fiftysix

I Love You, Just Like This

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it supposed to be this difficult? It shouldn’t be. After all, it was just a simple task of retrieving something and then heading back home. However, it just seemed like life was never that easy. There just always had to be something that stood in that path, creating an unnecessary and difficult journey.

Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed as his eyes scanned the many books that lined the bookshelves. Since Daehyun rarely ever stepped into any sort of bookstore, he hadn’t expected there to be so many books. What was worse was that there were so many cookbooks to choose from that.. he had no idea which one to pick.

So many different books caught his attention in an instant. Caribbean food, French food, Chinese food, too many choices! Which one was simple enough for him to be able to cook in less than an hour? There just didn’t seem to be a time option to choose from. If he had known that there would be so many different kinds of books, he wouldn’t have thought up this plan in the first place! It was amazing that Young Jae could learn so many different recipes and still remember them from the top of his head.

“Daehyun! I think this one would be the best.” (SY) Daehyun looked over at Sooyoung, whom was just now pulling a book out from the shelf. He was so glad that Sooyoung was helping him. If it wasn’t for her, then most likely he would have been standing here just staring at the books for hours on end. That clearly wouldn’t be much of an apology to Young Jae. It was more like he was avoiding the situation instead of taking it head on. “See? These are simple recipes for beginners.” (SY)

“Let me see.” (DH) Sooyoung moved the book a bit closer to Daehyun, whom leaned in to look at the recipes. There were, thankfully, pictures to show the end result. Plus, there were even estimated times for how long each dish would take to prepare and then how long it would take to cook. It seemed... simple enough. “Yea. Let’s get this one then.” (DH)

School had been over for about forty-minutes now. Young Jae had left another note on his desk, saying that he was going to the mall with Myungsoo and Himchan. Daehyun had assumed that Young Jae was avoiding him, but in reality.. Young Jae was trying to find an apology present. For now though, Daehyun had gone to the bookstore with Sooyoung and now that they finished that, they were off to Daehyun’s apartment.

Sooyoung was only tagging along because she didn’t like seeing Daehyun and Young Jae having problems with one another. Plus, since this was Daehyun’s first time cooking, she had to supervise. Sooyoung already knew Jessica’s cooking level and, well... she didn’t exactly want them to accidentally poison Young Jae.

“Woow! Look at this one! It looks really good!” (DH) Sooyoung looked over to see Daehyun looking through the cookbook with excitement. Sooyoung did wonder why Daehyun hadn’t decided to take up cooking sooner. Since he loved food so much, it would have made sense if Daehyun became a chef or something. WOW! This one looks good too!” (DH)

“Yah.. Daehyun. You have to look for recipes that Young Jae would like, not just you.” (SY) Daehyun nodded as he flipped through the pages, folding the top right-hand corner of the ones that he liked the most. Though, now that he thought about it... he didn’t really know what kind of foods Young Jae liked the most. Young Jae usually ate healthy foods that helped the brain, but.. those didn’t really have much of a taste to them.

Though, as Daehyun continued looking through each and every recipe, he couldn’t help but fold the corner of practically every single recipe he saw. They all looked really good! How could anyone resist such delicious looking food?! Sooyoung, practically sensing and well.. watching this occur, took the cookbook out of Daehyun’s hands and closed it up. “Aish... what am I going to do with you?! I’ll pick the food then!” (SY)

“No! It has to come from my heart, not yours!” (DH) Daehyun took the cookbook back before holding it in his arms in a protective manner. After all, it wouldn’t be the same if Sooyoung chose it instead of Daehyun. “Anyway.. you’re just here to supervise, so just stay to the side and watch, alright?” (DH)

Sooyoung sighed as she adjusted her grip on her bag. “Alright, fine. I’ll let you decide everything.” (SY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Um.. D-Do you have something.. bigger..?” (YJ) The clerk thought for a brief moment before nodding. Taking a hold of the item in Young Jae’s hand, the clerk went into the back to go check. Young Jae let out a small sigh as he went back over to his two friends, whom were currently sitting. “I-I don’t know if getting shoes is a good idea..” (YJ)

“Of course it’s a good idea! Yongguk is always happy whenever he gets shoes, so why shouldn’t Daehyun be the same?!” (HC) Himchan chuckled a bit as he examined a nearby pair of sneakers. Young Jae was still certain that Daehyun wouldn’t be all that happy with shoes. Thinking on it now, Daehyun only had about five pairs of shoes. One were slippers that he wore around the house, another were a pair of flip flops, then there was his dress shoes, his fourth pair were his shoes for school and finally he had his normal everyday sneakers.

“Not everyone’s like Yongguk. If they were, you’d be all over everyone.” (L) Myungsoo smirked as Himchan scoffed. Getting up from his seat, Himchan put the lone sneaker back before turning to look at both Myungsoo and Young Jae. Before Himchan could make a big scene out of it, Young Jae quickly intervened as he tried to bring the topic back to what to get Daehyun.

“I-I don’t think I should get Daehyun shoes..” (YJ)

“YAH! Don’t listen to that punk! Shoes are the best way to go!” (HC) Young Jae looked up at Himchan, whom crossed his arms and nodded his head in approval of his statement. Myungsoo only shook his head though as he soon got to his feet as well.

“Come on Young Jae. Let’s leave the shoe fanatic by himself.” (L) Young Jae looked up at Myungsoo and blinked a few times before nodding. Himchan could only stare with his mouth agape as the two began to leave the store. Quickly shaking his head, he ran after the duo.

It wasn’t all that hard to catch up to them. They were walking after all and they only really had a two to three second head start. Still, Himchan didn’t like being left behind by these two. Himchan would have probably punished the two, but Young Jae was too precious and.. well, Myungsoo could technically kill him if he wanted to. “So, if you’re not going to get him shoes, then what do you plan to get him?” (HC)

“Um... H-He likes cheesecake..?” (YJ) Himchan sighed as he rubbed the back of his head. That wasn’t exactly a great way to apologize to someone. Myungsoo, on the other hand, thought that it was the best way to do so. If it was something that Daehyun really loved, then it was best to go with food.

“Let’s just go with that.” (L)

“What?! What kind of apology present is that?!” (HC) Myungsoo glanced over at Himchan before he looked forward.

“If Daehyun really loves cheesecake, then it’s the perfect present. Haven’t you noticed that Daehyun is a er for food?” (L) Himchan grumbled a bit before crossing his arms. Well, maybe it was a good idea after all. It was only a good idea though. It wasn’t a GREAT idea like sneakers were. “Anyway, let’s go get that cheesecake then.” (L)

“O-Okay..!” (YJ) Young Jae smiled, feeling a bit more reassured with Myungsoo’s idea. Young Jae knew that Daehyun would love the cheesecake and since it would be different from the usual cheesecake that Daehyun got at the store, then that means it would taste even better! Or at least.. he assumed it would taste better. He’s never really had cheesecake that was from a restaurant of some sort.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“OPPA! IT’S BURNING!” (SY) Sooyoung attempted to reach forward to save the cooking from total annihilation, but Daehyun blocked her reach. He simply refused to let anyone else take the cooking out of his hands.

“Let me do it!” (DH)

“You’re too slow!” (SY)

“Then I’ll move faster!” (DH) Daehyun pulled out one of the serving bowls and places it nearby. Picking up the wok, Daehyun began to move the fried rice out of the wok and into the bowl. Once that was done, Daehyun sighed as he turned the stove off and grinned a bit. He felt like he had just accomplished the greatest feat ever. “I think it still looks good.” (DH)

“Good?! It’s burnt!” (SY)

“Only in SOME places! It’s still edible!” (DH) Daehyun examined it and although it was, indeed burnt, it wasn’t burnt to the point that it had turned black. It was a nice, colored brown so that meant it would add some nice crunch to it. Although it wasn’t favored by other people, Daehyun actually liked the slightly burnt parts of food. “Anyway, as long as it tastes good then it doesn’t matter if it’s burnt just a little bit.” (DH)

“Then you taste it!” (SY) Daehyun looked over at Sooyoung, raising a single brow. Sooyoung stared back before letting out a small sigh and picking up the nearby chopsticks. She had forgotten that Daehyun had nearly grown up with Jessica’s cooking thus, making him practically like any food that he gets.

Her hand shook a bit as she hovered the chopsticks close to the fried rice. She bit her bottom lip as a worried look soon came onto her face. Would it taste bad? Would it kill her? Sooyoung was certain that she was too young to die, but... it’s not like she had much of a choice. Picking up enough rice to actually be able to taste it, she raised it up and soon slipped the food into .

Instantly, Sooyoung’s eyes widened as hung there a little bit. She soon went back to chewing though as she looked at Daehyun. “Omo..! Oppa! You did well! This tastes really good!” (SY)

“Really?! Let me try!” (DH) Picking up another pair of chopsticks, Daehyun got a good enough amount of rice before quickly tasting it. His own eyes widened as he looked at Sooyoung in surprise. “This really DOES taste good! What did you do?!” (DH)

Me?! I didn’t do anything! You wouldn’t even let me take the food out of the wok when it was burning!” (SY) The two slowly looked back at the food before getting a little bit more. They were just surprised by how good it tasted that they had wanted at least one more bite of the food. “Wow Daehyun! I didn’t think you had it in you!” (SY)

“Yea, but.. now I have to work on the main dish and the side dishes..” (DH) Upon realizing this, both of them sighed. Sooyoung made her way over to the cookbook before flipping through the pages once more.

“It shouldn’t be too hard, right? I mean.. these are supposed to be simple things to cook!” (SY)

“Simple?! That fried rice nearly burned my hand off!” (DH) Daehyun walked over to Sooyoung, standing behind her as he looked at the cookbook. Okay, so he was over exaggerating. When a person splashes small droplets of water into cooking oil to see if it has heated would know better than to stand right next to it when doing so. Daehyun, however, was standing right next to it when he had done it and thus, the cooking oil had sizzled, sending small drops of cooking oil onto his poor hand, arms, clothes, and some of it even made its way onto his face.

“That’s because you’re a pabo! Why would you stand right next to the wok when checking if it’s hot?!” (SY)

“How was I supposed to know?! You didn’t even warn me!” (DH) Sooyoung turned to Daehyun as she scoffed, placing her hand on her hip.

“Eh?! I thought it would be obvious to stand a few feet away! Don’t you ever watch Young Jae or Jessica cook?!” (SY) Yes, Daehyun did watch them cook. However, he never actually paid attention to when they first start out cooking. Usually he walks in when they’re half way done or almost done.

“No, I don’t! Just find something for me to cook already!” (DH) With a sigh, the two went back to looking through the cookbook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“W-Wow..! Look at that one... I-It’s so pretty..” (YJ) Young Jae’s eyes sparkled a little as he looked at the cheesecakes in the display case. However, one specific one, that was in the shape of a heart with all sorts of chocolate and fruits on top of it, really made it stick out. He bit his bottom lip as he smiled, pressing his forehead against the glass case. “I think that.. Daehyun would really like that one..” (YJ)

Myungsoo bent forward a bit to get a closer look at the cake. He smiled a bit as his eyes trailed back towards Young Jae. The younger male always did have a weak spot for really pretty or really cute things. Standing up straight, he looked at the clerk whom was currently waiting behind the desk. “We want that one.” (L)

Young Jae looked up at Myungsoo before looking back down at the cheesecake. His eyes quickly went over to the price tag and in an instant, his eyes widened before looking up at Myungsoo. “I-It’s too expensive!” (YJ)

“So? You said you wanted to get it for Daehyun, so I’ll pay for you.” (L) Young Jae looked back at the cheesecake, that was now being pulled out from the case. Getting to his feet, Young Jae turned his attention to Myungsoo before shaking his head.

“N-No.. I-It’s alright! I mean.. it’s really expensive and I.. I wanna be the one to pay for it.” (YJ) Young Jae pulled his wallet out as he opened it up to check how much money he had. A slight look of disbelief came onto his face before disappointment set in. Young Jae definitely didn’t have enough money for it, but he didn’t want Myungsoo to know that. Looking back up at him, he gave a small and somewhat forced smile on his face. “See..? I-I... I have enough..” (YJ)

“Pabo..” (L) Despite Young Jae’s small amounts of protests, Myungsoo took out his wallet and opened it up. Just as Myungsoo pulled out his debit card, Young Jae stood in front of Myungsoo with his arms raised out to his sides. “Move, Young Jae.” (L)

Young Jae shook his head before furrowing his eyebrows. Myungsoo placed his wallet away before placing his hand on his hip. “Young Jae... move out of the way.” (L)

“N-No..! I don’t want you to pay for it!” (YJ) Myungsoo sighed as he rubbed the back of his head. They were holding up the line, not that there was one at the moment anyway. Still, it was causing a scene and he would rather have this go smoothly rather than there being any problems.

“Alright. If I pay for it, you can pay me back later when you have the money. Is that alright?” (L) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as he tried to think for a moment. Was it a good idea? Would it be best to do that? It might be. If Myungsoo bought the cheesecake now, he at least would ensure that he had that specific cheesecake for Daehyun. He wouldn’t have to worry about someone else buying it while he was gone and he technically would be fine with paying Myungsoo back.

“A-Alright...” (YJ) Lowering his arms, Young Jae side stepped out of the way as he began fumbling with the hem of his shirt. Myungsoo looked at Young Jae and smiled a bit before walking up to the cash register to handle everything. Himchan, whom had been standing there the entire time, made his way over to Young Jae as he nudged him a bit.

“Yah.. Young Jae. Why do you let Myungsoo get away with whatever he wants to do?” (HC) Young Jae looked over at Himchan. Looking back down at the ground, Young Jae shrugged. Himchan let out a small sigh as he folded his arms. “You’re spoiling Myungsoo you know, by letting him do whatever he wants.” (HC)

“I-I am..?” (YJ) Was that considered spoiling..? Young Jae had assumed that giving things to people was considered spoiling, not letting them do whatever they wanted. Then again.. it was practically the same thing now that he thought about it. Still.. he found it hard to argue with Myungsoo when he did come up with good ideas that made sense. “I don’t think I am... H-He’s just being nice..” (YJ)

“Ah.. fine, fine. So, when are you going to give the cheesecake to Daehyun?” (HC) Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows and pouted a bit as he brought his index finger to his chin. He didn’t really know. He wanted to do it today, but Young Jae didn’t know if Daehyun would be home or not by the time he got back. It had to be today though, considering the fact that there are fresh fruits on the cheesecake.

“I.. I’ll give it to him today. It has to be soon.” (YJ) Himchan had hoped for a more.. specific time, but it didn’t matter all that much.

A few more seconds passed before Myungsoo finally joined the two. He smiled a bit, looking down at the box he now held before looking back up at Young Jae. Raising the box, he held it out to Young Jae. “Here. I hope everything goes well.” (L)

“T-Thank you..!” (YJ) Young Jae bowed his head slightly as he took a hold of the box with both hands. Looking down at the box, he smiled happily before looking up at Myungsoo. “I’ll make sure to pay you back soon!” (YJ)

“You don’t have to.” (L) Young Jae instantly furrowed his eyebrows and puffed out his cheeks, causing Myungsoo and Himchan to both laugh. Myungsoo quickly shook his head though as he rubbed the back of his head. “Okay, okay. Pay me back when you’re ready.” (L)

“Now that that’s done with.. where should we go now? I want to get more y underwear for Yongguk to stare at me!” (HC) Young Jae instantly turned red as he looked away while Myungsoo shook his head in a disapproving manner. Himchan furrowed his eyebrows as he placed his hands on his hips, looking from one male to the other. “What?! There’s nothing wrong with wearing y underwear for your boyfriend! It gets him in the mood a lot faster.” (HC)

Young Jae instantly perked up upon hearing those last few words. He looked over at Himchan, but shyly turned away. Should he do that..? It didn’t seem like the best idea in the world, but.. it could be an added bonus to the apology! Looking over at Himchan, he now had a slight look of determination mixed in with his clear embarrassment. “I-I want y underwear too!” (YJ)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

I kind of liked this chapter..
Sure it kept jumping from one group to the next but..
At least it shows that they’re thinking of each other all the way >3<..

I hope everyone is liking this fanfic!
Comments are loved >3<..
I like talking with everyone!
And also seeing if I am doing well with these chapters. x3 ]]