YJ)
 
“This much..?” (J) Jessica looked down at the six to seven boxes of the treats inside of the cart. She scratched the side of her head for a brief moment before looking back up at Young Jae. “Ah.. you’re right. We shouldn’t get so much. We’ll just put one box back.” (J)
 
One box? Well, at least it was some sort of progress. Once Jessica placed one of the boxes back, she began pushing the cart as she continued looking around. Daehyun shrugged slightly as he wrapped an arm around Young Jae’s waist and began to pull him along. “I can’t wait to try what you’re cooking tonight! I’m looking forward to it.” (DH)
 
“A-Are you really..?” (YJ)
 
“Of course! I always look forward to whatever you make!” (DH) Young Jae sheepishly smiled as the pair continued walking behind Jessica. It made him happy to know that Daehyun really did like whatever he made and in a way, it made Young Jae want to make even more things for Daehyun. Just seeing that happy face of his was worth the time and effort that Young Jae put into making the meals that was created.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Are you ready for school?” (DH) Young Jae placed the last thing he needed into his bag before closing his bag and looking up at Daehyun. With a small smile, he nodded as he got to his feet and walked up to Daehyun.
 
“We’re really early Daehyun. Should I.. cook breakfast? I-I haven’t packed our lunches yet either..” (YJ) Young Jae hadn’t expected Daehyun to have woken them up so early. Young Jae himself was still stuck on his previous sleeping schedule, so he had a bit of difficulty falling asleep early last night.
 
“Yes, you should! I can’t wait to eat.” (DH) Besides the fact that he was practically starving at the moment, Daehyun actually really liked all of the new food that Young Jae had been cooking for the past few days. It was definitely a lot better than he had expected, not that he was doubting Young Jae’s cooking skills to begin with. Either way, he was looking forward to eating Young Jae’s cooking.
 
“Okay... um.. what do you want to eat?” (YJ)
 
“You decide! Anything you make is fine with me.” (DH) Young Jae nodded as he led the way out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen. Young Jae did make sure to put his school bag on the dining table before making his way completely into the kitchen. Daehyun made sure to mirror Young Jae’s actions before sitting at one of the stools. “So, what are you going to make?” (DH)
 
“Mm... I think I’ll just cook rice and eggs for breakfast... W-We shouldn’t have too big of a breakfast.” (YJ)
 
“Okay! That sounds great!” (DH) Young Jae had half expected Daehyun to say that he wanted more or something else, but if he really was fine with just rice and eggs, then he wouldn’t complain. That meant that he would have more time to work on their lunches, which definitely would require the majority of his time to make.
 
While Young Jae was busy cooking, Daehyun smiled a bit as he watched Young Jae cook. Although Young Jae had been cooking for the past few days, Daehyun had just now taken the time actually watch Young Jae cook. Getting up from his seat, Daehyun made his way over to Young Jae and just like the many times before, he slid his hands around Young Jae’s waist as he pulled Young Jae close to his body. “D-Daehyun..! Y-You scared me..” (YJ)
 
“Sorry, but I can’t help it. You’re just too y not to hold.” (DH) Daehyun smirked a bit as he softly kissed Young Jae’s neck once or twice before resting his chin on Young Jae’s shoulders. He blinked a few times as he pulled one hand away from Young Jae’s waist, trailing it down Young Jae’s arm before his hand wrapped around Young Jae’s hand. “Teach me how to cook.” (DH)
 
“I-I don’t think I can teach you like this..” (YJ) With the way that Daehyun was holding him right now, it was more like Daehyun should be the one teaching him.
 
“No, you can do it. Just move like you normally would and I’ll follow.” (DH) Young Jae nodded, turning a bit red now that he was starting to feel nervous. Young Jae didn’t necessarily think that this was an adequate way of teaching someone how to cook, but if Daehyun really wanted to learn, then maybe it was a start.
 
“D-Do you.. see the eggs? When it’s.. um.. like this, you have to flip it for.. four or five seconds before it’s done cooking..” (YJ) Young Jae knew that explanations in between were necessary in order for Daehyun to fully understand. Okay sure, cooking an egg was simple, but there were some steps that were necessary when cooking.. well, anything really. “A-And then you have to flip it onto the plate using the spatula... But be careful.. a-alright..?” (YJ)
 
“Woah..! You’re moving fast.” (DH)
 
“You need to be fast to make sure that it makes it onto the plate without breaking.” (YJ) This was the main reason why Daehyun couldn’t bring himself to cook. It was far too confusing for him since there needed to be so much done. Even with eggs, it seemed like there had to be something done in order to get them just right!
 
Furrowing his eyebrows, Daehyun tried to focus a bit better as Young Jae moved. Even though he was just holding onto Young Jae, he still wanted to learn somehow. However, even after the three eggs had been cooked, Daehyun seemed to just be unable to learn as well as Young Jae. With a small sigh, Daehyun sat in the stool once again as he rested his forehead on the table. “Cooking’s hard..” (DH)
 
“D-Don’t be sad..! I-It’ll take more practice! You’ll get it.. I promise!” (YJ) Young Jae set the plate of eggs and the bowls of rice onto the table as he sat in the stool across from Daehyun. Daehyun lifted his head up as his gaze quickly came into contact with Young Jae’s eyes. He blinked a few times before sitting up, taking a hold of the nearby chopsticks.
 
“You think I’ll really be able to learn?” (DH) Young Jae nodded almost instantly. He felt certain that Daehyun would learn. Although it had been a dream, Young Jae remembered that Daehyun said that he was going to cook for them so.. he just had to remain hopeful that Daehyun will be able to learn quickly. “Okay. I’ll keep trying then. For now.. I’ll just have to leave all the cooking to you.” (DH)
 
Daehyun grinned happily as he finally turned his full attention to his food. Just as he began digging into his food, Young Jae had worked up the courage to finally ask Daehyun the question that had been roaming around in his head every now and then. “When you learn... C-Can you.. cook for me..?” (YJ)
 
Daehyun caught himself quickly before he would end up choking on his food. He gazed up at a reddened Young Jae, completely caught off guard by such a question. Young Jae wanted him to cook for him already?! Though, seeing just how cute his fiance was being.. how could he say now. Clearing his throat, Daehyun quickly wiped his mouth with his napkin before looking back up at Young Jae. “Alright. I’ll make sure to make the best food for you.” (DH)
 
“T-Thank you..” (YJ) Young Jae sheepishly smiled as he finally picked up his chopsticks and began eating. Daehyun quietly chuckled to himself as he went back to eating as well. He would definitely work hard to make sure that Young Jae ate the best food ever.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Ah... it feels weird being back in school.” (DH) Daehyun leaned back in his seat as he placed his hands behind his head and looked out the window. It felt like summer vacation was too short for its own good. Daehyun just couldn’t wait until he was done with school and could finally live his own life.
 
“It does, but we have to go anyway.” (SY) Sooyoung let out a small sigh as she continued to draw the picture that she was currently working on in her notebook. Sooyoung did kind of prefer school life. It was a lot easier than having to go to work and at least she would technically be able to see her friends whenever she wanted to while they were at school. “Hey, Daehyun. We should go to the rooftop for lunch today!” (SY)
 
“Hm.. okay. I’ll tell Young Jae.” (DH) Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows and pouted as she looked up at Daehyun. She had hoped to have just the original trio up on the rooftop, just like old times. However, she only let out a small sigh as she went back to drawing. It was alright. Everything was changing after all and it’s not like she was going to be able to bring everything together again.
 
“What are we going to do on the rooftop anyway?” (BY)
 
“Same old, same old.” (SY) Yongguk shrugged as he leaned back in his seat. Well, it was definitely better than sitting in class. Nothing interesting ever actually happened in here. It was a lot more interesting on the rooftop where they could look out onto the school grounds. “Should we start working on our routine later?” (SY)
 
“Ah... I might have forgotten to start on it.” (DH) Daehyun finally looked away from the window as his eyes landed on Sooyoung, whom stared at him with both annoyance and disbelief. Daehyun chuckled though as he rubbed the back of his head. “Don’t worry about it! I’m sure I can make up something soon! We just have to figure out what song we should work with first.” (DH)
 
“Well.. Maybe we can use No Mercy.” (SY) Daehyun looked over at Sooyoung as a single brow rose. It wasn’t necessarily the best song to use when it came to creating choreography. Sure, it was a nice song, but it wasn’t necessarily something that said ‘here we are, come look at us’. Before Daehyun could say anything though, it seemed like Yongguk had an idea.
 
“Don’t worry about the song. Let me handle it.” (BY) Both Daehyun and Sooyoung turned to look at Yongguk, whom was grinning with his arms folded. They knew that Yongguk was good at making music, but they also knew that it would take him at least a month to come up with something. Still... his music usually was something that really caught a person’s attention.
 
“Alright. We’ll let you handle it. Just let us listen to it so that we can start on the choreography as soon as possible.” (DH) Daehyun pulled his phone out of his pocket as he checked the time. He let out a small sigh before putting his phone back, crossing his arms as he looked out the window. “Ah.. it’s taking forever for school to start.” (DH)
 
“Well, that’s what happens when you get to school an hour early.” (SY) Daehyun looked over at Sooyoung, whom was now shading in her drawing. She looked up when she felt Daehyun’s stare, a small chuckle escaping her lips as she looked back down at her notebook. “Young Jae has really changed you, Daehyun. That’s a good thing.” (SY)
 
“Hey. I was good before he changed me too.” (DH) Daehyun turned and shot Yongguk a glare the second he heard a deep-voiced chuckle. Yongguk held his grin as he turned his gaze out the window, adjusting himself a bit until he was comfortable.
 
“Yea.. good at failing and being constantly late.” (BY) Daehyun let out a small sigh as he put his head on the table. He turned his head towards the window, looking at the windows passing by. Okay, so maybe Young Jae really had changed him in a positive way. That was just another thing he had to thank Young Jae for.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Um.. H-How are you and Woohyun doing..?” (YJ) Young Jae rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet as he held onto the windowsill. Myungsoo let out a slightly irritated sigh as he rubbed the back of his head.
 
“He’s annoying. Why did you decide to have me date him?” (L) Young Jae stopped rocking on his heels as he turned and looked over at Myungsoo. Myungsoo, currently leaning against the wall with his arms folded, looked over at Young Jae with a single brow rose. “Well?” (L)
 
“I-I.. I don’t know. I thought that.. it was a good idea. What does he do that’s annoying..?” (YJ) Myungsoo scoffed as he smirked a bit, turning his gaze back forward as he tried to gather his thoughts.
 
“Aish.. he’s almost always around me. He calls or texts every ten minutes and he keeps touching me. It was annoying the first time and now it’s just tiresome.” (L) Myungsoo sighed as he kept his eyes on the wall in front of him. He didn’t want to disappoint Young Jae, but this was just how things ended up.
 
“O-Oh... I-If Woohyun changes, then.. W-Would it be better?” (YJ) Myungsoo remained quiet as he tried to think. He didn’t really know what to think about that idea, but before he could find his answer, Himchan came in with a huge smile on his face.
 
“There you two are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you two!” (HC) Young Jae turned and looked at Himchan as a small smile graced his lips. Himchan grinned happily as he wrapped an arm around his friend’s shoulders before he began pulling them along. “Come on! Let’s get something to eat!” (HC)
 
“B-But I already ate breakfast.” (YJ) Himchan tightened his grip on Young Jae before raising his hand up to the younger male’s head and pushing down. Young Jae let out a small whimper as he raised his hands up to Himchan’s hand in an attempt to get him to let go. “S-Stop it hyung! T-That hurts!” (YJ)
 
“Yah. Who told you to eat without us?! You’re going to have to eat off of our plates then!” (HC)
 
“Yah, Himchan. Stop that. You already know by now that he cooks for Daehyun everyday. Why would today be any different?” (L) Himchan loosened up his grip on Young Jae’s head as he returned his hand back onto Young Jae’s shoulders. Young Jae pouted a bit as he rubbed the back of his head a little bit to help ease the slowly dissipating pain.
 
“Aish.. Young Jae is becoming a good wife.” (HC)
 
“H-Himchan..!” (YJ) It seemed kind of mean to say wife. It wasn’t always the wife’s duty to cook. Plus, since him and Daehyun are both males, there technically wouldn’t be a wife in this relationship. They would both be husbands!
 
“So, what do you two want to do later?” (HC) Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows and slightly puffed out his cheeks as he tried to think. Was there something that needed to be done later today? He wasn’t entirely sure. He would have to ask Daehyun if he knew whether or not they were doing something.
 
“Nothing really. I’m just going to stay home and watch t.v.” (L)
 
“T.V.?! What do you mean by that?! Don’t be so lazy, Myungsoo! You should want to go out and have fun!” (HC) Myungsoo scoffed as he crossed his arms, turning his gaze off to the side as he finally took the time to shrug Himchan’s arm off of him.
 
“Lazy? I do more work than you, Himchan.” (L) Himchan would have said something in response, but it was true. Myungsoo was already helping his mother with his catering company and he was already quite busy with that. If it wasn’t for the fact that he had just gotten back from the cruise, Myungsoo probably would have been working already. “But.. I guess we can head out. It just depends on what you two want to do.” (L)
 
“Mm... Young Jae, what do YOU want to do?” (HC) Young Jae’s eyes widened as he turned and looked at his two best friends. They had stopped walking by now and the two were now looking at him.
 
“I-I.. um..” (YJ) Young Jae lowered his gaze as he bit his bottom lip, fidgeting with the hem of his blazer. He really didn’t know what to do, to be honest. Young Jae had just thought about going home and having a nice, relaxing day with Daehyun. Then again, he hadn’t had the time to actually bond with his friends. “I-I.. Maybe we can... go to the mall?” (YJ)
 
“Mall? Hm.. Okay! We can do that! We can get you some nice outfits and do something about that skin of yours.” (HC) Himchan gave Young Jae a pat on his shoulder before he began walking. Young Jae looked up at Himchan, a bit of a worried look on his face as he quietly followed after Himchan. Was there.. something wrong with his skin? Daehyun always said that he liked how soft his skin felt, but.. did it not look nice enough?
 
“Hey.. Young Jae.” (L) Young Jae turned and looked at Myungsoo, whom gave had a slightly serious look on his face. That look soon turned into a comforting smile as he placed a reassuring hand on Young Jae’s shoulder. “Don’t listen to Himchan. Your skin is fine.” (L)
 
Young Jae slowly nodded before smiling and looking forward. Even with Myungsoo’s words though, Young Jae still couldn’t help but feel as if he could improve his skin to make it nice and refreshing like Himchan’s was.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Mister Jung! It’s the first day of class and ALREADY you are falling asleep!” The teacher slapped the back of Daehyun’s head with Daehyun’s own folder, stirring the older male awake. When that didn’t work, the teacher pinched the bridge of his nose before turning and looking around at the class. “Can ANYONE wake Mister Jung and actually have him pay attention to the lesson?”
 
At first, everyone looked around at one another. No one, not even Yongguk or Sooyoung could keep Daehyun awake long enough to actually pay attention. However, a single hand rose as the teacher quickly pointed his finger at him. “Mister Yoo! I am surprise that you are taking on such a daunting task! Alright, I will give you the task of keeping Mister Jung awake. Miss Kim, please switch with Mister Yoo.”
 
The female student sitting behind Daehyun bowed her head as she quickly gathered her things and went over to where Young Jae was sitting. Once Young Jae had his things gathered, he made his way over to the desk behind Daehyun and placed his things away before going over to Daehyun’s side and crouching down. Furrowing his eyebrows and puffing out his cheeks, he pushed Daehyun, causing the older male to topple out of his seat and onto the floor.
 
Daehyun loked around with wide eyes, a bit dazed as he tried to figure out what had just happened. His eyes soon landed on Young Jae once the younger male got to his feet, more confusion crossing into his mind as he slowly brought himself back into his seat. “W-What was that about Young Jae..? Is class over?” (DH)
 
“No..! You have to pay attention!” (YJ) Daehyun whined a little bit as he laid his head onto the table. He was about to drift back to sleep when a sudden thwack on the head caused him to sit up and rub the back of his head. PABO!” (YJ)
 
“Okay! Okay! I’ll pay attention! Just stop hurting me already!” (DH) A few of the class let out laughter here and there as Young Jae finally sat back down, taking out his notebook to continue taking notes. The teacher smiled with amusement as he walked back up to the chalkboard, continuing his lesson once more.
 
Daehyun pouted a bit as he slouched in his seat, picking up his pencil as he began playing with it. The lesson was boring and he almost saw no point to paying attention, but now that Young Jae was getting mad at him, he was kind of forced to stay awake. With a small sigh, Daehyun turned his head as he looked out the window. He was about to start daydreaming when a pencil quickly hit him on the top of his head.
 
Letting out a quiet ‘ow’, Daehyun turned and glared at Young Jae, whom quickly shrunk in his seat. Realizing what he just did, Daehyun’s eyes widened as he turned back around and looked down at his table. Had he really just glared at Young Jae? He hadn’t actually gotten made at the younger male since that time a few months ago and.. it only made him feel bad for doing so. It was the only way to keep his attention and Young Jae was most likely just doing what he had been told to do, so it wasn’t really Young Jae’s fault.
 
So.. he would have to apologize to Young Jae after class. Yea, that was probably the best thing to do. He didn’t want Young Jae to think that he was still mad at him or that he was mad at him at all. Daehyun was just.. a bit grumpy after waking up with a bit of a rude awakening. He was rather certain that most people would be grump after being pushed out of their slumber land.. right..?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Okay..
I don't really know about this chapter ;;
Buuut I am planning to finally end this fanfic soon.
I feel like I've been dragging this fanfic out for far too long now >.<..
Buut.. I won't just skip to the ending randomly. xD
I'll add in a few more chapters and then end it in a nice way. x3
I also do not know how much is a 'few' so it could be 10 chapters it could be like 3..
We shall see >3<
 
Comments are loved!
I like talking with everyone and seeing how I am doing writing wise. x3
I'd also like to see your thoughts on my thoughts above!
 
AND AUGH I DON'T LIKE THIS NEW FORMAT FOR THE CHAPTERS ;;
It's throwing my formatting off entirely and making it difficult to get my original formatting >.< ]]