Awake

Love In The Ice

Lizzy’s eyes fluttered open. She slowly observed her surroundings and realized she was in her room. She saw Nana sitting at her desk staring directly at her.

“You’re awake,” Nana said relieved.

“How long have I been unconscious for?” Lizzy asked.

“A couple hours,” Nana responded.

She walked over to Lizzy’s bed and sat on the edge.

“How are you feeling?” she asked.

Lizzy noticed Nana’s eyes were red and puffy as if she’d been crying.

“My head hurts a lot and my eye still feels swollen,” she said.

“I’ll get you painkillers from the nurse’s office.” Nana stood up from the bed.

“Nana?”

“What?”

“Thanks.”

“For what?” Nana asked surprised.

“For saving me,” Lizzy responded.

“You’re joking right? This is all my fault, if wasn’t for me this wouldn’t have happened to you,” she replied choking back tears.

“It’s not your fault. Those girls were completely insane. Please don’t think this is your fault,” Lizzy reassured her.

Nana shook her head and looked down. “I’m going to get you painkillers. If you need anything just call or text me.”

“Okay,” Lizzy said quietly.

Nana left their room and walked down to the nurse’s office.

As she was walking down the hallway she took out her phone and messaged the Student Council members and Raina to inform them that Lizzy woke up.

She placed her phone back in her pocket and walked inside the nurse’s office.

“Miss Im, what can I do for you?” the nurse asked.

“I just need some painkillers,” she said.

“What do you need them for?”

“My roommate is sick. Her head hurts a lot,” she replied.

“I’ll be right back,” the nurse said as she went to get the medicine.

Nana felt her phone vibrate several times. She took it out of her pocket and checked her messages.

I’m so glad she’s awake. Tell her to feel better <3 - E-young

Thank god! Please tell her to get well soon :) - Seohyun

Good. You better take care of her. - Raina

Thanks for telling me! Tell her to get well soon ^^ - Kaeun

Nana placed her phone back in her pocket. The nurse came back out and gave her a bottle of pills.

“Tell her to take two pills every 8 hours,” the nurse informed.

“I will. Thank you so much,” Nana said.

Nana opened the door to her room and entered.

“I brought you the medicine,” she announced.

“Thanks,” Lizzy said.

Nana went to get a glass of water. She returned and told Lizzy to sit up a bit so she could swallow the pills. Lizzy tried to sit up but her whole body was in pain. She groaned and lied back down.

“It’s okay just put your head up a bit,” Nana said.

Lizzy lifted her head from the pillow and Nana put a pill in and held the glass of water to her lips as Lizzy swallowed the pill. Then she did the same with the other pill. Lizzy put her head back on the pillow.

“I’m sorry Lizzy,” Nana said quietly.

Lizzy put her hand on top of Nana’s hand and squeezed.

“Don’t worry about this. I’ll be okay,” Lizzy said.

“How are you so strong?” Nana asked.

Lizzy smiled gently. “I’m not.”

“Yes you are. I admire your strength,” Nana confessed.

“Well thank you,” Lizzy laughed softly.

They were still holding each other’s hands but they didn’t notice.

“Did you tell the headmaster what happened?” Lizzy asked.

“No I didn’t. Do you want me to?” Nana asked.

“I think we should. Don’t worry you won’t get in trouble. It was those two girls that did this to me not you.”

Nana nodded. “We’ll tell her tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay,” Lizzy agreed.

Nana put her hand through Lizzy’s hair. “I’ll fix your hair tomorrow too.”

“How?”

“I’m going to give you a nice haircut,” Nana said.

“Wait, you know how to cut hair?” Lizzy asked.

Nana nodded.

“I didn’t know that,” Lizzy said.

“Well now you know. So what do you say? Do you trust me to give you a haircut?” Nana asked.

“Maybe. You better do it well,” Lizzy said.

Nana chuckled. “Don’t worry I will.”

“My whole body is in pain,” Lizzy complained.

“Where does it hurt the most?” Nana asked.

“Everywhere!” Lizzy exclaimed.

“Do you want me to massage you or take you to the nurse’s office?” Nana asked.

“If my face didn’t hurt I would be raising an eyebrow right now,” Lizzy said.

Nana smiled.

“Can you massage my legs a little and then take me to the nurse’s office?”

“Of course.”

Nana lifted the blanket from Lizzy’s legs and massaged her legs gently and slowly.

“Does it hurt?” Nana asked.

Lizzy’s eyes were closed. “No, it feels nice.”

Nana continued to massage her legs for about 20 minutes before Lizzy told her to stop.

“Thanks unnie,” Lizzy said.

“No problem.”

“Now we can go to the nurse’s office,” Lizzy stated.

Nana helped Lizzy get up. She was dizzy so she had to lean on Nana the entire way to the nurse’s office.

“Oh my goodness!” the nurse exclaimed when she saw the two girls enter the office.

The nurse quickly rushed over to Nana and helped place Lizzy onto one of the beds.

“What happened?” the nurse asked shocked.

Nana explained everything that happened and the nurse said that she has to inform the headmaster after she checks on Lizzy.

Lizzy turned out to have a couple broken ribs and her right arm was sprained.

“Why didn’t you come here sooner?” the nurse asked Nana.

“I didn’t know what to do. The first thing that came to mind was to take her back to our room,” she replied.

The nurse left the room to call the headmaster.

“Hey, you alright?” Nana asked Lizzy.

Lizzy nodded. “I’m nervous to know my aunt’s reaction.”

The nurse walked back in the room. “The headmaster will be here soon.”

After 10 minutes, the doors to the nurse’s room busted open and in came a bewildered Kahi.

“What happened?!” Kahi exclaimed.