thirtythree

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
(S) - Sungyeol speaking
(YA) - Yoona speaking
(J) - Jessica speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“You nervous?” (DH) Young Jae turned to look at Daehyun before nodding. Time had passed rather quickly and before they knew it, it was time for when they would be announcing the winners. Envelopes had been sent ahead of time and the groups that were receiving awards had been told so while everyone else had only been invited to the dinner. It was a bit of a formal type affair, so basically everyone was wearing formal attire. Both Daehyun and Young Jae were wearing suits, but Daehyun wouldn’t be stepping out onto that stage with everyone else.
 
“Y-Yes... I-I am.. But.. w-why can’t you come out with us?” (YJ)
 
“I don’t see a point. After all, it was all you and everyone else.” (DH) In all honesty, Daehyun didn’t want to step out there for a different reason. He just felt like he didn’t earn the right to step out onto that stage with everyone to receive whatever award they were getting. “And besides, I want to see my boyfriend shine on that stage. I’ll miss that chance if I’m up there with you.” (DH)
 
“B-But..” (YJ)
 
“No but’s! You earned it, so enjoy. Someone has to take pictures anyway, right?” (DH) Daehyun smiled as he leaned in, pressing his lips against Young Jae’s before ruffling the younger male’s hair. He loved that his boyfriend was always thinking of him and it really did touch his heart, but.. there were just some times where Young Jae didn’t have to think of him.
 
Young Jae bit his bottom lip, quite unsure though. He really wanted Daehyun to be up on the stage with him. It was unfair, especially since Daehyun had been working so hard, even with his broken leg. Closing his eyes tightly, he let out a small sigh before looking up at Daehyun. “O-Okay... I just wish that.. you would come up on stage with us. You.. you worked so hard.. It’s not fair..” (YJ)
 
“Don’t worry about it Young Jae! Just have fun, I told you! I don’t want you to worry about me anymore.” (DH) Young Jae played with the hem of his tux before nodding slightly. He would try, but he was still going to keep thinking about Daehyun. “Good. Now, go to the others now. I’ll go down to the audience to get the most perfect angle of you!” (DH)
 
With a quick peck on Young Jae’s lips, Daehyun waved and quickly made his way out to where all the other teams were currently sitting. Luckily, his group’s table was up front and the only one sitting at the table was Sungyeol and Jessica. Sitting down next to Jessica, he grinned as he looked at his older sister. “Yah.. why are you here? Shouldn’t you be in the back with everyone else?” (J)
 
“Nah... I don’t see the point. Plus, I have to take pictures of my cute boyfriend.” (DH)
 
“Aish.. this kid. You deserve to be up there!” (J)
 
“Don’t worry about it Noona.” (DH) Daehyun grinned as he pulled out his camera. Well, it wasn’t really his. It was actually Myungsoo’s, but he had to be the one to take pictures anyway, so it doesn’t really matter anyway. Jessica only shook her head in disapproval while Sungyeol was looking over at Daehyun.
 
“Daehyun! Make sure you get really good pictures! I want to see the very best of my innocent baby brother!” (S) Daehyun grinned and nodded, looking up towards the stage as he waited patiently for the judges to start handing out the awards.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Once Daehyun was out of sight, Young Jae began biting his nails as he made his way over to where Myungsoo and the others were. For some reason, he hadn’t really gotten into the habit of biting his nails until recently. He didn’t know why, but it’s not like it was hurting anyone. Either way, once he got there, he stopped next to Myungsoo, keeping his gaze down as he continued thinking. Myungsoo turned to look at Young Jae, a single brow raising. “What’s wrong, Young Jae?” (L)
 
“H-Huh..? Oh.. um.. I.. I just wish Daehyun could come up on stage with us.” (YJ) Myungsoo looked at Young Jae with a bit of a confused look on his face before turning to look at Yongguk and Sooyoung. They had been talking quietly amongst themselves, but they looked over at Myungsoo once Yongguk noticed that he was looking in their general direction.
 
“Hey. Why can’t Daehyun come on stage with us?” (L)
 
“Huh? What do you mean? He’s allowed to come up on stage since he’s part of the group!” (SY) Young Jae scratched the side of his head, trying to think. So, Daehyun really was allowed to be up on stage with them? “Where is he anyway? I thought that he was going to come up on stage with us!” (SY)
 
“H-He.. he said that there was no point..” (YJ)
 
“That Daehyun..! What does he mean by no point?! He’s the leader of the group! He should be the one to accept the award!” (SY) Sooyoung crossed her arms as her eyebrows furrowed. She wasn’t going to let that Daehyun get away with this.. whatever it is that he’s trying to get away with! “I’m going to go talk to him this instant!” (SY)
 
“Hold on. Why don’t we just call Daehyun up when we go to accept the award?” (BY) The idea had just popped up in Yongguk’s head and, well.. if it embarrassed Daehyun, then it would just end up being a bonus. Young Jae nodded his head happily. It really did seem like a good idea and Daehyun would be forced to go up onto stage.
 
“C-Can we do that? I-It’s a really good idea! I wanna do it!” (YJ)
 
“Okay, then you can call Daehyun up on stage?” (L)
 
“H-Huh..?” (YJ) Young Jae looked at Myungsoo and stared for a moment. He was trying to figure out what Myungsoo meant by him calling Daehyun up onto the stage and finally.. it hit him. He was supposed to be the one to accept the trophy. “W-Why me?!” (YJ)
 
“Because you’re the one that’s totally in love with Daehyun, right?” (L) Young Jae bit his bottom lip before slowly nodding. Yes, he was in love with Daehyun and wouldn’t give him up even if his own life was threatened, but.. he didn’t know if he could talk in front of everyone. Myungsoo chuckled though, ruffling Young Jae’s hair a bit. “You can do it. It’ll mean a lot more to Daehyun if you do it.” (L)
 
“B-B-B-But..” (YJ)
 
“Come on Young Jae! It’ll be fine! Myungsoo will speak first before you go up to talk. Right Myungsoo?” (YA) Yoona looked at Myungsoo and smiled, causing the male to sigh before nodding. One way or another, Myungsoo knew that he was going to end up being dragged up into this. Well, he didn’t mind at least.
 
“W-Well.. o-okay then..” (YJ) Young Jae bit his bottom lip. He still wasn’t sure about this. In fact, he kind of didn’t want to do this anymore. But, he wanted Daehyun to feel included. “W-What am I supposed to say..?” (YJ)
 
“After Myungsoo speaks a bit, he’ll pull you in and you’ll call up Daehyun!” (YA) Sooyoung nodded happily in agreement and Yongguk gave a small nod as well. Young Jae still didn’t know. It seemed difficult and he still technically didn’t know what to say, but.. he was determined to do it. Rubbing his charm a bit, he let out a small sigh before looking towards the entrance that led off to the stage.
 
Young Jae really hoped that it’ll go well.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae bit his bottom lip as the judges called up groups depending on what place they had got. Tiffany’s group had gotten third place and it was clear that Tiffany was not happy the second she got off the stage. She was scolding Dongwoo often and Young Jae felt bad for Dongwoo. Second place went to another group and soon, first place came. Young Jae clung onto Myungsoo’s tux, holding it tightly as he felt extremely nervous.
 
“Yah.. you’re going to wrinkle my sleeve.” (L) Myungsoo chuckled as Young Jae instantly let go, bowing his head two or three times before Myungsoo finally held Young Jae up by holding his shoulders. “It’s alright. I was kidding. Just calm down. If you’re really nervous, look for Daehyun and keep your eyes on him. That’s something he would say, right?” (L)
 
“Y-Yea.. o-okay.. I’ll do that.” (YJ) Young Jae usually felt calm whenever he saw Daehyun, so it made sense for him to keep his eyes on Daehyun while they were up on that stage, right? Though, another thought came into mind. “Why are we up on stage instead of wondering if we’ll win?” (YJ)
 
“It’s because there have been incidents in the past where a certain group broke out in frustration and tried to attack the group who got first place. Plus, we don’t even know if we’re first place. There’s still two other groups back here.” (SY)
 
“When did that attack happen?” (YA)
 
“Last year. Tiffany tried to strangle me and Daehyun.” (SY) Young Jae and Yoona both felt uncomfortable. The fact that Tiffany had lost it in public was scary alone. Though, Yoona should have assumed as much considering they did break Daehyun’s leg about three months ago. “Anyway, get ready. They’re about to call first place.” (SY)
 
Just as Sooyoung finished her sentence, their group had been called. Young Jae’s eyes widened. Had he heard right? Had their group really been called? He turned to see everyone else was smiling happily as Yoona and Sooyoung began laughing in disbelief. Finally, Yongguk led the way with everyone else following soon after him. Stepping onto that stage, Young Jae’s eyes instantly started searching for Daehyun. Of course, it wasn’t that hard with Daehyun being right up against the stage, snapping away with Myungsoo’s camera. The second Daehyun saw Young Jae, he let the camera hand around his neck while waving like a maniac before he went back to taking pictures.
 
Standing in the middle, the judges handed the trophy to Myungsoo since he had stepped up to the middle first and the microphone was held out to him. Yongguk took it and held it to Myungsoo, clearly not wanting to talk. “Ahh.. thank you so much for choosing us for this win! We had a lot of fun and the groups we went up against did so well! Though.. we couldn’t have accomplished this with a certain someone’s help. He.. should be up here with us.” (L)
 
Myungsoo nodded and Yongguk held the microphone out to Young Jae. Young Jae’s eyes widened as he slowly took a hold of the microphone. Slowly, he brought the microphone to his lips, his eyes landing on Daehyun, whom seemed quite confused. “O-Our leader.. Jung Daehyun should be up here with us! P-Please.. help us get him up here with a round of applause!” (YJ)
 
Sooyoung instantly began clapping her hands, causing the entire room to erupt into applause. Daehyun looked around, quite surprised by this sudden attempt to make him step up onto the stage. He smiled though as tears started to fill his eyes. He was touched that they would do something like this. Wiping his eyes, he went around and made his way up onto the stage before Young Jae held the microphone out to Daehyun. He smiled a bit as he took the microphone.
 
“Ah.. um.. thank you very much. Although I could not join my team for the competition, I am so very proud to have worked with all of them. Thank you again so much for the trophy!” (DH) Daehyun bowed, causing the rest of his team to bow while the audience clapped. Daehyun felt flustered having to come up with a last minute speech and he was quite sure that it didn’t sound all that great. A few more seconds passed before they finally got down from the stage and sat at their table. “You guys didn’t have to call me up on stage.” (DH)
 
“You deserved to be up there just as much as us! It isn’t fair that you didn’t want to be up there with us!” (SY)
 
“She’s right you know. You came up with the choreography, made sure that we got it down and drilled us over and over again.” (BY) Daehyun let out a small sigh as he rubbed the back of his head. His friends were always making sure that he was included into stuff and he wasn’t necessarily sure whether it was a good thing or not. Either way, he was still touched that they had surprised him the way they did.
 
“D-Daehyun.. are you mad?” (YJ) Daehyun looked at Young Jae. He stared blankly before he chuckled a bit and ruffled Young Jae’s hair. He really was cute, even when his black hair made him look y. Was it even allowed to be both cute and y at the same time? If it wasn’t, then he wouldn’t mind being the one to arrest Young Jae and do some things to him.
 
“No, I’m not mad. I’m actually really touched..” (DH) Daehyun smiled as he wrapped an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders before pecking a simple kiss on his cheek. Daehyun felt bad for not just going up on stage with everyone when Young Jae had asked, but.. he really felt like he didn’t deserve it. But, if everyone else felt like including him, then he didn’t mind following after them. He really was glad to not only have a wonderful boyfriend, but to also have great friends.
 
“H-How long does the dinner last?” (YJ)
 
“Uh.. possibly another four or five hours. There’s usually dancing once all awards are given out.” (BY) Yongguk eyed Sooyoung, seeing the burning passion in her eyes as she ate. For the previous two years, Sooyoung almost always started a dance battle with Tiffany. Nothing bad usually happened, but they normally did end up hogging the dance floor. Yongguk looked over at where the dance floor was located and chuckled a bit. It seemed like they had made it bigger this year.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
All awards had been given out and the music was now blaring out of the speakers, making it quite difficult to hear the person right next to them. Sooyoung was the first one out on the dance floor, though Tiffany wanted to prove otherwise. Yoona reluctantly followed after Sooyoung, though it was mainly to make sure that she didn’t end up hurting anyone. Everyone else, however, stayed at the table.
 
“You think that they’ll serve more food around here?” (DH) Daehyun looked around, but he didn’t spot any waiters that were currently walking around. The waiters that he did spot were standing behind a table where a few other competitors were crowding around.
 
Daehyun soon felt his shoulder being lightly tapped, causing him to turn to look at Young Jae. The younger male pointed at Yongguk, causing Daehyun to have to turn once more before his eyes landed on Yongguk. No matter what he tried though, Yongguk’s deep voice just seemed to be blending in all too well with the bass from the song that was currently playing. “WHAT?! I CAN’T HEAR YOU!” (DH)
 
“He SAID that the rest of the night, you have to serve yourself over there!” (L) Myungsoo pointed over at the table that Daehyun had been looking at earlier. With a grin and a nod, Daehyun got up out of his seat before quickly making his way over to the table. Myungsoo let out a sigh before looking over at Young Jae. “What do you see in him anyway?” (L)
 
“I-I...” (YJ) Young Jae paused for a moment before looking at Daehyun. At the moment, Daehyun was stuffing his face. What exactly did he see in Daehyun? With a small smile, he looked back at Myungsoo. “I.. I see everything in him.” (YJ)
 
Myungsoo chuckled before shaking his head slightly and turning back towards the table. He couldn’t exactly remember, but he did recall that there was some sort of saying about love being blind. Either way, it just seemed like Young Jae was a prime example of that saying. Though, as Myungsoo looked back at Young Jae and saw him staring at Daehyun once more, he began to think otherwise. As long as Daehyun kept Young Jae happy, that’s all that mattered.
 
Soon, Sungyeol slowly got up from his seat. His pent up energy from sitting still for so long was officially at their limits. He went around the table before standing behind Young Jae, causing the younger male to look up at his older brother with a questioning look on his face. “Yah, Young Jae. Get up. We’re going to go dance.” (S)
 
“H-Huh...? B-But I don’t want t-” (YJ)
 
“Are you going against your older brother?!” (S)
 
“I-I..” (YJ) In all honesty, Young Jae wanted to dance with Daehyun. Now that Daehyun’s cast was off and he had that brace on, Daehyun almost had the ability to dance. They hadn’t really danced for fun before and he wanted to do it today. He was, sadly, about to cave in to his older brother’s wishes when Myungsoo cut in.
 
“Aish.. stop pestering Young Jae. If you really don’t want do dance alone, then I’ll babysit you. Now, hurry up before I change my mind!” (L) Myungsoo got up out of his seat before he began pushing Sungyeol towards the dance floor. Despite Sungyeol’s protests, it was evident that there was nothing else he could do. Young Jae sighed in relief before turning to look at the only two left at the table; Yongguk and Jessica.
 
The silence was awkward between the three of them. Young Jae rarely ever spoke to the two and judging from the fact that they were silent also must mean that they rarely ever spoke to each other either. It was just a guess, but it seemed like a good guess at the moment. Young Jae wanted to break the silence, but he didn’t exactly know how. Plus, it would be hard for them to hear him since they were across the table.
 
Luckily, Daehyun had returned with a plate filled with all kinds of food. He looked at the three, whom all stared back at him. Slowly sitting down, he continued to eye the three before letting out a sigh. “Sheesh.. what’s with you three? It’s kind of creepy..” (DH)
 
“Well, what do you expect us to do? We basically do the same thing every year.” (J) Sadly, it was true. Every year that they had been brought along, minus Young Jae, they sat there awkwardly. Normally, they would wait for something to happen or for a conversation to at least spark up. Sadly, nothing of the sort happened and they just end up staring at one another.
 
“Well, get out of those shells of yours! Get up and dance or something!” (DH)
 
“Aish.. I’m too old to be dancing with teenagers.” (J) Being the only person not in their teens or not even in college was quite uncomfortable after all. If everyone in this room had at least been in college, she would feel a bit more comfortable. She had graduated from univeristy about two years ago, so it wouldn’t have been too awkward.
 
“Aish.. noona! You need to loosen up and just accept how things are!” (DH)
 
“What about you?! Why don’t you ever go up and dance?!” (J) Young Jae’s ears instantly perked up as he attempted to listen to the conversation as best as possible. The fact that Daehyun didn’t go up to dance must mean something, right? He needed to find out what that reason was if he wanted to go up and dance with him.
 
“Because I’m eating!” (DH)
 
“You didn’t have food the past two years!” (J)
 
“Well, I was too hungry to dance before!” (DH) Young Jae sheepishly smiled. Daehyun was getting food into him, so it had to mean that he would be more willing to dance with him when the time comes, right? He really hoped so.
 
Daehyun looked over at Young Jae, noticing the male smiling. A single brow rose as he popped the last thing on his plate into his mouth. He was about to ask what YOung Jae was smiling about when the music changed to a slower song. Young Jae instantly perked up and looked over at Daehyun.
 
“D-Daehyun! P-Please dance with me!” (YJ) Daehyun stared for a bit as those whom didn’t want to slow dance returned to their seats. Daehyun didn’t know how to respond and his staring was starting to unnerve Young Jae. “D-Daehyun...?” (YJ)
 
Daehyun slowly got to his feet. By now, everyone had come back to the table and were now staring while quietly questioning Yongguk and Jessica. With a grin slowly creeping onto his feet, Daehyun held out his hand to Young Jae. Young Jae looked from Daehyun’s hand to his face before smiling and taking a hold of Daehyun’s hand. He slowly began raising to his feet, a blush creeping up across his face.
 
Daehyun led Young Jae over to the dance floor where various couples were out dancing. Daehyun took a hold of Young Jae’s right hand with his left hand while he placed his own right hand onto Young Jae’s waist. He leaned in closer, just enough to whisper into Young Jae’s ear. “Just follow my lead, okay?” (DH)
 
Young Jae nodded, signaling for Daehyun to begin. At first, it was difficult for Young Jae to follow Daehyun’s movements. Every now and then, he would tend to move the wrong way, or even accidentally step on Daehyun’s feet. Every time he stepped on Daehyun’s bad foot, he felt entirely bad and couldn’t even look up at Daehyun’s face. Young Jae pulled out of Daehyun’s grasp and with a sigh, attempted to flee from the dance floor. However, Daehyun stopped him and pulled him back into his hold. “Relax. Try to feel my movements and move with it. Also, keep your eyes on me.” (DH)
 
Young Jae bit his bottom lip before nodding. Resuming the same position as before, they began once more. At first, he had been having the same problems as before. However, it soon began getting easier and easier before he was finally able to follow Daehyun without too many problems. Daehyun grinned proudly as a small smile slowly crept up onto Young Jae’s face. He really did feel like he was gliding across the dance floor and he never wanted this feeling to end. Slowly, he looked back up at Daehyun before turning a bit red. “A-Am I doing good enough?” (YJ)
 
“Yes... you’re doing good! You have natural talent.” (DH)
 
“B-But.. you’re doing all the work..” (YJ)
 
“Not at all. After all, it takes two to dance.. whatever it is we’re dancing.” (DH) Daehyun chuckled as they continued their dance. In a way, they were technically waltzing at the moment, but Daehyun wasn’t entirely sure. Young Jae didn’t really care either. All that mattered was that he was dancing with Daehyun.
 
Soon, the song changed to an even slower song than before. Daehyun pressed his forehead against Young Jae’s, smiling a bit. He wrapped his arms loosely around Young Jae’s waist, closing his eyes a bit. Young Jae, not really sure what to do, wrapped his arms around Daehyun’s neck. Since the song was slower, they weren’t really dancing at the moment but they were technically moving. But did either of them care? No. They were just happy enough to be in each other’s arms. “Young Jae.. I love you.” (DH)
 
“I-I love you too..” (YJ) Both of them lifted their heads a bit. Slowly, they leaned their heads closer to one another before their lips softly touched. It wasn’t anything too long, but it was long enough to cause both of them to smile as they pressed their foreheads against each other once more. “Daehyun.. do you think we’ll be together forever?” (YJ)
 
“As long as you’ll have me, I’ll make sure of it.” (DH)
 
“T-Then I’ll have you always..” (YJ)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Young Jae rested his head on the window, sleeping peacefully. After finally having that romantic first and sort of second dance with Daehyun, Young Jae felt quite happy and oddly enough, he also felt quite exhausted. Daehyun smiled a bit as he kept his eyes on Young Jae’s sleeping figure while the car moved. “Did you have fun dancing with Young Jae?” (J)
 
“Mhm..” (DH) Only two slow songs had come up throughout the entire playlist, but he never wanted to forget them. He wanted to always remember and cherish the two dances that he had been allowed to share with the one that he loved.
 
“All my love is for you ~” (J) Daehyun turned to look at his older sister with a confused look on his face. She giggled a bit before folding her hands and placing them on her knee. “That’s what you wanted to tell Young Jae, right? You should tell him that if you ever propose to him one day.” (J)
 
“Propose...” (DH) Daehyun turned his attention back to Young Jae’s sleeping form. It was too early to even be thinking about proposal, but... it seemed possible. One day, he was going to propose and hopefully, Young Jae would say yes.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
FINALLY
I GOT THE CHAPTER DONE ;;
I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG DX
But I think all that time from not working on fanfics
(and being tired from school -/cough-)
Helped me come up with the chapter a little better. xD
 
Anyway, I hope it's adequate enough for everyone. x3
Just two more chapters left before the final one >3<..
.. Or maybe one. What does everyone think?
Do you want one more chapter until the last one or two? x3 ]]