The Plan

Love In The Ice

A few weeks had passed since the elections. The current president of the school is Krystal Jung. Everyone loved her. The students of Hansung High were still trying their best to move forward and function normally again, but it was hard since Nana had made such a huge impact.

“Lizzy, what’re you thinking about?” Raina asked. They were sitting in the library. Raina was tutoring Lizzy.

“Hm?” Lizzy turned to face Raina.

“You seem dazed,” she said.

“Oh, I’m just tired,” Lizzy replied.

“The dance is next week. Are you going with anyone?” Raina asked.

Lizzy smiled bitterly.

“I was supposed to go with Nana…I don’t think I’m going to go,” she said.

Raina’s eyes widened.

“You’re going! It’s going to be fun, I think we all deserve some fun after what’s happened.”

Lizzy shook her head.

“Lizzy, all your friends will be there, you’ll be going with us, it’ll keep your mind off of her,” Raina said softly.

“Maybe I’ll come.” She smiled softly at Raina.

~

“Raina, why are we here?” Seohyun asked. Kaeun, E-young, Seohyun and Raina were sitting in the Student Council room.

“Lizzy still misses Nana, a lot. She doesn’t want to go to the dance next week,” she explained.

“What? She needs to go!” Kaeun protested.

“It won’t be the same without her,” E-young said.

“That’s why I have a plan,” Raina announced.

“What kind of plan?” Seohyun asked.

“We need to bring Nana here, we need her to go to the dance and surprise Lizzy,” she said.

“How are we going to do that?” Kaeun asked.

“Well, I was thinking that we could make the dance a masquerade ball, that way we could sneak Nana in and out without anyone knowing.”

Everyone’s faces lit up as Raina explained the plan. They were all excited for it to happen. They all missed Nana, but they were doing this for Lizzy.

~

Raina sat in her room. She found Nana’s new school and phone number. She dialed it into her phone and waited for Nana to answer.

“Hello?” a sleepy voice answered.

“Nana?”

“Raina?” Nana said excitedly.

“Yes. It’s me,” Raina replied as she smiled from ear to ear.

“How did you get my new number?” Nana asked.

“With something called the internet.”

“Oh right,” Nana laughed.

“So, the dance is next week, and Lizzy really misses you so we want to sneak you in to surprise Lizzy and sneak you out,” Raina said.

“She misses me?” Nana choked.

“Yes, a lot. Now are you on board or not?” Raina asked.

“Of course I’m on board. What do I need to do?”

~

“Lizzy we’re going shopping,” E-young said as she linked their arms.

“For what?” Lizzy asked confused.

“Dresses silly!” she replied.

“I don’t think I’m going to the dance next week.” Lizzy sighed.

“Well too bad, you’re going, whether you like it or not,” E-young stated.

She dragged Lizzy along to the front of the school where a car was waiting with a driver. Raina, Kaeun, Seohyun and even Krystal were all waiting.

“Lizzy,” a voice called from behind. She turned around and saw the headmaster standing there. E-young let go of Lizzy’s arm and went to the others. Lizzy walked over to her aunt and bowed.

“Lizzy, I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done. I want you to have fun. Go buy a dress with your friends,” she said handing Lizzy her credit card.

“Thank you auntie,” Lizzy replied. She took the card, bowed and walked away.

They all got into the car. They talked the entire ride there about how they wanted their dresses to look and about the dance. Once they got to the mall, they split up. Kaeun, E-young and Krystal went off on their own leaving Seohyun, Raina and Lizzy to shop for themselves.

“How come none of you guys have dates?” Lizzy asked as they headed into a store.

“I’d rather go with friends,” Seohyun replied.

“I didn’t really have anyone in mind to go with besides friends,” Raina responded.

“Oh Lizzy, try this one on, I think it would look great on you!” Seohyun exclaimed as she gave Lizzy a royal blue gown with silver sparkles.

“Don’t you think it’s too much?” Lizzy said as she held it up.

“No, go try it on!” Raina said as her and Seohyun shoved Lizzy into a fitting room.

Lizzy stripped out of her clothes and slipped the dress on. She came out of the fitting room. Raina and Seohyun’s jaws dropped as they saw her. Lizzy looked at their expressions and looked at herself in the mirror. The dress was one shoulder, it fit perfectly on her hips, and there was a slit on the side so you could so a bit of leg. She smiled. I look pretty, she thought.

“Here try it on with these,” Raina said as she held out a pair of silver heels to Lizzy.

“Now it’s complete,” Seohyun said.

“You look beautiful,” Raina complimented.

“You really do,” Seohyun agreed.

“Thank you guys,” Lizzy said blushing. “I’m going to get it.”

After Lizzy changed back into her clothes, she purchased the dress and the heels. They shopped until the mall closed. They had all purchased their dresses and were excited for the dance.