The Roommate

Love In The Ice

“You can come in now,” the secretary said and ushered Nana into the headmaster’s office.

Nana walked into the headmaster’s office. She bowed and Kahi signaled her to sit in the seat across from her desk.

“You asked to see me, headmaster?” Nana asked.

“Yes. Don’t worry it’s nothing serious Nana, so you can relax,” Kahi said and smiled.

Nana nodded her head and gently smiled back.

“My niece has just transferred to this school today. I’m sure you know her, Park Lizzy,” she said waiting for a response.

“Oh yes, we met her today,” Nana replied.

“I hope you can take care of her well. It was by my recommendation that she transferred here. I promised her a wonderful experience so please see to it that it happens. Also, keep it to yourself that you know she’s my niece. Nobody else knows except for you. Understand?”

“Yes headmaster. Is there anything else?” she asked.

“Ah yes, there’s one more thing,” she said and turned her full attention towards Nana.

“What is it?” Nana asked fidgeting with the hem of her skirt.

“I hope you don’t mind but Lizzy will be your new roommate now. There is simply no more room in the other dorms and we can’t put three girls in one room, it would become too crowded. Since Lizzy is the last transfer student for this year, she will have to room with you. I hope you don’t mind,” Kahi said.

“It’s fine,” Nana replied forcing a smile.

“Good, well that will be all then. You’re free to go,” Kahi said.

Nana stood up from her seat and bowed to the headmaster before she exited her office. She couldn’t believe she had to share her room especially with a third year transfer student. Nana was always used to having her own privacy. She walked down the hallway and headed towards the Student Council room.

“President Nana,” Raina said as Nana entered the room.

“What did the headmaster want?” Seohyun asked.

“Nothing really, she just informed me that Park Lizzy will have to room with me since there is no more room left in the other dorms for this year,” Nana said nonchalantly as she sat down.

All of the girls looked at her shocked.

“What?” Nana asked.

“She’s actually making you have a roommate?!” Kaeun exclaimed.

“But you’re Student Council President, you have to have your own room,” E-young said.

“Are you okay with having a roommate?” Seohyun asked worried.

“What if she annoys you? And she’s a third year student, you’re only allowed to have a fourth year roommate,” Raina informed.

“I’m glad that you are all concerned but it’s nothing to be worried about. If the headmaster wants me to have a roommate than I must agree to it. It’s fine with me,” Nana said. She gently smiled to show them that she wasn’t fazed by the situation.

They continued on with their work. Once the clock hit 6 p.m. everyone left the Student Council room and went on with the rest of their lives. Nana walked to her room, she was actually a bit nervous. She didn’t know what Lizzy was like. Was she messy? Was she loud? Was she quiet? Was she rude? Was she clean? So many questions ran through Nana’s head as she unlocked her door. She looked in her room and right across from Nana’s bed was Lizzy sitting on a chair unpacking her belongings. She turned around and quickly stood up and bowed once she saw Nana come inside.

“H-hello,” Lizzy quickly said.

“Hello, so we’re roommates now I see. Well make yourself comfortable, since this is your room as well,” Nana said as she sat down on the edge of her bed.

“Yes President,” Lizzy nodded her head and bowed.

Nana smirked at how nervous Lizzy seemed but she quite enjoyed it. She found it to be amusing.

Lizzy continued to unpack her suitcase and placed her clothes neatly into her closet.  So she is neat, Nana thought to herself.

“When will they send another bed?” Nana asked her. There was only one bed in their room and Nana really didn’t want to share one.

“I don’t know. My au-I meant the headmaster said she will order one today and it should come in sometime this week,” Lizzy replied.

“So does that mean we have to share a bed?” Nana asked dreading the response that was soon to follow.

“I guess so,” Lizzy said quietly.

Nana stood up. “I’ll be right back,” she said to Lizzy and left the room.

She headed down to the headmaster’s office. This time the secretary wasn’t there so Nana knocked on the office door.

“Yes?” called a voice from within.

Nana opened the door and let herself in.

“Oh, Im Nana-ssi,” Kahi said glancing up from her papers, “What brings you back?”

“I have a question to ask,” Nana said seriously.

“What is it?” Kahi asked signaling for her to sit down.

“How long is it going to take for the bed to come in?” she asked.

“A week at minimum,” Kahi replied.

“Then where is Lizzy going to sleep?” Nana asked.

“Well, do you mind if she shares a bed with you?” she asked.

“I do kind of mind,” Nana quietly answered.

“Then I’ll get the caretaker to send a mattress and some sheets to your room tonight. She can sleep on that,” Kahi said returning back to her papers.

“Thank you headmaster,” Nana said. She stood up and bowed then exited her office.

Nana entered her room once more.

“I talked to the headmaster, she said the caretaker will bring a mattress and sheets for you to sleep on,” she said and plopped down on her bed.

“Oh, thank you President Nana,” Lizzy said and bowed.

“I’m going to go take a shower,” Nana said grabbing her pajamas and her towel before walking to the bathroom.

While Nana was in the shower the caretaker came and dropped off the mattress and the sheets for Lizzy. Lizzy set up her sleeping area nicely and finished unpacking her stuff. Nana soon came out of the bathroom with her pajamas on and her hair dripping wet.

“They brought the mattress,” Nana said to herself.

Lizzy got up from her chair and grabbed her towel and her pajamas. She was about to enter the bathroom when Nana stopped her.

“I’m the only one with a bathroom in my room; everyone else has to use the dorm bathroom on the first floor. That includes you,” she said coldly.

“Y-yes. Of course, I’m sorry,” Lizzy apologized. She bowed and walked down to the dorm bathroom. It was two floors down from their room and she had to take the stairs. Lizzy sighed as she entered the stairwell and walked down to the first floor. She entered the bathroom. There was about 5 long rows of showers and another 5 rows of change rooms. Raina saw Lizzy walk in.

“Lizzy,” she waved.

“Oh hi,” Lizzy smiled and bowed.

“Come over here,” Raina said.

Lizzy walked over to Raina who only had a towel on. She was just about to go in the shower.

“You can use the change room beside mine,” Raina pointed, “I’ll wait for you.”

Lizzy nodded and walked into the change room. She hung up her towel and pajamas and stripped out of her clothes. She placed them on the hooks and wrapped the towel around herself before heading out.

“The showers are over there. I like to go to the last ones because there are less people there,” Raina said leading the way.

They headed inside the showers. Lizzy the shower and hot water came streaming out of the shower head. Lizzy inhaled and exhaled softly as she enjoyed the steaming hot water trickling down her body. It felt relaxing.

“So, Nana wouldn’t let you use her bathroom?” Raina said from the shower beside Lizzy’s.

“Yes. She told me I had to use this one. But it’s okay,” Lizzy replied.

“Where are you sleeping?” Raina asked.

“The caretaker brought in a mattress. I was supposed to share a bed with President until my bed comes in but she had a talk with the headmaster. She didn’t want to share a bed,” Lizzy said.

“Well, that’s Nana for you,” Raina said.

“How come you don’t call her President?” Lizzy asked.

“I only call her President when she’s around. There is no need to always call her President besides I’m a few months older than her, technically we’re same-age friends so I don’t even have to call her President,” she said.

“Then why do you?” Lizzy asked.

“Out of respect, I guess. She’s been on Student Council ever since I remember. She’s been representative for every grade and now she’s President,” Raina said.

“What’s she like?” Lizzy wondered.

“She doesn’t talk much, not that I know of anyway. She’s very smart. The whole school loves her. There was a rumor that went around that she was the headmaster’s daughter but she isn’t.”

“Why did that rumor go around?” she asked.

“The headmaster treats Nana very nicely, as if Nana is her favourite student.”

Wow, my aunt’s favourite student is President Nana? Lizzy thought. They left the showers and headed towards the change rooms. Once they got dressed they walked out of the bathroom.

“What floor do you live on?” Lizzy asked Raina.

“The second floor, my roommate is named Sunny,” she replied.

They walked together until the second floor where Raina had to go.

“Goodnight Secretary Raina,” Lizzy bowed.

Raina smiled and said, “Call me unnie, I don’t like formalities.”

“Goodnight Raina unnie,” Lizzy said again.

“Goodnight Lizzy,” Raina smiled and waved.

Lizzy continued walking up the stairs. She looked at the third floor; there was only one actual room. The rest were all closets and storage rooms. Only Nana lives on this floor, Lizzy thought. She entered the room and saw Nana at her desk doing her homework. She bowed when she walked in even though Nana didn’t even look up. She walked over to her mattress and took out a book that she was recently reading. After half an hour Nana turned around in her chair and faced Lizzy. Lizzy quickly put her book down and sat up on her mattress.

“Yes, President?” she asked.

“I’m going to lay down some rules for you while you’re here. First, you always have to be formal with me unless I tell you otherwise. Second, never use my bathroom. Third, you can’t play your music out loud, always wear headphones. Four, don’t expect me to talk to you and don’t try to start a conversation with me. Five, if you have any questions you address E-young with them. Do not burden me with your issues. Six, once I sleep you can sleep too. I believe that is all. I don’t think I’m forgetting anything,” Nana said.

Lizzy looked at her nervously and nodded her head.

“Do you understand?” Nana asked.

“Y-yes President,” Lizzy stuttered.

“Good,” Nana replied. She put her books away and turned off her lamp. Lizzy did the same since she knew this meant it was time to sleep.

I can already tell I’m going to have an interesting year, Lizzy thought before she drifted off to sleep.


Hi guys :) Thank you for subscribing and commenting, it really means alot to me <3