sixty

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(HM) - Himchan's Mom speaking
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(J) - Jessica speaking
(Y) - Yuri speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Why was the time ticking by so fast? It was getting closer and close to the College Scholastic Ability Test and yet... it still felt like there wasn't enough time to prepare. There was too much pressure and there were many ways that one could escape from all of this. However... it was best to face it head on without any regrets.
 
Still, it seemed too difficult. Daehyun didn't want to end up going to a different university than Young Jae. Everything depended on whether he can pass this test or not and even then, there was still the matter of how high he scored. After all, he did have to somehow match Young Jae's scores.
 
Young Jae peeked into the bedroom for the fifth time that day. It was Saturday and instead of lounging around resting, or watching television, or anything along those lines, Daehyun was studying. At first, Young Jae had liked that Daehyun was studying so hard. It did make Young Jae happy to see Daehyun not put off studying like he usually did. Daehyun had even improved a lot thanks to the review Young Jae had given earlier!
 
Two weeks have passed and now, it only worried Young Jae.
 
It was almost the only thing Daehyun ever seemed to do. At home, Daehyun was always in their room studying. If he ever left his table, it was usually to use the bathroom. He never even got up to eat, which was a huge warning sign for Young Jae. After all, it normally took the entire world to keep Daehyun away from food and usually, even that didn't work. Now though, Young Jae had to bring Daehyun his food and sometimes.. it would sit there for hours.
 
Even with his worry over Daehyun's health, Young Jae also couldn't help but feel lonely. He barely had the chance to talk with Daehyun for the past two weeks and even their time spent together had diminished. He hasn't even held Daehyun's hand once during that time, let alone being held in Daehyun's arms or even receiving a single kiss from him. Any time he went to bed, Daehyun was still studying. Even when he woke up, Daehyun was yet again.. still studying. Young Jae wondered if Daehyun even slept at all. The bags underneath Daehyun's eyes seemed to support Young Jae's theory.
 
"D-Daehyun...?" (YJ) No response. Opening the door a bit wonder, Young Jae slowly stepped towards Daehyun. He bit his bottom lip as he began to feel a bit nervous. "Daehyun...? Are you doing well..?" (YJ)
 
"Mm.." (DH) Stopping right next to Daehyun, Young Jae set the tray, that he was currently holding, down onto the empty space on the table. He had prepared food for Daehyun to eat, but Daehyun hadn't come out to eat when Young Jae called him. Crouching down low, Young Jae placed his hand on Daehyun's thigh as he pouted a bit.
 
"Daehyun...? I-I... I'm worried. Can you eat a little bit.. with me...?" (YJ) Daehyun merely glanced down at Young Jae before looking back at his work. Young Jae tightened his hold on Daehyun's thigh as he moved closer. He didn't want to give up so soon. "Please...? I-I really wanna eat with you..." (YJ)
 
"Can't you eat with Noona..?" (DH) Based on the sound of Daehyun's voice alone, it was evident that he was worn out. Young Jae didn't like that Daehyun was doing this to himself.
 
"She went grocery shopping.." (YJ) Silence yet again. Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he got to his feet. There had to be something that would pull Daehyun away from his work. Something, anything would be fine as long as it worked.
 
A sudden thought popped up in his head as Young Jae quickly left the room. He couldn't believe that he hadn't thought of this before, but he was glad that he did now. Appearing once again a few minutes later, Young Jae stopped by the table before setting a plate containing a slice of cheesecake down on top of Daehyun's paperwork. He bit his bottom lip as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt, waiting patiently to see what Daehyun's reaction would be.
 
Daehyun stared at the slice of cheesecake. He let out a small sigh before looking up at Young Jae, setting his pencil down as he did so. "What are you doing?" (DH)
 
"I-I got you cheesecake! I... I bought it yesterday and I really think you'll like it. Please eat it well" (YJ) Daehyun sighed as he moved the plate onto the tray, wherever there was any space for it. Young Jae frowned as he watched Daehyun pick up his pencil once more before turning back to his work.
 
With one last attempt to pull Daehyun away, Young Jae crawled underneath the chair until he was underneath the table. It may have been cramped here, but he had to do something. Young Jae his lips as he reached forward, just barely slipping a finger behind the elastic bands of Daehyun's pants and underwear when a hand stopped him. Looking up, Young Jae could see the annoyance in Daehyun's eyes. For Daehyun, just seeing the worry in Young Jae's eyes made him let out a sigh before pushing the chair back. "What are you doing this time?" (DH)
 
"I.. I want you to take a break.... It's not good to study for so long and.. I-I really miss spending time with you.." (YJ) Daehyun leaned back in his seat as he ruffled the back of his head in annoyance. He didn't really know how to respond to Young Jae in a nice way, but he had to think of something.
 
"Young Jae.. can you just go? I'm busy." (DH) Young Jae looked down as he fumbled with the hem of his shirt. He could feel the disappointment growing inside of him, but he knew that Daehyun really wanted to do well on the test. Crawling out from underneath the desk, he got to his feet as he slowly began walking towards the bedroom door. "Young Jae..?" (DH)
 
Young Jae turned to look at Daehyun, hope filling in his eyes. However, he looked down at the tray that was being held out to him before looking back up at Daehyun in confusion. "Can you take this tray away? It's distracting." (DH)
 
"O-Oh... Okay.." (YJ) Taking the tray into his hands, Young Jae turned and made his way out of the bedroom. Once he was in the kitchen, Young Jae placed the food away into the fridge before sitting down on the nearby stool. What was he supposed to do? He wanted Daehyun to take a break, any sort of break would do.. even if it was only five minutes. He knew that this was unhealthy, but Daehyun didn't seem to want to listen to him at all.
 
Making his way back into the bedroom, he made sure to change quietly and gather the things that he needed before pausing briefly at the doorway. He looked at Daehyun, whom had not turned to look at him once. He felt like he was leaving him, but he would be back. When he did, he would definitely make sure that Daehyun listened to him.. even if he had to force Daehyun somehow. Okay, so that was a bit mean.. but it was for Daehyun's health!
 
Just as Young Jae left, Daehyun turned to look at the doorway. He frowned a bit as his grip tightened on his pencil. "Sorry Young Jae, but... I need to do this. Forgive me..?" (DH)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he looked down at his phone. He had texted both Himchan and Myungsoo and they both decided to meet up at Himchan's house. He had hoped to just get answers through text messages, but he knew that it would have been difficult to do so when they each had to text one another separately instead of all at once. So now, he was on his way to Himchan's house.
 
Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae finally placed his phone away before looking up. Maybe he should buy something, but then again.. what would he buy and would it even work? He scrapped the idea as he looked up towards the sky. Was it alright to be worrying this much?
 
Before thinking about that, it was probably best to get Himchan's and Myungsoo's advice first. It did seem like a good idea and those two were usually the ones he went to for advice anyway. Sometimes he would ask Sungyeol, but... he seems to change his mind too often. It only ended up confusing Young Jae even further.
 
It didn't take that much longer before he finally arrived at Himchan's house. Walking up the pathway, Young Jae reached out to ring the doorbell before pausing. Why was he nervous all of a sudden? it didn't make much sense, but it was happening.
 
Young Jae jumped as he felt a body barely press up against his from behind, but he could also tell that they were trying to keep their distance. A hand soon took hold of his finger and pulled him forward before pressing the tip of his finger against the doorbell. Turning, he finally realized that it was Myungsoo. Myungsoo smiled a bit before pulling his hand away and taking a step back. "Don't hesitate to get your answers." (L)
 
Lowering his arm, Young Jae smiled as he nodded. Myungsoo was right. He shouldn't be hesitating. If he wanted to help Daehyun, then there was no turning back. He turned his head back towards the door as it swung open, revealing a grinning Himchan. "You're finally-" (HC)
 
"HIMCHAN! WHO'S AT THE DOOR?!" (HM) Himchan groaned as he turned around and yelled back.
 
"IT'S JUST YOUNG JAE AND MYUNGSOO!" (HC)
 
"OH?! YOUNG JAE AND MYUNGSOO?! I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM IN AGES! I WILL BE OUT SOON!" (HM)
 
"THAT'S NOT NECESSARY!" (HC)
 
"HIMCHAN! DON'T TELL YOUR MOM WHAT TO DO!" (HM)
 
"I'M NOT! IT WAS A SUGGESTION!" (HC)
 
"IT WAS A BAD SUGGESTION! BE MORE LIKE MYUNGSOO OR YOUNG JAE!" (HM)
 
"IF I WANTED TO BE LIKE THEM, I WOULD HAVE DONE SO AGES AGO!" (HC)
 
"DO YOU WANT TO BREAK YOUR MOTHER'S HEART?! IS THAT IT?! I COULD GO AT ANY MOMENT AND THEN WHERE WOULD YOU BE?!" (HM)
 
"ARASSEO! DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!" (HC) While Himchan had been having a shouting match with his mother,, both Young Jae and Myungsoo had been standing around, waiting awkwardly for it all to end. They were used to this by now and in the end, Himchan's mom would pull the guilt card and automatically win. If Himchan persisted, then so would she. Either way, she just seemed to be able to get her way.
 
"Aish...! We're coming in." (L) Myungsoo pushed Young Jae forward as he forced their way past Himchan and into the living room. If it wasn't for the fact that they were getting chilly by the cold, Myungsoo would have waited for Himchan to let them in.
 
"Omo..! So rude." (HC) Himchan closed the door and locked it before following the two into the living room. Once there, Himchan sat down comfortably in his seat before looking over at the two whom seemed to be awkawrdly sitting in the loveseat across from him. "Eh? What's with you two?" (HC)
 
"I-I'm just cold.." (YJ) Himchan merely rolled his eyes as he adjusted himself a bit.
 
"Okay, so why do you want to talk about Daehyun again?" (HC)
 
"Um... Well.. I'm just worried that he's studying too much. He might burn himself out a-and.." (YJ)
 
"It's nothing! Daehyun just wants to do well to impress you and then after that, he wants to make sweet sweet love to you because he has your attention!" (HC) Himchan nodded as if he knew exactly what he was talking about. Young Jae was a wee bit gullible, nodding a bit as he felt like that may have been the answer. However, Young Jae seemed to know a bit better about Daehyun's way of thinking than Himchan did.
 
"I don't think that's the case. He loves you a lot and it makes sense that he wants to try and reach your level. Think about it. Once high school is over, next is university and he may not want to be separated from you." (L) Himchan scoffed as he sat up, looking at Young Jae.
 
"Don't listen to him! Daehyun just wants to impress you! So don't worry about it." (HC) Young Jae had forgotten that whenever these two didn't agree on something, it would also prove to end up confusing him. Either way, Young Jae just nodded and kept both of their ideas in mind.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Daehyun sighed a bit as he looked up at the framed picture on his desk. His eyes continued to stare longingly at the male that he was holding in the picture, that beautiful man that he was engaged to. Daehyun felt bad about pretending to ignore Young Jae. Any time Young Jae went to bed, Daehyun made complete sure that Young Jae was asleep before he climbed into the bed and held Young Jae as close as possible. Whenever Young Jae was walking out of the room, Daehyun always looked back and begged for forgiveness.
 
This time though, it was a lot harder. It really did seem like Young Jae was pulling out all the stops. Food, which smelt delicious since he hadn't had breakfast today. Then cheesecake?! How could he ever resist cheesecake! It was hard, but he somehow managed to do it. That wasn't all. The second he felt Young Jae bump into his legs, he could already feel himself stiffening from just imagining Young Jae's soft, moist lips against . Still.. he couldn't let it happen. He had to study without any sort of break. This was important to him.
 
"Hey! Working hard I see." (J) Daehyun looked up to see Jessica walking up to him with the same plate that held the cheesecake about an hour ago. Jessica set the cheesecake down on top of his work, just as Young Jae had done so, as she placed her hands on her hips to look at what he was doing. "Ouch.. Forgot about that test." (J)
 
"Did Young Jae send you in here?" (DH)
 
"No. He's not even home. Why do you ask?" (J) Daehyun looked back down at the cheesecake as his grip tightened on his pencil. Did Young Jae leave because of him? Was he sad or disappointed or even angry with him for not looking his way when he asked for it? He shouldn't have been so hard on him, but.. it had to be done.
 
"Nothing.. Say uh.. Noona. What was the test like for you?" (DH)
 
"Oh... It was horrible! It was difficult for me, but somehow I passed." (J) That wasn't exactly the kind of answer that Daehyun was looking for. He had hoped that Jessica would say that it was easy or that it was alright or something along those lines, but no. It just had to be horrible or difficult or she had somehow passed. This wasn't exactly reassuring to him.
 
"Can you help me Noona? I've been studying so much, but there are still some things I can't understand." (DH)
 
"Me? Help you? I can't do that! You'd be better off asking Young Jae!" (J) It wasn't that she was being mean or something like that. Jessica just simply couldn't help with something academic. It had been, what, five to seven years since she's last taken the test? She would only end up causing Daehyun to fail. "But.. I know you can do it. You're a Jung after all! Buuut.. if you really need help, go ask Young Jae. He's smart and he's your fiance! He wants to help after all." (J)
 
Daehyun remained quiet, but he nodded. After getting his hair ruffled, Daehyun waited until Jessica left the room before looking down at this phone. Should he really ask Young Jae for help? He did want his results to be a surprise, but then again... now that he was recalling all his many other surprises, it seemed like that wasn't a good idea. Yea.. he probably should ask Young Jae for help then. Maybe then, it would make Young Jae worry less. Yea, that would be the nice thing to do.
 
Picking up his phone, Daehyun scrolled through the contacts before pressing the dial button and pressing the phone up to his ear.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Daehyun.. you have to do it this way." (YJ) They were both sitting in the living room where there was more open space for them. There were books opened, papers scattered everywhere, but somehow.. they managed to keep the table as neat as possible. Young Jae was trying his best to show Daehyun all of the different ways to reach an answer, but by doing so, it only ended up confusing Daehyun even more.
 
"I just don't get it! Can't you make it easier or.. something?!" (DH) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he looked around. Papers, books, all of the words printed on each of these pages jsut didn't seem to show him the answer he needed to provide for Daehyun.
 
A sudden idea popped up and he wasn't sure whether it would be the best thing to do, but.. it was the only idea he could come up with. It worked before so maybe, it would work this time.
 
Getting up from his seat, Young Jae made his way over to the kitchen. Gathering what he needed, he finally reappeared from the kitchen after a few minutes before sitting down in the seat he had taken earlier. "Here! I'll.. um.. I'll give you this cheesecake if you can solve the problem." (YJ)
 
"I don't care for cheesecake right now! I just want to know how to get the answer!" (DH) Daehyun turned his attention away from the cheesecake before he pulled the book he needed and began trying to figure out the answer.
 
Sadly, this only kept Young Jae's worry levels up. This method had worked before, but the fact that Daehyun wasn't interested in it anymore really did prove that this was stressing Daehyun out. Too much information may not be sticking to Daehyun like he hoped and the fact that Daehyun wasn't taking enough breaks was also proof enough that constant studying was bad for a person. However, all he could do was try to find the simplest way to expalin things.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"You can do it! Come on everyone, let's cheer loudly!" (Y) Yuri stood at the front of the group of students rallied at the school gates. A majority of the younger students had gathered around, carrying signs of encouragement to help cheer on their senior classmates. It was important to give off their positive energies that could help all the students taking that evil test.
 
Daehyun's leg shook as he held his head in his hands. His eyes were still scanning the lines in his review, the same review that Young Jae had given him weeks ago. It was already the day of the test, the day of the evil test that would either make him or break him. He wasn't sure if he could do this. He wasn't sure if he could handle the pressure, but.. he was here now.
 
Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he looked up from his notes. His eyes stared at the back of Daehyun's head and although he couldn't physically see it, Young Jae could feel Daehyun's anxiety levels rising. "Hey! You can do well, Daehyun. You've been studying so much! You even answer all of the questions in class now!" (SY)
 
No response. Sooyoung rubbed her arm a bit before looking over at Yongguk. Yongguk cleared his throat before leaning in close, a sly smirk coming onto his face. "Hey, I bet if you do well, Young Jae will want to do a lot of positions with you. I heard that Himchan had even told Young Jae some new moves." (BY)
 
Still no response. Yongguk pulled away as he sighed, looking over at Sooyoung before shrugging. Young Jae was glad that he wasn't the only one trying to cheer up Daehyun, but it didn't seem to work all that well. Still.. hopefully once this test is over, then everything will be alright.
 
His thoughts were broken when he heard the door slide open.
 
Everyone turned their attention to the door as the teacher soon stepped in. Instantly, everyone turned off their cell phones and placed everything away. Daehyun was mentally freaking out, but he knew he had to do well. He had to do well, but.. he still felt like he wasn't ready.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
I apologize to everyone!
I have to start typing these chapters on here and I forgot to hide the chapter before saving.
So to those who saw the update notice but no new chapter, I apologize.
 
But yea...
Daehyun is getting nervous for this test..
I hope he does well >.<..
wait.. I'm the one typing it.
So I should know how he does.. but I don't.
I haven't decided yet. ;;
 
Comments are loved!
I love talking withe everyone >3<
I also like to see if I am typing these chapters well enough for everyone's enjoyment! ]]