Don't Leave

Love In The Ice

“I’m sorry Nana, the headmaster said very clearly that you are not allowed to visit Miss Park,” the nurse said.

“Please, I just want to see how she’s doing,” Nana pleaded.

“I’m sorry Miss Im but I cannot disobey the headmaster,” the nurse reiterated.

Nana sighed heavily and stood outside of the nurse’s office. She closed her eyes. How can I sneak in to see Lizzy? She asked herself.

“Nana?” a voice called out.

She opened her eyes and saw Seohyun standing in front of her.

“Hey,” she said weakly.

“Are you going inside?” Seohyun asked.

“Oh, I’m not allowed to see Lizzy, headmaster’s orders,” Nana explained.

“Is there anything you need to tell her? I could pass it along,” Seohyun said.

Suddenly, Nana had an idea.

“Actually, could you help me sneak in to see her? I just need to talk to her for a few minutes.”

“I don’t know,” Seohyun hesitated.

“I promise it won’t take long.”

“Alright. But, if we get caught, it’s on you,” Seohyun agreed.

“Thank you Seohyun!” Nana exclaimed as she engulfed her in a hug.

“You’re welcome.”

Nana let go of Seohyun.

“So you distract the nurse and I’ll sneak in, talk to Lizzy and sneak out,” she explained.

“Got it.”

Seohyun went inside the nurse’s office. Nana saw her ask the nurse a question, she watched the nurse walk off to the other room. Seohyun turned around and signaled for Nana to go. Nana quickly went into the office and found Lizzy’s room. She opened and closed the door as quietly as possible.

“Nana? What are you doing here?” Lizzy asked.

“Shh,” Nana whispered as she put a finger to her lips.

“What are you doing here?” Lizzy repeated in a whisper.

“I snuck in. I had to see you. I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry that I made a mess of things,” Nana apologized.

“It’s not your fault,” Lizzy reassured her.

“How are you?” Nana asked.

“I’m better now. The nurses are taking good care of me,” Lizzy replied.

“I hope you recover soon.”

“I hope so too.”

“I also came here to tell you something,” Nana said. “I thought you should hear it from me first.”

“What is it?” Lizzy asked curious.

“I’ve decided to transfer schools,” Nana said.

Lizzy’s eyes widened. “What? Why?” she exclaimed.

“Shh! I have to. I’m not president anymore, I don’t have anywhere to live,” she paused, “and I can’t see you anymore.”

“Don’t go,” Lizzy begged. Her eyes were teary.

“I have to, I’m sorry,” Nana mumbled.

Tears strolled down Lizzy’s face. Nana sat on the edge of her bed and wiped Lizzy’s tears.

“We’ll see each other again, don’t worry,” Nana reassured her. She smiled as she tried to keep herself from crying.

“I don’t want you to leave,” Lizzy choked.

“I’m glad I met you Lizzy-ah. Please become president of the school and change it for the better,” Nana said as she Lizzy’s short hair.

“I’m glad I met you too President Nana.”

Nana smiled.

“Goodbye Park Lizzy,” she whispered.

“Bye Nana unnie,” Lizzy managed to say.

Nana leaned over and kissed Lizzy’s forehead before she left.