Expelled

Love In The Ice

With trembling fingers Nana placed her resignation letter for Student Council on Kahi’s desk. Kahi slightly lifted her head from her papers. She picked up the letter and leaned back in her chair. She quickly read it, put it back on her desk and resumed working. Nana bowed and left the office.

There were no classes since it was Saturday but students were out and about inside and outside of the school. Nana saw students whispering as she walked past them. They didn’t bow. They whispered about her in her presence. She was dumbfounded. She’d never experienced that before. Suddenly, she was ambushed from behind. She turned around and saw E-young and Kaeun.

“Is it true?” E-young asked.

“You aren’t president anymore?” Kaeun asked.

Nana was speechless. She felt like she had let them down.

“I’m sorry.” That was all she could say.

Kaeun and E-young’s eyes widened as they saw how vulnerable the former president of Hansung High looked before them.

Kaeun reached out and hugged Nana tightly. Nana inhaled sharply as she tried not to cry in her embrace. Kaeun let go and looked at her somberly.

“It’s going to be okay,” she said.

“Could Kim Hyorin and Park Jiyeon please report to the headmaster’s office? Kim Hyorin and Park Jiyeon please report to the headmaster’s office,” the secretary announced twice on the P.A. system.

The students leaned against the walls as they saw the two girls walking down the hall. There was some swearing and name-calling. Everyone was whispering. Nana stopped them in their tracks. They slowly looked up at her.

“You better tell the headmaster exactly what happened. Do you understand?” she demanded.

“Y-Yes,” they stammered and nodded.

Nana stepped out of their way and the girls continued to walk to the office.

They walked into the office and the secretary told them to go into Kahi’s office.

Hyorin opened the door.

“Come inside,” Kahi’s voice boomed.

Hyorin and Jiyeon nervously stood inside the headmaster’s office. They quickly bowed.

“Sit,” Kahi ordered.

They sat on the chairs across from Kahi’s desk.

“Now why don’t you tell me the truth? What happened to Park Lizzy?” she asked.

“W-We took her t-to the school basement,” Hyorin stuttered.

“We were trying to save her,” Jiyeon quickly added.

Hyorin turned to face Jiyeon and mouthed ‘what are you talking about’. Jiyeon gave her a reassuring look and continued, “Nana beat Lizzy in her dorm room. Lizzy did something that Nana didn’t like and she beat her.”

Kahi raised a brow. She looked at Hyorin.

“Do you agree with what she’s saying?”

“Yes,” Hyorin lied.

Kahi leaned back in her chair.

“It’s funny,” she mused, “Lizzy and Nana told me something completely different. Why would Lizzy lie?”

“Nana probably blackmailed her,” Jiyeon stated.

“So why did you take Lizzy to the basement instead of informing me about what was going on?” Kahi asked.

“Um we didn’t want to trouble you,” Hyorin replied.

“I also heard the same story that Nana and Lizzy told me from Seohyun, Raina, Kaeun and E-young. Does that mean they’re lying too?”

“They’ve all been blackmailed,” Jiyeon said.

“Right. Do you girls want to know something?” Kahi asked as she got up from her chair. She walked around her desk and stood in front of the girls.

“W-What is it?” Jiyeon asked.

Kahi leaned in close and looked them both in the eyes. “I hate liars.”

The two girls didn’t know what to say. They were frozen.

Kahi sat on her desk. “Kim Hyorin, Park Jiyeon,” she said, “you two are officially expelled from Hansung High School.”

“What?” the two girls cried.

“I have already informed your parents. You are leaving tonight. Go pack your things,” she explained.

Jiyeon and Hyorin sobbed. They stood up, bowed, exited Kahi’s office and went to their room.