fiftynine

I Love You, Just Like This

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
(YA) - Yoona speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jung Daehyun! When will you ever absorb any of this knowledge into this head of yours?! Do you not learn anything while you are being taught?!” The teacher knocked onto Daehyun’s head as he kept his gaze down towards the table. The teacher let out an irritated sigh as they walked back up towards the front before facing the class.

“Daehyun... I just do not know what to do with you! The College Scholastic Ability Test is next month and you are nowhere near ready for it! Everyone else is doing fine and yet, you’re the only one whom can’t seem to comprehend any of the material! Why can’t you be like Mister Yoo?! He has answered every single question correctly!” Daehyun tightly gripped his pant legs as he bit his bottom lip. He was trying his hardest, he really was. He just.. found it too difficult to remember everything. He wasn’t meant for all of the studying and memorizing.

“Ah.. I give up on you! I just don’t know what to do with you anymore! Class is dismissed for lunch.” As the other students all got up and began to leave, Daehyun stayed in his seat. What should he do? How was he going to get better at this? Ever since school started, he had been trying his best to study and yet.. nothing. Nothing seemed to be retaining within him and it was starting to get to him.

Putting his things away, Daehyun took a hold of his lunch before running out. Because of his current state though, he had completely missed the fact that Young Jae was currently speaking to him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sighed as he gripped the railing tightly. Looking down directly below him, Daehyun stared at the three story drop. It was very tempting to just end it all right then and there. It was one solution to just get away from all of this stress and tests that they were being put through. But... that was a cowards way out. Even if he didn’t do well, even if he knew that he would fail, Daehyun had to face that test head on. He had to ignore all the negative comments that were being thrown his way.

Still.. it was difficult. Constantly being called stupid, an idiot, or anything along those lines got to him. Sure, he tried to smile whenever possible, but.. eventually it would get to him. Now just happened to be the time that it finally affected him. Why couldn’t it affect him after he took the test?

“Daehyun...?” (YJ) He smiled at the gentle voice that he had grown to love. If anyone could comfort him, it was definitely Young Jae.. his fiance. Turning around, he held his small smile as he gave a small wave to Young Jae.

“Hey..” (DH) 

“Are.. you alright..?” (YJ) Daehyun gave a small nod as he turned back to look out at the world before him. As he felt Young Jae stand next to him, he looked down before placing his hand on top of Young Jae’s hand. Giving it a light squeeze, Daehyun sighed once more. He was about to rest his head against Young Jae’s, but Young Jae seemed to have a different thing in mind. “How come your grades are always so low..? Do.. you not study enough?” (YJ)

Instantly, Daehyun pulled his hand away as he turned around and began walking. Young Jae turned to look at Daehyun’s back as the older male soon came to a stop. “You just don’t understand..” (DH)

“N-No.. I don’t. T-That’s why I’m asking! I.. I wanna help raise your grades!” (YJ)

“Even if you helped, it wouldn’t matter! I just can’t do it!” (DH) Daehyun sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He didn’t want to get angry at Young Jae, he really didn’t. Still.. he was already frustrated as it was and the one person he thought that wouldn’t scold him for his grades was scolding him for his grades. “Can we just.. not talk about it.” (DH)

“But... I wanna help! H-How are you going to raise your grades if you don’t study more?” (YJ) Daehyun turned to Young Jae, but he quickly caught himself as he took in a deep breath. Slowly, he let the air out before looking at Young Jae directly in the eyes.

“Look.. I have been studying a lot already. I’m not like you! I can’t remember everything that I’ve read, so stop telling me to study more!” (DH) Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows as he puffed out his cheeks. Daehyun sighed with annoyance as he turned around. He already knew that Young Jae wasn’t going to drop the subject once he did that, but it wouldn’t serve Young Jae well. Daehyun was finding it difficult to keep his temper down and sooner or later, it was going to be released.

“Daehyun! You’re just not studying right! Y-You have to let me help you!” (YJ) Walking up to Daehyun, he wrapped his arms around Daehyun’s neck before hopping on top of Daehyun’s back, wrapping his legs around Daehyun’s waist. Daehyun just barely had enough time to keep them both from falling over. Reaching around, he placed his hands underneath Young Jae’s bottom to help keep him from falling off.. not that he wanted Young Jae to ride on his back in the first place.

“Aish...! What the heck are you doing?! I nearly fell over!” (DH)

“I-I won’t let go until you let me help you study!” (YJ) Daehyun gave Young Jae’s bottom a hard slap in an attempt to get him off, but it didn’t seem to help whatsoever. All he could hear was Young Jae let out a pained moan, but that was about it. “T-That won’t work!” (YJ)

“If I keep trying, it will!” (DH) Yet another hard slap, but Young Jae seemed to only let out a muffled moan this time. After the third slap, Daehyun let out an irritated groan as he tried to think of another way to get Young Jae to let go. Nothing seemed to come to mind, but for now.. the only thing he could do was give a hollow threat. “Young Jae.. if you don’t let go, I’m going to make you regret this.” (DH)

“N... N-No! Y-You have to let me help you!” (YJ) What should he do? Daehyun didn’t want Young Jae’s help. He wanted to do this on his own because he wanted to prove to Young Jae that he was worthy enough for him, but.. he could hear the sincerity in Young Jae’s voice. Daehyun could tell that Young Jae really did want to help him.

Just as he was about to cave, they heard the sound of the rooftop door opening. They both looked up to see Myungsoo and Sooyoung stepping out onto the roof before both pairs ended up staring at one another. “.. What are you two doing..?” (SY)

“... N-” (DH)

“I-I’m trying to make Daehyun let me help him study! He won’t let me!” (YJ) Daehyun sighed as he heard a chuckle escape Myungsoo’s lips. If it wasn’t Yongguk, then it was Myungsoo. Why did those two seem to have a similar personality?

“Want us to help? We could have a study party.” (L) That was the last thing that Daehyun wanted. If he didn’t want Young Jae helping him, what made Myungsoo think that it was alright to have him and other people helping also? But yet again, it seemed like Young Jae had something else in mind.

“Y-Yes! I-I like that idea! Can we do that Daehyun, please? Please please please?” (YJ) Daehyun let out a defeated sigh as he nodded. Why was it that he could almost never say no to Young Jae? He was already going to cave when Young Jae wanted to help him earlier, so he just did not have the energy to deny him anything else at this point. “Yay! Thank you Daehyun..” (YJ)

Young Jae adjusted himself a bit better so that he could rest his chin comfortably on top of Daehyun’s shoulder. Soon after that, he began rubbing the side of his head against Daehyun’s as he hugged Daehyun tightly.

Daehyun couldn’t help but smile as he turned and began walking towards their lunches. As he did so, his earlier actions came back to his mind as he slowly began to rub Young Jae’s bottom with one hand. “Sorry... your bottom must hurt right now..” (DH)

Young Jae turned red as he shook his head. It really did hurt at the moment, but he didn‘t want Daehyun to worry too much about it when he must have been stressed already by the test. Plus, it wasn’t as bad as Daehyun must have thought it felt. “N-No.. i-it doesn’t hurt that much..” (YJ)

The fact that it hurt at all still pained Daehyun’s heart. He was supposed to be protecting Young Jae like a good fiance and yet here he was, hurting him as if he had the right to do so. How could he face Young Jae as a husband if he was doing things like this? Daehyun would make it up to Young Jae. How? By scoring high on the test.

Once Young Jae was safely on his feet, the four of them sat down and soon began eating their lunches. Every now and then, Young Jae would look up at Myungsoo. They were just quick glances of course, but Myungsoo could practically feel Young Jae’s eyes on him the entire time. With one last glance, Myungsoo let out a sigh before looking up at Young Jae. “I know you have something to say, so just say it.” (L)

“I-I..!” (YJ) Young Jae turned a bit red as he turned his gaze towards the ground. He hadn’t expected to be caught and to be honest, he didn’t really know how exactly to ask his question. “U-Um.. b-both Woohyun and Sungyeol asked me to.. um.. ask you why they don’t see you around as much a-anymore..” (YJ)

Myungsoo sighed as he soon felt all eyes on him now. He hadn’t exactly expected Young Jae to ask him such a question while in the company of others, but it was still expected. He was just a bit surprised that the question hadn’t come sooner, especially since it was October now. “Just tell them that it’s because of.. certain actions that they did back in August.” (L)

“Omo.. What happened?! I wanna know!” (SY) Myungsoo looked over at Sooyoung as he gripped his chopsticks a bit tighter.

“Yah, scary lady. I don’t ask about your business, so don’t ask for mine.” (L)

“Eh?! Scary lady?! YAH! I AM NOT A SCARY LADY!” (SY)

“Oh? Ottoke! I think the scary lady is a watch and will cast a spell on me!” (L) Myungsoo pulled away as Sooyoung swung her hand to slap his arm. He moved away as he laughed, moving behind Daehyun as he now crouched low. “Wah, Daehyun. Take the curse for me. I’m too handsome compared to you.” (L)

“Eh? Take it yourself! I have to deal with it everyday.” (DH)

“YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN!” (SY)

“Watch out! She’s going to use her long legs of doom!” (DH) Both Daehyun and Myungsoo got up as they began running. Sooyoung, quite annoyed with the two, got up as well before she began chasing after them. This entire time, Young Jae was sitting there innocently, eating his food as he watched the event take place.

It was nice to see Daehyun finally calm and having fun. Sure, they were going to have to study a lot after class, but that didn’t mean that Daehyun couldn’t have some sort of break before then. After all, it wouldn’t help if Daehyun just studied too often. It would only end up burning him out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So booooring! Can’t we do something else?!” (HC) Himchan groaned as he dramatically fell back against the couch, placing his arm on his forehead. He had tagged along hoping that this study party would turn into an actual party, but with Young Jae around, it was near impossible to do such a thing.

“N-No! W-We... we have to study so that we can get good grades!” (YJ) Myungsoo picked up one of the packets of paper before hitting the top of Himchan’s head with it. Himchan slapped Myungsoo’s thigh before folding his arms and sitting back in his seat. Placing the packet back onto the table, Myungsoo looked back up at Young Jae as he leaned forward, resting his arms on his knees as he folded his hands.

“So, what do you have planned for us to do?” (YA) Young Jae fumbled with the hem of his shirt as he looked down at the packets that had been placed down onto the table.

“I-I made tests for everyone to take! I.. I have to see where everyone is at so that I can make reviews for um.. specific topics that each person is weak in.” (YJ) Picking up the packets of paper, Young Jae began handing a packet to each one. Once Daehyun had one in his hands, he stared at it nervously as he quickly looked around. Who was the best person to sit next to? “So.. um..  everyone spread out please! I don’t want cheating.” (YJ)

Daehyun silently cursed as everyone began to spread out around the room. He had hoped to at least cheat off of Sooyoung, but he already knew that Young Jae wouldn’t even let him anywhere near the others.

As Young Jae passed out a pencil to everyone, he picked up a stopwatch and looked at the time. He calculated how much time would be necessary before nodding a bit. “Um... you can start the test in three minutes. Then after that, you all have... um... one hour and thirty minutes to finish your test.” (YJ)

“Wait, what?! There’s like a twenty pages in this thing! I can’t finish a test this size in that time frame!” (DH) Young Jae looked over at Daehyun, whom looked completely distraught. Young Jae pouted as he began fiddling with the hem of his shirt once more.

“But... the test we all have to take has a shorter time limit per subject I think... I-I think there’s five subjects and even more sub areas in each subject...” (YJ) Was that correct? If he recalled, they had to take one math, one science, one English, one other foreign language, one history, and... something else. So that was six subjects with a few of them having sub areas. He couldn’t really remember the details at the moment, but he knew that they would be given the details sooner or later. “O-Okay.. um... begin!” (YJ)

As everyone turned the cover page, Daehyun stared at it as he felt his stomach turning. He wanted to throw up, he wanted to run away, he wanted to just escape from all of this. This wasn’t even the test that he was nervous for and already he was like this! Daehyun jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking up, his eyes came into contact with Young Jae’s as the younger male kneeled down in front of him. “Y-You can do it Daehyun... Do it for me..?” (YJ)

Daehyun looked down towards the ground before looking at Young Jae and nodding. Leaning in, Daehyun took a hold of Young Jae’s jawline before stealing a kiss from Young Jae. Once he pulled away, they both smiled before Daehyun looked down at his test and began.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Daehyun...” (YJ) Daehyun kept his eyes shut closed as he leaned forward, hiding his face in the palm of his hands as his elbows rested on his knees. He already heard the disappointment in Young Jae’s voice, but he had tried his best, he really did. Daehyun had managed to answer every single question within the time limit and had even gone over some of his answers, but.. that didn’t seem to be much help. “Daehyun... you scored below fifty..” (YJ)

Daehyun sighed as he shook his head a bit. He really hadn’t thought that he would have scored that poorly, especially when there was a month left until they had to take the real test. As Young Jae passed the tests back out with the grades at the very top, Daehyun simply refused to lift his face from his hands once he felt the test being placed on his lap. The only time he did look up was when he felt a pair of hands pulling his hands away. “Daehyun... I-It’s okay. I’ll help!” (YJ)

Daehyun smiled weakly as he nodded. Moving up a bit, Daehyun wrapped his arms around Young Jae as he rested his chin on Young Jae’s shoulder. “Thanks Young Jae... I appreciate your help..” (DH)

Young Jae smiled as he wrapped his arms around Daehyun, resting his cheek on his shoulder. He was glad to be of help to Daehyun and he wouldn’t really have it any other way. “O-Okay.. I-I have to go make the reviews now..” (YJ)

“Okay..” (DH) As Young Jae went over to where his notebook was, Daehyun sighed before looking down at the test on his lap. He really didn’t understand how he had done so poorly. Oh! Maybe Young Jae had already put how to solve it and what the answers were. Looking up at everyone else, he took a peek at everyone’s grades.

Sadly, it only ended up lowering his self esteem. Myungsoo scored the highest with Yoona following close behind, both in the A range. Sooyoung was next with a B and Himchan was at a D. No, this shouldn’t discourage him at all! If anything, this should make him even more determined to score higher than at least Himchan.

Looking back down, Daehyun turned the cover page as he began looking over what he had gotten wrong. Sadly, Young Jae hadn’t placed the correct answers, so he couldn’t at least try and figure out how that was the answer. As his eyes trailed up towards Young Jae, he could see that the younger male was currently busy writing something down. With a small sigh, Daehyun was about to toss the test off to the side when he felt a body press up on either side of him. “Hey! Need help? Me and Myungsoo can help explain it!” (YA)

“N-” (DH)

“Okay, let’s begin.” (L) Daehyun knew that he wasn’t getting out of this, especially when he felt Myungsoo force his gaze back down to his test. As Yoona turned the page, both Myungsoo and Yoona took turns explaining the questions he got wrong until it showed the correct answer. Daehyun would either nod or shake his head every now and then depending on whether he understood it or not. He had not wanted their help, but now.. it wasn’t looking so bad.

Young Jae looked up from his writing as he smiled, watching the trio working hard to make everything easier. Even Sooyoung had gone up to the three to work with them. “Admiring your fiance’s dedication?” (HC)

Young Jae turned to look at Himchan before looking back over at Daehyun. With a smile, Young Jae nodded as he placed his pencil down. “Mhm... I-I’m glad he’s working hard..” (YJ)

“Do you think he’ll do well? He did worse than me!” (HC)

“I hope so... W-Wait! You need to study too!” (YJ) Young Jae turned to look at Himchan, whom looked at him in return with surprise.

“Eh? I’ll study whenever I want! Don’t boss your hyung around!” (HC) Young Jae wanted to continue scolding Himchan about his poor grade, but he couldn’t. Once age was brought into the conversation, he basically had to respect it. “Ah, don’t be so serious Young Jae. I’ll study with Yongguk. He said he’ll try a new things with me, even a new position, if I can get at least a C on the test.” (YJ)

“Position? W-What kind of position..?” (YJ) To Young Jae, he instantly thought of positions like President, Vice President, etc. However, that wasn’t exactly the kind of position that Himchan had in mind. Leaning in close, he cupped his hands around Young Jae’s ears before whispering. Young Jae nodded once before turning a deep shade of red as his eyes widened. “T-That’s naughty!” (YJ)

“Shh! And anyway, it’s supposed to feel wonderful, especially if Yongguk uses his tongue down there first.” (HC) Young Jae could feel his whole face continue to burn as he looked back down at his notebook. Should he... do the same thing with Daehyun..? No! That wasn’t sanitary at all! So what if Himchan said that it felt good?! Daehyun could get sick if he used his tongue down there! Nope, he refused to do that to Daehyun.

Concentrating back onto his notes, Young Jae began writing once more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Daehyun! I.. I finished making the review for you. I-I really hope it helps..” (YJ) Young Jae turned a bit red as he held out the notebook. Daehyun looked at the notebook before looking up at Young Jae and smiling. Taking the notebook, Daehyun placed it onto his desk before taking a hold of Young Jae’s hands.

“Thanks Young Jae. I really appreciate it.” (DH) Just as Daehyun pulled Young Jae close to steal a kiss, a deep voiced chuckle interrupted their moment. Furrowing his eyebrows, Daehyun turned to look at Yongguk and Sooyoung, whom were both looking back at them. 

“You two need to get a room.” (BY)

“If it bothers you that much, then stop looking.” (DH)

“Oh, it doesn’t bother me. You’re just getting all the girls excited.” (BY) Without turning, Yongguk pointed off to the the right with his thumb. As Daehyun moved to look past Young Jae, Young Jae turned around. Both males had a look of surprise to see a group of girls standing off to the corner. The girls all immediately turned around, giggling as a few began talking amongst themselves.

Turning red yet again, Young Jae was about to turn back around when he felt a pair of hands sliding around his waist. With his eyes widening, he gasped as he felt those hands pull him in, causing himself to fall backwards. Soon enough, he found himself sitting on Daehyun’s lap. “D-Daehyun!” (YJ)

“Let them stare. You wanted me to hold you forever, so... I will.” (DH) Young Jae was turning a deeper shade of red as he looked down towards the ground. He didn’t really know what to do, but it seemed like he didn’t have much of a choice. To Young Jae’s luck though, the doors slid open and the teacher soon came in.

Pausing for a moment, the teacher stared at Daehyun and Young Jae before sighing and continued walking. “Mister Jung. If you are in the mood, please wait until after school to do such things with Mister Yoo.”

Daehyun mumbled as his grip loosened on Young Jae. After a split second of hesitance, Young Jae got off of Daehyun before making his way to his seat. Before he completely forgot, Young Jae leaned forward and tapped Daehyun’s shoulder before whispering. “D-Daehyun. You have a week to finish the review. O-Okay...?” (YJ)

Daehyun remained silent for a moment before sighing and nodding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here he was yet again. This rooftop seemed to be one of the few places that actually gave him comfort. This test was really stressing him out, even if he wasn’t making it obvious. Would he be able to pass the test? He wanted to prove to Young Jae that he was good enough to be his fiance, but he didn’t think he was qualified at this point.

Why was he always thinking negatively? Well.. it was definitely easier than being positive. Yet again, being at the edge of the rooftop was creating temptation in him, but... that wasn’t the path he wanted. It was an escape that he never wanted unless it was the only way out. Even then.. he would continue to live as long as Young Jae was with him.

Daehyun stiffened as he felt arms wrap around his waist and a head rest against his. Looking down at the hands that were a paler white from the cold, he smiled a bit as he placed his hands over the cold ones in an attempt to warm them. “D-Daehyun... what’s on your mind..?” (YJ)

“Can’t we just stand here and forget about the world for a few minutes..?” (DH) Young Jae could hear that Daehyun wasn’t in any sort of good mood. He nodded, wanting to let Daehyun take a small break. Even if it was for only a few minutes, it was worth it.

After all, Young Jae was starting to worry about Daehyun’s mental state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

I am so sorry for taking so long to update >.<..
I had a bit of writer’s block when it came to this fanfic.
I don’t really know why ._.
Buuuut I got something to get it going again >3<..
Soo I do apologize if I made anyone wait for far too long ._.

Comments are loved!
I love talking with everyone >3<...
I also like to see if I am writing these chapters well enough. ]]