The New Girl

Love In The Ice

“President Nana, there’s a new student transferring to our school today,” Raina said as she entered the Student Council room.

“Is there? What’s her name?” Nana asked as she was organizing her folders.

“Park Lizzy, she’s transferred from a public school in Busan,” Raina replied.

Nana nodded her head and continued to organize her folders before the school day officially began. It was 7:30 a.m. and as president of her school she had many responsibilities. Oh Raina was her secretary. She helped Nana organize her folders, schedules, meetings as well as other things. Hansung High School was a private school except the students lived there. Nana was the only student in the school that had her own room and didn’t have to share with anyone. Since she had such a prominent role within the school, she was allowed to have her own room. Raina passed Nana her schedule for today. Nana looked it over.

“I don’t have much to do today,” she muttered as she read it over.

“Today’s a slow day, there’s not much for you to do. You’ll have extra time to yourself at the end of the day,” Raina said as she got up. “We should head to class.”

Nana nodded and grabbed her bag as she got up. Raina locked the Student Council room and they walked toward their first class. As they were walking down the hallway, everyone stopped what they were doing and automatically bowed when Nana walked passed them.

“Good morning President Nana,” most of the girls would say.

 Nana would smile at them and say, “Good morning.”

“Did you notify the Welcoming Committee that a new student has arrived?” Nana asked as they were approaching their classroom.

“Yes I did, she should be with them right now,” Raina answered.

They walked into the classroom and the girls that were already there all got up and bowed. Raina and Nana reached their seats and sat down. Each time one of the students would walk in they would bow in Nana’s direction. She was very used to this kind of thing. It didn’t feel weird to her at all. Soon the teacher walked in, Miss Kim Jungah, she was a very sweet and motherly teacher, and all the students loved her.

“Good morning Miss. Kim,” the class chorused as they bowed.

“Good morning everyone,” Miss. Kim replied with a gorgeous smile.

She told everyone the lesson plan for the day and everyone took out their books and listened to their teacher as she taught the lesson.

“Alright class, you have some free time to yourselves for the remaining 10 minutes of class,” she said as she ended her lesson.

Most of the students ended up talking to their friends for the remainder of the class. The bell went signaling for the next class to begin and the students all bowed towards Nana and Miss. Kim as they left the room. Raina and Nana were the last students to leave and they bowed to Miss. Kim before they left. They got to their next class which was taught by Miss Lee Juyeon. She was a very easygoing and laidback teacher. She was very pretty as well. The students liked her for her humor. Once again, the same routine as the last class happened. Finally after a long morning, lunch began.

Raina and Nana walked toward the cafeteria. They went to the back of the cafeteria where there was a special table for those that were part of the Student Council. This also included Noh E-young, who was the representative for the third year students as well as Lee Kaeun who was also a representative for the second year students. There was the treasurer, Seohyun, who was in charge of the expenses of the school’s fundraisers and other activities. Once a new student would join Hansung High School they were to greet the president during lunch. Park Lizzy was walking behind the Welcome Committee as they were approaching the Student Council’s lunch table.

“Hello,” they all greeted.

“This is the new transfer student from Busan, Park Lizzy. She is a third year student,” Yoona, the head of the Welcome Committee said.

“Hello I’m Park Lizzy. It’s nice to meet all of you. Please take care of me,” Lizzy bowed.

“I’m Lee Kaeun the representative for second year students,” Kaeun introduced herself.

“Hello, I’m Noh E-young, the representative for the third year students,” E-young smiled.

“Hello Lizzy, I’m Seohyun, the treasurer of the school,” Seohyun said.

“Hello, Park Lizzy, I’m Oh Raina, the secretary of the Student Council,” Raina said.

“Welcome to Hansung High School Park Lizzy. I’m Im Nana, Student Council’s president. I hope you’ve had a good time at our school so far and your classes have been fine. If you have any troubles you can discuss it with Noh E-young since she is the representative for your grade,” Nana said flashing a kind smile in Lizzy’s direction.

Lizzy nodded her head and they all bowed before they left.

“Lizzy’s very cute,” E-young said.

“Yes she is,” Kaeun agreed.

“Don’t you guys think she’s cute?” E-young asked.

Seohyun and Raina nodded in agreement. E-young was about to ask Nana when she saw Raina make a signal with her hands not to ask her. If Nana didn’t answer to questions when first asked you were not to ask them again. They ate the rest of their lunch silently with occasional conversations between Kaeun and E-young. The bell for the next class rang and everyone said their goodbyes and separated. Raina was in all of Nana’s classes since they were both fourth year students. Their next class was taught by Miss Kim Uee, who was stricter but she was still kind, she just instilled discipline. There were many rumors that were started by students about the teachers. One rumor was that Miss Lee Juyeon was in love with Miss Kim Uee. Another rumor was that the headmaster of the school Park Kahi and Miss Kim Jungah were in a relationship. The only teacher that students didn’t spread rumors on was Miss Kim Bekah.

After Nana and Raina’s class with Miss Kim Bekah, the day was over. They had 4 classes in one day and lunch in between. Everyone attended their extracurricular activities or went back to their dorm rooms to finish up their homework and relax.

Nana walked to the Student Council room and unlocked the door. She the lights and sat on the seat. She looked around and sighed. Back to work, she thought. Raina, Seohyun, E-young and Kaeun entered after a bit.

“President Nana, the headmaster wants to see you,” Raina said as she sat down.

“She does? Why?” Nana asked her.

“I don’t know. I was walking down the hall and Miss. Kim told me that,” she shrugged.

Nana got up from her seat and walked toward the headmaster’s office. As she was walking down the hall she felt someone bump into her and she fell onto the ground. She looked up to see the girl who bumped into her on the ground as well, her books and papers were all over the ground. She got up and straightened out her uniform. New student Park Lizzy, she noted. Lizzy got up and quickly bowed and apologized. Nana helped her pick up her belongings even though Lizzy kept protesting and telling her that she could do it herself.

“You should watch where you’re going next time. Also, put your books and papers in your bag next time so that this doesn’t happen,” Nana said.

“I’m very sorry for bumping into you President. Are you okay?” Lizzy asked still worried.

“It’s fine this stuff happens. I’m fine. Well I have to get along. Be careful while walking,” Nana said and left.

Lizzy listened to Nana’s advice and put her books and papers in her bag before walking down the hallway. Wow, President Nana is very pretty, no wonder she’s called The Goddess, Lizzy thought.

Nana walked into the headmaster’s office. She walked up to the secretary’s desk.

“Hi, I heard that the headmaster wanted to see me?” Nana asked.

“Oh yes, please take a seat. She’ll be right with you,” the secretary replied.

I wonder what the headmaster wants, she never calls me down here unless it’s very important, Nana thought. The secretary came out of Park Kahi’s office.

“You can come in now,” she said.