Good Morning

Love In The Ice

Nana rubbed her eyes as she awakened. She looked down and saw a beautiful brunette with her head on her chest sleeping soundly. Her left arm was wrapped around her petite body and her right hand was holding the other girl’s hand. She smiled. She still couldn’t believe any of this was actually happening. Lizzy opened her eyes slowly. She saw her hand intertwined with Nana’s and felt Nana’s chest heave gently as she realized her head was resting there. She lifted her head and saw that Nana was awake and staring at her. They both smiled shyly.

“Good morning,” Nana said, her voice soft but husky all at once. It made Lizzy’s head spin.

“Good morning,” she replied. Their hands separated and Lizzy inched closer to Nana’s face. Nana’s arms were wrapped around Lizzy’s body. Lizzy removed a stray hair from Nana’s forehead. Their eyes were locked onto each other; neither of them averted their gaze. They were both drinking in as much as they could of each other as if this was all a dream that could disappear at any given moment.

“We should probably head down to eat breakfast,” Nana mentioned quietly.

“I just want to lay here with you,” Lizzy said.

Nana’s hands moved up to caress Lizzy’s face.

“So do I. But we need to eat to survive,” she reminded her.

“Yeah I guess,” Lizzy sighed.

Nana laughed. God, did Lizzy miss that beautiful sound. She sat up on the bed and Nana followed.

“Whose president of Student Council?” Nana suddenly asked.

“Krystal Jung,” Lizzy replied.

“You didn’t want to be president?”

Lizzy shrugged. “I ran because of you, but I wanted to give someone else a chance so I dropped out of the race last minute.”

“Krystal would make a good president,” Nana stated.

Lizzy nodded in agreement.

“I didn’t get a chance to say this last night, but, thank you,” Nana said.

Lizzy looked at her confused. “For what?”

“For convincing the headmaster to let me stay. It means a lot.” She smiled. Lizzy saw tears forming in Nana’s eyes.

“You don’t have to thank me for that,” she replied softly.

“Yes I do. When I left, I felt as though my life was over. I mean I had just met you and we changed Student Council, and things were going so well but then, all that stuff happened with you and those girls and the headmaster and I felt as if I were drowning. Now it feels like I could finally breathe again, like I’ve resurfaced and made it to the shore.”

Lizzy reached over and held Nana’s hand in hers.

“You were the first person to believe in me, to befriend me. So when all that happened, when you disappeared from my life I felt lost for the first time in my life. I’ve never felt lost before until that moment. So when you say I don’t have to thank you for convincing the headmaster for letting me stay, you’re wrong because I do have to thank you for that. For getting me out of that dark place I was in, for giving me another chance.”

“Well then let me also say thank you,” Lizzy said.

“What are you thanking me for?” Nana asked surprised.

“Thank you for being a good roommate and friend. Thank you for making me secretary and toughening me up a bit. Granted you were difficult at times, but I wouldn’t change any of it. Thank you for coming to the dance last night. Seeing you after all that time felt like a gift,” she explained.

Nana moved closer to Lizzy until their faces were inches apart. Nana’s eyes drifted from Lizzy’s eyes to her lips and back to her eyes again. Lizzy’s breath caught in at how beautiful the girl before her was. Calling her the Goddess was an understatement, Lizzy thought. Nana pressed her forehead against Lizzy’s and closed her eyes. Lizzy’s hand was caressing Nana’s luscious, blonde hair. Nana opened her eyes and stared at Lizzy’s lips again. Lizzy also stared at Nana’s lips as she remembered how they felt upon hers last night and how wonderful it had felt. Lizzy’s eyes slowly began to close as Nana’s lips touched hers. Slowly and gently, they kissed, a passionate kiss, one that you could only dream about in your wildest fantasies. They let go after a while, both of them breathless. They stared at each other. Nana smirked. Lizzy felt her pulse race at Nana’s expression and Nana also felt Lizzy’s pulse race that made her smirk even more.

“We should probably get dressed and eat breakfast,” she said nonchalantly as she Lizzy’s arm with her hand.

“Yeah,” Lizzy agreed feeling drunk from all the sensations she was feeling at the moment.

~

“Is it true?!” E-young exclaimed as she slammed her tray on the table.

“Is what true?” Seohyun asked confused.

“You haven’t heard?” E-young asked.

“Heard what?” she asked again.

“Nana’s back at Hansung High for good!” E-young said happily.

Seohyun’s eyes widened. “Really? How? When? Where is she?”

“Apparently Lizzy convinced the headmaster into letting her stay last night,” E-young explained.

The cafeteria was loud, as per usual, but the noise wasn’t of students chattering about random topics but it was of excitement, excitement that the Goddess of Hansung High was here to stay. The students were all waiting impatiently as they were looking forward to seeing even a glimpse of the Goddess.

“Where is she right now?” Seohyun asked again.

“Probably in her room with Lizzy,” E-young said.

Raina, Kaeun, and Krystal were all walking to the Student Council table.

“Did you guys hear?” Kaeun asked as soon as they were all seated.

“Nana’s back!” E-young said excitedly.

“The Goddess is back?” Krystal asked.

“Yes President,” Kaeun replied.

Suddenly the cafeteria grew silent. The ladies of Student Council all turned around to see two girls walk in to the cafeteria. One was the secretary of Student Council while the other was the former president. The students in the cafeteria all stared at their former president in awe. They couldn’t believe their eyes the Goddess was actually back. Nana and Lizzy noticed the silence and all the people staring at them. Lizzy felt really awkward, but Nana loved a crowd. She smiled sweetly and waved. The student’s silence broke as they all began to fangirl. Raina rolled her eyes.

“All she did was wave,” she muttered.

“Miss Im, we’ve missed you,” the lunch ladies said as they gave Nana and Lizzy their trays.

“I missed you too,” Nana replied.

As they made their way to the Student Council table Nana received many gifts and letters from the students.

“We’ve missed you so much,” a student said.

“The school is bright again thanks to the return of the Goddess,” another student shouted.

“Please accept this rose,” a girl said as she placed the rose on Nana’s lunch tray.

They finally made it to the Student Council table.

“Welcome back Goddess,” Krystal said.

“Thank you Krystal, congratulations on becoming president,” Nana said.

“Thank you.”

Kaeun and E-young both got up and hugged Nana tightly.

“Unnie we’re so glad you’re back,” Kaeun said.

Nana smiled at them. “I’m glad to be back.”