five

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(YA) - Yoona speaking
(Y) - Yuri speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The six of them had to walk only a few blocks, and an outrageously large hill to get to Himchan’s house. Even before they could reach half way up the hill, a few members of the group were basically worn out by this point. After all, who wouldn’t get worn out by such a large hill?
 
“Who lives this high up?!” (SY) Sooyoung was clinging onto both Yoona and Yuri, gasping for air by this point. To Daehyun, it was a bit sad to see Sooyoung like this. No, he didn’t feel any remorse for her nor did he feel even remotely sorry for her. It was sad because Sooyoung is an avid dancer with basically no stamina if she can’t even walk up a hill like this. It made sense for Young Jae to be tired since he didn’t seem to be all that active, but at least he wasn’t complaining about the hill. Still, Daehyun decided to be nice just this one time and not say anything about it.
 
“We’re almost there.” (L) Myungsoo slowed down a bit just so that he was now keeping pace with both Young Jae and Daehyun. He looked over at Daehyun, whom stood on the other side of Young Jae, whom looked back. Myungsoo smirked a bit as he placed an arm around Young Jae’s waist, pulling him in closer a bit. Daehyun glared the second he noticed this, instantly putting an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders and attempting to pull Young Jae away from Myungsoo.
 
“Myungsoo. I know you’re friends with him, but keep your hands off of him.” (DH) Myungsoo chuckled, not letting his hold on Young Jae loosen whatsoever. This only seemed to irritate Daehyun though. He may not understand why, but he knew that it was annoying.
 
“Oh? What about you? You barely even know him.” (L) Young Jae was basically turning a deep shade of red by being held by two different males in two different areas. Skinship was something Myungsoo liked, but Myungsoo hadn’t been this forward with his skinship before. As for Daehyun, he just met him yesterday and already his arms were all over him! Young Jae really had no idea how he should feel about being in a situation like this.
 
“C-C-Can you two.. p-please let go?” (YJ) Daehyun and Myungsoo stared at each other. Daehyun glared while Myungsoo had a smug look on his face before they both, slowly slid their hands off of Young Jae.
 
“What are they doing..?” (YA) The three girls stayed a safe enough distance behind the three males, watching their every move. Yoona and Yuri didn’t understand whatsoever what was going on. From their point of view, it looked like Daehyun and Myungsoo just wanted to give Young Jae a hug and they both happened to do it at the same time. As for Sooyoung, she was basically thinking it was just like a drama, except that the supposed female is a male.
 
“Myungsoo is trying to get Daehyun jealous.” (SY) Yoona and Yuri both looked at Sooyoung with curiosity clear on their faces.
 
“Why would Myungsoo do that?” (Y)
 
“Because Daehyun clearly likes Young Jae! He just doesn’t know it yet.” (SY)
 
“That happens?” (Y) Yuri didn’t quite understand how Daehyun didn’t know that he liked Young Jae, but she has seen it happen in various drama’s. If she was seeing it with her own eyes, then it meant that it really was true!
 
“It makes sense then...! Wow.. Myungsoo must be really nice if he’s trying to get Daehyun and Young Jae together.” (YA) Yoona turned her attention back to the trio ahead of them, her eyes with pure awe at how nice Myungsoo must have really been deep down inside.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Myungsoo rung the doorbell and took a step back so that he didn’t basically block the doorway. After all, it was best that they were all seen so that whomever answered the door knew what to expect. A few seconds had passed before the door finally opened, revealing a rather pale and not really all that happy looking Himchan.
 
“Mm.. what do you want..?” (HC) His voice was low and a bit drowsy, almost as if he had been sleeping before the doorbell had woken him up. Once it finally registered whom was on his doorstep, he held a hand up to keep all of them from talking. “Just.. ugh.. come on.” (HC)
 
Without a second thought, Himchan turned and left the door wide open for everyone as he made his way into the living room and laid down on one of the love seats. Everyone filed into the house with Yuri being the last one in, closing the door behind her. Everyone took their shoes off and made their way into the living room, where they all sat wherever there was space to sit. Since there weren’t enough chairs, some of them had to sit on the ground.
 
“How are you feeling Himchan-sshi?” (YA) Himchan turned to look at the one whom had spoken. Despite the clear worry on her face, no name came whatsoever to the face that he was staring at. Either he had forgotten her name or he didn’t know her, which he was sure it was the second choice.
 
“Do I know you?” (HC)
 
“This is Yoona and that is Yuri. You already know Daehyun and Sooyoung.” (L)
 
“It’s nice to meet you Himchan-sshi.” (YA) Himchan turned his head to face the ceiling as he placed an arm over his eyes. He waved his free arm before letting it rest beside him once more.
 
“Don’t worry.. that just means that.. it’s nice to meet you too.” (YJ) Yoona and Yuri both nodded as they looked back over at Himchan. Myungsoo got up from his seat and sat on the couch where Himchan was laying on, forcing Himchan to move over. Himchan removed his arm as he weakly slapped at Myungsoo’s arm, an irritated moan coming out of his mouth.
 
“Myungsoo..! Yaaah....” (HC) Myungsoo chuckled as he placed a hand on Himchan’s stomach and applied pressure. Himchan began hitting away at Myungsoo’s arm, but he just couldn’t really get him to remove his hand. He finally gave up, putting his arm back over his eyes. “Myungsoo... I’m going to kill you.. later...” (HC)
 
“Ahhh... lighten up Himchan. You’re acting like Daehyun whenever I touch Young Jae.” (L)
 
“WHAT?!” (HC) Himchan instantly sat up in his seat, almost instantly regretting his choice of action as he instantly leaned onto Myungsoo’s shoulder. He slowly grabbed onto Myungsoo’s collar, slowly lifting his head as he attempted to glare at Myungsoo, whom was giving an 'innocent' look. “Y-You... I have to kill you now..” (HC)
 
Before Himchan could do anything, he instantly got up from the couch and fled from the living room. Myungsoo chuckled a bit as he got back up and made his way back to his previous seat, putting an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders as he leaned back in his seat. Daehyun bit his bottom lip as his eyebrows furrowed, pulling at Myungsoo’s hand and throwing it back at him.
 
“Yah. I told you to keep your hands off of him.” (DH) Myungsoo sat up a bit as he leaned forward, both males staring at each other once more. Myungsoo only chuckled though as he placed a firm hand on Young Jae’s thigh, giving it a tight squeeze and pulling out a small gasp from Young Jae.
 
“I can put my hands wherever I want, unless... you’re jealous.” (L) Daehyun scoffed as he placed a hand on Young Jae’s other thigh. Young Jae was definitely feeling quite uncomfortable and he was holding the end of his blazer tightly as he attempted to keep himself calm. Why would he keep himself calm? Well.. he’s never been touched like this before.
 
“Jealous? Tch. I can touch him wherever I want.” (DH)
 
“Oh? I only stated that I could put my hands wherever I want. I didn’t specifically say on him.” (L) Daehyun opened his mouth to say something, but quickly closed it as he tried to piece together what Myungsoo had just said. He instantly turned red, pulling his hand away from Young Jae’s thigh as he crossed his arm. Myungsoo chuckled as he pulled his own hand away from Young Jae, causing Young Jae to sigh in relief. All the while, the three girls were watching, as if a drama on the television was playing right in front of their eyes.
 
“I.. I’m a little hot..” (YJ)
 
“You should take your clo- I-I mean your blazer off.” (DH) Young Jae looked at Daehyun a bit confused before he nodded a bit. He moved forward a bit so that he didn’t end up hitting anyone as he got his blazer off before folding it neatly and placing it on his lap. Young Jae let out a small sigh of relief as he smiled happily as he leaned back into his seat.
 
“Do you think Himchan is okay?” (YJ)
 
“Probably. If you’re so worried, you should check on him.” (L)
 
“N-No, wait! We’ll check on him! Don’t worry about it!” (YA)
 
“H-Huh? But I wanna stay an-” (SY)
 
WE are going! Come on, let’s go! Up on your feet now!” (YA) Yoona pulled both Sooyoung and Yuri up onto their feet and despite their confused protests, she had managed to get the other two out into the hallway and away from view.
 
Once they were hidden behind the corner, Yoona stopped pushing the other two as she quietly peeked from around the corner to see that the three males weren’t looking in their direction anymore. In quiet tones, the three girls spoke amongst each other.
 
“Why are we spying from around the corner?” (Y)
 
“Because we want them to feel open to do whatever they want without having to hold back while we’re there.” (YA)
 
“Yoona! You’re so good at this!” (SY) All three girls peeked around the corner, trying their best to stay hidden while also being able to see. Since they were all different heights, it made it a tad bit easier for them to get a good enough view of the three males.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The cogs and wheels in Myungsoo’s head continued rolling as he kept thinking of other ways to get Daehyun a tad bit more jealous. He had to think of a way to get Daehyun to confess his feelings for Young Jae while also making sure that it didn’t go too far. After all, the last thing he needed was a fight breaking out or Young Jae avoiding him completely. Of course.. making someone else jealous was a lot easier if Young Jae was also participating in the charade.
 
Soon enough, an idea popped up into his head. Myungsoo got to his feet, drawing the attention of both Daehyun and Young Jae. He took a few steps forward before turning and looking at the other two. “Hey. Come over Young Jae. I need you for a moment.” (L)
 
Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed as Young Jae hesitantly nodded and quickly made his way over to Myungsoo. Myungsoo quickly wrapped an arm around Young Jae’s shoulders and pulled him a little further away from Daehyun as he spoke in a quiet voice. “Okay Young Jae. I need.. your cooperation.” (L)
 
“F-For what? And why are you touching me so much all of a sudden?” (YJ) Myungsoo chuckled quietly as he used the hand that was currently around Young Jae’s shoulder to ruffle his hair.
 
“You’ll see soon enough, but will you go along with what I have planned?” (L) Young Jae thought about it for a moment. Myungsoo did usually keep secrets and Young Jae normally did figure out what he has had planned sooner or later. It was probably best just to go along with it since it seemed like Myungsoo was trying hard. Young Jae nodded, causing Myungsoo to smirk.
 
Within a matter of seconds, Young Jae soon found himself clinging onto Myungsoo for dear life as Myungsoo was the only thing keeping Young Jae from falling onto his back. Young Jae stared up into Myungsoo’s eyes, his face turning completely red as he knew full well what kind of position this was. Daehyun instantly jumped to his feet, making his way over to the pair and pulling Young Jae up to his feet and away from Myungsoo.
 
“YAH! STAY AWAY FROM HIM!” (DH) Daehyun glared at Myungsoo, who continued to smirk as they once again had a stare off.
 
“Why should I? Unless... you have feelings for him?” (L)
 
“YE- I-I mean..” (DH) Myungsoo held back his anticipation as he was so very close to getting a yes from Daehyun. Daehyun bit his bottom lip as he thought about it. Did he really have feelings for Young Jae? Was this why he felt so jealous every time he saw Myungsoo do such things to him? No.. That couldn’t be it.
 
“I.. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” (DH) Myungsoo sighed as he walked up to Daehyun and placed a hand on his shoulder. That was definitely not the answer that Myungsoo was hoping for.
 
“W-What..?” (DH) Myungsoo only shook his head in disapproval before heading back over to the couch and sitting down, crossing one leg over the other. Daehyun stared at Myungsoo, still a bit confused. What was Myungsoo planning? Daehyun tried to piece two and two together, but his thoughts were broken when he felt a slight tug on his sleeve. When he turned around, his eyes noticed how a little sad Young Jae looked.
 
“Should we.. sit down too?” (YJ) Daehyun thought for a moment before nodding. Just as they turned and were about to take their seats, a certain loud someone made their presence known.
 
“YAH! KISS ALREADY!” (SY)
 
“SHHH!! They’ll hear you..” (YA)
 
“I really wanted to see them kiss!” (Y)
 
“YAH! COME OUT OF THERE ALREADY!” (DH) Caught red headed, the three girls and even Himchan came out from behind their hiding spot. All of them had also seemed to have disappointment on their faces as they all sat down wherever they could sit while Daehyun led Young Jae back to the couch, crossing his arms and looking away from everyone else.
 
“Are you really going to be like this Daehyun?” (Y)
 
“Daehyun! I can’t believe you’re acting like this!” (SY)
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” (DH) Daehyun was being difficult, but could he help it? He didn’t know his own feelings and yet, it seemed like everyone was forcing him into something that he was pretty sure he had no interest in. Sure.. he has been feeling overprotective over Young Jae, but could he help it? Myungsoo was being all touchy touchy with Young Jae! It was like seeing a ert hitting on a cut- Nope. Daehyun instantly pushed that thought away as he kept his gaze away from everyone else.
 
“Leave them alone for now.” (L) Myungsoo already had a plan formulating in his plan since the Daehyun was being extremely persistent at the moment. He just basically had to play cupid for the time being and cupid as in, he was going to have to somehow step up his game.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
After some time had passed, the group had finally departed Himchan’s house. Well, they did also have to leave Himchan behind. He was feeling too ill to leave the house due to food poisoning. Apparently, something had not been prepared correctly from the lunch he bought at a restaurant and that was exactly why he could not go out.
 
“How about that place?” (YA)
 
“T-That’s a good place to go to.” (YJ)
 
“Then let’s go!” (Y) It was a small restaurant near Himchan’s house. It was currently on the very hill that the group had to pass through and since the ocean could be seen from the hill, it gave a really nice view if they had decided to eat outside.
 
Entering the restaurant, they were greeted and sat at a large table for the six of them. While everyone was looking at the menu, Daehyun couldn’t help but keep glancing over at Young Jae. He didn’t know why, but he felt like he had to. Sure, he had thought that people were cute here and there, but he’s definitely never felt something like this before.. especially for a male. Daehyun bit his bottom lip as he tried to keep his focus on the menu, but it just seemed too difficult for him for some reason.
 
“Are you okay Daehyun?” (YA)
 
“Yea.. you look like you’re in pain.” (Y)
 
“H-Huh? O-Oh, no I’m fine! AHAHAHA! See? Fit as a whistle! Just keep looking through your menu’s!” (DH)
 
“But we’re waiting on you to order.” (YA) Daehyun looked up to see the waitress standing there, waiting specifically on him to order something. Daehyun instantly glanced down at the menu, trying to decide. What was good? Well.. everything looked good! He wasn’t picky. After all, he has had to live with his older sister’s cooking for the longest time. Anything at a restaurant was better than her cooking.. most of the time. Though, his thoughts seemed to wander once again to a delectable male that sat across the table from him,which seemed to have cause him little to no good. Wait, did he just call Young Jae delectable?
 
“Uh.. I’ll have Young Ja-.. I-I-I mean I’ll uh.. this one!” (DH) Daehyun pointed at a random dish, holding the menu out for the waitress to see and write down. Everyone else was quietly laughing, trying to hold in their laughter in an attempt to save Daehyun the embarrassment. All this time, Daehyun was silently cursing at himself for screwing up. Once the menu’s were collected and the waitress was gone, Daehyun could basically feel everyone’s eyes on him. When he looked up, the first thing he could see was a blushing Young Jae, whom was fiddling with the table cloth.
 
“He’s not on the menu Daehyun.” (L) Daehyun looked over at Myungsoo, whom was smirking and leaning back in his chair. “I know, I know. He just looks so tasty, but he’s not one of the choices for today. Save that for when you two are.. alone.” (L)
 
“S-Shut up!” (DH) Daehyun continued silently cursing, but this time at Myungsoo. He was just as bad as Yongguk when it came to teasing! It was enough with just one person teasing him, but he didn’t need two! Suddenly, Sooyoung gasped and jumped out of her seat before running over and hugging someone. Daehyun turned to see Yongguk, whom was now waving at the group.
 
“Hey.” (BY)
 
“Where have you been?” (DH) Sooyoung sat back in her seat as the group made room for Yongguk, whom now pulled up a chair. He looked at everyone, remembering faces but not exactly names, before turning his attention back to Daehyun.
 
“Ah.. I had to see someone about clothes.” (BY)
 
“You missed school because of clothes?” (DH) It seemed illogical, irrational, and at the same time.. he would have done the same really. School wasn’t exactly a place where people WANTED to frequent, although.. it was much preferable over having a job any day. Well, it did depend on the job after all.
 
“Yea. It’s for the dance competition.” (BY)
 
“Oh.. gosh.. Don’t tell me that we hav-” (SY)
 
“Matching outfits.” (BY) Sooyoung instantly hit the table with her head before her bony hand took a hold of Yongguk’s sleeve and attempted to crush it in her grasp.
 
“I will kill you.” (SY)
 
“Don’t worry. They don’t look bad. I picked the designs after all. They’re not entirely alike either.” (BY) This seemed to calm Sooyoung down a bit as she slowly let go of Yongguk and pulled herself back up into a sitting position.
 
“So, when can we see them?” (YA)
 
“Later. I have to get everyone’s sizes first before we get them.” (BY) Soon enough, a waitress made her way over to the table once again, delivering everyone’s drinks and getting Yongguk’s order before running off once more. While everyone was talking amongst themselves, Young Jae sat quietly in his seat, looking up every now and then at Daehyun. Every time he did so though, he smiled like a fool and looked back down at the table cloth that he was still playing with. He couldn’t help it. He was sure now that he liked Daehyun, he just had to do was figure out how to find out Daehyun’s true feelings about him.
 
“Hey, Young Jae.” (L) Young Jae looked over to his left, where Myungsoo was currently seated. Myungsoo smiled a bit before looking back out at everyone else. “Don’t worry about it. I’ve got everything under control.” (L)
 
Young Jae didn’t necessarily know what Myungsoo meant by that, but he decided to just trust Myungsoo once more. Sure, he still didn’t know what Myungsoo had planned before, but he wanted to see if Myungsoo’s plans would work.
 
“So Yongguk, how did you know we were here?” (DH)
 
“Hm?” (BY) Yongguk turned his attention to Daehyun as he attempted to figure out what he just said. With the girls constant chatter, it was a bit hard to hear what everyone else was saying. “Oh.. uh, Sooyoung texted me.” (BY)
 
“How did you find the place so fast?” (DH) Sooyoung didn’t even know the address until after we got to Himchan’s house and even then, we had picked a random restaurant to go into. There wasn’t any way that Yongguk could have found the restaurant that fast.
 
“Well, I know the area so I already knew which restaurant it was after Sooyoung sent me another text.” (BY)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Soon enough, the food finally arrived at the table. As everyone began eating their food, Daehyun couldn’t help but have a bad feeling about the food he ordered. Sure, he had ordered randomly and the food inside of it looked really good, but at the same time..
 
“Daehyun.. I think you ordered the most expensive thing on the menu.” (BY)
 
“W-What?! I don’t have money to pay for this!” (DH)
 
“But you spend so much money during lunch!” (SY)
 
“So?! School lunch is different compared to this!” (DH) Daehyun brought a swift palm up to his forehead as he began mentally cursing himself. He moved the food forward as he brought his forehead down onto the table, hitting the back of his head with his fist. Just as he was going to go for his fifth hit, he stopped when he felt a hand slowly encase over his.
 
Lifting his head, he looked up to see that Young Jae had gotten up to reach over the table. Young Jae turned a bit red as he sat back down, fiddling with the table cloth once more. “Um.. I.. I can.. help pay for it.. if you want..” (YJ)
 
Daehyun’s eyes widened as a smile played across his face. “R-Really?! You’ll do that?! Thanks!” (DH)
 
Before Daehyun could even dig into his food, Sooyoung slapped at Daehyun’s hand, causing him to stare a bit angrily at her. “YAH! What are you doing?!” (SY)
 
“I’m going to eat! Why?!” (DH)
 
“You accepted his offer so quickly! You’re supposed to deny him and say that it’s alright!” (SY)
 
“Why would I do that?! He’s the one who offered!” (DH)
 
“N-No, it’s alright. I really don’t mind helping him pay for his food.” (YJ) Sooyoung pouted a bit as she gave one last glare at Daehyun before she went back to her food. Daehyun smiled at Young Jae once more before he began eating as well. Young Jae turned red as he looked back down at the table cloth, a smile showing how obviously happy he was. He was just happy that he could have gotten such a response from Daehyun.
 
“Young Jae.. you’re making it a little obvious.” (L) Young Jae looked up at Myungsoo, whom seemed more focused on his food. Though.. Young Jae did know what he was talking about and turned a bit red as he began eating as well.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Soon enough, the food was devoured and paid for and the group was standing outside, attempting to figure out where to go to next. They had a few more hours left before it was nighttime and since they were in a group, most of them had decided that they wanted to do something together. A few others though..
 
“Okay, I have to head home now.” (YA)
 
“Oh, me too! I forgot I have to watch over my little brother today!” (Y) Once the duo said their goodbyes, they both headed off first. Sooyoung sighed, feeling a bit awkward with being the only female in the group once more. Did that ever stop her though? Nope! She was surrounded by four really cute guys after all, with.. two of them being gay, one being a skirt chaser, and the other.. well, she knew almost nothing about him.
 
“Well, what do you all want to do now?” (DH)
 
“I.. uh.. C-Can we all go to my house..?” (YJ)
 
“Sure! Lead the way.” (DH)
 
“You sound a little too excited Daehyun..” (L) Daehyun glared at Myungsoo once more as he smirked, placing his arm around Young Jae’s waist and pulling him along. Daehyun instinctively pulled Myungsoo’s arm off of Young Jae before pulling Young Jae away and placing his own arm around Young Jae’s shoulders. Myungsoo only chuckled as he followed after the pair, leaving Sooyoung and Yongguk to follow behind.
 
“What’s with them?” (BY)
 
“Oh, nothing. It’s just love~! Something you’ll never understand..” (SY)
 
“What’s that supposed to mean?” (BY)
 
“Nothing! Nothing at all.” (SY) Sooyoung giggled a bit as she quickened her pace to catch up to Myungsoo. “Oppa~” (SY)
 
“Aish. What did I say about you doing.. whatever that is?” (L)
 
“I AM CUTE! JUST ACCEPT IT ALREADY! YAH! OPPA!” (SY) Myungsoo quickened his pace the second Sooyoung began yelling. He slowed down as he matched Young Jae’s pace. Daehyun understood Myungsoo’s pain, but at the same time.. he slowly wanted him to suffer under Sooyoung wrath. Well, he couldn’t do anything about it for the time being. Just as long as Myungsoo’s hands or anything else of his was off and away from Young Jae’s person, then Daehyun would be happy.
 
Sooyoung crossed her arms as Yongguk caught up with her again. He chuckled a bit, causing Sooyoung to glare at him. “Yah. Why are you laughing?” (SY)
 
“I assume that you tried to win him over with aegyo.” (BY)
 
“I AM CUTE!” (SY)
 
“Okay, okay. You’re cute. Fine, whatever.” (BY) Sooyoung definitely wasn’t happy with that kind of answer, but she decided to stay quiet about it for now. One way or another, she will prove her cuteness to the world!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Hopefully everyone is enjoying the fanfic >3<..
Myungsoo was sooo close to getting Daehyun to reveal his true feelings buut..
Daehyun is just being persistent.. xD
Sooner or later, Daehyun will have to figure it out on his own >3<.. ]]